Forum › Posts by Jeanne Mathison

joined May 24, 2019

Pshaw, same old same old. It's not worse than this one.

Or this one.

Or, to stick to yuri, that one with the tired novelist who goes to a pet shop and gets a blonde girl as a dog (can't recall title).

Or this one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_collar_only_for_you
Chapter 7 released ten minutes ago btw.

joined May 24, 2019

I wish they hadn't done the "eat the messed food" bit. It's so... old and tired and done to death.

I think they do it at least once in every romcom in the shop. I have read some really old romcoms in my day, hetero for-boys stuff like from 30 years ago, and it's the second or third most used trick when they try to come up with a reason for the cute and popular girl to fall for the dumb nerd mc: she tries to cook something, messes up, but he eats it nonetheless and her heart goes pitter-patter for him. The only ploys that are even more commonplace are "she falls for him after she sees him feeding a stray kitten" and the absolute most popular "she falls for him 'cause one time he did for her some random everyday thing that was kinda nice" which ranks number one in all the charts.

For real, I wish they hadn't used such a silly (un)dead horse trope in a yuri manga that I like. There's no need to go there, dangit: Elsa is already head over heels for Evie and this for a long list of very good motives that have nothing to do with the old tired clichés of shounen romcom.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

...This mostly what the last few chapters were leading up, but why did she end up in a third timeline?

Yeah, it's a rushed ending that leaves a fuckton of questions unanswered.

Like: if Seto doesn't know about Nanasawa's timeslip accident, it means she never met adult Nanasawa when she was a teen. But then, how did teen Seto and teen Nanasawa get together?

Or: if this timeline had a Nanasawa who had been together with Seto for 10 years, where did she go? Or rather, where did her memories of 10 years of being together with Seto go? Because this Nanasawa doesn't remember anything of that; she woke up in the morning in what she thinks is a strange house and has zero memories of the life she's been leading for the past 10 years.

And: is it really that simple for Seto to accept that her lover, the woman with whom she had been living since their high school graduation, has basically lost all the memories they made together for the past 10 years?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Whoaaaaaa.
Turns out everyone was wrong, everyone. No cheating, no lying, no polyamory, no nothing. Just a couple who doesn't understand jealousy and a guy with a diehard NTR fetish who gets his kicks from knowing that other men fuck the woman he loves when he isn't looking. He's so extreme he even gets crazy turned on because his lover is gonna marry the other dude.
I still can't figure out how Kashiwai will wriggle her way into this bizarre triangular confluence of love/hate emotions. Especially since one of the people involved is her goddamn boss.

last edited at Mar 26, 2022 3:14AM

joined May 24, 2019

On a more serious note, it seems Evie does recognize that Elsa’s coming onto her. I guess she assumes that her feelings are temporary? That she’ll shift gears once an ML appears?

That's the gist of it, yes. Yvonne is certain a prince charming will come one day and sweep Elsa off her feet and take her away. It's predetermined in the script of the game, and how could characters rebel against the script?

Yeah I didn't have time to write up notes this week, but it's clear there's a Wizard of Oz connection between all the references, not just the story Elsa tells. Elsa's last name is "Dorothy," the kingdom's name is Aosi in Chinese, which while we have rendered as "Aus[land]", we mostly did so to avoid the more common rendition of it as "Oz." I don't really know where Chise was going with this, though, since at least plot-wise, I haven't seen any similarities at all.

Isn't it just a nudge-nudge-wink-wink reference to an iconic piece of gay symbology?

joined May 24, 2019

It is interesting how many people have come out of the woodwork to actually defend and outright try to excuse the main character. "Oh, the sister set up 90% of the blackmail herself", as if that is not an utterly insane position to have. Or concocting fanfiction scenarios where the sister is not bothered and is almost depicted as happy to be giving money to her "cute baby sister". (Amusingly, although there is at least one poster here who usually has issues with such fanfictional interpretations, they apparently do not have a problem if the particular fanfics are feeding into their own narrative.)

Figures that with a nick like UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins you'd be a troll. Makino never had any intention to snitch on anyone, much less blackmail. This is textual fact. This is canon. Her sister, who very plainly loves Makino, offered a bribe and Makino accepted because, as in the Chinese saying somebody quoted, it was pie from the sky. Denying this is just trolling. And the personal attacks don't make it any better. Who are you calling insane? Who feeds fanfics to their narrative? If you have personal grudges against Blastaar or whoever, keep them to yourself. Your trolling is almost as dumb as your nick.

Bois-Guilbert, is that you?

Nope, Bois-Guilbert was a cool bad guy. This is just a garden-variety troll.

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 11:35AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

My worries are on the actual people.

Wrong forum then. We're all about fictional people here.

Jeanne Mathison
Pink Ribbon discussion 29 Dec 21:25
joined May 24, 2019

These are pretty much my feelings as well... conjoined with the fact that the art style is the old 80s-shoujo-style that was my first exposition to Japanese manga, so many years ago, and it's so nostalgic!!! Ah, except that in those old shoujo series the tomboy heroine always ended up with the manly male lead, never with the super feminine girl who was her best friend (and who obviously loved her and obviously was better for her than any guy but always had to give up in the end).

Sakura. Tomoyo. The insufferable guys Sakura kept crushing on—instead of returning Tomoyo's love, as any girl with a lick of sense would've done.
I've still got bitter traumatic memories about this.

Lumiao has a lot of Tomoyo in her personality, especially the drive to dress the boyish girl she loves in cute pretty frilly costumes.

joined May 24, 2019

it'll be a very cold day in hell indeed before i let MTL on a series i'm working on be uploaded to dynasty

https://i.postimg.cc/8PKtDMWg/astx.jpg

lol agree
Who'd have thought it would work so well, huh? We gotta try it with other groups who haven't released in a while. ;)

Keep in mind they have an entire team that are really high quality and mine is just sticky-taped together, they don't really compare.

Oh you're still 2 chapters ahead, you know! :P And you also provided us with a complete set of raws up to chapter 33!! (they're fun to look at even if untranslated!)

btw for anyone who plays VRChat or wants the model, I've bashed together Tong-Tong and making Xiaolu next (Mori#3630)
https://imgur.com/a/4p86MRd

Love it! <3 She looks so great! Thanks for sharing with us! (yet again!)

joined May 24, 2019

The use of the word "Yamero!" in page 27 makes me all giddy. XD

I'm ever so grateful to riverFlower for translating this! Thank you! The comic is good, but the novel has its own unique delightful charm and I'm just loving it.

joined May 24, 2019

I mean becoz then I could all talk with everybody about Xiaolu and Tongtong in these new chapters LESBIAN CHATTING AND STEALING KISSES WHILE ASLEEP AND THEN KISSING FR WHEN AWAKE AND OMG EROTIC ASPHYXIATION AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS IS TOO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN
Right when WS stopped translating all these amazing developments happened?? Talk about luck... Thx god Mori Rose has picked up the job, I don't care if it's machine translated, Mori Rose is my new hero.

We will continue to wait for White Sun to continue the series here.

You can wait till the cows come home for all I care, but I'm reading Mori Rose's scanlation. Thanks, take care.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Is it weird I think all the interesting parts of the story were the ones skipped over?

No, it's not, I think that as well.

Is this by the same one who made "I Love You So Much, I Hate You"?

Yes, indeed.

joined May 24, 2019

Suddenly furry.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

am I reading this right? Am I just seeing things or is this manga foreshadowing Sakurako and Kasumi getting married eventually, like I'm gonna be honest here. I cannot see this chapter as anything other than that, it's sowing the seeds right now right???

It's the classic moment so common in romantic fare when somebody tells the dumb/clueless mc: "If you want to spend your whole life with your partner, it means you two should get MARRIED!!" and the mc is hit by enlightenment and realization. Next chapter: Sakurako no puroposu?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

French linen? I'm perfectly happy with Egyptian cotton meself.

joined May 24, 2019

Number three?

Everyone has a user id number, and the more recently you joined the higher the number. The easiest way to see it is to look at your personal messages page. I joined in 2019 and my number is 53257. You joined in 2020 and your number is 62304. More seniority means lower id numbers: moderator Nezchan is 4124, OrangePekoe is 9060.
Well, admin Casusby's user id number is 3. ^_^ Third person who joined the forum, way back in 2010! The only one with a lower number is admin omnscient0 who is number two; as number one, whoever it was, has been deleted.

Jeanne Mathison
Image Comments 15 Oct 17:10
joined May 24, 2019
Mumeiever

I didn't notice anyone with gargantuan badonkas, tho?
This drawing style makes all the chests look similar.

joined May 24, 2019

Number three has spoken. Respect.

It's not every day that Casusby in person takes action in the forum. Seriously, people should remember: don't harass the translators. Ever. It's a terribly bad idea.

Jeanne Mathison
Comic Girls discussion 10 Oct 01:56
joined May 24, 2019

I read "Manga Time Kirara Keiosu" as the magazine name?

I know of three magazines in the "Kirara" series which are "Manga Time Kirara" and "Manga Time Kirara Carat" and "Manga Time Kirara Max" (this last one is where Comic Girls is published). I don't know of a "Manga Time Kirara Keiosu" and I'm not even sure if I read the name right. It's a pun of some kind? Somebody who gets the joke pleease explain to us less ployglot-gifted fellas.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Clearly the main cast is too small, we need a few more characters.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Ah yes.. the Fujoshi shipping wars, definitely something they do and not something I do with Yuru Yuri, I'm not enraged when someone "mis-ships" my ships, nope NOT AL ALL! lmao.

Yui x Kyouko otp, right? Ayano can go kiss a duck!

And Sakurako better fall off a cliff, so Himawari can find someone better!

NO WAY
Kyoko x Ayano is the real OTP ,Yui needs to back off

Yui x Ayano shall prevail, Kyoko can go whistle

Akari harem

But Chinatsu doesn't want to share...

joined May 24, 2019

And they get married in the end.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Suddenly I want to try to put out a cigarette with my tongue

stop, don't!!

We need more stories like this one, to make people realize that Liz from Liberty and Kaoru from VE are not so bad after all.

lol

finally an english translation for this masterpiece :D

too much goodness for us unworthy ones!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Lately there's a new trend in yuri manga: people searching the net to find what is cheating. Whether it's a girl who wants to know if her lover cheats on her (and wonders what are the hints) or a girl who wants to know if she herself is guilty of cheating (that one got a funny reply: "if you need to ask the question, then it's 99% certain you cheated" lol) they immediately google it.
I guess it's just a handy trick to fill some pages, but I find it quite amusing.

last edited at Aug 29, 2021 6:31PM

Jeanne Mathison
Liberty discussion 15 Aug 19:54
joined May 24, 2019

She's going to tell Liz that it was fun going whoopee with her, but in the end her man and her career are more important so... goodbye, and have a nice life. And Liz will have to deal with the consequences of her bad choices. Ideally she'd go back to Maki crawling on her belly and begging for another chance (to which Maki would have to ponder whether to say yes or no) but... I think it's most likely that she'll return to Maki in a fit of anger and tears, bitching and whining and demanding to be comforted, and Maki will hug her, pat her on the head and say: "There, there, poor Liz, poor baby, you've suffered a lot."

^This. You heard it here first, people: the exciting next development in the story of Liz and Maki.