sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

This is the best NanoFate doujin.

Don't even try to change my mind.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Is Mira back?

Was never gone, her most recent series "Dream-Colored Replica" just got picked up by Irodori.

In english? where can you find this official translation, is irodori on a site or somethin?

https://irodoricomics.com/collections/mira

Costs money ofc. And yes, it's in English.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Is Mira back?

Was never gone, her most recent series "Dream-Colored Replica" just got picked up by Irodori.

last edited at May 11, 2021 3:48PM

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Well I guess... the cat's out of the bag.

... I'll get my coat.

sir.AnGer
Image Comments 20 Apr 13:54
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
Ezdahudvkag1bhj-orig

Ah, Miyuki x Natsumi. The ship I love yet hate. The makers tease it a lot (Full Throttle ED and there's quite a bit of official art going around) but in-canon they both have boyfriends. :(

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Speaking of Mira, has she gone onto better forms of graphic novels?

I don’t see any more of her works being uploaded here.

Mira's work has been licensed by Irodori Comics and they have a strict takedown policy. Unless there's some content they aren't willing to touch, I think it's likely it'll remain exclusive to them.

sir.AnGer
Date Night discussion 04 Apr 14:15
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Overdressed? Undressed?

They are both basically in mini-dress.

I'll shamelessly rephrase something I read under the twitter source here:

Basically, Aubrey's dress is designed to be worn to a more upscale (albeit not-too-formal) occasion due to its more form-fitting cut and its black color (= more subdued and "classy", pretty close to an evening/cocktail dress). Evan, on the other hand, is wearing a pink, polka-dotted sundress, which is worn in more casual settings. So even though they're kinda similar, fit and color make each other think they've gone too far in either direction.

sir.AnGer
Image Comments 13 Mar 11:48
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
72917384_p0

^Can confirm, Crossette was part of the DLC blades, so you will always have her once you collect her core crystal from a Nopon.

sir.AnGer
Image Comments 22 Feb 23:51
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
80953836_p0

The very first pink/purple ship :D. Also I love their jackets.

sir.AnGer
Image Comments 11 Feb 05:22
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
Edhzb9bu8amlrxz-orig

This author's Twitter account disappeared, does anyone knows the reason behind it?

Some people took one of their images as an avatar and began harassing them en masse.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

i have like a horrible feeling... what if "mister xie" is mc's dad and this is why tong tong is so sure about mc doing compensated dating.... i mean, you see a girl with an older man you won't immediatly assume that they're on a date unless... you know the older guy to be a pervert who likes younger girls. i don't know, the fact that tong tong assume that, was (for me at least) for comedic effect, but now things have a more serious tone so was it REALLY for the comedy?

I think that would be a wild turn of events and also doesn't quite fit. We've seen Lin Luxie's father's face before in Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 and both the hair colour (MC's dad has black hair, "Mr. Xie" is a brunette), hair style (slicked-back vs. messy) and the fact that MC's father doesn't wear glasses but "Mr. Xie" does lead me to believe they're different people.

I think Tong Tong's perception of relationships between men and women is just askew, due to her biological father never having been part of the picture and the only possible father figure in her life being kicked out after trying to sexually assault her, after which she never had the chance to form an idea of what a "normal family" would be like. And the only somewhat serious relationship with a boy her age resulted in him harassing and ostracizing her to the point where she lost her social circle. Yeah I believe she just jumped to conclusions based on her shitty experiences with men and not knowing the relationship dynamics within Lin Luxie's family (as portrayed at the beginning of chapter 3) which is why she assumed that Lin Luxie was engaged in compensated dating. MC also seems very guarded and she doesn't seem to let too much on when talking about her family (Tong Tong pretty much relays her entire life story in this chapter whereas Lin Luxie only makes some slight remarks about her mother and doesn't mention the fact that her father seems to regularly stay in hotels).

tbh if there's a weird twist that links the two I lowkey expect it to be that they're half-sisters and Lin Luxie's dad is the one who fathered Tong Tong before being dragged back to his family (see how we never see the wife of Tong Tong's biological dad and he does look a bit similar to Lin Luxie's old man except for the hair colour)

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Error in the header, the series that is linked is this one: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_straight_girl_wanders_into_a_lesbian_mixer
The right one is mentioned by Calm in post #2.

OT: Dearie me, this is a cute series I forgot existed. xD Been almost two and a half years since I first read this.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Shaved necks are indeed a blessing.^^

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

It certainly makes me notice these sterotypes in these shows- mainly thinking of precure..

Like Blues are always not just cool, but the really smart character, aren't they? Can't a cool character also get failing grades lol? Cool isnt the same as smart but they always are!

And for some reason the MC in precure has never been blue have they? Not that I recall.. Its normally pink right?
bar Nagisa- if she can be called the main of the 2- though she does have pink trimming.. Why are magic girl leaders always pink? Just because its the most 'girly'?

You'd think cool and smart blue would be a good leader? Is it they think people cant relate to blues?
Or leaders need passion?

@ Arcane I will point out Sentai isnt the same as magic girl. There is some overlap in colour associations, like blue- but most of the others aren't the same really. e.g magic girls are rarely red and the leaders are pink.

I think of three stereotypes when I think of blue-themed characters, either a) the kind and smart/intelligent one (Ami from Sailor Moon, Rikka from DokiDoki Precure) b) the "cool beauty" (Tsubasa from Symphogear, Ryuugasaki Umi from MK Rayearth, Aoki Reika from Smile Precure, maybe Haruka from Sailor Moon) or c) the "loud tomboy" (Erika from Heartcatch Precure and Aiko from Ojamajo Doremi, admittedly this is a rare one). Probably it's down to the association of the colour blue with calmness (more befitting thinkers), but also coldness.

And yeah, the PreCure leaders have been universally pink to some degree since Splash Star, but I think the general trend began when Sailor Moon's lead had a pink color scheme to her transformation (though her outfit's main colour is usually white with either red and/or blue in the mix and later yellow when it came to her Super and Eternal forms), around the same time Momoko from Wedding Peach also went for a pink scheme, later mahou shoujo team leaders/main characters such has Doremi Harukaze (and to some extent Utena Tenjou and Sakura Kinomoto) also usually went for pink as an image colour. And yeah in that case I think it's partially down to some good old "pink aisle" sexism, but also probably to differentiate themselves more from shounen series and sentai where the leader is usually red-clothed or in other ways associated with the colour red (Digimon's MCs usually are red-themed, either in their clothes or by an association with fire). And passion - or at the very least curiousity - but also kindness are just generally characteristics you see quite often in media from Japan when it comes to MCs (kindness being very much a common trait in Magical Girl MCs, they often tend to be the most reserved about fighting and only see it as a last resort and even outright killing as a line they never wish to cross).