Forum › Posts by E. Vigée Le Brun

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

found the chapter 3's wounded ghost on page 69

No it's page 67

It's this page, right?
You can see the number of the page in the bottom left corner.
It's scary af is you think about it. We're watching the mindscape of the miko who has been possessed by Okiku, so both her spirit and Okiku's spirit are there and they are casually talking...

And in the background, between the miko's naked spirit and her speech balloon (reading "You really can cook!"), you can see the face of... ugh.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I still can't figure out how Kashiwai will wriggle her way into this bizarre triangular confluence of love/hate emotions. Especially since one of the people involved is her goddamn boss.

Tsuzuki: « If you want to be my sweetie, you have to shag Hiroki and Fukunaga too! »

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I feel like we went from snail pace to full throttle in half a second.
If we were talking about a car I'd love it and say 'Wow, atta cool acceleration!' but when it's about fictional romance I'm not sure it works so well for me....

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I hope Akiyama twists these women into pretzels. I hope she lights them on fire. I hope she warps the concept of marriage so profoundly that 'Here Comes the Bride' is henceforth played only at funerals and every mention of matrimony in any form of media mandates a content warning. I have faith in the mind that produced Octave.

I liked your post so much I was ready to say: "I love you! Marry me!"

Then I realized that oops, bringing down the idea of marriage is the whole point, lol.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

MC: I have to keep this filthy gyaru out of my yuri atmosfere!
Gyaru: I'm kinda worried about her, since she only hangs with me and Fujiyama. It'd be great if she could make friends with more people.

Yeah, the MC doesn't really look good in comparison with Yoshioka.

It's actually worse. The episode with the Ouija board made it clear that Gyaru has developed feelings for MC; the spirits (or angel-san) were going to spell out that Gyaru's loved one is named Watanabe when Gyaru flipped over the board.

And all this time Gyaru has been under the impression that MC has a romantic crush on her. That's actually the whole reason why she started looking at MC as a potential love interest... and eventually grew fond of her and started feeling a tender affection towards her!

If Gyaru ever finds out what MC really thinks of her, it will break her innocent heart.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

This was cute. Although it was a bit messy.

I don't know if it's the way the translation worded it that made it kinda messy, but it took me a while to understand what the hell was going on at that booth in the doujin festival. I think it was because the translation had Mishima constantly use "they" to refer to Gyudon, when "he" would have been the normal choice given the context. (She thought G. was a guy!)

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Those scars scared the bejeezus out of me. Are they burn scars? 'Cause they don't look at all like scars resulting from cuts or punctures.

joined Jun 8, 2021

Tong Tong is precious and must be protected at all cost.

TongTong's mom agrees with you and will even fight XiaoLu's stupid mom for the sake of their kids' happiness. Yes, I've read ahead. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

E. Vigée Le Brun
Liberty discussion 01 Mar 11:07
joined Jun 8, 2021

Liz must be the Japanese version of a Mary Sue (whatever she does, she's loved and forgiven).

That development with Maki's friend confessing to her was axed and quashed two panels after it started. Gotta be a record of sorts.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Sorry, that’s not how it works in yuri—you’re required to go through several chapters minimum of ignoring obvious signals, failing to take advantage of golden opportunities to confess, misinterpreting the meaning of the word “date,” and wondering if what the other person explicitly said is what they really meant.

You mean they fail to seize the moment? o3o

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Uwawawawa gay gay gay gay gay

Fixed it for you.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

wow, okay this is the first yorumo thing i read, and so i immediately went and read all the rest. they're all wonderful. i highly recommend everyone who enjoyed this do the same.

thanks for all the hard work sunflwr & paint <3

I appreciate how hard they worked to translate and edit every single sound effect. That gotta have been redrawing hell.

... I'm however a bit baffled by "Puff" in page 17, what's that supposed to be a sound effect for?

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

It says Yuri Drill. IIUC that means Itou hachi is answering a "yuri challenge" where they ask her to draw yuri within certain parameters-for instance with monstergirls, or incest, or office romance, or foe yay. I assume they asked her to draw "apocalypse yuri" or "end of the world yuri" and she came up with this.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Where's the Wholesome tag?

joined Jun 8, 2021

Ngl for a moment after seeing her test results I thought they were really going to send her to Sparta Gakuen in the mountains.
Then I tried to picture Maron in Kekkou Kamen guise and wondered how good were her skills at kung-fu and nunchakus.
I have too much imagination.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

somebody get her a drink, she's thirstier than a roadrunner in the desert in the summertime

She already gulped down a big drink.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Mangaka-san: ‹carefully draws 30 pages of cute yuri love story›
Dynasty forum: ‹ho-hums a few comments to say same old, same old›
Mangaka-san: ‹doodles 3 pages of slop-and-go art where girl slashes other girl›
Dynasty forum: ‹52 comments of heated debate, and going›

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

We need more Taniguchis in our yuri.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Remember, kiddos, pursue the path of decent happiness and decent pay, never the path of large pay with tiny happiness.

In America the path usually is tiny pay, large workload and tiny happiness.

Ouch.

joined Jun 8, 2021

Why is everyone taking that weird stance with their arms making an X and their fingers crossed? I get that it's supposed to be a blocking stance, but the reference or joke escapes me. And why the "gentleman" faces?

E. Vigée Le Brun
Pink Ribbon discussion 22 Dec 02:06
joined Jun 8, 2021

Also, I wonder why this story isn't tagged bisexual?

I've been wondering about that from the beginning. Maybe it's not enough to have a hot crush on a strapping young man to qualify for the tag; maybe there's gotta be bisexual action for the story to be tagged bisexual: dating, kissing, holding hands, something that doesn't happen only in your head. (This is only my speculation, I have no idea about the real criteria at work and it may be something completely different.)

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

If you're able to point out specific examples of Nari - or anyone else - using this story or its actors to judge real people for their romantic or sexual orientations, I am here.

Me, do your job for you?
Trop la flemme.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

You skipped over Nari's posts, that's fine. Several others chose to respond to Nari. As discussion is presumably one of the goals of having a forum, Nari's posts have "added" plenty.

I don't know if you'll find this useful, but quoting Wikipedia:

Massive wall of text

The massive wall of text (MWOT) often appears in disputes and bombards you with so much information and underhanded hostility that it's almost impossible to keep up without replying with one of your own. MWOTs are a good indication that people are talking past each other. Common features include:

# New arguments unrelated to the matter at hand
# Already-discussed arguments
# Giant paragraphs that never really come to a point
# Thinly-veiled personal attacks

Some walls of text are intentionally disruptive, such as when a poster attempts to overwhelm a discussion with a mass of irrelevant kilobytes. Other walls are due to lack of awareness of good practices, such as when a poster tries to cram every one of their cogent points into a single comprehensive response that is roughly the length of a short novel. Not all long posts are walls of text; just remember: the longer it is, the less of it people will read.

Mwots here take bi-poly ways irl, judge them then use them to condemn this story. Not cool.

E. Vigée Le Brun
Fake sweets discussion 16 Dec 13:26
joined Jun 8, 2021

tfw more people comment on the credits page than on the story

joined Jun 8, 2021

That moment when you realize you should talk things with your partner.

I see, I see. If something about your relationship troubles you, you should talk about it with your partner. This notion is so subtle and complex it's almost impossible to grasp... but it was written in a book of old loredoujinshi, so it must be true!

Where did this (hilarious) scene come from?