Forum › Posts by Simca

joined Jan 3, 2020

I enjoy the childhood time thing so far, and I think my favorite chapter from this arc is when Evie shows up the boy practicing swordsmanship with a saber manifested from air magic. I hope there's more like that.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Holy shit, that all developed so fast.

oh damn. I also love that he deduced correctly that Rose is the safe one

Yeah, it shows in the 11th page of 34 in the background that he remembers that Rose confessed there was a person she loved and wanted to protect, and she had no reason to lie at that time since she'd just confessed to two murders.

I really like how he tips Rose off by restating something from the booth as well.

last edited at Jul 31, 2023 6:17AM

Simca
Citrus + discussion 25 Jul 06:50
joined Jan 3, 2020

Ah, a classic "Mei can't communicate" chapter. Yuzu opened up to her and Mei shut her down by saying things overly harshly. Mei was 100% focused on the content of what she was saying and not the delivery (she didn't even realize how that last line hurt Yuzu).

Most shocking thing about this chapter is that Nene reacted like a human and didn't say "Haruyuzu" at all.

Anyway, I actually like Citrus+. I think it feels (and is) much lower stakes than Citrus. I could barely read Citrus because how tense it was. But in this, both of them are actually trying to look out for each other (hence why each of them goes straight to their friends to ask for advice, though Mei is asking the wrong question). They still sleep in the same room each night even when they're fighting, and they usually resolve things much more efficiently than in Citrus.

joined Jan 3, 2020

She asked the girls at the bar what Hiroko's type is. None of them ever met "Senpai." They would have run down a list of the kinds of women Hiroko tends to hit on. She likes dark hair, she likes this kind of hairstyle, etc. It just happened to be that because Hiroko was hung up on Senpai, that's reflected in who they've seen her go after, leading to the unintentional resemblence.

You're right that none of them ever met her Senpai but we saw in earlier flashbacks that Hiroko told at least some of them (bartender at least) the gist of the story. It's hard to say how much she said about her Senpai's appearance, though.

I think at least a few of them should have known better than to give out that description for her ideal type because both Hiroko and Ayaka have been coming to the bar to voice their concerns, so they should be able to tell Ayaka pretty easily that what she's doing now is working fine. I think saying just that isn't crossing any privacy boundaries, personally.

last edited at Jul 18, 2023 12:14AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

I loved this chapter; thanks for the translation!

This is definitely the kind of Yuri series I like most.

Also could anyone recommend a heartwarming series like this

There's a ton. Here's an easy example: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/anemone_is_in_heat

Very similar vibes (though slightly different because you get the thoughts of one character).

last edited at Jul 14, 2023 7:36PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is gonna be one of those series where their first kiss is in the airport when she's waving goodbye, right?

That does feel like where this is headed.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Can't believe Konbu-sensei said in a stream that the manga is gonna end soon (in two chapters?). Here goes any hope of an anime.

I hate how her gayest work is the one that didn't get an anime

I'm not super surprised, though. First, it's sapphic, which is the biggest hit to marketability possible for an anime (apparently). But mostly, it's hard to imagine an anime where the entire plot revolves around holding a girl's (mostly) bare breasts. Yeah, like as far as marketability goes, breasts could sell it for the horny + comedy crowd well, but the simple question of "how do they even put this on screen" is hard to answer for this manga. Do they self-censor most of the material? Maybe Hana just never takes off her bra, but it still would have been hard.

Then again, Gushing Over Magical Girls is apparently getting an anime, and it has full-on non-consentual sex (the trapped in a dollhouse chapter) at one point, so what do I know?

Can't believe Konbu-sensei said in a stream that the manga is gonna end soon (in two chapters?).

Wait, really? Poor, poor Akira...

IKR AKIRA DESERVES LOVE TOO

I've been thinking she could date Hana's mom

That's genius. Hana's mom is really into Chiaki's face and Akira has a very similar one. Wonder if the author will set them up together in these last few chapters.

last edited at Jul 8, 2023 12:03AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

Out of curiosity, what's up with the translation on "flirting" from Japanese to English? This isn't the only manga I've seen where people outright having sex was translated that way.

Normally, I'd assume it was self-censorship, but this is a manga about groping breasts, so girls having sex with each other is basically just a minor escalation of the premise. I assume the authors are intentionally using that word. Is there some cultural context we're missing?

last edited at Jul 7, 2023 11:51PM

Simca
joined Jan 3, 2020

Been reading the newest GL on Lezhin called Chasing Lillies, and it is completely wild (SFW, shockingly).

The dramatic tension in each episode is so palpable you could cut it with a knife, and the twists and turns are crazy unpredictable. And despite all of that, when you zoom out and look at the situation from a broader perspective, it's actually a fairly wholesome comedy about women with low self-esteem. However, the way everything is framed makes each episode feel almost like an episode of 24 or something. It's truly strange but in a good way. I couldn't put it down.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 8:50PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

"I don't like breasts okay! I'm... I just... I'm a homosexual! Yes that's it, I don't like boobs om just gay!" -Riku

True brilliance!

joined Jan 3, 2020

Kaori is very insistent on everyone getting along after she's gone. By force, if necessary. Although in her defense, it does seem to work out well, Ruri already decided to come with the intention of getting over her fears, and actually spending some time with just the two of them should help her not just with this, but to feel better about herself in general.

Yep, she's extremely emotionally intelligent and is trying to use her situation as a catalyst for change in the relationships and lives of those around her that will have to fill space with her loss.

joined Jan 3, 2020

What a fantastic title. Drew me in.

I'm against straight/sapphic love triangles that go the straight way, but I'm fine with it if they end up going the sapphic route. The problem is that you normally can't tell, and if it ends up going the straight route late into the story, it's absolutely heartrending (too much like real life).

But with that title, the author is saying "don't worry, I'm not gonna do that to you". I mean, what a curveball it would be to do it anyway, but I assume the author's intentions aren't malicious, lol.

joined Jan 3, 2020

it’s okay if it’s generic when do they kiss

This is pretty much how I feel about new yuri works, lol!

joined Jan 3, 2020

If Fuuko was more patient she likely could have gotten Yuni to break up with Nanase by just being persistent and continuously pointing out Nanase's bad points, but Fuuko is obviously not that patient. Yuni and Nanase needed to break up, and I feel like despite the twists and turns the story has taken, that would have been a good outcome.

But this latest chapter is... yikes. Based on what we've seen of Fuuko's backstory, it seemed like she just wanted somebody to love her back but for some reason she just basically told Nanase that what she wants is NTR. If I assumed the story was going to be logical and consistent, I'd guess that the reason for this is that Fuuko is trying to shock Nanase into breaking up with Yuni (there are some elements that track with that, like revealing they had sex).

However, the last chapter was wild enough that I don't think assuming the story will be logical and consistent is actually very smart at this point. I think we're headed towards -maximum disaster- territory instead.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Wow, this... suddenly went absolutely wild.

Like... I have no idea what is going to happen right now; I wouldn't be that surprised if the next chapter was a threesome.

joined Jan 3, 2020

This couple is really cute together. I really like the way they're drawn; it feels very unique compared to most manga.

joined Jan 3, 2020

For those who have read the LN/WN and finished the anime, do they have the same ending?
Wondering if I should give the novels a go

The anime tracks the LN and manga pretty closely. The WN's story separates substantially from the LN's around volume 2 / 3. From what I've heard of reviews of the WN, this is a good thing because most people disliked the direction the WN went.

Simca
joined Jan 3, 2020

Hey, im looking for some manga (preferably oneshot or short series) where friends start to notice each other romantically/sexually

Lots of these exist. Honestly most Yuri that came out in the 2000-2010 period used this "friends to lovers" trope as a jumping board to try to rationalize things (because back then it needed to be rationalized for whatever reason). Just a short selection of a few favorites:
* Girl Friends: Generally have to buy this one these days, but it's available on most platforms that sell books. This one is very old at this point but still quite good. Just uh, expect homophobia because of the age of the narrative.
* Kasumi and Acchan: Didn't have a real ending but it was still fun.
* Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream: This is a very recent one, but it fulfills your request almost perfectly.
* Bad Thinking Diary: Another very recent one; this one is insanely popular right now. Out of these several recommendations, it is the only one with explicit sex in it. It pushes the "short series" part of your request to an extreme (51 chapters at present), but I figured it was still worth mentioning.

Hi, do you folks know have recommendations for manga (or other media even) featuring a lesbian triad? I've read Introduction to Love Triangles, Luminous Blue and (not a manga) Muted

Well, in the 'other media' category, I just finished reading Heart of Dorkness (Amateur fiction on RoyalRoad). It ends up in a lesbian triad, and I really enjoyed the story too.

What's a Yuri manga that made you really pause and think? One of those stories that stick with you after you finish reading, because of how they have you rethink the world/life/humanity etc.

For me, one such story was The Qualia of Purple (or "Qualia the Purple"), which introduces real quantum mechanics concepts (in a fantasy extrapolation, but still). Another was the webcomic Always Human, which offers an interesting view of disability. There was also this one book where the protagonist has epilepsy, but I forget what it's called.

I'd really like to find more stories like those. Got any suggestions?

Two suggestions sprung to mind instantly.

First: SMILE (Webcomic on Tapas; free)
Second: Soulmate (Manhwa - fan-translated on MangaDex but also available officially on both Tapas and Inkr)

There's certainly tons of others, so I'll edit this if anything else comes to mind.

Edit: Actually, Octave is a decent fit for this. There's some parts I found quite hard to relate, and the protagonist is kind of an awful person (but in a very human way). Overall, it definitely made me really think about what is important.

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 7:47AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

Good to see this manga is still absolutely wild.

joined Jan 3, 2020

The last page of ch1 may be the best scanlation-team-made page I've ever seen.

It's great but the "crying in corners" Citrus mockery in one manga is definitely #2 for me, and the undisputed #1 has to be "slamming clams is nothing like seeing them in their natural habitat". That line will be with me forever.

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 7:52AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

So Luoluo and Song Li have finally kissed in chapter 63. I honestly haven't seen a burn this slow since Sasameki Koto, and that one was in the 2000s. :'D

Ever heard of Ouji-sama nante iranai? :D

No, but having looked it up, it sure looks intimidating, by sheer size alone. O__o

It's the slowest of burns, a smoldering, if you may. But it's also really good imo ^^

Pssssh. Read Lily, then you can talk about the slowest of burns.

So true.

Only like 240 chapters for first kiss! Only 530ish for sex!

joined Jan 3, 2020

Xiao is right that Ji probably isn't fully ready for the implications of being with Jing publicly. I think that will be one of the later hurdles for their relationship. It should be something Jing is particularly sensitive about, since it already caused them to break up once.

joined Jan 3, 2020

I am still not sure which mother is coming back, Minamo&Tsukie or Suu's.

Suu's is dead iirc (illness). Minamo and Tsukie's is the one that ran off.

The situation is really weird though. It's kind of weird Minamo even holds out hope for her mother to return when she abandoned them a decade ago at this point. It might be that hope that drives her father to hide the fact that he's heard from her, since he knows she isn't a good person.

But even that's not clear.

joined Jan 3, 2020

In the beginning, I felt the most bad for Yuni. Nanase was the villain, and Fuuko was an anti-hero.

In the middle, I felt the most bad for Fuuko. We get to see her backstory and how the people she loves never love her back. Nanase is definitely still the villain here with unreasonable demands.

By the end, I felt the most bad for Nanase. Yeah, she's treated Yuni really poorly as a girlfriend. If your time is that limited and your culture that restricted, she should have just told Yuni she couldn't do it. Yuni should have stopped lying her ass off about how 'fine' she felt about the situation though as well. But Yuni's cheating and assault makes her the villain here now.

joined Jan 3, 2020

I forgot about what day it is, but the title was ridiculous enough I felt that it was my obligation to click anyway, even though I know nothing about Love Live.

Well played!