Forum › Posts by matsuri_wins

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I ship Sayaka and Natsuki. I mean, you can't tell me Natsuki ain't a raging lesbian. I don't believe you.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I REALLY like the moment when Yuu was about to switch roles and move down, but Touko held her and allowed (insistently) Yuu to be on top.
This night does not answer the question of who in their relations will be top and who bottom. I am sure in their pair there is no top and bottom. They will change 50/50, because both want to love (to be on top). It was just that on their first night, Touko ceded this role to Yuu, thereby showing that her love is no longer selfish and that she thinks about Yuu's desires. She perfectly understands that Yuu wanted this. The point is not that Yuu is in principle top, but that on this particular night she's top. It is symbolic. She wanted to love at the beginning of the manga and now loves in every sense - including physically.
But Yuu loves Touko so much and will allow her to be on top as many times as Touko wants, and Touko’s love is now not selfish and she will allow you to be on top of Yuu like that first night. They both want to be top, but also love each other very much, they will concede to each other.
I am completely over 50/50.

This is a wonderful chapter. Nakatani showed real passion between lovers. Bravo.

P.S. Sorry my bad english.

I never understand the obsession with tops and bottoms, in fictional characters no less. Maybe I live in a Switch Universe, where roles are not a thing. Or something.

last edited at Aug 29, 2019 4:07PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I kinda expected this rushed story development before One got released since their previous project - Pets' Aesthetics gave me the warnings that it would just be same when the story looked very promising at first but eventually turned out that nothing could be considered as amazing plot. Not to mention the fact that both Team Gaji (mostly Alggumba - the writer) and Korean readers don't like Seju as much as Sungji and Sumin, since their taste is something fresh, innocent, pure, cute. So this really explains their impatience to write a good, realistic, proper ending for Seju x Won as they just can't wait to move onto Sumin x Sungji's happy life 3 years later and their next project as well.

Well Pet’s Aesthetics could be longer, but to be fair, it actually does have a good story as far as short stories go. At the very least it is consistent throughout in terms of characterization and pace, something that cannot be said about WDTFS.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

BTW it depends on where in Asia. My gf is from northern China and over there girls are pretty tough, probably due to Russian influence.

Near as I'm aware mainstream Russian culture goes for decidedly demure "traditional femininity" model though. More likely that's a legacy of the various (now mostly Sinicized) steppe peoples of the area, who nigh-universally had relatively egalitarian gender roles by olden-time standards, and the by necessity more rough-and-ready "frontier society" of the comparatively harsh transitional zone between the steppes proper and regions more conductive to large-scale settled agriculture.

Damn Dynasty is culture!

Well about the Russian girls, mamahuhu has some videos showing them as pretty hardcore lol That might be a Chinese view on Russians though. Again, this is a humor YouTube channel we are talking about, so take everything with a grain of salt...

But yeah I like the Mongol influence interpretation.

last edited at Aug 29, 2019 3:36PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

But sorry, no, Yuu is clearly in charge in bed. Touko is consistently hesitant to act but REALLY seems to enjoy it when Yuu takes charge, while Yuu seems perfectly happy to be the initiator of affection. This plays out in their relationship all over the manga. ;p

This actually sheds a whole new light on that crucial equipment shed kiss scene (and its pre-play rooftop echo). While it might seem as if Touko was just being aggressive and Yuu was being shy or reticent about sexual intimacy, the only problem for Yuu actually was the then-current definition of their relationship. If you look at the situation from Touko's POV, her desire for Yuu to initiate the kiss (while it certainly was about getting a sign of reciprocal desire from Yuu, as it seemed to be at the time) can also be seen as a move to have Yuu take charge in a sexual way more generally. If so, issue now resolved.

Great analysis, I totally agree. Touko was always trying to lure Yuu into taking charge and now she definitely got what she wanted.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Well, this entire story is ironic then since it could be said Sungji was the homewrecker. After all, she got involved with her BOSS, even after suspecting said boss already had a partner, as she admitted at some point in the story. I am highly suspicious of very innocent-acting women anyway...

BTW it depends on where in Asia. My gf is from northern China and over there girls are pretty tough, probably due to Russian influence.

Funny video for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbiIu_EzuWk

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 9:24PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

eikichi: you seem to have suddenly changed your mind about the story quality, since up to 1 or 2 chapters ago you had high hopes still? What made you change your opinion? Curious to know. I actually found the last chapter cute once I lowered my expectations.

As for the piracy issue, it is pretty unfair for the author to lash out considering just because you are an international reader, doesn’t mean you don’t pay; I paid in Lezhin and then all over again in tappytoon for the story. So it seems odd they would right away make this assumption.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I have checked their twitter account and I only see a dog lol that explains a lot, somehow

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 8:45PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Wasn’t Team GJ a team of 2 people, the writer and the person who draws? Is “alggumba” a tweet for both of these people or only the person who draws?

I have the impression that the writer is no longer in the picture here, which might be the simplest explanation as to why the quality declined so rapidly. We might very well have another Sabu case here (author of Citrus): mad drawing skills, shit writing skills.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Well, but about what? I would be totally fine if next chapter Won gets revealed as an assassin after all, and Seju sends her to "erase" Sungji as revenge and proof of love. But Seju turned out to be mostly a good person rather than someone truly selfish (boooring), and Won...doesn't seem to be much of anything at all. So I guess the Will story is going to be just about Sungji and Sumin having tea.

BTW I am technically still waiting for the ending foreshadowed by Sumin and Sunhwa's conversation, which implied Sumin and Seju would go back to being friends or something once Seju no longer cared. That's not what we got in One, they just ignored each other. It's possible the author forgot about it long ago though, not like their story-writing has been any good.

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 6:39AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Totally! They should have like a slice of life series.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

So looks like One is going to end next week. A relief to be honest. At least this last chapter was cute.

Wonder what the SuminxSungji story is going to be about. Is it wrong that I want it to be a breakup story? Those 2 are annoying af

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Oh my gosh. This was beautiful. I have nothing else to say.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018
  1. Seju: marriage material but the type to fight a lot
  2. Sunhwa (she actually had more backbone than Sungji and Won combined — the irony): standard marriage material
  3. Sungji’s childhood friend; chill gal with a personality, also marriage material
  4. Sumin as an adult: bitchy, indecisive and hot, great for a rollercoaster relationship but would marry only if ok with being blamed for every problem in the relationship
  5. Nami: the awesome friend you pair up with to go pick up girls at clubs and hook up with if neither of you scored that night
  6. CEO girl: great as friends with benefits that you have intellectual convos with and can introduce you to more hot successful girls

Everybody else I would pass.

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 11:37PM

matsuri_wins
Octave discussion 21 Aug 08:14
joined Feb 18, 2018

Like, I really love Nananan Kiriko’s work, but I don’t really seek it out at times when the world already feels like shit—like most of this decade.

Whatever do you mean?

https://me.me/i/all-of-america-right-now-were-fine-this-is-fine-3812980

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Oh jeez that’s like extreme Deus Ex Machina. It’s probably a call telling her Won was hired by her bro.

Since they called at night time, I would guess it's about something more serious.

It’s unfortunate, I thought Won was going to be an assassin and have a lot of scenes related to that :( it was my height of hopes for the story

Dowon is kinda a helpless character imo. At first, I found her boring since she was like Sungji 2.0. Now, I find her pitiful since it seems she is just another young Sumin.

Are you saying young Sumin, Sungji and now Dowon are NOT the same person? They seem exactly the same to me lol As I said in a previous post, Team GJ has only 2 characters in their stories, Nice (Pushover) Girl and Cold (Mean) Girl.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

lol eikichi you are overthinking this. Isn't it clear yet? The message from Team GJ has always been that True Love(tm) is the teenager-type love where the person "just right for you" is right because they "accept you completely" (aka being a lame pushover). Look no further than Sungji.

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 19 Aug 18:39
joined Feb 18, 2018

Well she better write a makeout scene in the next chapter then! What is this manga for lol

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

And the worst part is that I have no clue about what could happen for Kaoru to realize she is attracted to Uta...the situation is so complicated :( maybe if there is a time skip...

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

did yall see that this shit was getting an english release or did i miss that whole discussion
im afraid of preordering in case this really does end up bombing but man the cover art for them is beautiful.

volumethree

like damn it's really tempting

Gosh I am such a UtaxKaoru shipper, if this story has any other ending I will flip out lol Kaoru, please open your eyes and stop being so useless!

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

This series is milked to no end omg. Wonder if that call is going to be related to Won's ex now.

If this story were longer, I would want it to be a call from someone informing about Dowon's parents' death. Just wanna see if Seju has learned something.

Oh jeez that’s like extreme Deus Ex Machina. It’s probably a call telling her Won was hired by her bro. It’s unfortunate, I thought Won was going to be an assassin and have a lot of scenes related to that :( it was my height of hopes for the story

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Lol seems like some failed to see that Team Gaji indicates Seju is the one who has been trying so hard to use sex to escape from reality (which is a toxic method she had been doing with Sumin for these 10 years) and also run away from the pain she got after knowing the truth about her mother's death. First time is Sumin, now it's her mother or might even be because she was touched for being treated nicely. Meanwhile Won is the one who is showing her sex is not a way to erase or hide your pain. So that from now on they will learn how to love and be loved in a right away, and just take it slow. Don't push yourself so hard for something out of reach. It's just as simple as that...

Well but Won is not showing her anything, given that rather than — god forbid — talking/spending time together, they did go straight to sex for a 2nd time lol I don’t think Team GJ is thinking so hard about the story tbh

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I at least expected (hoping) that they would know when to stop? Like ok, we had the happy ending last chapter. Now they're dragging this more? It gets to a point of it being annoying.

LOL same. They need to forget about this shitty side story and move on, it’s already a bad mark on their track record.

Also saying that Seju was crying over Sumin is a bit baseless, unless we actually have proof. They tried so hard making Seju over Sumin all these chapters. They didn't even talk to each other in that company speaking.
According to this whole development of the story, Seju was more than likely crying about how nice it felt for someone to treat her this nicely. Won-ah is a very endearing way to call her, so it's safe to say she's already very fond of her.

Also In case they start with the Sumin thing again, this will be a way worse development at this point.

The makeout scene sucked tbh. Again I am not sure why they jump straight to sexy scenes when this time they cannot even show it fully; why instead not spend a chapter with them getting to know each other? Lol why are Seju and Sumin the only couple with romantic dialogue conversations in this story, getting to know each other, while the other 2 say hi and have sex and we are supposed to just go along with it like that’s love? Lolll

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

At this point I think the possibility that indicates “less terrible writing” is that Seju is indeed totally over Sumin, as apparently shown in the Seoul chapter, and that she was crying because she is being treated nicely.

It just feels extremely out of place because it was so fast, in a disjointed manner — like, Seju and Won still seemed very distant just before the crazy bro situation, with Seju having flashbacks of Sumin during sex and whatnot; cut to drama; Seju totally changes behaviour in a week; and now she likes Won a lot?

Also Won has literally zero personality development at this point. She makes all the criticism about Sungji lacking development seem like nitpicking in comparison.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Welp. I've run out of comments to make about this. Curious to know what others think at least.