Forum › Posts by kimou

joined Mar 20, 2012

I just want to say, I spent all day yesterday catching up (still haven't read the anime specials) and this is probably the weirdest and most thoughtful series I have read lately. The amount of character introspection and development is just insane. I don't know how the author handled it so well, their writing is just OP.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know if the LN is translated somewhere?

joined Mar 20, 2012

You could probably mod Sekiro to have a female protagonist, make the divine child older and a princess and boom you kinda have this storyline with some really great gameplay.

Damn me that I never learnt how to model 3D characters correctly.

kimou
Killing Me! discussion 16 Jun 20:51
joined Mar 20, 2012

Idk but I always think about the YouTube web series before the novel when seeing Carmilla

joined Mar 20, 2012

Where are the raws being published? I don't see them in pixiv

joined Mar 20, 2012

Is the book she is holding in the last chapter meaningful in some way?

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012

This has to be the most commented manga in this site, just wow.

Lately none of the new manga has hit this sweet spot of slow burn for me.

joined Mar 20, 2012

That credit page lol, I thought it was random loren ipsum and nope it was something I would actually read.

Is this really a love triangle? The MC crush is likely going to move from prez to little sister without prez ever being aware of it.

joined Mar 20, 2012

This is like a shorter version of Yuri Kagi (by Seta Seta), a single-volume manga that has tragically not been translated into English. Almost makes me want to do it myself so everyone else can enjoy it as much as I do.

Yuri Kagi is great, an extremely enjoyable yuri love comedy. It's not translated to English, but it's completely translated to Spanish. In case anyone is interested, link follows:

https://lectortmo.com/library/manga/43841/yuri-kagi

Thanks for the link, it was so moronXmoron. Loved it

joined Mar 20, 2012

I liked this a lot, also the author kind of reminds me of Byleth from three houses, if both protagonists changed eye color they would be Edelgard and Byleth .

joined Mar 20, 2012

I just finished reading all the translated LN chapters, and... I love Aya and her perversion ok, her POV's are amazing, and seeing the art by Yukiko is something else.

It felt really toxic at the beginning, but after the first half of the first volume I started to really like it, especially when Marika started to become a lot more dere and Aya revealed why she wanted to buy her just to protect her.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I liked the ending, it was pretty sweet

joined Mar 20, 2012

hi do you also have some wlw fantasy novels that are monogamus and also ofc end up in an happy ending with an girl???

I read a lot and for a gentle start Georgia Beers has a lot of really cute plots in her books (I recommend reading the summaries in her goodreads). For good plots + well written sex scenes Meghan O'Brien is amazing and can do no wrong.

Some of my favorite books are Mending Defects by Lynn Gallin (lesbians in the Alps, one is new to the neighborhood), Those Who Wait by Haley Cass (it was the most upvoted f/f fanfic in the GoT fandom before it was published), Ambereye (the main relationship it's hilarious and one of them is a werewolf that mates for life) and Broken Wings (a fairy escaped from her country because it's a dictatorship and it's really funny and heartbreaking with a happy ending).

joined Mar 20, 2012

All of the series are different worlds/timelines so it doesn’t matter which series you start with. Really depends on what you like. I personally recommend Ancient Dreams first so you ease into his writing style. Here’s also a basic rundown of each of his series:

Ancient Dreams- Elves, dryads, demons. His first work so it’s a simple fantasy. It’s about an old deity/spirit MC who wakes up after years of being trapped in a necklace and finds the world changed. Gets involved with some kind of sinster plot that involves a brainwashed goddess, an elven princess, and a whole bunch of other cool side characters.

Through the Fire- MC is an elf but her entire village basically gets burned down and killed by a dragon. Her “crush” also get captured by said dragon while she herself basically loses her arm and her magic core. She vows to save the girl she loves but she has to get powerful enough to do so and that’s hard when ur legit a cripple.

Beesong Chronicles- BEEGIRLS. Forget about cat girls, beegirls are far superior. MC used to be a Bee but then becomes a beegirl because a god won a bet or something and all the bees got turned into demi-humans. Super funny, cute, and lovely. Still lots of action and is the only series of his where the MC doesn’t really end up with a harem of girls.

Lilith’s shadow- Sci-fi fantasy? Basically superheros and MC is the creation/daughter of a notorious supervillain. MC tries to steps out of the shadows of her creator’s past and find her own identity. Super cool alt-world building and lots of interesting female hero love interests.

Mantles of Power- Angels and Demons. MC is sort of a fallen angel who may or may not have accidentally landed into the arms of a demoness and then falls in love with her.

Dusk Gate- New series, but in the same universe of Through the Fire. MC is a cynical mage-elf that was imprisoned in some demon’s castle as a slave for a few centuries till some adventures accidentally free her. No development in romance yet but a few love interests on the horizon.

All of them have poly endings, except for Beesong Chronicles and all of them are really good, especially if you like fantasy.

Thanks a lot for the summaries!!! All of them look awesome, Through the Fire legit sounds like a mix between the plots of skyrim and dragon's dogma (videogames). I need to look into getting them for the weekend

joined Mar 20, 2012

That was nice, but ultimately unfulfilling. Has there ever been a poly manga with a nice, satisfying ending (h-doujins excluded)? I'd honestly really like to read one.

Never read a poly manga/manhwa/manhua with a nice poly ending unless it is a straight harem novel.....or one of those reverse harems where the girl says "let's all just stay friends!" For some reason, Yuri and Yaoi tend to be more monogamous with a 1v1 end-game couple.

You could always try the poly tag on dynasty scans but most of the manga there are either one-shots or really short manga that most often doesn't have a satisfying ending and/or enough development.

That said, I have read a few novels that have good poly endings! Benjamin Medrano is a great fantasy wlw writer who's written quite a few series with female MCs ending up with a bunch of girls. So if you're fine with reading 300-400 paged books instead then check his works out.

Sorry for intruding but with which book/series would you recommend starting?

joined Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know where to get the raws? I didn't see anything in weibo

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012

That last volume was totally worth reading the first three, I never did end up liking the prota (he was too dumb) but I ended up liking the teacher, and the last chapter was 10/10.

Overall I would have liked reading the last volume by itself a lot more.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I am confused, the other girl is just starting to fall in love with her and that is why is still unrequited? Am I too optimistic?

joined Mar 20, 2012

The Spanish version is on chapter 18. The Yuri just keeps getting better.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Nikaido-san might want to learn from a certain model from a certain visual novel who wanted to show off her lover's beauty but regretted it in the end. Though the damage has been done and said lover's beauty created an impact albeit shown for a day only. Rumor has it that the model has been reaping the consequences of her action up until now.

Is that a motherf*ckin' SONO HANABIRA reference?! XD

Which one? I want to play it now! I played until the nurse/student (maybe it was a teacher? I don't remember that well) 5 years ago, and I kind of want to look through them again.

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012

I didn't understand anything, quite interesting, but the fuck...? No one is dead? What?

I am going to have to reread this, I am as confused as I can get.

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012

I'm really sad this ended. a very solid manga and one of the best yuri animes I have seen. Hope it gets a second season. Loved how it ended, very thankful of all these happy endings lately. This could be a bit innocent of me, but the turn to well-made stories made into anime that get popular could finally help introduce same-sex marriage in Japan.

When A Room For Two ends I won't have manga I will be following as strictly :( (well Virgin's Empire but that one is not in the same realm as these xD)

It's October, can I already wish for a 2020 with a lot of good manga and anime with yuri? I need more anime, recommendations to melancholy watch after this?

joined Mar 20, 2012

I finally found it in Spanish! It's in chapter 16 right now <3.

If there are translation issues I can translate it from Spanish, probably not as good as doing it from Japanese though

You can still try to contact the team who work on it to see if they still on it or dropped it. I mean, it's not like doing translations from Spanish will hurt too much from raws.

It looks like they dropped it in Spanish too, chapter 15 was uploaded way back in May :(

joined Mar 20, 2012

I finally found it in Spanish! It's in chapter 16 right now <3.

If there are translation issues I can translate it from Spanish, probably not as good as doing it from Japanese though

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012

I just finished the anime, amazing world building <3. I read a lot of manga, fanfic and see a lot of anime, it was pretty good, something like 8/10. I need to get back into seeing more Fantasy settings, isekai has really ruined it for me.

The relationship between all the characters it's really good, I don't mind that it's going to end because it had a good run, and the author can go back into creating even more amazing manga (with real animal ears this time xD).