Forum › Posts by Apocryphal

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I do not wish to know whether there is any ground to what I am about to guess here. It seems like the princess and the snek are familiar with one another, not necessarily friendly, but somewhere along those lines. I'm interested in seeing where this goes; it doesn't strike me as leading to a bunch of doom and gloom. Snek seems jelly more than anything else, really.

I really like how the princess, upon first hearing the snek's whispers, immediately goes "I'll just ask her lol". I'm reading this as her implying that she did have some doubts or questions about the whole thing, but at this point, she trusts and even cherishes Sara to a degree that she'll just sort it out with her. Also, the fact that Sara's confession was stopped because she can't handle looking at Natalia's face is incredibly endearing to me.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I can see where the thought that she might be starting to reciprocate comes from, but that is not how I read this sequence, nor do I generally think this is the direction here. I'm reading this a lot closer to a rather simple shyness/embarrassment/blushiness in an "oh stop it you" kind of way, you know what I mean? Specifically in this series, her reaction would've been a lot more flowery, in all of the literal, metaphorical, and artistic sense, if she were to show actual signs of reciprocation.

Other than that the series has also been very light on turbulence and general fuckery, so I do not expect any last-minute twists of this manner. I'm seeing this as a build-up and lead-up to the eventual "breakdown" where Riri will have to actually confront her feelings and move onwards, most probably with Uda.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Will she need to attend to every singular case, or will curing patient zero be enough? I'm... uh... partial to the former.

I'll be honest, probably the single time I did not expect a teacher angle and it fucking blindsides me, I am not against this.

I'm also pretty certain a few of Mira's works have a very similar premise to this chapter's. If it goes the same route I will not mind the slightest, just saying.

I also just love everything about pages 24-25. Especially Lyriel's reaction and the two girls going ham in the front, who I am convinced for no reason are actually just doing it for fun and not under the influence of anything.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Was the inspiration for this girl Johnny Sins or some shit? I legitimately do not know if anyone enjoys the awkward standing position, but it definitely is amusing, so there's that.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Incredibly cute and heartwarming chapter, I was practically grinning throughout. I'm still a massive fan of the dynamic between Hato and Ruri; their entire back-and-forth in this chapter was pure gold. And Asako's expression on page 20 was so, so sweet. Such a great moment.

As the above commenter mentions, there is a hint of something stirring, and I'm looking forward to seeing what exactly.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Really like the discussion and various ideas proposed by other comments and I'm really looking forward to seeing how things unfold from here. Personally I think that the main theme of chapter 8 (and by extension the entirety of at the very least this main story arc) is being chained to preordained fate and practically any interaction between either character touches this in some way or form. Even Diana and the prince bickering I don't necessarily read as anything regarding their chemistry but more so as a show and in-universe comment of how things are different than the set-in-stone plotline the game had. They're enjoying themselves more, they're their own persons with desires and fears and everything in between, and their fate is not determined by anyone or anything, and this, in my opinion, will be applied to Lapis - her dynamic with Natori, her schemes and the reasons behind them, her previous relationships or lack thereof, etc. when the focus turns to her more prominently (again).

Strictly as far as potential romance goes regarding Diana and the prince, honestly, chapter 8 has me reading them a lot more as (the good kind of) bickering siblings than anything else, but the potential to develop into any route is absolutely there. Personally, I simply like seeing them bounce off each other in a manner that seems so much freer than their positions would normally allow them. They'd work excellently under a buddy cop movie/show type dynamic.

last edited at May 11, 2023 4:32PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

"The storm passed in the night, and the world it left behind was completely different..."

I love this line. Honestly, I felt like this chapter was a bit messier than the previous ones were; like it tried to cover a bit too much in its limited span. But fuck that shit, here we go folks! I really like that she connects the dots and doesn't run away from it. It may be me reading too deeply into it, but her expression shifts in page 452 from a troubled one to one that has come to realize something, of course, but also one that is almost excited. Really looking forward to seeing how things unfold especially from Kiki's side.

Also the dream sequence really reminded me of the sequence in Tsurezure Biyori, though a bit less trippy, and I was hoping it'd end similarly, but no complaints here.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

The very last panel of the chapter, it's Esta's hair, and it seems to me that the hair tie's color is off... maybe blood stained. I do not like either of those implications. Other than that, some fluff, and a continuation of the progress the series has started building toward. I'm still hoping that for whatever reason, Sheena turns out to be a once-in-a-lifetime healer that can do all sorts of crazy shit. All in all a great chapter. Please spare us.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

"...I guess I ended up getting your first time..." them's thin ice the girl's treading, but I do like the spunk this line has.

I know that's exactly what I was hoping would happen, but I did not expect it to be exactly what I'd been hoping would happen. Feels a bit weird, to be honest. Seriously, though, I'm a big fan of how everything went down this chapter. I'm particularly loving Hinata being just wholly sincere, and also page 14's "we'll stick together..." "twist" got a really good giggle out of me. It's perfectly in character.

I do want to point out, though... if one would say that this is contrived or just exists to artificially extend the series, I wouldn't necessarily disagree. There was no reasonable reason not to have the two start going out at this point since it's clear that Shun is gay in all but name and most definitely reciprocates Hinata's feelings. That said, for whatever reason, I simply don't mind it. We're gonna have at least 3 chapters of them pussyfooting around the thing with Shun getting repeatedly hit by the big gay until it sticks and Hinata desperately trying not to absolutely maul the girl, and I'm all for it. I think it's the cute factor; I simply know it'll just be cute and endearing and fun, and I live for this shit so hook me the fuck up.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I love everything about this chapter, it's so cute. I also love seeing Kurumi realize her own feelings and seeing how the context of everything around her changes as a result. I'm really hoping this goes far and really leads to things like physical intimacy and such. Also the credits page was pretty much word for word what went through my mind. The girl's practically got it in the bag, 100%. I wish them happiness.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This is the snu-snu saga, I guess. My dude aiming to fill the entire trope/fetish bingo chart; I can respect that. Not gonna lie, kinda really hot.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...I've been hoping to see, hear, and read more of this author for a long while, so this was a wish come true, pretty much.

A quote of my own comment from not too high above that is even more relevant right now. I am a happy boy, folks. Very happy boy. The first chapter was lovely and I was pretty much melting, and I'm very much looking forward to more. I also actually really like how it restructures the premise that the one-shot establishes and opens it up for further development, as well as the little nods and direct parallels between the two. Thinking about it, I do not think I've read anything under the "public transportation" tag that I did not adore, so that's neat.

Sort of an aside, I'm not sure why but page 27 simply melted me, and the build-up to it as well, like, the two were staring at each other for a good few panels, and following with Takamine very firmly saying they will meet each other, I don't know, I just feel like squeeing.

last edited at May 1, 2023 10:10AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

The first one is one of my favorite one-shots, and now I'm learning there are sequels. This is an incredibly pleasant surprise. This chapter was wholly adorable, and I'm a big fan.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Did this really need some random half-baked (ha) drugging subplot? Oh, and including some equally random "obviously, ladies wouldn't masturbate" thing ... in some random ecchi manga, because that really makes sense.

I read it more in like "a woman of her station engaging in such a debaucherous act? preposterous" kind of thing, and it was also very much with the focus on how it turns Chloe on more than anything else, but I do get where you're coming from.

Also I don't really consider this a drugging subplot considering the tone and outcome and everything, but I once again do get where you're coming from and do agree with you on that one.

That was a perfect setup for lewdness what a shame!

Like, for real. It was the absolute perfect setup for this particular story. Did get a decent laugh out of me, so I guess it's not all bad.

last edited at Apr 22, 2023 4:51PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

"So you have chosen death"

10/10

The fingers' motion is too suggestive, it's just the middle and ring fingers

Pretty certain she just wants to bowl with her. I can't think of any other act her hand motion might hint at.

Seriously, though, in the span of like 3 pages, everything turned ultra chaotic, and I'm very much entertained. I don't even know where to start with the new gyaru ghost, but I am fairly certain that she definitely did mean what she said. Looking forward to seeing how far this snowball of chaos rolls.

Also the extra is perfect "missions failed successfully" and I'm a big fan.

last edited at Apr 22, 2023 7:12AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Smiles all around, and even the hint of a tear in my eye. Such a full and complete finale, and so, so cute. I loved page 15's bottom frame with the gremlin grins, and I also loved the subtle and clever title drop.

This series has been a fluff ride since the first page, and it was fantastic through and through. Very easily cemented itself as one of my absolute favorites, from the incredible art to the lovely characters and the sheer cuteness and wholesomeness, I loved everything about it. Fluff in its purest form, really, and that's the stuff I'm looking for.

Because I find it amusing, I will also quote what I wrote in my personal notes about this series a bit after I started reading it: "This shit is BLESSED. Unfathomably saccharine. 10 outta goddamn 10." Actually, I'm fairly certain I've commented this verbatim here.

I'm still a bit bummed by the fact that it's ending, but I'm more than glad to have been able to read this lovely work. I'm very much looking forward to the official releases. Also, a big thank you to those behind the translation work. You are part of the magic here, and I appreciate it a lot.

last edited at Apr 22, 2023 6:54AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Firstly, I adore that beaming chibi Sara on the lower left frame of the first page. So fucking cute.

I would like to submit this "KYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" for the record, Your Honor!
This gave me life.

Holy shit, yes. Lord almighty, that was some hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife tier move from Yuu, and I absolutely love that this is how it started. It feels perfectly in character for both. Specifically Sara, who seems like one who puts the pedal to the metal by default, is the perfect foil against Tsukushi's disaster state, and exactly the pushing force she needs.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Big fan of the goings-on of this chapter, and the way the story was spun to still follow the beats of the in-universe game's storyline but with drastically changed character dynamics and perspectives is infinitely amusing to me. I also want to think that this isn't the last we'll see the little familiar, but I do not know how this is gonna work.

There's also page 230, where Lapis' whole demeanor screams to me that something is amiss. I don't think she's (still) planning on taking advantage of Diana, and conversely, I actually feel that she sincerely cares for her, but the emphasis and framing on "you haven't lost anything yet" are just screaming.

...Diana has had so much time with Natori, yet Lapis has done more in less time...

This is a really nice observation. To be honest, I thought it is perfectly clear that Natori and Lapis have a much deeper and more personal and sincere connection than Natori and Diana. This may be me reading too deeply into things and/or imposing personal beliefs/experiences on the story and characters but as an example, Natori puts Diana on a pedestal as "her favorite", as in she's still just a character from the game to her. Well, probably not "just" a character, but you get my meaning. Compare that to Natori directly exclaiming that she belongs to Lapis while clutching her hand and it paints a rather clear picture.

I do not think anyone is out of this race just yet, but the developments between Lapis and Natori have been far more prevalent, obvious, and impactful, even when Lapis is on-screen for like half a frame. It is also absolutely clear that if anyone has gotten through Natori's shell it is Lapis - "she noticed... she sees me." as well as shown in chapter 7. Diana has not yet managed to do so even though she's definitely tried, and in my eyes, it partly lies in the fact that Diana is still "just" a character.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

The self-realization Natori had this chapter makes me think that she was either emotionally neglected or even abused as a child. Something like getting repeatedly called a disappointment by her parents and teachers would make a person hypersensitive to expressions of disappointment and disapproval in others, turning it into an emotional driver for the rest of their adult lives. From what I hear such treatment of children who do not immediately excel is common in traditional East Asian cultures.

Yeah, like here is where I insert something-something Japanese culture har har, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's simply how it is. I do think that saying emotionally neglected might be reaching too far with the little information we have, but considering how repeatedly she's mentioned that she has no unique qualities or skills, both factors/ideas make some sense.

Also about your observation regarding Diana... does that mean were inching toward a TOURNAMENT ARC? Boy oh boy! Actually it might be kinda amusing.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 9:51AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

It is astounding to me and almost infuriating that somehow the conclusion Natori came to regarding her nature was that she's selfish and only thinks of herself. That's like Olympic-level mental gymnastics and self-deprecation that I really want her to pull herself from. Hopefully with the help of both Lapis and Diana.

It is clear to me that Lapis has some sort of inclination toward Natori. I do not think it is romantic just yet, but Natori has most definitely gotten through her shell and it was like 3 pages after introduction or something amusing like that. I'm hoping there'll be more fleshing out for her in the next chapters.

Diana on the other hand is becoming more and more endearing. Like, hell, she was so cute this chapter it was blinding. If this goes for a singular route, I'm in the villainess camp, but my faith is starting to waver, please help. Also lord have mercy on these girls they have stumbled right into an encroaching storm.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 6:36AM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

That was a lot to take in, but it only makes me all the more curious. And excited, shit's getting good, I feel. I think the senpai seemingly seeing and touching Aizawa is going to be something of a bait and switch, similar to how it was played with the dude whose name I cannot remember right now. Another likely route would be that she is able to see Aizawa, or spirits in general, but her ability will be less potent than Michi's. Also I do not know how Michi's gonna save herself from what she's gotten into, but I wish her luck.

I want to note how well Aizawa could emote through Kasumi while still distinctly being Aizawa, and all this without a single word uttered. I really liked that entire sequence, there was an entire rainbow of emotions - relief, beaming happiness, what I read as satisfaction from getting to do something she's wanted to for a long while now but couldn't, which also made that part somewhat cathartic to me, and then what I read as a tinge of horny, or a bit more seriously, as a crescendo of sorts of what is most probably Aizawa being in love with Michi. Also concretely establishing that Aizawa can interact with living people and even possess them intrigues me to no end.

I also want to note page 21's "it's too early for that" joke that caught me off guard.

...No idea how to interpret kid Michi(?) operating independently of normal Michi but that's a question for another day...

I read it as Michi getting shadow realm'd/astral projecting herself unconsciously, either as a result of the blow, a result of the particularly eerie atmosphere in the room she was feeling, or a combination of the two. I don't think it's her younger psyche operating independently, but rather actually her operating unconsciously, and I think the lead up here is to actually build and flesh out her "power". Also generally note that I like the observations you made in your comment. Senpai having similar eyes to Michi is particularly curious.

last edited at Apr 13, 2023 1:40PM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...Blindsided. Shaken. Dazed...

"Dazed, reeling, about to break...".

I don't know why, but I'm also surprised they're actually addressing that. I'm hoping they go with a sincere answer, either that she's overcome with feelings she can't exactly put a finger on or maybe straight up admitting she's in love with her or something. Anything that doesn't dodge the issue.

last edited at Apr 12, 2023 3:38PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Good lord that was quite something. I can't yet exclaim "god I wish it were me" without a wave of shame washing over me but I am legitimately envious. Of both of them, really.

Also, general observation, I'm definitely inclined to believe that Natori does actually possess a magical power of sorts.

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 9:25AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Tsuc is good in school, kind, athletic, tomboy-pretty. If you buy all these perks with your points when you create your character, you have to get some serious -4 yuri intelligence flaws too to fit it all in.

Y'know, I haven't thought about it like that, but I like this idea. Girl's gotta have dump stat of sorts.

In any case, even if it were as obvious as could be both in-universe and to us readers, I still appreciate Sara directly telling Tsukushi about her and Yuu. Actually, I'm not so sure it was as clear in-universe as it was to us, especially considering how hard both Tsukushi.exe and Hinoka.exe have been malfunctioning. So I definitely do appreciate this being explicitly mentioned. Now I'm looking forward to the double date(s).

...Also, she obviously didn't factor in that her crush is going to be in a freaking bathing suit at the beach, which isn't exactly going to make it easier for her to think straight (pun very intended) :P

Oh my god I have not thought about that. This will be torturously amusing.

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 9:18AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

All my homies want to see Akira happy.

I want to see Hana's mom ravage her.

Yes! Please!

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 8:14AM