Forum › Posts by BugDevil

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Condescending much? Your pretense of speaking for "most people" is truly hilarious.

As always, you "win."

rolls eyes

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Tomoe & Sukoya just released their cover of the gay anthem [magnet]!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMU_F8ktRmg

These two are perfect for each other dang.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Finally someone who comes out and states what so many people don't sem to get. "I want to stay friends" does NOT mean "I don't love you, now get out of my life because you make me feel uncomfortable." No, it means "I freaking want to stay friends, wtf did you think I said?!"

While I also revile that trope, it's more often than not the one who confessed that wants to make some distance. Hanging on after being rejected can be quite painful. It's not easy to go back to just being friends after such a reveal. It will keep being an unspoken thing on their mind each time they interact. The one who was confessed to will inadvertently be overly conscious of each act the other does and the one who got rejected has to constantly fight their attraction.

It's rough.

last edited at May 4, 2020 7:22AM

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

what’s the one where it’s like a harem magazine n all the girls tryna get in the dudes pants but then this girl from a apocalyptic magazine (idek) shows up and she’s rlly bad at being final girl so this other girl does sumn i don’t remember.

That's quite possibly the worst description I've ever read.... but I gotchu.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_fourth_heroine

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Phew. Those were some intense chapters. I didn't expect Izumi to just come out and say it... and then we got 3 chapters of actual talking and resolutions like some kind of... healthy human relationship? Is this really a yuri manga? lol

The phrase "I know about those LGBT people" makes me just realize all over again that this is not such common knowledge in Japan and still treated as exotic. Sigh.

Anyway, this is Nanaki's strength, her complete honesty and straightforward attitude. She will abandon false friends in an instant, admit to her mistakes, apologize to those she wronged and act impulsively on her feelings. Only someone this honest and open-minded can truly make the line "But let's stay friends tho" work. Izumi was very lucky indeed.

Now if Nanaki could just realize what her feelings for Kurokawa actually entail, she may be just as honest about those. But that's the problem, she really doesn't understand yet. On the opposite end Kurokawa and Iroha have a really strong gaydar.... makes me wonder how long it will take for Iroha to figure out how her best friend truly feels as well.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

These outfits should be illegal. How can one focus on workout when they get all worked up? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Please, please release me from my ignorance that has led me to commit so many offenses against you: what do you mean by "cheating"? You keep saying that a certain kind of infidelity is most definitely not cheating (even though the words are in fact synonyms).

So by all means "be clear about what words mean" and explain what "cheating" is as opposed to "infidelity."

It seems you have a hard time letting go of your bile, so I'll just quote my previous post instead of explaining something you already know.

Until either romantic or sexual connections are made it is not cheating.

That's all there is to it. Any emotion or concept that deviates from romanitc or sexual involvement is not cheating (unless we go by the gambling/contest/religious definitions).

Infidelity in this context has a different connotation, hence why it has emotional written before it. I have not disputed the meaning of standard infidelity. The idea of "emotional infidelity" is related to cheating (in theory/academically), but in practice is not considered cheating by most people. You probably well understood this, but can't bring yourself to just drop it. Whatever your reason to be so affected by this, please contain yourself. It's a slog to talk to you in this state.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

You got so pissed at me for anticipating that you would quibble about definitions, and here you are quibbling about the definition.

You're making a distinction between "infidelity of a significant kind" and "cheating." Nobody is making the claim that emotional infidelity is the same thing as a sexual affair. By definition they are not. But they're parallel, and the concept is certainly relevant to the situation in this story.

But sure, define "cheating" as a sexual affair, and you're right and everybody else is wrong.

I did not get "pissed", just disappointed that you believe it is okay to use such an unfair line to get leverage on someone. You didn't anticipate anything, you just flat out poisoned the well by saying I am obssessed with winning and that's why I would argue definitions. Perhaps you have already dug yourself so far in that you can't help it, but there is no need for something like that. To be clear about what words mean is the basis on how to discuss topics containing them. It's not about winning or being right. Don't let out your frustrations on me.

If emotional infidelity is not equatable to cheating ( any kind of cheating mind you, not just sexual, please actually read my entire comment next time), then what pray tell is the point of bringing it up to counter someone saying that there is no proof of cheating yet? You already aquiesed to this yourself, why do you feel the need to jump in again when I merely restate that point for someone else who seemed to miss my point?

last edited at May 3, 2020 9:43AM

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I can attest that "emotional infidelity" does not only exists in theory, it's something a lot of people do.

It often happens that two people, say, for example, coworkers, having problems at home, pour their heart out at each other and connect on an emotional level. Not being married to each other or even being in a love relationship, they feel less burdened to maintain their facade and end up confiding and feeling more at ease with each other than with their partner.

It's a door to physical infidelity of course.

Nobody(reasonable) is denying that the concept of "emotional infidelety" exists and represents an existing interaction in reality.

That however does not mean it is actually cheating, which is the thing that's disputed here. Until either romantic or sexual connections are made it is not cheating. It is a theoretical concept in regards to cheating. The term itself describes an action that you cannot possibly validate as cheating unless you stretch it to the breaking point.

last edited at May 3, 2020 9:06AM

BugDevil
Image Comments 03 May 04:19
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
81100428_p0

The fact that anyone here believes there will be a heroine/boytoy she chooses is hilarious. The set-up is pretty obviously not made for that.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's not like I made something up; just Google the phrase:

"What is the definition of emotional infidelity? ... Basically, emotional affairs occur when one partner is channeling physical or emotional energy, time and attention into someone other than the person they are in a committed relationship with to the point that their partner feels neglected."

• Does Kaoru feel emotionally intimate with Reiichi?
  • Is there open communication between Kaoru and Reiichi about their emotional states?
  • Does Kaoru feel neglected?
  • Is Reiichi involved in a secret or semi-secret connection with Risako?

Sure, the boundaries of what counts are more vague, and more specific to individual couples, than genital insertion might be, but there's no reason to act like this is some outlandish concept regarding relationships.

I never doubted the term's existence, it's more that the very idea always striked me as academic at best. A high concept form of cheating if you will. Not very applicable to reality and certainly not relevant to what the general reader would consider cheating. What if that person you invest "emotional energy and attention" into is a family member? Are you cheating on your girlfriend with your mother if you are focusing on the latter more than the former?

How often does Reiichi actually meet Risako? We only know of two times. Would Reiichi not neglect Kaoru if he didn't meet Risako? With too many variables and unknowns "emotional infedelity" ends at the same dead end as regular cheating. Not conclusive.

last edited at May 2, 2020 4:24PM

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

So you deny the existence of "emotional infidelity"?

Even if the explanation from Reiichi would be, "I sometimes need to meet with Risako and unburden myself emotionally about how much I love Kaoru but I find that I somehow can't express it directly to her" (yeah, that would be total bullshit, but hypothetically), that's a form of cheating.

Unless you just want to build a fortress definition of what "cheating" is and defend it so you "win," of course.

I tend to put more weight on feelings than the average reader and even I feel like "emotional infedility" is a huge stretch on the concept of cheating. Especially if said "infedelity" is not about wanting to get with another woman, just like in your exaggerated example. Seeking emotional support from others cannot be considered cheating in my opinion. We would have to create some fictional ruleset where a partner is obliged to share their emotional burden/worries with their partner only. Would you consider that reasonable in the slightest?

Kind of underhanded of you to poison the well there at the end to force me to either agree with your definition or appear like a victory obssessed stickler if I don't.

last edited at May 2, 2020 3:54PM

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I wish Kaoru would soon realize that Reiich was cheating on her with With so-called friend Risako.

I wish we had actual evidence that this so-called cheating happened.

Check comments. The evidence was inferred by mangaka. It happened after she broke her ankle and she made a text to her husband then she was called immediately by a co-worker of her husband.

I am sorry, but as everyone who has replied to me admits themselves, that is pretty weak and indirect as evidence goes. Especially because the motivations of all involved drift further away from that conclusion.

At this point those seem more like red herrings. Not that I will exclude the possibility that the cheating happened, I just will never take it for granted like a lot of people have been doing for a long long time.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I wish Kaoru would soon realize that Reiich was cheating on her with With so-called friend Risako.

I wish we had actual evidence that this so-called cheating happened.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Deja vu? I feel like I already read this chapter on here. Or was that somewhere else? Starting to lose my mind here.

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 10:51
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^The past was altered after they defeated fate. Therefore the timeline only changed after that. It is meaningless what happened before that point, it only changed NOW.
They handled everything in the final stretch poorly, so I have no hope they will do well in the sequel.

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 07:57
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Ew5yyooxyaazi_x-orig

^I don't agree with that assessment at all. There is some minor overlap at most.

last edited at May 2, 2020 7:58AM

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 07:05
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^How does Zack surviving fit into that little thesis of yours? Because I am pretty sure that alters everything and doesn't just tie in compilation stuff.

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 01:58
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Tifa subconsciously choking the guy while having a gay episode just has me laughing each time I see this pic XD

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 01:56
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Doohani_1250579530114150400

Multitasking has never been easier.

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 01:55
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Bday

What an amazing fantasy this is.

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 01:53
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
61203355_p0

Nine... and Sorceress?? I mean they are both big busted witches, but this is... wow. Who'd even think of that?

last edited at May 2, 2020 12:29PM

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 01:52
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
81146002_p0

Her knight will always be there to save her~

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 01:47
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Ew5yyooxyaazi_x-orig

Yeah that tag is just wrong. Someone's been playing headcanon too much.

@Peccata In what way are Haru and Yuu alike personality wise? I don't see it at all.

BugDevil
Image Comments 02 May 01:45
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well that was sudden.