Forum › Posts by riverFlower

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
Fdemv2iwyayty1k-orig

Of note is that this was used for an exclusive memo in the Chinese server of Magia Record.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Regardless if you use Google translate or Deepl, 50% is an extremely generous evaluation of MTL accuracy.

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 4:58PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Lovely sex scene. Funny how the immersion of it was a sharp contrast to Haru trying to pleasure Hii-chan and failing. Felt pretty realistic.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

That's so weird that it's gone. There might be a way to look up the original thread through a 4chan mirror but I'm pretty clueless on how to do that.

Found some stuff after searching around. Will update if there's more.
English TL of Husky/Medley's earliest random 2ch update: https://web.archive.org/web/20130429223646/http://chanarchive.org/4chan/u/25032/random-hasumedo-update
Traditional Chinese translation of things up through 2016 and maybe 2018: https://husmedgojitudann.blogspot.com/
Weibo of that Traditional Chinese TL group: https://weibo.com/u/5185989941

last edited at Mar 17, 2022 4:09AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It will not be paywalled next chapter. That starts in three chapters.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Ch1 and ch5 were lovely. They were, respectively, great showcases of two women being absolutely committed to each other and a reminder of the society that they have to deal with regardless. Ch6 was adorable for how they've started doing what they can together for each other.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Yeah I didn't have time to write up notes this week, but it's clear there's a Wizard of Oz connection between all the references, not just the story Elsa tells. Elsa's last name is "Dorothy," the kingdom's name is Aosi in Chinese, which while we have rendered as "Aus[land]", we mostly did so to avoid the more common rendition of it as "Oz." I don't really know where Chise was going with this, though, since at least plot-wise, I haven't seen any similarities at all.

Isn't it just a nudge-nudge-wink-wink reference to an iconic piece of gay symbology?

I'm not really sure how well known the Wizard of Oz is in China for being a gay symbol, but it could be thought of as one of the first modern isekais. Also notable is that the bedtime story Elsa tells is only an Oz reference in the manhua. It's not an Oz reference in the webnovel.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Brilliant twist and they certainly deserve each other. I'm fascinated at how enraptured Shiratori was by her own face. The fact that she would call it love hits hard in such a twisted way.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Classic not knowing what to call the feeling and still just being friends. That poison and rust analogy though. Got to love that. Must be why Sawara randomly got the soda. Neat synthesis of ideas with Sawara feeling love was a poison while Ayako felt that far from rusting her heart, love made her feel more alive.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

As always, thank you, Silver Garden. I was pretty worried in the direction it was taking Yachiyo but everything was right in the end. The timeline set up with this happening after ch4 and leading into MHT was interesting but worked well.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Cute one-shot! Pretty typical plot but pretty artwork and eyes.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Just so everyone is aware, this series is now complete! It had to end abruptly due to the authors personal circumstances.

What's the source for the series ending specifically because of personal circumstances? I've looked through all their comments on the Kuaikan app from December through January without seeing anything they said about that.

riverFlower Uploader
riverFlower discussion 25 Jan 03:12
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Glad you've enjoyed it!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
  • "But we're both girls." in modern settings and sometimes even if not, and if it becomes a big deal or is expressed and then quickly resolved with "gender doesn't matter". Adding on to that, when the story acts like the character(s) are person-sexual.
  • "It's easier to be friends because we're both girls."
  • Cliche progression of sex in NSFW works which doesn't take the characters' personalities or their relationship into account. (That is a general problem of hentai, to be fair.)
  • Enormously oversized breasts, butts, etc. (also a more general problem of sexualization and slightly personal preference related)
  • More masculine presenting girls being the prince of the school or whatever, with girls fawning over them.
  • Not enough works depicting the potential and actual consequences of being gay.
  • School setting. Like no real fantasy settings. Isekai doesn't count.
  • Main characters usually being each other's first crush/loves, which is why they have that "we're both girls" realization be part of the story in the first place. Or one character only having that one ex who didn't actually leave any real character impact on them and is only there for drama.
riverFlower Uploader
Their Story discussion 30 Dec 19:29
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Because people vastly exaggerate what barely informed English news sites report without knowing what is actually law, what are guidelines, and what's being enforced or not. As for Their Story, I don't know what happened exactly. Tanjiu did just release a one-page christmas special for them, but he hasn't been regularly updating for them in years.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Not that I've seen it but they could just write the onomatopeia like you just did. "peng peng" / "dong dong", etc. Just like how it'd work with Japanese dokidoki and all that. Chinese does have a romanization lol. It's the pinyin system that everyone uses to type out characters.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I miss this place. Was a good community until the shutdown. Haven't really found anything similar since for MR.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Released is fine.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I can only figure that the author picked that onomatopoeia from Western websites dedicated to Asian manga... I mean, it's not uncommon for us otaku to use "doki doki" in our writings or fanart...

Why would they get the onomatopoeia from western websites, when Japanese itself has romanization? (Hint: That's where it comes from.)

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I sort of thought it was more of a staying over to figure stuff out between them, hence the being opaque with their friends, but nice to see them moving into some sort of relationship.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The first chapter already went into Elsa's motivations, and the upcoming manhua chapters if they're done well should too. Elsa also has slightly more thoughtful moments in the corresponding webnovel chapters, so give that a look too if you're curious.

riverFlower Uploader
riverFlower discussion 18 Dec 15:03
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Thank you for reading. :)

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The web address is correct but might not be accessible for everyone. I personally don't know how to access it through there. The web novel will most reliably be found on the 刺猬猫 (Ciwei Mao) app.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Is the light novel to this manga translated?

Sorry but does anyone know the answer to this? Thinking of giving the LN a try (if it’s released/translated)

Not translated.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It's not over! The big confession's just the beginning of this volume! And even in the vol. 3 extras the author explicitly told the readers to trust them lol. Overall those are all great signs.