Forum › Posts by JJzo

JJzo
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 29 Apr 14:45
joined Dec 18, 2018

So, I guess chapter 5 wasn't an oddity, the fluffyness died at chapter 3 o.o

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 2:46PM

JJzo
joined Dec 18, 2018

I don't know why, but I got some ominous vibes from this chapter.

joined Dec 18, 2018

I really wonder what is going on in Nozomi's head at this point.

JJzo
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 26 Apr 22:22
joined Dec 18, 2018

People saying they didn't expect that Namori can go dark clearly skipped this

I think the difference is that this story was in a series known for happy endings, so people expected one from this story as well.

JJzo
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 25 Apr 22:15
joined Dec 18, 2018

...Yeah, ok, no, that is not cool, author.

Yeah, that was a weird and confusing ending. I guess the implication is that they aren't dating and all the convos are just Rika messaging essentially herself?

Correct. She's made up a delusional relationship in her head and is messaging herself on both sides of the conversation.

It's really weird choice as well from the author, considering literally every other story in both 1 and 2 are fluffy and cute and have a happy ending.

JJzo
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 25 Apr 21:41
joined Dec 18, 2018

Yeah, that was a weird and confusing ending. I guess the implication is that they aren't dating and all the convos are just Rika messaging essentially herself?

JJzo
Semelparous discussion 21 Apr 20:38
joined Dec 18, 2018

That change from the original fucked me up not gonna lie, fucking hell...

joined Dec 18, 2018

I love this series, it's a shame new chapters are so far apart.

JJzo
joined Dec 18, 2018

I think I'm slowly coming to agree with Blastaar's hypothesis.

At the very least I think it's clear that the preposterous premise being floated some time ago that "Kasumi doesn't really feel affection for Sakurako but just exploits her because Kasumi is lazy and a glutton who just likes to be fed and waited on" has taken a couple of torpedoes amidships with the last two chapters.

What is the hypothesis if you don't mind me asking?

joined Dec 18, 2018

Poor Mao, her situation is really fucked.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Well that extra pretty much sorted all the theories about who's with who.

joined Dec 18, 2018

As for the ending, I think it Is supposed to suggest that Rin and A-Chan are going to raise the girls together. I don't see any indication that Rin is actually DATING Yukari in the final chapter. She's getting together for lunch with her on the weekend. That is certainly NOT "Date night" type of behavior. That is "friends getting together for lunch" behavior. Sure, Yukina signed off with a heart, but a lot of people do that (and she might have feelings).

I'd say both options are equally possible, it just depends on your personal interpretation. Yukari and Rin might be dating, or they might just be friends. Honestly the ending is so vague that it's impossible to make the call with 100% certainty.

Agree 100% with everything else you said though.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 1:24AM

joined Dec 18, 2018

Welp there are definitely about a million ways to interpret this ending lol.

Personally I'm going to go with that they are just friends at the end. I mainly base that on the fact that Rin seems to be dating Yukino (considering the heart stamp in their messages). That seems unnecessarily cruel if in this timeline she's still hung up on A-chan.

So basically platonic soulmates ending. Could be worse.

joined Dec 18, 2018

This is one of those where you have to re-read previous chapters whenever you get a new one...

joined Dec 18, 2018

What the fuck is going on.

joined Dec 18, 2018

On the other hand, theres no yuri effectively. Or am I missing something?

Most likely Nanaki just hasn't realized the depth of her feelings yet.

JJzo
New Game discussion 12 Mar 22:18
joined Dec 18, 2018

Doesn't Kou coming back to save the day like that cheapen Aoba's "arc" in the first half of the chapter (and those before)? She seemed to be stepping up to the task only to end up still being saved.

Depends on how the story from this point deals with it. Not all character development follows complete success, dealing with how she "failed" could be interesting to see as well. Perhaps Hifumi could do some comforting...

joined Dec 18, 2018

Edit: While I'm rooting for Midori and Maki to get together in the long run. I think Maki needs to keep some distance between them for now. It's obvious that Midori has to leave that dick, then spend some qulity me time before she will be able form a healthy relationship. Maki should stick around and help Midori as a friend, but she should definitely hold back any dating talk, until Midori is in a better place.

It's not just Midori that has issues to deal with though. Maki is completely obsessed with the past, at this point it's honestly impossible to say if she's actually in love with Midori, or the memory of her from high school.

I think they both need time apart if their relationship is to have a chance of succeeding.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 4:33AM

joined Dec 18, 2018

I seriously doubt that Midori is acting like this toward Maki because she takes any joy out of messing with her.

I definitely agree, she doesn't seem like an outright malicious person, however if she was aware just how much Maki loved her when she walked away from her in high school, then waltzing back into her life like nothing was wrong still makes her behaviour wrong, no matter how messed up she might be on the inside.

This is why I want the flashback chapter from Midori's POV, it's hard to make judgements on a character with incomplete information.

joined Dec 18, 2018

It's absolutely not her fault at all. Victims are just often vulnerable people who predatory ones find easy to hold onto, and Midori 150% falls into this category.

I feel like you're being way to harsh on Midori here. Midori even said in chapter 3 that she thinks she's falling for Maki again, like before the shit got physical, but unlike Tazune, she cut ties with Maki because she doesn't want to cheat on her partner. She also clearly still harbors fond memories for the past and being with Maki, she says as much in chapters 2 and 3.

I'd really recommend looking up what Class S is and how compulsory heterosexuality affects women in general. It explains Midori's behavior 100% and I don't even think she did to Maki is like, morally condemn-able in terms of who she is. Ultimately it's up to Maki to forgive Midori anyways, which is basically going to happen especially after Maki finds that her uncomfortable feeling she had before was 100% a red flag.

Judging how fucked up Midori has been with Maki is difficult at this point tbh. We need a flashback chapter to their past relationship from Midori's point of view to do that. A lot of it comes down to whether Midori actually realized just how much Maki had fallen for her. If she was fully aware then I'd say she has been a class A asshole ever since their reunion.

joined Dec 18, 2018

"It's more... Y'know, the kind of guy who wasn't very popular until her grew up"

Tfw someone identifies what's pissing you off about yourself with uncomfortable accuracy. Dear lord.

I honestly was vaguely sympathetic to the guy before they gave him a perspective. He was pretty insensitive but he seemed kinda well intentioned and occasionally unexpectedly considerate at times. Annnnnd then we got his POV and it only went downhill.

I do like the series. I'm a fan of the aesthetic of a bunch of deeply insecure people trying to come to terms with the unhealthy shit about themselves, and often failing. It feels very genuine in how uncomfortable it is. I'm keeping an eye on this.

I was kinda sympathetic half-way through the backstory, and kinda understand how he ended up the way he did. In the end though he made his own choices and whatever trauma he suffered can't be an excuse to his behaviour.

I think it's kinda cool for the author to explore this aspect as well though. That people are shaped by not only their past, but their choices in regards to their past as well.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Well, I think this chapter put a stop to the abuse conversation at least. Not much debate to be had after that punch.

Also is it just me or does Maki look like she's about to tell Midori to fuck off in those last two panels?

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 10:33PM

joined Dec 18, 2018

So I suspect the story is really about Midori growing up and owning her action? If that is the case I think it will be a good angsty ride to join. Deeply rooted for Midori to break out her daily routine, I don't make mistake like Midori but the manga convey enough nuances that everybody at one time can see themselves in her characters

I hope you're right. I would hate if the ending ended up boiling down to "Oh my fiance cheated on me, I guess I'll go with Maki then".

Hopefully some real character growth, from both sides actually. Currently Maki is too hung up on the past.

joined Dec 18, 2018

This is something I already strongly felt last chapter, but I truly, deeply hate this manga. With a single exception in this chapter, every turn of the page disgusts, angers, and disappoints me. It is, without a doubt, one of the most unpleasant yuri works I have ever read.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

I've been trying to put how I feel about this manga into words, but I think you just did it for me.

JJzo
SHY discussion 21 Feb 05:46
joined Dec 18, 2018

Freaking onion cutting ninjas everywhere