Forum › Posts by Ishi Tsuki

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

When an artist makes makes cute & happy stuff as well as Dark & gritty stuff. They gain more respect from me because it means they're experimenting. And experimenting is a glorious thing to do when making any kind of art. I means that the artist is willing to take risks. And its because of risk's that we strive and get further in life.

Not to mention getting a deeper understanding of what can make people tick. I don't have any weird fetish myself (I don't think) but I love fetish stories for that reason, It gives you things to think about, there's always some deep, dark lesson to be learnt. Mainly that people are all damaged in one way or another and everyone deals with it and heals in his own way, be it sweet tender love or "please fuck me up" passion. And there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't break your lover's bones in real life... Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Changed 1 line on page 10 since it was mistranslated. It makes Hinoko more adorable with how sneaky and playful she was to get Kaharu to feed her ;3

Oh so that's why she's described as ambidextrous in the first place, makes a lot more sense now, cuuute

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 4:20PM

Ishi Tsuki
Miman discussion 28 Jan 15:01
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Hmm art is nice and all but anyone else feels this author... sucks? Half-assed characters and storylines, empty drama, all the while predenting to be poetic or something. Even the few stories that offer an actual conclusion felt empty and unsatisfying. Kind of pissed me off honestly
Or was the meaning of life somewhere in there and I just didn't get it?

That yuri-hime Tankōbon afterword made of yuri clichés was fun though

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 3:18PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I swear I didn't scanlate this because it's my fetish or anything. Honest.

I think you and I might be two peas in a pod, my friend. I think it's sweet and romantic to have a woman whisper "please hurt me" in my ear.

Mind you, this comic involves causing actual damage, which ain't my bag. But I can certainly appreciate the contours of the story if not the details.

Word.

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

That cover art :)

Yet another weird love story turning out for the "best", I love those (wtf is wrong with me ahah?)

I wish there was a tiny bit more to it but I like

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 12:40AM

Ishi Tsuki
Touhou Newbie 27 Jan 23:51
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

@Cyfer, Reizetsu and Ropponmatsu (obviously) Yay more authors Arigatou gozaimasu

Foe Yay is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I like it on principle but it's like a tsundere x tsundere pairing, When the tsun side gets too much in the way of the dere side I quickly lose interest, it's a difficult balance to achieve. When it's well executed however there's nothing like it ;) I'll be sure to give Satou Memeko a try

Ishi Tsuki
Touhou Newbie 27 Jan 23:18
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

@Nezchan I'm going to keep your post as quick reference. And I gotta say I only came accross her a few times but Meiling definitly caught my eye. Seems like Meiling x Sakuya is a popular pairing, I'm getting fired up now

@Shynaku Yeah it is pretty overwhelming. I see what you mean about circumventing world building, it makes it harder to access but it is definitely a good thing. Guess I was completely wrong saying "there's not that much to know", it's more like there's a boatload of tiny things that slowly build the world and our dreams once you start being able to piece them together. And it can only grow from there.I'll still start with the official works to get more familiar with it all but I'll keep your advice in mind. It's not like I was on my wedding night anyway I'm not gonna force myself to go all the way.

@Norainhere Wow those IOSYS videos. I want to say "and now for something completely different". I just might enjoy that kind of thing. If anything the sheer number of pairing makes me even more eager. More yuri is always good.

@Vankomycin I'm glad I'm not alone. issho ni ganbatte ne

The touhou wiki looks like a great ressource but if at all possible I'm going to avoid it. It's a bit like reading a book with a dictionary on the side, kinda breaks the fun for me

Thanks for all the imput everyone

Ishi Tsuki
Favorite Manga 27 Jan 22:35
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

hello there person, you should read sunstone, its a webcomic and very relevant to your interest. Got that rec on one of the topics here at dynasty, blew my mind with just how good it was. Also, the entire series is about the evolving relationship between the two women who are heading the cast, and they have really well written personalities.

Thank you! I read the first volume way back when and totally forgot it even existed. While the western style is not that appealing to me it was a great read (and well, I can't deny it's beautiful, for western art :p). I see it has 5 volumes now. Sweet.

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Moar Takeshisu? Already? Now we're just getting spoiled Arigatou gozaimasu, sensei!

Ishi Tsuki
Touhou Newbie 27 Jan 09:44
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Many thanks to you both, it helps a lot. Too bad there's no yuri tag on the offiicial works but I suppose some restraint will only make quenching my thirst more satisfying when the time comes

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu Ganbarimasu!

Ishi Tsuki
Touhou Newbie 27 Jan 08:16
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

So I'm just about ready to start walking the danmaku path. But before I start...

In most doujins the exposition and characterization is obviously minimal since it's assumed we're already familiar with the setting. Thing is after looking around (not for long I admit) it seems that there's not that much to know about the characters or the world. However I still feel lost in a unknown universe whenever I read a touhou Dj... Should I just suck it up? Could you tell me more? (I guess I should just read the transcripts before asking but meh...)

I know about Nakatani Nio, Pigeonblood, Cloud Palette and Vivit Gray. Could you recommend some more good authors?

Sorry if such a topic already exists I couldn't find it, and thanks!

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 8:20AM

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

2/2 thank you! For some reason I thought the art looked like Husky and Medley, way cuter than I remember. Plus high school girl who are neither dense nor in denial, is this really yuri :p?

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Yup, thank you!

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Hi I'm trying to find an author. No idea how many stories he/she published but iirr the bulk of it was laid-back conversations between two high school girls. The one detail I remember is: while chilling in her friend's room one of the girl says that she's afraid of death because then they couldn't ever see each other anymore. The other girl takes a second to think about it and gets really scared at the idea. Also in one of the stories one of the girl might have been a programmer or at least very good with computers...

Also Sweet guilty love bites reminded me of something I'd like to read again. It's pretty much the same storyline from the PoV of the teacher, she's fed up with being being single and meets a single mother while visiting her students' parents. As she gets to know her it turns out the mom works as a hostess. In this one however I'm pretty sure the teacher feels guilty about being hot for her student's mother