Forum › Posts by Yuri Queen

joined Feb 21, 2018

Bronya x Wendy

Oh, I got some bad news for you...

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 18 Apr 18:50
joined Feb 21, 2018

@Dark_Tzitzimine Yeah, youre right. Its all because she isnt doing what we want, no possibility that what she is doing is just bad. No objective way to say that giving a 16 page chapter with literally no progression and still manages to have mistakes after a 2 month hiatus is bad. Good thing we are not allowed to complain about stories, better to grin and bare it.

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 6:53PM

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 18 Apr 18:14
joined Feb 21, 2018

Let's not forget take the responsibility that's supposed to be her fathers so he can live his dream and shit all over his daughter's at the same time!

oh god don’t start me abt this guy.... he’s honestly the worst. if you dont want to do it, at least free your fucking own daughter of this stupid duty....

How is he suppose to free her from her own self imposed prison? She is the one who decided to take care of the school while he was gone and then chose to take his place after he said he was never coming back to that life. This is exactly why Mei is the absolute worst, no one is forcing this on her. She is volunteering to cause Yuzu as much suffering as possible. Its a shame that the two will end up together in the end instead of Yuzu doing the logical thing and move on to find someone else.

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 18 Apr 16:48
joined Feb 21, 2018

I'm just laughing at people who are reenacting the old joke, "This free food is terrible--and such small portions!"

Except the food isnt free. People paid for this or planned on paying for this in the future.

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 4:49PM

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 18 Apr 09:04
joined Feb 21, 2018

What are you even talking about? Who here has paid money for the translated version of the latest chapter?

What are you talking about? Citrus has been officially translated and released around the world that people have paid for, but they are not allowed to complain after seeing how the unreleased followup content is going?

Or is it just a cheap way to curb criticism for an obviously rushed mess of a chapter that fans had to wait 2 months for?

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 9:05AM

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 18 Apr 08:04
joined Feb 21, 2018

Waiting for the complaints after released of chapter 37...

was not disappointed.

And for the prices we're paying, too. Tsk, tsk--if this level of service keeps up, we'll just have to take our custom elsewhere.

You say it like no one has paid a dime on this series.

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 17 Apr 16:45
joined Feb 21, 2018

2 months for 16 pages? WTF

joined Feb 21, 2018

Mei is kind of oblivious to Kiana's gay outbursts but seems to reciprocate judging by the main story's manga raws. There is a scene where she has a vision of her marrying Kiana. Bronya and Mei have a pure sister-like relationship.

Yuri Queen
Amanchu! discussion 16 Apr 17:13
joined Feb 21, 2018

No, its crap because its yuri bait up until the author got sick of fans shipping her characters so she had one turn homophobic stating girls can't love girls and the other one accepting a marriage proposal from a 13 year old on their first date.

Not to mention the whole dream warrior and Peter pan stories being crap in general.

So you made up a ship, that's only subtext and get pissed when It doesn't turn out to be yuri.

Yes, the "made up" ship that the author felt that she had to go out of her way to directly address in the manga, making sure every reader knows that girls cant love girls. And dont write off the terrible writing of a 17 year old accepting the marriage proposal from a 13 year old on their first date. Not even considering the yuri bait, that is just awful.

Yuri Queen
Citrus discussion 16 Apr 07:38
joined Feb 21, 2018

Its official, Citrus has gotten so bad that people are writing pretentious essays over examining run of the mill melodrama to add as much actual content to the story as they can.

last edited at Apr 16, 2018 10:13AM

joined Feb 21, 2018

Now, I hate to the pull the "if the main character was a guy" card, but...

If the MC was a guy than all the gay angst wouldnt make any sense.

Its like everyone forgets that the first kiss in Girl Friends Akko was asleep, and yet no one goes around calling Mari a creeper.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Forcibly kiss her? The girl was awake the whole time and let it happen, then pretended she had no idea. Didnt take much force.

And you really going to say it's the same as raping her till she likes it? Hahahahaha seriously, who hurt you? You're whole comparison falls apart when your hentai scenario revolves around the girl hating the person forcing themself on her. Here, there is no hate. She likes her and always has.

This is 100% emotional abuse, plain and simple. "It's either he goes or I goes!" is a classic manipulative line, putting people on the spot to force them into a decision.

Except neither of them go, it's never even proposed. MC never asked her to choose, she just couldnt stand watching the girl she loved being with another person. Do id ahe chose the guy MC rather break all connections and let them be. Which is very understandeable. Your whole argument is just a strawman, no basis in the actual story.

This idea that MC is somehow emotionally abusive is laughable at best and comapring it so Citrus is just the cherry on top.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

can you give the source of when the writer addressed the yuri publicly ?

https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-2/

It's not yuri, it's adolescence. /s

last edited at Apr 15, 2018 1:25PM

joined Feb 21, 2018

And I never said the dude was a nice guy who deserved the girl or anything, I never even said he was a good person, merely that MC was far worse, far more self-absorbed and refusing to see anyone's perspective but her own. This isn't about the larger narrative of a history of yuri erasure or something, this is literally just "the MC was insanely uncaring about other people's feelings", simple as that. I'm not going to accept such a warped story of forcing yourself on others to make them love you as "a win for yuri!" because if anything, it's a win for emotional abuse. Ideally, none of these people would ever get together, let alone continue to interact with each other, since their emotional stability flies out the window whenever they're with one another, but if the only two realistic options were "girl goes with dude" and "girl goes with MC", then, yuri be damned, I'll pick the less manipulative ending and go with the former, though both are pretty bad options for the reasons I've stated above.

Less manipulative? You are given obvious hints from the very beginning that the het was already on shaky ground before MC started e
being aggressive. The girl didn't even let the dude clen her ears, they havent properly kissed(assuming from the "I guess"), and at the first sign of MC showing her feelings the girl didn't want any physical contact with the dude. That's the relationship you wanted to win over the heartbroken gay girl who thought that everyone would think she was disgusting if she let your feelings be known? Alrightythen.

Yuri Queen
Anime season 15 Apr 04:38
joined Feb 21, 2018

Anyone watching Amanchu? Has it gone het? I'm worried, and haven't dared to watch in case it does...

Not yet but the boy who reveals Tekos homophobia and eventually becomes Pikaris boyfriend just showed up. They probably won't adapt to that point but they can always move stuff around like 1st season. If het will stop you from watching then better just stop now.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

This really isnt the place for this but Hibike was such huge bait that the writer had to publicly address it to justify it.

joined Feb 21, 2018

"You are not allowed to eat on your way home."

Why are Japanese schools so dumb?

What, you think Western schools can't be that bad?

No public school can set rules for you while you are outside of school. Only private schools could probably get away with it.

Yuri Queen
Kanamemo discussion 13 Apr 19:59
joined Feb 21, 2018

Thank you for picking this up. Been wanting to read the manga badly after watching the anime. Especially after reading how Kana awakens.

Yuri Queen
joined Feb 21, 2018

Wish there are more interactions between the two, cuz it's so cute

Well I got some good news, so far there are 18 chapters out. Plenty to look forward to.

Yuri Queen
Anime season 11 Apr 17:16
joined Feb 21, 2018

There is full frontal nudity if both girls on the first chapter, so it's pretty much a given that it will be toned down at least a tad.

joined Feb 21, 2018

You are not, it's a bare minimal adaption. After the second episode I'm dropping it, not going to waste my time with such a pathetic adaption.

Yuri Queen
Amanchu! discussion 11 Apr 15:06
joined Feb 21, 2018

No, its crap because its yuri bait up until the author got sick of fans shipping her characters so she had one turn homophobic stating girls can't love girls and the other one accepting a marriage proposal from a 13 year old on their first date.

Not to mention the whole dream warrior and Peter pan stories being crap in general.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 3:07PM

joined Feb 21, 2018

I really don't see how this is really all that different. The chapters are long and seem to mix all of those nicely. 2 episodes in and we still haven't finished chapter 1 even with pages cut out.

joined Feb 21, 2018

So this is getting an anime, talk about unexpected. It's being done by Doga Kobo (Yuru Yuri, New Game) so I'm expecting it to be a decent adaption.

Yuri Queen
Liberty discussion 10 Apr 20:38
joined Feb 21, 2018

Now this is some hardcore angst if I have ever seen it.