Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I really was enjoying the hell out of this until the last couple chapters. I have no idea what the hell is going on. Maybe the mangaka just suddenly developed an obsession with idols or something?

Not sure why so many do this whole "time to add more characters" thing around this point, it goes well so seldom.

What do you even mean by "at this point"??? We're not on resolution after a climax. It 100% makes sense to introduce characters right now.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I see a .5 or bonus chapter or something, my heart always falls because I want the story.
But then I read the not-chapter and go "dawwww". I'm just a sucker for cuteness.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

She's gonna be like, I'm sad, I couldn't get you the present I promised.

Really, I was scared of clicking a "preview", I don't like teasers to chapters. But this was cute and didn't really leave a cliffhanger, so all good.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Happy ending doesn't change the super sour feeling left by the queen-focused chapter. Momo gets to be married happily, but the author still decided that another character was forced to break up with her girlfriend and marry some dude she didn't know.

But hey, it's okay because "look, she's happy now anyway". It's what's annoying me the most (and making me very uncomfortable), that it was shown very positively and the forced break-up didn't matter. I guess it was just a phase.

No one was forced to do everything. Stop projecting. The chapter is so long passed, it's silly of you to bring up now. We had this argument long ago.
Following your traditional and familial responsibilities is not being forced. She chose to do it, it even showed that in the chapter in question.
If anything, the only 'forcing' happening around here is you trying to force your cultural preferences onto the author and the characters in their story.

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 2:38AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I love the little bow on the end of her tail <3

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Dang, what is this? More of this adorable home-life forever, please.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Personally I think equalizing romantic interest with the act of barkeeping here is misplaced. Natori likes making drinks for people on basis of it being her passion.
And while she may be easily flustered by a pretty face and easily swept along by external pressure, i'm pretty convinced that the thing blooming between her and Hinata is the only actually romantic tension there is so far.

Yeah, I'm not getting why people are upset. Neither Natori nor Hinata are treating the serving of drinks as sexual in any way. Maybe at a stretch a kind of married couple thing because Natori makes her a drink before she leaves in the morning, but they definitely aren't seeing it as romantic (yet).

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

60 chapters in, and still no actual progress?

Dropped.

I wish I could just "drop" these kinds of comments.
There's a tag group for this on Facebook.
This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

"there's too much loli fluff", they said. "not enough plot", they said.

I hope the people complained that there was too much fluff are happy now.

Geez, you get butthhurt people no matter what you say on these forums.
Yes, the people who were reading the story for the plot are glad the plot has come back and stopped middling around doing nothing.
Happy with that response?

last edited at Sep 25, 2023 6:48AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ah, a classic, from MY youth. That's telling y'all how old I am.

Yeah. I remember that song from high school, hell the whole album was pretty good the way I remember it. When I was the chapter name my mind went to Van Halen (or Van Haggar as they used to say) 'Çan't This Be Love'. But this works too.

My age: I was in high school when ... the Britney Spears version of this song came out.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Mashiro is still whoring herself out, how can she be mad at what makino is doing lmao.

Say you're looking down on sex workers without saying you're looking down on sex workers.

It's her job, there's nothing reprehensible about it. Apples and pears.

You just seem like you're getting offended just for the sake of it. Comparing someone going on dates and sleeping with other people for money while you get jealous about who they spend time with isn't apples and pears, it's a legitimate comparison.

But, the comment has little to do with the situation here anyway, because Mashiro isn't jealous that Makino might be sleeping with this guy, she thinks Makino is actually going to marry him. That is actually a different scenario.

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 9:30AM

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

She actually is quite mature.
I hadn't really thought it in the previous chapters, but knowing that telling a teacher you love them means that they need to cut off any kind of intimate relationship is very wise of her (even though falling for a teacher in the first place was unwise, lol).

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I saw him dancing there by the record machine
I knew he must have been about 17
The beat was going strong, playing my favorite song
I could tell it wouldn't be long 'till he was with me
Yeah me
I could tell it wouldn't be long 'till he was with me

^ that but in awful japanese

I find it funny that the chorus is not easy to sing, either.
I love rock 'n' roll. Okay, but then it's like
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby - which even native English speakers have a hard time fitting into the line properly, haha.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ohhhh, i like this plot twist. Not an antagonistic traditional orgre, but one who really sees her worth as someone to serve them alcohol like they need.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Lately, more and more yuri MCs are girls of less than sterling character. Everyone but Momo in this one is in that category.

I definitely wouldn't bet on that. Momo probably has some skeletons in her closet. Maybe even literal skeletons.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Never thought I'd see the day when Dynasty readers would be complaining about chibi neko-girls licking each other.

(I kid, I kid. But really . . .)

Look, if this was some kind of spin-off or oneshot, then I'd be all for it. There's a time and a place for cute kids and catgirls.

So you're suggesting that there are times and places that are not for cute cat-girls . . . ?

I'm sure I can think of a couple of places that would be inappropriate... I just can't think of any right now.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Never thought I'd see the day when Dynasty readers would be complaining about chibi neko-girls licking each other.

(I kid, I kid. But really . . .)

Look, if this was some kind of spin-off or oneshot, then I'd be all for it. There's a time and a place for cute kids and catgirls.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I don't like where the story is heading now. The arc started because people were dying to the Demon, and now we got this! So tone deaf.

Yes, yes. That's a feeling that I haven't been able to put my finger on for this whole arc.
Yvonne hasn't had much of a sense of urgency for trying to "fix" anything. In fact, she seems to have not thought about the future at all since she met Elsa, which was already quite some time after she went back in time.

Like ... how long has it even been? It seems like it's been months, although it probably just feels like that because of chapter transitions with no idea of what the time gaps are.

The author better bring this story back around in the next couple chapters… i’ve noticed a thing in Chinese romance manga stories where they’ll have the characters a basically get together, and then start a huge arc that steps back from that in defiance of all sense of pacing. And it always kills my interest in the story. This one has been so great, I hope it doesn’t lose me…

It does indeed feel like a way too long arc that's off the track of their relationship. I guess they've gotten away for it for so long because it kind of is progressing their relationship? But backwards? Experiences that Elsa had are now being shared with Yvonne. But we only needed like 2-3 chapters of that. Now, it's like, okay, we get it. Time to move on.

I was wondering how many chapters it has been, so I went back to count. 14. 14/75 chapters of back to childhood cuteness which really hasn't added much to the actual story. We've got:
- Yvonne saved Elsa
- Yvonne and her mother are both sensitive to possession
- Elsa ... is being 'bullied' in a cute way even when she's a kid?
Did that need to be nearly 20% of the whole story? It'll be 20% next chapter.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ohhh, I get it. He peeked in, and that's where his ... interest began.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

It's always the same plot when you read a Yuri story with a succubus. The succubus have always fucked dudes and found it normal, okayish or boring but one night she ended up doing it with a girl by mistake and she found it so amazing that she dedicate her life to eat only pussies after that. For a creature who feeds only from sexual desires, they are pretty dumb... Also, I didn't know that demons are that heteronormative and don't know the existence of gay people. Do they also have the same political and sex education as us ?

I did have a random thought while reading that if this is not "food" just energy collection, and they don't actually need semen, why does it have to be a man they have sex with?

But then I was like, don't think about it too much, it's a story (a short one at that), and they didn't go hard on the world-building.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I wont be surprised the scum became buddies or even marry that dude. As long as Mashiro staying as a mistress for Makino, along with non stop supply of money or credit card, things will work. Money buy you everything. Those three may even becomes a threesome. You cannot ignore that credit card.

Baha, your post seems to have hit a nerve, and that's hilarious. Morality police, go! A lesbian isn't allowed to marry a man for money.
Please post more of these comments that make everyone angry.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I just burst into laughter. Basically rolling on the floor, at the last comment on the extra. They didn't, lol.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

PSA: The idea that corsets could be so tight you would have trouble breathing is a myth.

Then why haven't they gotten back in fashion?

Because they're expensive and take a long time to put on?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The format is what might be causing problems for some IMO. It just doesn't make for a nice continuous plot progression, you have to come to terms with this being a very episodic slice of life thing about realistic teenagers growing up and figuring stuff out. I'm quite happy with it, but I get why it might be frustrating for a lot of people.

Personally, I don't get the complaining. We're up to chapter 56, they've had 56 chapters to get used to the format, but they've just been complaining the whole time. It's classic: I don't like this kind of story, but I'm reading it anyway so I can tell everyone I hate it every chapter.

I also take issue with people's ideas of what "progress" is. It was always so frustrating to see people complain about a lack of "progress" in Komi-San because people equate romance to progress. No, that's not the only way a story and the relationships between characters can progress. Mitsuki and Aya are getting closer every chapter, they're deepening their bond and they're understanding each other and the world around them better. That is progress. It doesn't need to be romantic, no matter Aya's feelings.

last edited at Aug 29, 2023 11:04AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

To be fair to the chapter, it shows the magic defenses aren't all they're cracked up to be (or someone snuck it in) and shows what it means that Evie is vulnerable to possession just like her mother.

Yes that was very interesting, along with what the father did to protect the mansion. Evie being especially venerable to magical possession was also very good information along with all the funny cuteness.

We did already know that, though. During the love potion incident, they mentioned that Yvonne was susceptible to possession, so this chapter actually doesn't add anything new.

Which, in turn, supports the speculation that the "villainess system" is just a particularly insidious mare.

That's not how the future Elsa spoke about it though. She said she was under constraints from the system too.