Forum › Posts by Lizbo

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Wait....the author is German???

Possibly, yes. Her website says: "I am a graduate student of postcolonial area studies from Germany."

Possibly not, though. It says ドイツ在住, which means living in Germany.

...and has been creating doujinshi for about 12 years now. Nice to see her finally getting something published professionally.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Kyouko trying on Ataru's glasses seems like a dangerously couple-ish thing to do. Also, cute.

Lizbo
Yukimaru discussion 06 Apr 15:23
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Goes by the name "Yukiko" (ゆき子) on Pixiv. (Not to be confused with the other Yukiko!)

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/1352764

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I hope someone can help me with this because I'm a sad weeb who
doesn't know how to speak japanese yet..
Is there a translation for this series here in Dynasty? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before but I can't remember the exact title. If not, please do tell me if there is somewhere I can read/buy the english scanlations!

https://twitter.com/yukimaru_26/status/1370920300985032704?s=21

Here's the artist's page, so no, apparently it's not here.

Edit: I just checked out their Pixiv and there's quite a lot of those two doing cute (and slightly lewd) stuff together, and if it hasn't already been translated then someone needs to get on the case right now.

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 3:29PM

Lizbo
School Zone discussion 06 Apr 15:08
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'm being really nit-picky here, but the original Pixiv file names are wrong for the second Yoru/Tamaki short. They've been renumbered to follow on from the first one, but they should be 66544820_p4 to 66544820_p8. As a bonus (or maybe an annoyance), here's another picture of them that wasn't included in the chapter.

Oh, and for those who thought Yokoe's maid outfit was a bit severe, here's a slightly less old-fashioned one that sadly never made it past the sketch stage. Though the winning hairstyle did live on, more or less.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The one and only volume is going on sale in May. That's all, folks.

Not sure, actually, since the blurb on the first page calls it "Comics vol. 1", so who knows?

I spent five minutes staring at this page before figuring out that you meant this one...

OK, I don't know if this is significant, but it says ①巻 rather than 第①巻. In other words, it's missing the ordinal prefix. So does that mean "volume 1" or "one volume"?

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The one and only volume is going on sale in May. That's all, folks.

Edit: Though I could be wrong about that, see below.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 6:13PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The way the comments have been edited and (I assume) deleted gives the unfortunate impression that Madame_Firenze was making an offensive remark and got called out on it. A casual reader might not figure out that this wasn't actually the case.

Edit: Pekoe fixed things, so you can ignore this now.

last edited at Apr 8, 2021 6:16PM

Lizbo
School Zone discussion 03 Apr 16:48
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Tell me more about the 500 drawings of Kei chan as Maid...

I would love to nibble on those lovely ripe fruit.

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Can we have Strawberry Fields Once Again marked as licensed, please? Also, the original is completed, but the translation isn't, so the status should be... whatever is appropriate in that case...

Lizbo
VAMPEERZ discussion 02 Apr 18:33
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Bonus points to Higashiyama for using the actual Londonderry Air in the artwork, and not just some random musical symbols. And especially not that horrible quasi-music clip art that manga artists are so fond of. You know the one I mean.

I think I don't know. Can you light my path? please

Wouldn't you know it, I skimmed through about a dozen doujinshi under the Music tag and couldn't find a single example. I'll have to get back to you the next time it pops up.

Lizbo
Pirate discussion 02 Apr 18:14
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Although stereotyped as all male, there were female pirates as well. Enough of them in fact that some ships ended up with more than 1 woman on the crew, such as Anne Bonny & Mary Read.

And let's not forget the legendary Radio Caroline.

Lizbo
Yuri? 02 Apr 17:56
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Has YURI been cancelled?

It's pretty much par for the course.

Lizbo
Dark mode please? :-: 02 Apr 17:39
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I request Pink Mode.

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Bot.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

To be continued... in a volume with a completely different title, since the characters it was originally named after have disappeared, never to return.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

MARIKA
IS
TRANS

Well, oddly enough...

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

We don't have yuri anymore.

Some of those manga never had it in the first place.

Lizbo
Yuri discussion 01 Apr 18:38
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

juanelric posted:

Is this the only change this year?

Well someone broke the search function too but I can't tell if that's supposed to be a joke or not...

Apparently we're getting a new one that lets you search the forum.

Lizbo
Yuri discussion 01 Apr 11:40
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I shudder to think how much I've spent on manga over the years. (That is what we're discussing here, right?)

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Not entirely sure what order it's supposed to be in. I would assume the page with Tama and Sachi would come last.

The whole thing is actually in reverse order. Not that it makes much difference, since it isn't a connected story in the first place, just a compilation of sketches scavenged from Tokumi's Twitter. (1 2 3 4 5 6) And it doesn't have a title, either. Two of the images did have accompanying text, not that it's very illuminating:

Happy Birthday-ish
Storyboard: making advances without removing her earphones

I don't know if she ever made anything out of these, or posted any more sketches, come to that. I do like the scenes with these two, but not enough to go trawling through thousands of Tweets looking for scraps...

Lizbo
Slow Start discussion 31 Mar 17:02
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

So Tama is her own mother. It all makes sense now.

Lizbo
Pancake discussion 31 Mar 16:56
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

What is it about pancakes that turns Japanese school girls into lesbians?

You've got it backwards. Pancakes emit a pheromone that attracts Japanese lesbians. Scientific fact.

Having said that, it turns out that while pancakes may not turn Japanese school girls into lesbians, they can come close.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

So, who wants to take a guess at what tag we'll be adding next chapter?

Robot dicks on page 13

At this stage, anything is possible.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'm calling dibs on the one in the little top hat.