Forum › Posts by NxY

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I noticed that addition too, but didn't know the meaning of the colors, so I just had to think "Probably a metaphor". Do you know which color represents which?

Edit: found a better explanation.

Pink – Linked to romance, heartfelt emotions, love, weddings, and marriage.
Blue – Connected to frigidity, turning down a romantic proposal, asking for forgiveness, and expressing regret.
White – Known as a symbol of purity, grace, abundance, and bragging or boasting.
Purple – Used to indicate a desire for a deeper understanding of someone else or to symbolize abundance and wealth.

last edited at Nov 23, 2018 12:37PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Noticed a minor addition to the anime. During the three parts, Touko, Sayaka and Yuu each asked "Which colour do you like? The hydrangeas." Which isn't in the manga (though the manga did have hydrangeas in the rain scene). I looked up what they mean and it's such a great metaphor for all three situations its used in:

Heartfelt and honest emotions of any kind

Gratitude and thanksgiving to someone else

Developing a deeper understanding of two people

Heartlessness and acting without thinking about the feelings of another

Frigidity and disinterest in a romantic proposal.

This is such a great little detail and I think the only example of the anime adding something more profound to the manga (with the exception of all the things anime can do that manga can't).

I did like the way they reordered it as well, I think it flows better this way.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I found spoilers for the Saeki novel if anyone's interested https://greatpassage.wordpress.com/2018/11/16/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-saeki-sayaka-ni-tsuite/
Less of a spoiler but... Sayaka does have a chance to end up with someone else! It's canonical and everything!

I really hope she ends up with someone who loves her so much back.

What would even be the point for the side story if not for Sayaka to get a proper relationship? Of course, she'll find someone who loves her back properly.

From what I've read, it's likely that Sayaka won't get a happy ending in the main story. Though there might be a side chapter after Volume 8? (My guess as to how long the story to last). It would be awkward for Nakatani to put an extra relationship in without distracting from the main story.

The writer for the novel says he wants to do more though, so maybe we'll get her happy ending there.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I found spoilers for the Saeki novel if anyone's interested

Thanks for the link, been hoping someone would give a summory of what happened. I wonder if any of the publishers would do a translation of the book for the English speaking market.

You're welcome.

Seven Seas already publish the manga so, it would make sense if they did the novel.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I found spoilers for the Saeki novel if anyone's interested https://greatpassage.wordpress.com/2018/11/16/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-saeki-sayaka-ni-tsuite/
Less of a spoiler but... Sayaka does have a chance to end up with someone else! It's canonical and everything!

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

2 questions, 1 for you, and 1 to nobody in particular.
For you: "Well..." what?
For nobody in particular: Why did his or hers "Well..." make me laugh a tiny bit?

1. That was a vague allusion to you being stupid.
2. That was a joke.
3. I am a guy
4. I suppose we're so used to assuming Nakatani knows what she's doing (I know it's a different author) that we didn't think about why Sayaka got a side story. Not to mention the excitement for reading more about her character.

last edited at Nov 22, 2018 4:00AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I just realized how good of an argument you made, and, to be completely honest, I actually feel kinda dumb/stupid for not coming up with that myself...

Well...

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

giggles quietly in the distance

?
Edit:
Nevermind it's BV

last edited at Nov 18, 2018 3:22PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

There has been a discussion about whether Touko is too manipulative or overbearing previously but, I'll just say my thoughts now. In episode 7 Touko thinks 'Yuu acting so unfazed makes me want to see how far I can push'. She then asks to be called by her first name. I think this is a great way of showing how even though Touko is selfish, she doesn't want to hurt Yuu or push too far. Not only that but last episode, Yuu literally asked Touko to be more selfish.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Wait, how come the episode is already out? Isn't it supposed to be up on the Internet around (what is for timezone UTC+1) 19h?

It was out around 12:30 GMT for me.

last edited at Nov 16, 2018 2:04PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

It looks like they're not going to make it to the play: they only did two chapters and a special this episode.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Oh, yeah, right, the next episode is tomorrow...
abruptly stops
smiles in a way reminiscent of inspector "Crazy Eyes" Draifus from "Pink Panter"
Wait a minute...
chukles
I got reminded of that dumb idea of mine from yesterday.

EDIT: To be honest, by this point, I actually HOPE timezone difference is the reason why I'm not getting replies, cuz I'd really be mad (mostly at myself, but, to a lesser extent, y'all too) if it's the case that you read my comment, roll your eyes, forget about it and then wait until the next day to start a new sub-topic.

Even if we're in the same time zone, I honestly don't know how to respond to that Sorry.

last edited at Nov 16, 2018 5:28AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Also, the way Yuu called out to Touko "I won't fall in love with you" is such an obvious manipulation of Touko's feelings that I'm kind of annoyed I missed it the first time reading this.

What do you mean?

In episode 6 she says 'I won't fall in love with you' - the reason why Touko fell in love with her - in hopes that will get her attention when reasoning with her doesn't. It's kind of like dangling drugs in front of an addict.

That's just me trying to interpret Yuu's actions though.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I think I have a very dumb idea. barely contains laughter
And don't worry, it is actually something related to YagaKimi (albeit tenuously). manages to stop himself from laughing
But I won't be telling the idea, unless at least one of you is intrested in it.

Sigh What is it BV?

Well, the next episode is episode 7, right? And season 1 is supposed to have 13 episodes, ain't it? So, if we were to watch the first half of the episode, we could boast around how we watched half the season, and then continue watching the episode to the end to actually properly have a discussion about the episode. For me, the release of the next episode might be more special than to y'all, as it could serve well as a (one day too early) birthday present of sorts. But hey, it's only a dumb idea at this point.

No

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Also, the way Yuu called out to Touko "I won't fall in love with you" is such an obvious manipulation of Touko's feelings that I'm kind of annoyed I missed it the first time reading this. The anime's doing a great job capturing the beauty of the manga in general though. So glad we're getting a proper adaptation.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I think I have a very dumb idea. barely contains laughter
And don't worry, it is actually something related to YagaKimi (albeit tenuously). manages to stop himself from laughing
But I won't be telling the idea, unless at least one of you is intrested in it.

Sigh What is it BV?

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

^^now it's not^^

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Troyca have done such a good job so far and Nakatani's apparently pretty involved in the production (I don't have an official source for that) so if they cut stuff out to get to the play, it should still be good. If they don't then we have a faithful, well-done adaptation, which is better than a rushed one IMO.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 9:56AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

^^ Well, I don't even look at the subs most of the time, but the few times I did they seemed relatively accurate, at least to the idea.

About the "creepy" aspect, it's just the whole "Stay unable to love so that I can use you as a comfort pillow" thing. The VA's delivery might have something to do with it too.

I was wondering if somebody actually wrote the text on Koyomi's novel or if it was just gibberish.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Can anybody translate the Koyomi's novel from the episode?

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

The anime is explaining things. :)

That being said, we're only mere hours before the next episode.

It's already out in Japanese.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Now, I now that what I'm about to say is highly debatable (I mean, at the current situation, everything is) but I honestly wouldn't be surprised that, if Rei (Yuu's sister) gets involved, that her boyfriend, Hiro, might at the very least tag along with her on that.

He hasn't had any relevance in the story yet and has no real place in that conversation, even Doujima is more likely than Hiro tbh.

WHY?

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

A possible alternative explanation for Touko accepting Sayaka's confession would be Touko feeling that she has to completely abandon her old personality in order to become a new person, that having Yuu in her life will be a crutch that she needs to discard in order to flourish. Even if she doesn't accept Sayaka she can have this attitude and until she becomes that new person she doesn't try to get back with Yuu.

The opposite would make more sense, Sayaka representing Touko's old life and Yuu her new one.

I'm confident Sayaka moves on without confessing. She'll be the one who talks sense into Yuu and sets her straight, no pun intended, and Yuu's shippy sister will sort Touko out - they have each other's contact info, remember. That's my prediction for how it plays out.

I know it's not going to happen and I don't want it to but, it is within Touko's character (I think) to make an illogical leap like that.

I actually think that Sayaka's more likely to help Touko out with her feelings, though Yuu's sister is next most likely and Yuu getting advice from Maki, its the best opportunity for him to have real relevance.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Alright, okay, let's do a thought experiment. Just a little what-if, entertaining the most unlikely scenario. Let's assume Nakatani Nio loses her mind or some pushy Editor says "We need to stretch this out at all costs, so we can have a second anime season!" or something like that.

A possible way to drag out the plot that is not completely outrageous could be that Sayaka confesses during the school trip, but, now hear me out, Touko is in a pretty confused and depressed state. She can't make head or tails of her situation. If Sayaka confesses and Touko asks since when she has been hiding this and Sayaka says for a while or whatever, then Touko will see it as an echo of how she hurt Yuu. But unlike Yuu, Sayaka is not afraid to face her and even says she will accept a rejection.

Now Touko always appreciated how Sayaka doesn't pressure her and let her keep secrets, but she also realizes that Sayaka actually saw through her. Sayaka knows that Touko is changing and would actively support this. Where Sayaka keeps a strong front and keeps pushing, Yuu retreated out of consideration and denial.

In this scenario there is a possibility that Touko might accept the proposal of going out with Sayaka, to see where she really stands. She is close to Sayaka, but didn't tie her down like she did Yuu. She might not feel romantically for her (yet), but she wants to know if this current her can actually even feel like that anyway. Sayaka's love is passive, but straightforward, unlike Yuu's which has been painful and indecisive.

Now, obviously I am not saying this would lead to a Touko x Sayaka endgame. That is literally impossible for this story and I won't play devil's advocate for that. Still, if they started dating for these improper reasons, it will lead to Touko slowly realizing that it is different from what she feels for Yuu and that the love of a partner is not harmful. Yuu will obviously get hurt in the process from seeing that and has to deal with shutting her feelings down harder than before, but now that she actually knows what love feels like, she also feels heartbreak all the more. Jealousy and all those emotions she never had.

Ultimately it will end with Sayaka giving Touko the push to ask Yuu for forgiveness and mend their relationship, because she is sympathetic like that and doesn't want to live a farce.

I think this kind of arc is not unfeasible, but still highly unlikely.

PS: Don't make fanfiction of this, even Nakatani Nio can barely make this work. lol

A possible alternative explanation for Touko accepting Sayaka's confession would be Touko feeling that she has to completely abandon her old personality in order to become a new person, that having Yuu in her life will be a crutch that she needs to discard in order to flourish. Even if she doesn't accept Sayaka she can have this attitude and until she becomes that new person she doesn't try to get back with Yuu.

Also maybe Yuu could start thinking 'I didn't start feeling this way with Touko until much later on, so maybe it will be the same with somebody else: maybe I would feel the same for anybody who showed that much interest in me'. And starts dating the guy that confessed to her.

P.S. I don't think any of this will happen nor do I want it to.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

What is with yuri stories and there being interludes after the big confession. It's like the mangaka goes "ooo! I got 'em hooked, so I can make more money dragging this out a bit without worry!"

What am I saying that's exactly what it is.

My favorite is when the girls are constantly about to kiss but they keep getting interrupted so the manga can be delayed further. This has nothing to do with Bloom Into You, just yuri in general.

This is an actual example of things autos do to unnecessarily elongate a series and the main reason I dislike most romances; where it goes past the point of wanting the couple to get together because that would make me happy and enters the realm of: "GET TOGETHER ALREADY!", because I'm pissed that the mangaka can't think of any better way of keeping the manga going than this.

P.S. this is meant for the first person quoted.

last edited at Nov 7, 2018 5:16AM