Forum › Posts by Mr. Zilla

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

That's fair enough, this is all subjective really.

Plus i relate to these two characters and don't consider my relationship of 12 years to be platonic. So i'm biased.

That just means they're relatable despite being different from you. That's a good thing. It means they're well written.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Actually, I should probably just stop here. This is the type of thing that spirals out of control into a heated debate.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I feel like we've come up with too many labels for platonic love.

I am NOT trying to start anything. Just stating an observation.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I feel like we've come up with too many labels for platonic love.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Virgin's Empire does this a decent amount in the last few years I think. Should that have the tag too?

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

jq- posted:

I want to suggest a "Public transportation" tag! (or some similar name, because I'm bad with names......)

I was imagining using it to mark works with settings on public transportation (like buses or trains or planes) because isn't it everyone's fantasy to break the monotony of commuting life with a meetcute???

Some works that made me think of this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_love_yet_to_bloom
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/our_15_minute_secret_garden
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/one_sided_love

We're totally doing it! Soliciting better name ideas though, cos I couldn't come up with anything better yet either.

How about Commute?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I didn't even know there was a Zombie tag.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

For a series that goes into fan service '' male-gazey'' stuff pretty regularly, this was shockingly gentle and understated. You could really feel the feelings these two share and all their past together, culminating into something beautiful and sweet. Hats off to you Kishi-sensei !

"Male-gazey," eh?

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Kishi just did a sex scene with no nudity. I never thought I'd see the day.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

So much for VIRGIN'S Empire.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Talking about Pretty in Pink, I still think it should be listed as cancelled and not completed.

Pretty in Pink is a movie.

last edited at Nov 20, 2022 11:20PM

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

How about a Partial Color tag?

Not available atm but some form of this tag will be in the next update, yes.

Oh cool. I'll be on the lookout.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

How about a Partial Color tag?
It could be used to manga that are primarily black and white, but have a few pages of full color like Virgin's Empire.

There's manga like Sexy in Pink of She Becomes a Tree which are mostly black and white but use the colors pink and green respectfully all throughout.

Then there's things like Social Anxiety vs Yuri which uses a decent amount of color, but still leaves prominent parts of the characters and background colorless.

Things like Boyish Girlfriend or The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness wouldn't count because they're still technically monochrome. They're just blue/pink and white instead of black and white.

That's 4/10 examples so far.

last edited at Nov 7, 2022 9:02PM

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Yeah, really not crazy about the chubby tag used for the whole series.

Really love how Kishi draws a whole variety of body types and makes them sexy.

It dowsn't need to be in every chapter to be used as a "series tag". But I agree I'd prefer to use them in specific chapters instead, like the NSFW tag. But it would be a big work to change them all.

It's hard to find broad enough tags for a series that rotates the protagonists in every chapter.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

anyone have any good recommendations with the bold and outgoing x shy and easily flustered trope?

i was reading protagonist x rival and i really loved the dynamic between kimura and hiyama in the later chapters (especially when hiyama ended up being the one to get more flustered back than usual) so i was hoping for something just as cute and lighthearted!

Bright and Cheery Amnesia.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I will never get over the revelation that Onibi was, in fact, super hot. When they first showed us her face under those glasses I felt like one of those shmucks at the Daily Planet and I just saw Clark Kent turn into fucking Superman.

Lmao right? I think glasses can look great but she's normally drawn in such a dorky way. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's definitely a "woah" moment when you see that can in fact be super hot.

I never doubted for a second that she was hot.

Oi, who tagged it with chubby?!

That was me. I suggested tagging the series with Chubby.

Hmmm....I mean yeah, but I couldn't call her chubby. Hell, I couldn't even call chie, nononon senpai and alicia chubby...ok,maybe, I'm just weird

Actually, those three characters were in the notes for my suggestion.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Do they have spiders like that in Japan?

https://youtu.be/4XHeAR41dWQ

yeah they do

Honestly is there any place in the world that doesn't have giant spiders?

Antarctica.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I will never get over the revelation that Onibi was, in fact, super hot. When they first showed us her face under those glasses I felt like one of those shmucks at the Daily Planet and I just saw Clark Kent turn into fucking Superman.

Lmao right? I think glasses can look great but she's normally drawn in such a dorky way. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's definitely a "woah" moment when you see that can in fact be super hot.

Oi, who tagged it with chubby?!

That was me. I suggested tagging the series with Chubby.

last edited at Oct 29, 2022 8:52PM

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Do they have spiders like that in Japan?

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Insane Amounts of Tag

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Okay, that round dough and sliced pork joke was really good.

last edited at Oct 22, 2022 6:06PM

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

If anyone wants to suggest a new tag, please do so in this thread and not on the "Suggest tag changes" page - that clutters up the moderation queue and I'll just reject them.

How many characters should be required for Insane Amounts of Title?

There's no hard or fast rule on this, but having at least 5 lines on the "Groupings" thumbnail is probably a good benchmark. So as long or longer than Umareru Kachi no Nakatta Jibun ga Anna no Tame ni Dekiru Ikutsuka no Koto, basically.

The amount of lines changes depending on what kind of device you're using. I think it makes more sense to do it based on the number of characters.

So far the shortest title with the tag is 73 chataracters including spaces.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 4:27PM

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

How many characters should be required for Insane Amounts of Title?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

"A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence" seems like a normal title now.