Forum › Posts by anim8tur

joined Mar 8, 2019

There certainly doesn't seem to be a lot of trust in the relationship. If it were a real life relationship, I certainly wouldn't expect it to last if they can't even be a little bit honest with each other.

Probably why the cheating thing will play out later on.

This is true, but Yuni ought not to tell her she's okay with it when she's not okay with it. Imagine thinking that someone is supporting you and your dream behind the scenes, only to find out later they've been trash talking you instead.

As previously stated, Yuni's afraid and rightfully so. Her status with Nanase is hanging by a thread where Nanase seems like she has ultimate control.

I don't see what she's doing as trash talking. She's venting out her feelings. There's a difference between saying "My girlfriend doesn't care about me." and "My girlfriend is a piece of sh!t who always runs off with her friends". Plus, Nanase asked if she was mad and I think Yuni was more sad than any thing.

Yuni probably shouldn't be putting such specifics about what's going on but I think she's reaching out in the internet because she wants to hear that she isn't insane for feeling the way she does.

As I said, she needs assurance and validity that Nanase seems to be unable to provide. But I understand why she's staying and enduring. She loves her and hopes one day, Nanase will choose her.

Also, being that numb to your lover's feelings also speaks out to the type of person Nanase is. One could ask why she's bothering with a relationship if she finds it so easy to set Yuni aside. I mean, she doesn't even know how long it's going to take yet she's willing to let Yuni wait...

Yuni = doormat and it's not just by Yuni's own design.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 4:36PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Honestly, I feel like Nanase deserves better. Knowing how these things go, I'm sure we'll get a chapter where we see that she's awful in some way too, or whatever. But right now, even without any cheating, her girlfriend lies to her face and constantly belittles her behind her back when she trusts said lies.

People in relationships are allowed to have interests outside of said relationship. They ought to be able to have friends, or hold a job, without having to worry about a jealous lover who can't accept them spending any time for anything else.

I don't think Yuni cares that Nanase's in the club. It's Nanase easily putting her aside that's rubbing her wrong. I mean, they already made plans, she could have just told her senpai that. It wouldn't have raised suspicion. That kind of thing can make a girl feel like she's second choice. Yuni just wants to be first every once in a while.

Yuni probably wants assurance before she can begin to voice her concerns. Their relationship is a secret and according to Yuni, Nanase hasn't said she loves her, yet they may already be having sex. I think it's understandable she wants something to hold onto to feel important to Nanase. She can feel the distance Nanase has put between them. With her other friends, she holds their hands, but because of some reason (probably because Nanase's afraid to be outed) Nanase treats Yuni differently (as in she withholds physical affection) unlike with her other friends.

I'm getting the sense that Yuni's been letting Nanase dictate their relationship, probably out of fear of Nanase leaving her if Yuni even speaks about how hard it is for her.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 3:12PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

So... is Nanase the girl Fuuka "had" before? Could explain how poly route will be set up if it's going there but that caterpillar fungus thing makes me think one (if not all) of them will end up alone. Or maybe Nanase will just feel bad about neglecting Yuni so she'll agree share to make it up to her. Perhaps she'll like the situation because she can focus on other things, just bang whenever she wants, and not feel guilty about lack of participation with all the mushy stuff because there's another girl to pick up the slack... Of course there's also the "you don't know what you have til it's gone" trope of Nanase stepping up her game because she's afraid Yuni will leave her.

Yuni can only blog her frustrations for so long before it all threatens to spill over. I'm curious about Nanase but mostly Fuuka though. Fuuka comes across as this weird loner girl but there's almost always a reason for that so I'm preparing for a messed up backstory about her previous love life. Nanase might have a reason as to why she's distant, aside from her not wanting anyone to know, so I'd like to think she's just paranoid about people finding out as opposed to wanting to keep Yuni around because she's an excellent doormat. I also wonder how long Yuni and Nanase have been dating? Did Yuni or her to create that account where she vents about her gayness...

joined Mar 8, 2019

If there's a sequel to this, I can tell that the relationship they have will go from good to bad, just by the way they are.

Aya eating a photograph of Sei's past lover, and Sei wanting to depend on Aya, having a hard time being away from her is all I needed to know for this prediction.

Think it's safe to say we can't predict what's going to happen since we aren't the author. Fun to try though. But based on the fact that this is a healing fic, I think the dependency is just what Sei needs right now to move on. It's what Aya needs too so she can feel assurance when Sei inevitably says "I love you."

That's why the epilogue exists to eliminate that kind of prediction.

I love the timeskip. And all of its fluffy scenes

I can't wait to read!!!!!

last edited at Jul 21, 2021 4:43PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Also do not forget, that is the one and only one photo of Yoru that Sei has. Sei has a habit of pulling out the photo and talk to the photo as if it were a real Yoru. Aya accidentally found the photo when she was looking for medication when Sei was having a fever. Sei told Aya that all photos and files in the computer drive of Yoru have been all destroyed. That particular photo was accidentally left behind.

According to Sei, she hadn’t looked at the photo in a while. Aya hadn’t known that though. She probably thought Sei was looking at it all the time which just increased her anxiety about her status with Sei.

With the destruction of the photo, and text from Yoru telling Aya to make Sei happy, the ties are now completely cut.

Yes but I think, aside from dramatic effect, it was the actualization of Aya’s poison metaphor. She said she wanted to be the stronger poison in order to be rid of the previous (Yoru) one.

joined Mar 8, 2019

yoru literally was a decent person and she was treated like a "bad guy" or something lol

I don’t know if I’d call Yoru decent for sleeping with Sei, knowing how Sei feels about her, even though she didn’t love her. That type of thing can be considered a manipulation, a way to keep someone on your hook so to speak.

She came back and made that roundabout comment about Sei being well off (having a stable job and a decent apartment) which makes me think she was possibly looking for Sei to be her next caretaker since we discover that she was a housewife which probably means she has no job and planned to divorce her husband who was her provider.

And yes, Yoru said she was going to keep her distance from Sei. But Aya pointed out, Sei would go and find her yet Yoru still told her she wanted to divorce her husband because he was cheating on her before she left. Seems like a move to incur sympathy and keep her hold on Sei. I might be reaching but it almost seems like Yoru knows she should let go but doesn’t really want to.

also Aya is still a teenager and Sei an adult who took advantage of her,let's not forget that

Haven’t forgotten but still ship them. I think Sei is is just beautifully written, how she orchestrates her own downfall, the pain she feels. And Aya is equally magnificent. She had such low self esteem and believed she had to settle for the first person to show her a scrap of affection but then she came out of her shell and now has Alpha energy.

tbh the best would be if they break up but that probably won't happen so i hope that they become at least healthier

I thought they would break up, time skip, and then end up together again.

last edited at Jul 20, 2021 12:24PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

I might be the only person here who disagree with you guys concerning Haruki.
I have never read a yuri manga with a character as pathetic as Haruki, although I admit I have not read enough yet. I honestly do not care what will happen to her. To have an alliance with Mochida is pathetic or even juvenile. No matter what happened, even if Sei never existed, Haruki would never managed to get together with Aya. Aya is like six years more mature than her age, that is, like a College senior. She is the real adult of the entire manga. She is also twisted. I think the episode where Aya has Haruki masterbating says it all. Haruki has no chance, none. Aya can play her like a toy. Should have walked away long time ago before even hatching up plans with Mochida. More to the point, should have confessed much earlier. If Aya were straight, no big deal anyway, because Aya has a good heart.

Haruki is immature and completely selfish. That whole thing about her telling Aya’s mother on Aya just because Aya wouldn’t tell her where she went just speaks about the type of person she is. If Aya did get with her, it might have been a more volatile relationship than with Sei. She’d probably manipulate Aya to make sure Aya stays the same, never letting her mature, maybe even demanding she go to the same college and all that jazz because of how possessive she is. I mean they aren’t even together and she’s trying to dictate what Aya does and feels she can decide what’s best for Aya. I want to believe it’s just because she’s a teen and that maybe she can mature into someone who loves without expectations or conditions.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I keep talking but I just have to gush. I totally understand how Sei could fall for Aya though. One of the reasons Sei fell for Yoru was because Yoru was ‘kind’ to Sei. Yoru didn’t reject or mock her when Sei confessed her feelings, even slept with her, and for a young Sei, a teenage lesbian growing up in a society where her sexuality pretty much means she’ll be treated worse than a whore afflicted with leprosy, that was everything.

Then Aya comes along. Aya pretty much does the same thing Yoru does. But there’s also the extra bits, experiences she didn’t get to share with Yoru, those domestic moments they couldn’t share as kids because they lived with adults.

They spend more time together in Sei’s apartment. It’s not shocking that Sei begins to see Aya for who is. An independent homebody who shares the same interests seeing as they’re both smart….

And I think for Aya, she was so empty before that Sei filled her with so many feelings. First was affection, then curiosity, which blossomed into desire. Of course there was also pain. But that pain showed Aya how strong she really is.

Aya learned her own worth I think. She didn’t back down when Yoru came back. She became assertive and learned how defend Sei and in turn herself….

Of course this series is not perfect and the characters certainly aren’t. There were a couple chapters that might have dragged a bit after the three month hiatus, but over all a super enjoyable read with yes, slightly exaggerated characters, but somehow still believable for me.

I reiterate that I need this series in my collection so I’m probably gonna start tweeting and emailing whoever publishes Yuri Manga.

anim8tur
Citrus + discussion 19 Jul 21:24
joined Mar 8, 2019

Is Harumin finally gonna make her move?

More like Harumi's gonna throw her a party with their friends to get Yuzu's mind off of the fact that her fiance isn't around for her birthday. Even if she does want time alone, you swear like Matsuri's not going to show up unannounced and taco block/point out what a bad fiance Mei is for missing Yuzu's birthday until she hears about the "present" Mei wants to give of course, then she'll just endlessly tease Yuzu about finally getting laid.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I absolutely loved this. Ending is rushed but the decent enough. I do wonder what happened to Mochida. She's heartbroken but I think it's mostly for herself? She clearly didn't know Math Teacher well enough to be really in love with him. Hope she and Haruki realizes what it means to truly love someone. I don't think Haruki will tread down the same path. Unlike Yoru, Aya made it clear she did not reciprocate and did not give her any hope or string her along like Yoru did with Sei by sleeping with her... Also unlike Sei, Haruki has someone to confide in with her heartbreak.

Sometimes a shoulder to lean on can really help heal. I mean, just look at Sei. She repressed everything for so long but after opening up (albeit in a non-conventional way since you don't typically call your rebound your ex's name while you sex it up and they don't normally let you) she was able to find someone who loved her, flaws and all.

I love that our mains have become more confident. Sei is more comfortable in her skin because she knows what true acceptance is now. She also knows what devotion is thanks to Aya. And as for Aya, she's no longer afraid to speak out her mind and go after what she wants. It started from want but now it's clear that their relationship is stemming from need... Can't wait to read the epilogue.

Hopefully Yen Press will pick this up for English translation. They seem to be fine dealing with not so fluffy Yuri stories since they licensed Happy Sugar Life and Murcielago. Or maybe Seven Seas since they seem to like picking things up that are finished... I really want this in my collection.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Thanks for answering the question. The idea of Aya eating the photo to replace Yoru in Sei's heart makes sense.

No problem. Hope you do finish reading though. Thought it ended too quickly but it seems to wrapped up quite nicely.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I didn't read all the series, but could someone please explain why Aya hates Yoru enough to wish that Yoru never show her face in front of Sei again, and then eat Yoru's photo?

I recommend reading the series so you can form your own interpretation but if you really wanna know my take; it's not that Aya hates Yoru per se.. More like she hates how strongly Sei feels for Yoru. She ate Yoru's picture so she could take Yoru's place in Sei's heart. She wishes for Yoru to never return because Aya fears Sei will be consumed by Yoru again, ultimately undoing all of Aya's hard work.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 3:26PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Yeah, and with phrasing in conversation I often over think things and get overly wordy, on the other hand sometimes I don't say enough. So I know phrasing can be tricky, and getting the right intent across. Especially when everyone has their own interpretations and the like as well.

I remember reading a chapter on Citrus+ here where I thought Harumi may be in love with Yuzu but then I read the Seven Seas version and the wording there changed the tone for me so I totally understand the importance of phrasing and word choices.

I like figuring out why people can interpret things the way they do so I read comments. Plus, it feels nice when someone else corroborates my thoughts.

Honestly I don't think we even completely disagree here. We just have slightly different perspectives and that's fine. Along the lines of what you said, I also think the author is romanticizing the idea of embracing a flaw like selfishness. Embracing and/or Romanticizing a flaw like selfishness is weird to me, mainly because I think any kind of relationship should be about two people willing to work together, mutual give and take in theory. Which again, that's my opinion. I'm not saying the author is wrong for writing something that disagrees with what I think, and I'm not saying people can't enjoy the way the author writes this.

I like reading about all kinds of romantic stories. Sometimes I go for fluff and want uncomplicated. But there are times when my "creative" side just loves reading about complex characters and their inability to form "normal" relationships and Aya and Sei feed that beast in me pretty well.

Edit: I should state again just to be clear for anyone reading, I don't have to agree with everything in a story or how the author writes it, I can still find a work like this interesting and even enjoyable in some aspects. I like reading stories that are different than what I think and who I am. Having all my media revolve around who I am would get boring quickly for me, so going out of my comfort zone is something I try to do often.

Amen to that.

last edited at May 27, 2021 8:31PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Discussing opinions is good, however I think it's pretty common for people to think you can only have one opinion on a subject, and people often think you can't have a nuanced opinion. There's a very black and white, you love it or you hate it narrative a lot of the time. Which isn't helped by the fact that we have various review systems for places like Netflix and Steam now, where you can only give a "yes" or "no" opinion in terms of your score, and it REALLY lacks nuance. Plus text obviously lacks tone, and well a person's tone of voice might also be misleading.

Edit: And I should note, I of course also fall into this trap sometimes. We're all human, conversation can be hard and sometimes it's easy to forget that there's more nuance to a person's view on something .

Hearing tone is definitely important. I sometimes like to read with voices in my head to get things flowing. But that's why we have to rely on phrasing which can leave things up to interpretation. And no, I am not trying to diss translators. I understand the difficulties of translating and the impossibility of expressing sentences/dialogue verbatim.

As for this story, I think the author blatantly romanticizes selfishness, in this chapter especially. I believe it's brought up 3 times? Even only using the end as an example, "I love you Sei, your selfishness, your everything". It's okay if people enjoy that, and perfectly fine for the author to write it. I was only saying that I personally think the romanticization of selfishness is weird, and it's not something I like. I'm still entertained by the story, and I don't regret reading it. I'm even curious what the author's next work will be like.

I guess I see it as not so much romanticizing selfishness as it is romanticizing the embracing of your love's flaws. Yes, Sei's flaw is selfishness but from a broader perspective my mind is reading it as Aya loves Sei even though she knows how imperfect she is. Which is more what the message of the story to me is? It's even encapsulated in that last line of Chapter 19. "Your everything." - meaning the good and the bad that makes up Sei.

We see how Mochida and Haruki romanticize their love. Mochida loves her nurturing teacher yet what does she know really know about him? I feel like that moment when he says he doesn't care about what Sei has done defeats her not only because she exerted all that effort for no reward but also she becomes disillusioned. Like maybe Mr. Perfect isn't all that perfect.

And then we see Haruki, how she constantly is trying to keep Aya from growing and the minute Aya doesn't fit that image of Aya that Haruki loves, she rejects that Aya and tries to prevent her from evolving.

Yet Sei and Aya both loved people despite their flaws. That was just my take though.

last edited at May 27, 2021 3:27PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

It's like you can only have one opinion of the story to read it, otherwise you are a judgemental westerner. I don't know why people are so defensive over someone else's opinion for fictional characters. Fictional characters.

Can’t speak for the rest but I share my interpretations based on what I read. When people have a difference of opinion I respond because I wonder why they read it that way; if it’s because they missed a detail in the story or they’re just reading it differently based on biases (which is not wrong- I actually think that means the writing is good if it gets the audience to tap into their personal preferences because that means it evokes some type of emotional response with them.)

Mostly I like talking about this messed up manga.

last edited at May 27, 2021 11:00AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

That's the compelling point of the series for me--and it is compelling.

Also, the art is pretty compelling for me.

I've been rather bemused by the desperate search by some readers here for a "good" character to somehow make things OK.

Everyone is always quick to judge by their morals and standards and believe only their way is the right way.

This may well be like Asagi Ryuu's Age 15, where, after a whole lot of obviously bad and a great deal of at best questionable behavior, the MCs end up in a surprisingly better, although not necessarily objectively good, place.

What works for some may not work for all. Certainly isn’t preferred by many.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Even though that is true, Sei has displayed this type of behavior for her own selfish reasons too, not just as a defense mechanism.
When Yoru rejected her, Sei tried to mess her up. She had that character/tendency even back then and it seems like it was a matter of time until that started blossoming.

The elements are planted. These are like little previews that show what the characters are capable of.

Sei outed her deal with Yoru to her then bf and Yoru ended up ultimately casting her aside. Just like with Aya. We saw her outburst with Haruki's friends about how she viewed herself.

As for Mochida, yes she did want to mess Sei because of the teacher, but her reaction of being irked by the teacher not caring about what Sei was doing made me think she also had some moral issue with the situation.

I don't know about Mochida's morals. I feel like her reaction was due to the fact that her efforts were fruitless. She spent all time spying and she did not get the results she desired.

last edited at May 26, 2021 9:07PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

No, I meant the Mochida situation.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/its_a_detached_relationship_ch13#26
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/its_a_detached_relationship_ch17#20

Yes, she did mess with Mochida's mind and invaded her space but she never actually kissed her though. It's kind of Sei exacting her brand of justice? Mochida was invading her privacy by digging around her business so she invades her psyche a little.

Plus saying that she got excited even more from Aya being a highschooler on that dating app just says something about her.

Perhaps I did not word it correctly. I am not saying Sei was more sexually excited. I was merely suggesting that she was searching for a sexual outlet and when it turned out to be a high school girl, she finally had enough of playing at being good. In layman's terms, she had been DM'ing a college girl for x amount of time. Sei put in all that effort and then the universe decided to F with her again and said "HA! Gotcha again! She's in high school!" so she just went "F it!" right back.

Sei's account of what happened after Yoru is that she tried to forget Yoru, to be straight, to be a good teacher. But those attempts always lead to her feeling unhappy. Just look at what happened with Sakai, she saw a lonely student and tried to help her out. In return, she was outed and disrespected by other students.

My interpretation is she decided to be the villain everyone thought her to be simply because doing "what's right" only led to her misery. I always read her as a character creating chaos as a way of welcoming her own despair and ultimate destruction but that's just me.

It's weird how people forget so fast when a happy chapter shows up. Obviously this is a story and everyone can like whatever character, but let's not pretend Sei is a good person. Yes Mochida wasn't 100% an angel here either, but I think her actions were justified, seeing how a teacher was going out with school girls. On the other hand, Sei just messes with people for her own enjoynment. And also two wrongs don't make a good, like Mochida being wrong in some way doesn't change Sei's situation.

I never said Sei was a good person. No one is here. Everyone is selfish. Mochida is not outing Sei so she can help a student out. She's not looking out for Aya. She wants Math Teacher to be disgusted with Sei. She's not on some crusade for justice for the students Sei "had sullied". And as it has been confirmed, Aya was the only underage student that Sei actually had sex with. Sei does not seem to actually want Mochida.

The fact that everyone is imperfect, to an exaggerated degree sure, is a compelling point of the manga for me.

last edited at May 26, 2021 8:56PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

I don't disagree, Aya is indeed a healthier option than Yoru. I'm just really not convinced it can work out without them dragging each other more and more into the abyss in the future. My opinion on people like this is that unless they try hard to better themselves, no one will be able to do that for them.

I think there might be hints of possible reciprocation on Sei's part. She finds comfort in Aya and while that doesn't necessarily mean love, it could certainly blossom from that.

Sei seems very content with her self, and on top of that Aya has actually gotten worse since she met her. So I have deducted that their relationship will burn them down in the end.

I don't know if I'd say Aya's worse? She definitely has changed. I think if anything, Aya has just figured out she has a voice and that it's okay to fight for what she wants. She's selfish, yes, but she has no misgivings about Sei. Unlike Mochida and Haruki, she's seeing Sei for who she really is and is accepting her for it. She's come so far from the timid girl who would have probably settled for the first boy who showed her interest because she felt "a gloomy girl like her had no options".

On the other hand I understand that not everyone has to be "fixed". They can just find a way to be functional in society (maybe for as long as possible), and that's the point of this story.

Aya and Sei have found something that works for them and maybe in the long run, it will burn but the way things are going right now leads me to believe they might actually have a shot?

But I do get some people's frustration here, because Sei imo is just shitty and some might feel like she doesn't deserve a happy ending (remember she harassed her student and traumatized her)

I think the Sakai issue was cleared up last chapter? As in it showed that nothing really happened between Sakai and Sei. Sakai offered but Sei rejected her.

I had a feeling it would go this route. Sei wasn't trying to prey on high school girls when she went on that dating site. Aya introduced herself as a college student- I know headcanon- but maybe Sei just decided the universe messed with her enough so she was finally going to mess back when she found out Aya was actually a High School student.

Personally I just find this story interesting because it explores characters that you don't usually get to see. But since they don't have any likable trait, I also don't really care enough to get angry about the outcome.

It is interesting for sure but I find all the characters compelling. I'd like to see what happens to Mochida and Haruki though...

last edited at May 26, 2021 6:30PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

I do wonder what’s going to happen with Mochida now that she’s had her sexual awakening.... is she going to confront Sei for this too? It seems like a lot is going happen in two chapters.

There’s the whole Sei x Aya talk along with Haruki’s stuff, which makes me think Aya will also be talking to Haruki at some point as well....

Maybe there’ll be a time skip epilogue to close out properly?

Still... sad it’s going to end. Feels like it’s too soon. I quite enjoyed the ride.... hope this gets picked up in English so I can own a copy.

last edited at May 3, 2021 2:09AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

The story lost it's steam but not for lack of plot? Almost feels like someone out there just wants it done which is a shame because it had so much potential to be great, yet it’s fizzling out now.

I’m glad the Sakai thing got cleared up. I knew it would be something like this. Since Sei is clearly being portrayed as a tortured character who hated her self, it was clear that she wouldn’t have been a serial predator but someone who was just pushed to the brink.

She and Aya had been talking for some time before she discovered Aya was a high school girl. She was just as lonely as Aya so perhaps she too had developed some kind of attachment and when she found out that Aya was a highschool girl, perhaps she just snapped. Things never went her way no matter how she tried so finally, Sei just said f*ck it.

I hope next chapter we’ll see why Sei pursued Aya- because if the Sakai rumors started like a year or something before they met then maybe something else happened that really caused Sei to create her Kuro persona.

It’s funny how Mochi is blaming her for ruining their lives when she and Haruki are the ones who inserted themselves in Sei and Aya’s business. Aya and Sei had their thing going on that really had nothing to do with any one else. Except maybe Aya’s parents but they’ve done a good job neglecting her most of her life.

Anyway, If there are two chapters left, it’ll probably be a good bye with Sei and Aya, healing for Mochida and Haruki somehow. Last chapter would probably be a time skip- showing how emotionally healthy the others are with an ambiguous ending of Aya and Sei meeting again.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I hope Yukako figures her self and life out if she gets back together with Chinami. I mean, divorce her husband, get a job and support herself both financially and emotionally so she can mentally be sound enough for a relationship no matter who she's with. I also hope Chinami overcomes her trauma and realizes she doesn't have to change who she is.

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 3:46PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

When Mihoko says “adult” does she mean in terms of age or when Yuka graduates college/ becomes a contributing member of society with a stable income?

Because I feel more like it might be the latter? Like she wants Yuka to experience life and if she’s still in love, then that means her feelings are real. It’s a valid concern for Mohiko to have seeing as she seemed to have mistaken her own feelings for her ex husband. At the very least, Mohiko “outgrew” her love for her husband so perhaps she wants to make sure Yuka won’t be led down a similar path.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Emotions are one of those things that cannot be properly quantified. It all depends on the person. A traumatic event that happens to one person can linger for so long that even with proper coping mechanisms they still are unable to handle while another that goes through the same thing can walk away relatively unscathed.

I love how human and flawed the mains are. Shizuku was a misguided child who turned into an even more misguided and traumatized adolescent. Asaka is probably biting off more than she can chew - trying to stop someone from committing suicide while dealing with a hopefully not terminal illness.

Is Ruri Asaka? Or does Asaka know where Ruri is because they’re going to the same place to get treatment?

The double suicide though. Will they Romeo and Juliet this? Or is only Asaka that’s going to die and choosing to live to honor Asaka’s memory complete Shizuku’s arc?

last edited at Mar 26, 2021 4:37AM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Yeah, the whole thing with the hat is pretty obvious when you're familiar with the manga or novels. Same with how Sorawo suddenly got her rifle in the beach episode. But then they couldn't have turned the rescue chapter into the finale. I don't know if that was the right choice, but it's better than a rushed File 11 ending. I can see why they went with that. It's just a shame that the whole thing with Satsuki will remain hanging for anime-only viewers.

They could have changed details a bit. In the beach episode they just ended up there without needing any thing - could have applied they same concept. Or even just found a way to make the battle scene in the beach more climactic.

Showing that Satsuki bit at the end would have been a good season finale bait - like they’re all chill and back in real world but Sorawo’s wondering more about Satsuki or something...

What I'm curious about is, with only the climax from the chapter left, what do they intend to do with the rest of the episode? Draw out the battle? Show how the girls get back home? Ramp up the yuri (yes please)? Make up some shit about Satsuki (god, no)?

The first half will probably be about the battle... maybe the second will set up a second season that I’m really hoping for.

In other news, volume 6 of the novel just came out in Japan. Can't wait for the next volume in English. Who knows when that'll be though.

Oo. I need to start reading the novels. I’m just waiting for the anime to end.