Forum › Posts by SuperText

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Except that's not Homura.

People are defined by their experiences and their environment; Homura and Kyouko would be very different without their personal tragedies, but that doesn't make one version less real than the other.

A separate rant, I forget where I've seen people say that MR is less "good" than PMMM because the stakes aren't as high in terms of max achievable despair

Tragedy must be dosed carefully, or it becomes hard to take seriously. I remember a lot of people complaining about Nagisa's story being too dark, what with the awful family and the serial killer.
Even so, a game like MagiReco can't really afford to off too many characters (in theory).

SuperText
Image Comments 26 May 02:36
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
Eyjtf85wkayxdqx-orig

At this point it's just OCD for Madoka.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I guess blocking out the pain is an ability that must be learned? Or was it something only Sayaka could do?

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Ah yes, the darkness of Gensokyo only hinted at in the source material.
It's actually surprising Flandre didn't have a fit of her own.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I just linked it over in the Yuri Manga Recommendations thread.

That's the site I use. I'm pretty sure kissmanga would have it too, cos those are probably scans of official release.

Much appreciated. Those spinoffs are oddly elusive.

last edited at May 22, 2020 7:17PM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

95 difficulty is ridiculous. I did a double take when I saw that.

They are all pretty doable with a bulky Magia team. Except the last one, that took me a few tries (and a Rank S3 support).

I did, in fact, manage to find an English translation of TartMagi

Where did you find it? Asking for a friend.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Here are some guidelines for PvP: https://magireco.fandom.com/wiki/Magical_Girl_Tier_List

Although at the end of the day you should be fine as long as you have a few four-slotted 5* and a good formation. Which is why Destiny Bottles are so important.

last edited at May 22, 2020 4:31AM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Oh also, I was recently clearing my friend list (I'm doing it like every month or so) and noticed Kite with description "Elsewhere known as SuperText". I assume it's you?

Yep, that's me. I had a feeling that description might turn out to be useful.

And I still got to A. No stars though.

I think the stars will be assigned at the very end of the event? Not entirely sure though.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Speaking of doujins, this one seems interesting and could possibly deserve a translation.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I don't. I don't think there is any good place to farm them in the first place.

There's no reliable way to farm millions on end, granted, but for reasonable amounts the Labyrinth quests are better than nothing, particularly during events that halve AP costs.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Unrelated game question, how do you guys farm CC?

Labyrinth quests, the 25 AP ones.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

And based on what I understood of the character, the exact opposite of what Kuro is meant to be. Her witch form specifically makes it clear she's supposed to play a minor role. I haven't watched the anime so actually I can't make any grounded assessments, but it'd be sort of annoying if something else established in the game gets overturned.

To be fair, that assessment came from Kyuubey (if I'm not mistaken), and the series is all about defying his (its?) expectations.

last edited at May 18, 2020 2:42AM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Just everyone wait till Kuro gets her 5* unlock then she'll start stomping everyone else alongside Ultimate Momoko.

Actually, I suspect Kuro awakening might result in Kuroe. I mean, the similarities are quite a few.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I'd also like to point out that there are severe disadvantages to keeping Ashley NA only, mainly she will never get to appear in any events or have any appereances in the main story, will have no interaction with other characters besides those few she already got, will receive no new costumes from seasonal events(due to not appearing in them), on the fandom side of things, also get next to no fanart, as well as never getting to appear in any doujins, and so on, basically all things that severely screw up anyone who likes Ashley for more than just a Mirrors statstick.

This. And honestly, what would be the point of keeping her exclusive? I don't think a lot of people, if anyone, suddenly decided to play on the NA version because of Ashley.

SuperText
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Great art and fascinating subject.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I started at the end of February and I can't complain.
Well, except for the lack of slots on limited girls. I guess it's the price for not being a cetacean.

SuperText
Image Comments 12 May 02:27
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
Exvigvbx0ae4j1d-orig

Unexpected, but appreciated. Not by Yachiyo, mind you.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

So heteronormativity for the win.

C'mon now. What is Rika, chopped liver?

last edited at May 11, 2020 5:31PM

SuperText
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

i sort of expected a "let's make purple" line at some point but this is good

Confused Felicia noises

SuperText
Image Comments 09 May 18:40
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
80571189_p6

Sakura x Hinata? Nico x Maki (before it was cool)? If we're talking PMMM specifically, there are quite a few Madoka x Kyouko around. Mitama x Iroha is pretty much based on that one joke at the beginning of MagiReco.
But really, every series has at least a ship that exists just because it's cute, or ironic, or simply fun.

SuperText
Image Comments 09 May 07:32
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
80571189_p6

I've seen characters shipped together for much less.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Pity the translation for this one was never finished, it would have helped to put that ending in context. Hard to do that with the raws.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

[...] and that Madokami's personal story is deliberate misdirection, oh yes, this is absolutely the result of Homura's time loops, but not the Homura we are thinking of...

That Madokami could be the one that got split from her human side, without memory of the "Rebellion" and unknowingly operating under Akuma Homura's supervision... And perhaps she can't interfere with the MagiReco timeline because Homura is preventing her...

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

On an unrelated note, if yuri subtext is only hinted at what does that make yuri SuperText?

Well, that happens when a girl openly says she rewrote reality out of love (for another girl).
And then proceeds to curbstomp a little alien conniver into the ground.