Forum › Posts by Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006
Anime season 20 Nov 15:36
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

So, its a reverse harem?... Ugh, I can barely put up with normal harems... ty for the scene and gifs tho.

Not gonna watch the anime.

Ah I like this anime site you linked, the ones I used take forever to load for some reason, and keep popping ads even with adblocker.

Yeah no, don't watch it.
I only read the manga out of absolute thirst, and just wanted to share that [ironic] yuri stuff happened, somewhere this season, even if it isn't plot-wise substantial, nor the kind of plot you'd want to see it from
And cool, glad it works better for you, tho the problem with it is that it doesn't necessarily upload every anime (you wouldn't find older ones on the site, for example)
The other one I go to is http://anilinkz.io/, which has more

Also Dragon Yuri incoming ~

I'm not a big fan of Cool's art style, like, it's fine but he's just a bad artist tbh, despite all the experience he probably has. Knowing that Kyoani is making it makes me pretty hyped. The style will be very different from Cool's which will probably seem strange at first because we just aren't used to it, but still, I think it looks amazing. I hope Kyoani gays it up somehow

Man, that anime is a cesspool of sexism, lesbophobia, misogyny... it's appalling. But Shima was such a good character, I watched some parts of it but I couldn't stand it.

As for this season, Rifle is Beautiful is very fun and relaxed, definitely recommend it.
Kadagawa Jet Club, I started watching it for the yuri and stayed for the yuri. Thankfully, there has been way less fanservice than I thought and it isn't really annoying to see, since there are no men either. Would be better if they toned it down, but it isn't annoying per-se in this case, thankfully. Main pair is amazing.
I plan to watch Houkago Saikoro Club which seems fun.

Darkmaster006
Quilt Queen discussion 19 Nov 18:37
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

The. Best. <3.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

This was a bit weird and hard to follow tbh?

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

I love this one so much I come back everyone once in a while to read the two chapters. It's just so nice??

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

That girl will go far in life.

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

That Aoi is like a proto Kase San

Spot on. Overall, cute.

Darkmaster006
Amanchu! discussion 27 Nov 10:32
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Well, I'm glad I didn't start the manga, glad there's this discussion thingy or I'd have fallen right into it at some point. I haven't even watched season 2. I guess I'll just stay with my fond memories of Season 1.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

The response "me too" may seem awkward to "I love you", but it isn't really and no, not because only fairly socially awkward people say it. It works as an informal response such that the person is saying "me as well" to the statement "I love you" which has been generalized. So, even though they're saying "me too" they're actually meaning "I love you as well".

From my diligent research on the topic I have determined that substantial number of English-speakers find "me too" a perfectly appropriate response to "I love you", while others think it's ungrammatical. So to some extent, I believe the question of whether it's a good translation depends on what variety of English you speak. In some dialects or sociolects, it might be a fine answer in any circumstance, while in others it would sound awkward in most circumstances, and in others yet would be wrong in any circumstance. So there might be some cases where the translation isn't wrong or bad, it's just that the translator's English is a little different from the English you know (though of course there are also cases where the translator don't know English good or makes a careless mistake).

Personally, if I said "I love you" to someone and they said "me too" I'd know exactly what they meant: "I too love you." I doubt that anyone would actually misunderstand and confuse the meaning for "I love me too". Someone might say that as a joke, but it's not a serious interpretation of the statement. However, in some circumstances, saying "me too" would come across as insincere.

Advice on usage: when your significant other is feeling vulnerable or uncertain and says, "I love you," in a desperate or plaintive tone do not answer with "me too."

I took it as Chidori struggling to say something and blurting out whatever first came to her mind so that Nanoha wouldn't leave the room.

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Are there any new volumes out? :(