Forum › Posts by Quiescent-Rose

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Ohh god that “end” message scared the crap out of me. At first I thought it was a joke, but then the second message made me think it was real.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

I’m kinda envyous of the Japanese name thing. I bet it would feel really nice to be called your given name by the person you like.

Quiescent-Rose
Bondage discussion 14 May 22:33
joined Aug 13, 2018

This was so nice. Both kept the story just dark enough wothout going overboard.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Ahhh that was relaxing to read

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Darnit so close again. Come on Hino-san, kiss the girl already. Man this manga is such a tease.

And what kind of logic is: "What's the point of practicing self defence techniques, if you don't use them"? Imagine if people thought that way about nuclear weapons!

It’s perfectly good logic. Just because you know self defense techniques doesn’t mean you’ll be able to make use of them in a dangerous situation. Most people panic and can’t think straight. Martial artists train until their techniques become instinctual so that they aren’t distracted by trying to think about how to perform them mid fight.

The ideal mind set for defensive martial arts, nuclear weapons, and hand guns, for that matter, is to hope to never need to use them. You're suppose to exhaust every other possibility, before resorting to violence. To have the mind set, why have them, if you're not going to use them. is just looking for trouble.
As for martial arts training, sure you want to train to the level that the moves become instinctual, but I don't think M.A. instructors are sending there students into actual street brawls, to achieve that.

I think we’re understanding what she said in different ways. As I understood it she essentially said that just having the knowledge is pointless if you can’t actually make use of it when you need to. An hour isn’t enough to time to be able to effectively learn self defense techniques to the point of being able to put them to use in a dangerous situation. Sure being able to solve the issue without violence would be ideal, but every situation is different. Sometimes self defense is necessary. M.A. instructors don’t send their students into street brawls, but they do have spars.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Darnit so close again. Come on Hino-san, kiss the girl already. Man this manga is such a tease.

And what kind of logic is: "What's the point of practicing self defence techniques, if you don't use them"? Imagine if people thought that way about nuclear weapons!

It’s perfectly good logic. Just because you know self defense techniques doesn’t mean you’ll be able to make use of them in a dangerous situation. Most people panic and can’t think straight. Martial artists train until their techniques become instinctual so that they aren’t distracted by trying to think about how to perform them mid fight.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Koguma dug her own grave

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Wow some people are taking this a bit too seriously. This is a lighthearted romcom, not a serious dramatic romance exploring the psychological effects of dom/sub relationships. At no point are we led to believe that Hino has any malicious intent towards Koguma, nor that she wouldn’t stop if Hino seriously told her to. And it would be unnatural for them to have a well defined and explicit power dynamic with safe words and everything when the entire story so far is about ambiguity.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

I totally forgot she was writing a manga

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

I’m just confused as to why she wants to be seen as a bully.

joined Aug 13, 2018

Lol that was like something out of Kaguya-sama

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

This just keeps outdoing itself. Hino is a Koguma teasing master.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

This is weird, it feels more like an original manga than a translated one. Maybe it’s the dialogue — it feels kinda western.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Reminds me of back when I was in highschool and accidentally showed my friend my embarrassing browser history or something on my ipod touch.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Cute

joined Aug 13, 2018

Feels just like something that would happen in the anime, and that title is way too clever.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

“It’s hard for me to tell where your stomach ends and your boobs begin”
Rip Koguma

joined Aug 13, 2018

Not gonna lie, the tailsex tag is what made me click on this.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Omg my heart can’t take it, this chapter was way too sweet and adorable, and the way Koguma called Hino a baka at the end ><

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

My guess is that Tadokoro forgives her and then Kirigaya falls for her angelic smile and mercy.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

In my opinion yuri-crush is cute particularly because there is a possibility they might get together. While that could happen in this, that would turn it into netori and it’s not setup properly for good netori.
Also the relationship between these two is super shallow, the mc basically treats her as a personal maid.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

This isn't "interracial" whoever is calling it that is simply wrong.

You're obviously not aware of this, but the meaning of "race" varies greatly between cultures. Where I'm from, race is strongly related to phenotype. So, my wife and I are from Rio de Janeiro, born and raised. The last three generations of both our families are Brazilian too. My skin is light, hers is dark. Around here we're considered an interracial couple.

Please consider cultural differences before calling people wrong.

That would be concerning natural skin color though, wouldn’t it? If you look closely at some of the drawings, including the cover, you can see that she has tan lines under her swimsuit, so her skin tone is most likely similar to the other girls on the island and just tanned from constantly paying outside in the middle of summer on a southern Japanese island.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

She definitely made her family bankrupt and disappear.

Quiescent-Rose
joined Aug 13, 2018

Ok this idea of boy-girl assigned dynamics between lesbians is pissing me off. I’m going to be straight with yall here and tell you that I am the kind of lesbian who dates girls for their femininity. Authors who feel like every lesbian is assigned a “male or female” dynamic piss me the f off and they are just stereotyping us. There are lesbians who are attracted to other “feminine” women too. Why can’t straight people realize that homosexuals are just people, not some animals at a freak show?

I am sorry I am pissed off, but the fact that the title emphasizes that one partner is “boyish” pisses me off. They are still girls. Who happen to have short hair and seem less feminine... they are not pretending to be men.

I’m not expert, but I’m pretty sure a significant cause for the prevalence of this sort of boyish x feminine pairing is a result of the Takarazuka Revue, an all female musical theatre troupe dating back to the early 1900’s in which the actresses would be split into male and female roles, Otokoyaku and Musumeyaku, and generally pair up. The otokoyaku actresses would cut their hair short and act and speak more masculinely, which is likely what formed that boyish female prince like character type.

Osamu Tezuka, aka the father of manga, grew up in Takarazuka watching their plays which inspired him to write Princess Knight which then inspired and influenced other manga such as the Rose of Versailles, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Sailor Moon.

There’s also been scandals and controversies of love letters from women being written to otokoyaku and a lesbian relationship between an otokoyaku and musumeyaku.

It’s such a huge part of Japanese cultural history (and present) that I’m not surprised it’s influences are still ingrained in manga, though there’s certainly been more subversions of that lately.

joined Aug 13, 2018

I was so scared for a second >_< that almost took a dark and sad turn.