Forum › Posts by Kinnikufan

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Is she gonna turn out to be the Avatar or something? I wouldn't be against that development, but it is a little strange that they wouldn't show her aptitude results.

joined Feb 24, 2019

I thought I hated the adult that looks like a child trope, but this one might be worse. Please let there be a follow-up that reveals this to be a big misunderstanding.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Not a fan of this one. Was the "romance" tag a mistake or did I miss something?

Kinnikufan
School Zone discussion 02 Aug 22:09
joined Feb 24, 2019

This series is so dumb and I love it!

joined Feb 24, 2019

She returns! Great stuff, as always.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Hm...interesting premise but...is it yuri?

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

When you're too clever for your own good. Really cute chapter. I'm on board for more of these two.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Not as good as the first chapter but still good enough to keep me interested. I can't wait to see what types of more powerful vampires start to show up.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Hey, didn't realize this continued to get uploaded here. Great stuff as always. This series could go on for a thousand years and I won't complain.

Also, some of these chapters, like 9.5, should probably be tagged "ecchi" if we're being honest with ourselves.

last edited at Jul 28, 2020 3:11PM

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Yay, this odd little (and big) couple is back! They're so cute! I'm glad this series isn't going too far into gross territory.

joined Feb 24, 2019

^ I used a very similar comment while talking to my wife recently. I'm sure it wasn't as cool as in this story, but it felt like the right thing to say at the time.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Awesome! Definitely reading this tonight! I was just looking for more Beauty and the Beast Girl too, so this should hold me over for now.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Really hoping the next chapter opens with sensei being completely unable to do what she was planning to do. She always knew it was wrong to take advantage of her student, but thought she needed to for the sake of both of them but now she simply can't. The twins are emotional wrecks right now and Yuki is heading in that direction too, so next chapter should reveal where sensei is at and hopefully this doesn't get too much darker.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Sigh. Oh well. Let's see whether there's some actual plot at some point.

Isn't the plot Dolores and Maria have to team up in order to achieve their own goals of exterminating all vampires and finding her sister, respectively?

last edited at Jul 26, 2020 11:47AM

joined Feb 24, 2019

Oh shit, this is hilarious! I can't believe how pure this roommate is. And the older sister couldn't be more casual about the whole situation.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Well now that certainly was awesome. Looking forward to more.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

People make mistakes and their partner may suffer, but that doesn't mean the relationship can't be mended.

you have to actually make amends and change, though, which she doesn't

It's also been less than a week. We don't know if she has changed or made amends because this is a short epilogue. We don't even get an answer to what she'll do if the wings grow back. It's all open to the reader's interpretation and I'm optimistic about it all.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

From
"impossibly light"
to
"kind of heavy"

That's the most depressing transition in the story for me, because it implies she'll never grow her wings back.

I noticed that and kinda thought the same thing. That's sad, but honestly it seems like they'll be happy regardless. I love the way this story paints relationships. People make mistakes and their partner may suffer, but that doesn't mean the relationship can't be mended. And sometimes staying with someone means making sacrifices. This story has a lot to say considering how little is actually said.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

All's well that ends well! I liked this a lot, so into the favorites it goes!

joined Feb 24, 2019

Oh hey, something Gundam that I haven't read. Neat. I wonder if we'll be seeing these characters throughout the story or if this was just a way to introduce the actual story to come.

joined Feb 24, 2019

I'm always up for more Gyaru yuri. As for this story, I like it. I hope there's more though because this has a lot of potential.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Yay, more from this anthology! And more from this artist! What a cute little story. I hope this means that the rest of the anthology isnstill being worked on.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

... this manga is definitely a metaphor for an abusive and/or toxic relashionship isn't it? gotta say i didn't expect that

I'd say it has more to say about loneliness and codependence than abuse, since this isn't really focusing on the suffering of the one being physically hurt. The focus is on the emotional pain of the one who is afraid of losing their companion.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Man, I knew where that was going as soon as I saw the tag. Oh well, it can still be salvaged in the epilogue. The impression I got from part 2 was that this was consensual, but it is definitely hard to say for sure. I'm still hopeful for a happy ending.

Kinnikufan
joined Feb 24, 2019

Just saw that the artist has also posted some vampire and maid stuff similar to this on Twitter. I hope someone decides to translate those one day because this stuff is fluffy gold.