Forum › Posts by herenowforever

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

How do these wonky nonsensical genders work again? The betas are equal to our standard genders? The Alphas are the dominant hermaphrodite genders? And the omegas are the submissive hermaphrodite genders? Is that right? Honestly I think I need some sort of visual aid, like a chart or a graph, to keep it all straight.

Beta = usually regular human. No over the top rutting/horny mode.
Omega = Submissive, throws out super pheromones alphas cannot resist. In standard omegaverse, male omega can conceive and give birth (which is why this thing came to be originally, BL impregnation).
Alpha = Competitive and territorial, goes crazy for omega pheromones. Depending on the setting, female omegas may have something akin to penis that can be used to impregnate an omega.

Are writers consistent with this stuff? Not really, everyone has their own rules.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
_thodes_-1661195045247287296-img1

Proper Cluelessbian.

last edited at May 29, 2023 6:53PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
Mirror

Arai Sumiko's art is just extremely good.

Unlike in many other serials, the world Arai shows to readers is little bit scruffy and lived in, things aren't perfect and there's tons of detail to be enjoyed. Which means you can just sink in the story easily as it doesn't look like a body soap or makeup commercial.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ninjas choppin' some minions.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

So Aikawa is clearly Katagiri's closet key. Rest of the story directly is quite vague, but it usually takes a volume or so to get things going.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

More likely scenario is Mai will tell/ask Tae about romance and then Tae will avoid Mai after realizing how her first love will never come to pass because of the age gap. Maybe throw in some guilt about keeping Mai from people her own age as well.... then Mai will chase after Tae!

I feel like Mai will give the boy a "let me think about it", go through a short arc of figuring out her feelings (possibly by asking Tae about love, giving us flustered Tae comedy), then turn him down when she realizes she loves Tae.

Pretty much this, random-kun is just a plot device to spice things up. I hope the pace will pick up and we get more time skip's. It's cute and all but I wouldn't mind Mai getting older so things become more interesting.

But that would kill the main focus I guess

This one got axed, ending at chapter 32. Looks like one of those "this is last physical volume, so that's all space you have left" deals. Barring some omake epilogue.

I don't disagree with what is happening in the story (already read 31 with a final little reveal about Tae's past), but the pace is not going to be good. Unlike in most stories of this type, Tae is not a pedophile. She fell in love with Mai, because she looks like a gorgeous young adult model and her kindness. Mai's age is a true bother to her, to put it mildly. Which almost necessitates a lot of internal drama and some kind of solid decisions for it to make sense.

But being like this, it would have been better not to introduce those other kids and save those chapters for this last part to do it some justice.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

it’s okay if it’s generic when do they kiss

This is pretty much how I feel about new yuri works, lol!

Outrageous demands these days! Youth of today are not happy with abject tragedy or annoying ambiguity of Class Tropical Fish Yearns For A Man Chu. A true disaster, let me tell you!

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

That beggining...I feel like I'm going through a deja vu

Just for lulz, I asked Bingbot to write me a poem:

Once more, the same old scene
The prince is wrathful and obscene
He slanders the villainess with wicked lies
And shatters their engagement with cold goodbyes

The audience gasps and recoils
The villainess bleeds and boils
She begs for a chance to clear her name
But all her words are in vain

I witness this spectacle repeat
I feel a pang of ennui and defeat
I've read this plot a hundred times
It never varies in its rhymes

Can't they spice up the script a little?
Can't they grant the villainess some mettle?
Can't they soften the prince's heart?
Can't they alter the story's start?

I yawn and shut the book I hold
I yearn for something fresh and bold
But I know tomorrow I'll return
To read another deja vu spurn

last edited at May 25, 2023 3:14AM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's always fun when two ladies just unabashedly fangirl each other.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I think this is the fourth or fifth series I've read with this start... looks good tho

This kind of start is a full blown trope at this point. It's like if you want to have Otome or Villainess Yuri, this is almost "required".

Like Isekai with that darned truck, or shounen action series having a main lead who screams loudly (dumb happy main hero is almost as common, but occasionally MC can also be sharp).

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

God all that sexism and heteronormativity in the workplace is so real. It’s slowly getting better but still way too common

It will stay that way.

People kind of have to assume something, and so the default is that everyone can like someone from opposite sex. Combined straight + bi population is vastly larger than homosexual one.

So you need to make it really clear and be outspoken if you want to avoid awkward passes from opposite sex, especially at a company party where people get tipsy. Coming out doesn't end up in one time...

Also, Hiroko's epic failure at boasting her breadwinning capabilities was funny as hell.

last edited at May 24, 2023 2:50PM

herenowforever
Episode 16 discussion 23 May 17:52
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ooffadelic.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
Img_5193

Asking advice from a veteran, eh?

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Even fate struggles against Hiro-senpai's antics. When will these bar-crossed lovers get together?

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

oh my god kase's not the only one being stupid. roomie doesnt know that she herself is gay. she said that to mean "as a friend" but she doesnt know that she doesnt like kase as a friend. oh NO

That's a very Japanese way with dealing things, like giving someone a second chance to walk back a statement or hinting you don't want to do something without saying it directly.

Suki is a very convenient word for that, and aishiteiru is not that commonly used.

Kase isn't particularly thrilled about coming out when she's living with another woman in a school dorm, nor does she want to out anyone else.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
Slowrider88-1658765934423670786-img1

All boxed in and ready to blow.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Hurray for lesbian bars, I guess?

In lesbian bars, they know all about pussy.

Go to a lesbian bar, and the cat is out of the bag. Reasonable.

Except not really.

Lot of straight girls go to lesbian bars on a dare, or to find a place where obnoxious guys don't hit on them all the time, so they can drink in relative peace.

last edited at May 20, 2023 5:42PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

... well this suddenly got boring, I don't care about any of this clothing stuff but it increasingly seems this is the main focus of this manga

the subtext tag is mocking us right now

... and I'm going to be honest with you, I don't think we even saw subtext yet :P

Subtext would already be something real that you can at least infer from the context. Right now it's just two bitchy sales girls arguing. Not unheard of that turning into love, but it actually would have to happen first.

Friends and rivals don't automatically turn into fuck buddies, even Yuri binoculars don't have such ability. :)

last edited at May 20, 2023 11:52AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
87492484_p0

Poor girl is experiencing very intense gayfusion.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Anyone who hasn't yet, do read all the chapters, because otherwise 17 will seem utterly insane, instead of just crazy and Nanase having a brain seizure from overstimulation.

Right now chapters 10 and 11 aren't here, and those have a bunch of context to understand Fuuko and Yuni bit better.

last edited at May 18, 2023 2:43PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I feel like Volume 4 is going to be the final volume of this series does anyone else think so as well?

Just 3-4 more chapters? Dunno, unless Nanase and Yuni just agree to be Fuuko's meat-slaves for rest of their lives.

See, Nanase hasn't even fucked her blonde runner friend yet, that friend is always slobbering to be able to get in her running pants. That has been hinted at several times.

last edited at May 18, 2023 9:10AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Okay, I'll bite. What's 'misogynistic lookism'?

Some nonsense a regular commenter here projected on the story during its entire run instead of simply dropping the story like a sensible person would with something they irrationally hate. The misguided idea is that because the girls wanted to be conventionally pretty instead of accepting their natural looks they are somehow gears in the patriarchic system and only do it to appeal to the male gaze.

You should not throw them a bone.

lol whoever said that bs should grow up

Also, such term is far more applicable to some dude who goes off when woman isn't in full set of perfect makeup all the time. Yes, idiots like that do exist, especially among "trad men" who want their wimmin quiet, pretty and servile.

If it's just two women who date and both like makeup and whatever like it was a shared hobby, context is entirely different. Nobody is making demands.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ema blaming Ayame for the break up because she "did too much" was insane tho
And then Ayame agrees and goes "yeah blabla my ego"

What kind of backwards thinking is this, boyfriend was a pos that left all the housework on her shoulders(like many men do) and its somehow her fault it didn't work out??? What was the mangaka thinking with this bs

Just accept what was actually on the page.

Why is it backwards thinking if that guy didn't want to be obsessively pampered and left her? Not to mention she clearly did that to other people too, and they left as well.

last edited at May 17, 2023 5:11AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
107867134_p0

"Yuri is my work" is probably the best yuri serialization running, if you look at it from multiple angles and throw whatever preferences you personally have on the topic away. It's just... comprehensive is the word that comes to mind. It does take a bit of time to get rolling, but once it sticks you can't really stop reading.

It does not play coy with how crushes, sexual attraction and sex is, for example like by scoring third base doesn't automatically mean you have a permanently locked in relationship. It does not go overboard with it either, things work mostly like such affairs are between young adults in real world.

There are players, girls who are too stubborn or possessive, those who don't want to get involved but are forced to, talking sometimes makes things worse and is not universal antidote to problems, various traumas based on bad previous experiences, workplace not meshing well with your romance or fights, women are not really saints nor devils but something more complicated, etc.

last edited at May 16, 2023 7:00AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

-About 5 minutes ago-
Hmm, Gehenna. That’s a biblical expression, isn’t it?
One Google search later…
Ah, it’s Hell. Lovely.

Yeah… I think I’ll wait for all the chapters to be uploaded before trying out this one.

To be exact, Gehenna is a valley in modern day Israel. Place was used to burn children that were sacrificed in religious rituals to deity Moloch.

Which sort of makes this even more creepy.

last edited at May 15, 2023 2:49AM