Forum › Posts by Joddascus

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Looks like a nice collection of couple vignettes to look forward to!

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

How wild would it be if the series just ended there with no explanation, just.... she disappeared. Dead. The end.

That would be hilarious, but I’d want to keep going just to see the princess struggle with the absence and the unresolved feelings.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Shion's cape looks like Lord's cape.

Not just that, but she made a point of spanking Azul and she got angry when Berserga tried to touch her butt. Plus the name Imitatio. I’d be very surprised if she had no connection to Lord or isn’t just Lord herself.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I have to say that this manga actually grosses me out, but it’s so unhinged that I can’t look away lol

I can only respect the absence of shame

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019
Anyacchiiii-1548380125225369602-img1

Lmao the subtext tag

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

A cute ending! And we got poly! I am a little sad that we didn’t get to see them making those weird noises, but oh well

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Ngl, this was in line to be one of my favorite manga like 10 chapters ago but anyone feel like it's kinda starting to drag on? Endless new characters, chapters where nothing basically happens. Just feels like the manga is in the serialization goop now, where its just stretching out chapters as long as possible and each chapter accomplishes less and less as a result. The momentum has been severely drained and the overall story doesn't feel as focused anymore.

I like the Shio-chans! They exist outside the camps of the two mascots and they seem something like the magical girl answer to what Lord was doing. They’re also a good way of refocusing the conflict toward Venalita specifically

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

There is just one chapter left tho and honestly given the nature of the manga, it's most likely to end being friends with benefits at best, cause i'm sorry but not only "love" mean a lot of things and it would be strange that suddendly she fall in love with the two of them. Yeah poly don't need love but come on, at no part in the manga, any one seem agree to share the prize.

The author/narrator comments have pretty consistently implied that she’s just slow to catch up with her feelings and has been in love for a while now. This realization is sudden for sure, but I don’t think that it being love is coming from nowhere.

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Yeah Luoluo is 100% a victim in all of this. I want Song Li to understand just how bad she screwed up and apologize.

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

While we’re talking about the BL, I do want to say that I love its inclusion. Something I like about the presence of BL in this series is that not only are the different girls’ relationships to BL varied in nuanced ways, but we also get to see how divorced the BL is from the actual gay couple in the story.

It’s not to say that BL never represents actual queer men, but it’s function is often not geared toward that in the first place. I know a lot of trans-mascs and queer women who’ve used BL as a kind safe experimentation space for figuring things out about themselves.

There’s also a lot to be said for how BL reflects cultural attitudes about the interplay between masculinity and social power. I think boiling it down to “dude hot, so two dudes is more hot” dismisses a lot of rich context involved in the creation and consumption of the genre.

Now, I’m a trans woman, so I don’t want to speak over any queer men or afab people who would have a more authentic perspective, so please tell me if I’m off base here

last edited at Jul 13, 2022 2:03PM

Joddascus
School Zone discussion 13 Jul 13:37
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Bruh was sugiura always that buffed?

She’s always been surprisingly stacked! It was also quite apparent during the beach trip.

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Oh, also, regarding the “why wasn’t Honoka drooling over Eli’s outfit” line of discussion, I think it’s worth bringing up demisexuality and similar ace spectrum attraction. There are people out there who only experience physical attraction after forming an emotional bond with them. I don’t think that Honoka’s being written with that term specifically in mind, but I don’t think her behavior is somehow inconsistent with being into women either.

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

The notion that there could be too many queer people to be “realistic” is so funny to me. In my experience, us queers subconsciously gravitate towards each other since the “doesn’t quite fit into heteronormativity” vibes seem to naturally attract similar people. In fact, 3 of my friends in high school also turned out to be trans on top of being gay.

We find each other lol

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Good for the principal!

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

That HonoEli chapter was so cute!!! Also I was not expecting younger Ian to have such a different fashion sense lol

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I had a thought for what the author could do with Akira:

basically theres this high school teacher except shes got huge boobs. i mean some serious honkers. a real set of badonkers. packin some dobonhonkeros. massive dohoonkabhankoloos. big old tonhongerekoogers

And then she dates Akira.

This is such a complex plotline. How long did it take for you to come up with it?

Oh I’ve been working on it ever since Akira was introduced! And definitely no part of it was copied from a meme site that in turn had already copied the text from tumblr.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I had a thought for what the author could do with Akira:

basically theres this high school teacher except shes got huge boobs. i mean some serious honkers. a real set of badonkers. packin some dobonhonkeros. massive dohoonkabhankoloos. big old tonhongerekoogers

And then she dates Akira.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I’m barely in my 30s and I’m into all of that music lol

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I had a dumb epiphany that I wanted to share:

There are in fact more than the standard fives senses that most people think of. I believe the standard sixth sense is balance. So clearly the high school crush needs to return and bring balance with her. Whether this means she’s the winner or she’s the poly stabilizer is up for debate. Also I guess the MC herself could be balance.

The sixth sense is MC learning to balance her five girlfriends and making them all happy equally, i'll take that ^^

That would be lovely. Or, given that the senses relate to what draws the girls to the MC, maybe only after balancing her gfs does the MC unlock the sixth girl.

And then the seventh sense: electromagnetic waves in bodies of water!

And then…ghosts? Idk

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I think there's nothing better than a slow but progressive change in a story like this. Change for the "better" of course. Whatever better could it mean in any given context. Some changes are more subtle than others, but regardless it shouldn't be too quick, or it might feel a bit too jarring. Although now that I think about it, it's not really about how often the change happens, rather it should be a constant change, just in small doses. Random thought, really. But it made me realize that all the fluff feels so much more rewarding, more satisfying when this change, while seemingly stretched out, is progressively added on top of everything. A lot of series have nice fluff, and it makes me smile and I enjoy it no problem, but there's something extra about things like this or for example "Miss Sunflower" stuff. I dunno.

I blame the heatwave.

I feel like it’s so hard to pin down what makes for a good slow burn. There are a bunch of elements that contribute to the pacing and the balance between progress and the status quo. I do know that this story is really nailing it for me in spite of my impatience for them to kiss lol

Also, I have my Pinecone completely maxed out. What a good bird :)

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I had a dumb epiphany that I wanted to share:

There are in fact more than the standard fives senses that most people think of. I believe the standard sixth sense is balance. So clearly the high school crush needs to return and bring balance with her. Whether this means she’s the winner or she’s the poly stabilizer is up for debate. Also I guess the MC herself could be balance.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I suppose it was the responsible choice to slow things down with Karin, but I wanted her to channel her inner Asumi and just go with the flow lol

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

As much as I would like the polymory route I can't help but root for sensei more than other girls

For me it’s poly > Karin or Sensei > everyone else

I can’t help but root for the character types that normally lose in these situations

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Literally every girl shooting their shot first thing in the morning lol

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

But these two "roommates" are all over each other, all the time, and, as we see at the start of this chapter, Nozomi is often the instigator.

Yeah, I feel like the only sensible answer at this point is lovers. I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up in Futaribeya territory, though