Forum › Posts by Altair

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

In this story, yuri is the antagonist

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That's not yuri. And Ayame doesn't seem to have any interest in Ema nor does Ema show any interest in men, so bisexuality is also kinda wrong here. I'd say it is subtext but not sure. It's not very taggable I guess. Well, not everything has to be compartmentalised into neat little boxes.

As per Japanese standards,this is Yuri,because this is girly love,even if its' one sided.

Japan uses it as an umbrella term,regradless if its' two middle schoolers complimenting each other or two grannies getting it on like Donkey Kong with guns,drugs,and explosions.

It's the West that came up with the "shoujo ai"/"subtext" aspect,which only serves to cause comments like the quoted one here.

As for bisexual,with the above estabslished,its' as easy as simply stating she was dating an undeserving male and is now on track to getting the female stud muffin she always deserved.

Imagine a world where a woman being in love with a woman isn't yuri. Truly a dark place.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I am surprised they haven't recognized each other at first glance.

I mean, realistically, how? xD

The same way they, realistically, have been reincarnated as characters in a book. :-)

Do either of them know the light novel well enough to tell if people are acting out of character?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This manga ain't subtle about it tho

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

For anyone who enjoyed this or Julia in the Box!, there's still time to vote for them in the Yuri Hime reader survey to encourage YH to give them more oneshots or a series!

https://questant.jp/q/21LS96G5

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Here's the mentioned Yuri Hime survey you can vote for this story in!

https://questant.jp/q/21LS96G5

Gotta say, we have legalized slot machines here and it sucks. They're everywhere

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
Baduk__dog-1651972063056531456-img1

Discounting rugby smh

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I love Junnana so much. They were so broken after the movie, there need to be a sequel just the girls live their adult life.

They were pretty fixed up by the end! That was the point of the revue, like with everyone, to communicate and tackle their problems. Or get married, in a certain case. But for them, Junna just goes off to New York City to get a theater degree, but Nana does basically the same in London because of the outcome of the revue. They're located feasibly close to each other. Either way, they promise to meet back up on the stage after that, so it'd follow that they're promising to meet back in general. (Nana, the one with an impossible amount of stage time and revue battle experience, going to Hikari's old stomping grounds where the woman who took her radiance away is still floating around, is a compelling story I wish anyone would take up!)

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 2:34AM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I don't think you have messages open on twitter!
However, I don't think this one has been done yet (it's SFW)
https://exhentai.org/g/2104656/967db9369e/
non sad panda version:
https://e-hentai.org/g/2104656/967db9369e/

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 9:07PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

ty to the person above who explained how to do spoiler tags

TL;DR reading this feels like the writer is trying to milk out as much drama as possible from a paper-thin plot. I'm fine with paper-thin plots in short series, but the way it's dragged out makes reading this a slog. 1) The story loses any sense of tension it had, which in turn causes 2) the character motivations to fall flat and 3) without decent characters you can't develop any relationship for readers to get meaningfully invested in. Massive waste of time all around.

Thanks for the breakdown! I'll stick with it because it's not so bad in small doses, but I'm going to adjust my expectations accordingly. I tend to find that the long strip comics work best when you're just there for the panel to panel character interactions rather than the plot. I appreciate the overall summary!

Altair Uploader
Citrus + discussion 17 Apr 17:22
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Why did the author have to completely neuter this series to where it was devoid of everything that made the original great? Is it because of the new tax laws perhaps eventually revealing her identity and she's scared? I can only speculate.

I agree with the general sense of this post, but what does the part about "tax laws" mean?

Looks like it's this:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-09-13/manga-artists-vtubers-fear-japan-new-invoice-system-invites-loss-of-privacy/.189600

In order to file taxes, freelancers (including authors and vtubers) have to attach their real names to their pseudonyms (which are linked in some way, maybe just their name publicly affiliated with a company?) in a public database later this year. I don't see most yuri hime writers needing to worry extensively about this, it'll probably just result in awkward conversations with family around the holidays for some if people bother to look into it. Kinda rough for like Inui Ayu who assumed her autobiographical stuff would be relatively anonymous

One of the biggest reasons creators won't personally file DMCAs is because it requires them to expose their real names (which is why for instance irodori will do it on their behalf), so a side effect might be more of those rolling out next year.

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 7:13PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I have now read all of Elisha X Honoka, and absolutely nothing else. Anyone have recommendations for which pairing I should read next?? :D

Mari and Yuu

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Is chapter 9 fake? It didn't seem fake, but maybe it was?

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 11:28AM

Altair Uploader
Subtext discussion 27 Mar 01:41
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Yuri without the romance tag is diet yuri! Subtext is just masochism

I think the weird thing about this tag is that discussions about what series should be tagged with yuri vs subtext are debating subtext vs romance, not subtext vs yuri. Why are the tags considered mutually exclusive? Seems more like a 4chan way of viewing the genre

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 12:42PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

the relationship is not spelled out to be romantic and you have to imply/deduce it, so that's as subtext as it gets.

That's the reasoning for why the tag was originally placed, that it quite literally matches the definition of what subtext is. That the relationship is intentionally not spelled out within the story.

Tags are also in place so that people can find stories. If someone is looking for subtext stories, this series should come up in a search because it's what they would be looking for. Maybe it should just have both tags? Because of how externally explicit this one is, the tags aren't necessarily mutually exclusive here. The same could probably be said for a number of works that match common definitions of yuri/GL where the relationships in question are implicit.

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 1:50AM

Altair Uploader
Citrus + discussion 22 Mar 17:51
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

In the special edition leaflet for volume 5, Sabu said she wanted to keep drawing Yuzu and Mei for many years more while in the afterword for volume 5 she said she has many ideas she would like to draw but has no time for them. So the question is more what exactly is keeping Sabu so busy

It is true that she said it, but when she said that she"didn't have time" I don't know what she was referring to, but I suppose it will have to be something very personal,of his private life . Having said this, I don't know if citrus+ sells well, nor if it is profitable for yuri hime to keep it in the magazine (I supposeYes, but it is true that something strange happens, with the citrus publications. Greetings

My thoughts above and below are entirely speculation, but I would assume paying the bills is what keeps Sabu busy (and maybe a family? I really don't know much about the creator). If Sabu has a full-time job, then a monthly manga deadline would be pretty hard to hit, but part-time gigs would also be tough to coordinate alongside mangaka work. I doubt one monthly series pays enough money to live remotely comfortably in a major metropolitan area, and living paycheck to paycheck isn't for everyone. The same can be said for any of the authors in the magazine that don't have multiple series

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 5:54PM

Altair Uploader
Citrus + discussion 22 Mar 14:43
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The phone number could just be proper business habits or a nervous boy with a crush.

Which brings us back to the “underwritten” part again—what exactly is Mei’s current official status at the Aihara Academy? We know (or do we just assume?) that she’s the heir-apparent to the headmistress/director role, and she’s definitely the 3rd-year class president.

So under what guise or role is she lobbying these other schools to “accept her propositions” (whatever those might turn out be)?

And if she is indeed acting as more than an ordinary student, shouldn’t she be carrying her own cellphone, as a proper businesswoman would do?

I really do feel like we’re back in 2017, asking questions of the text that we now have good reason to believe Sabu has no intention of answering, or probably even of asking herself.

I'm kind of worried about Sabu's lack of engagement with Citrus itself. The artbook is done and there has been plenty of time for catching up and getting back into Citrus, but this chapter was the lead chapter of the May issue of Yuri Hime with opening color pages and it was barely inked, even had a few panels only storyboarded, and a number of panels of placeholder reactions, I can only assume this and the pattern established from earlier storyboards released as chapters points to burnout. I hope this ends up being an interesting arc rather than a collection of vaguely associated chapters, but I'm also worried it might be here just to force out more chapters of Citrus. But if Citrus doesn't even have the bomb-ass art...

I'm also sure that YH isn't happy that the issue opener was in this condition, and I would not be surprised if the axe may finally come for this series (unless it still places high in the reader polls). The quality of series in the magazine is much higher than it used to be when Citrus was going strong, but right now Citrus isn't even close to operating/competing in top form. Either native readers still love it or it's still running on having been synonymous with the magazine itself

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 2:47PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It's a shame, but I can tell that a lot of people will focus more on the page where Aki blames herself for the current situation

I maybe wonder if that's because...

the story so far has framed shiho s struggles as stuff that´s completly out her control, as if the people around her were the ones at fault.

...Shiho's liberation feels completely undeserved because it appears to be at the expense of Aki? It feels like it's being portrayed as if she conquered her toxic ex.

How is it in any way possible to read this story like that...? It's always been very clear that Shiho's problems are for the most part caused by her own troublesome personality. She was even ready to admit as much at one point, before things spiraled out of control again.

Is the story blaming Aki here at chapter 40? Are the flashback panels implying a revelation that it's her fault or is it saying Aki is blaming herself needlessly? Basically, are we supposed to buy that it's Aki's fault? Because I think that would be a tough sell for everyone here, regardless of where they stand on the whole narrative discussion.

If we use MagiRevo as a proof of concept, they could just rebuild the doll house in this anime. Scope it out properly with foreshadowing and including Shiho from the beginning, devoting two episodes to the main pair and the rest of the anime for Shino. MagiRevo covered a lot of material, including the entirety of the manga and beyond, so they could cover the entirety of the manga with this anime.

last edited at Mar 18, 2023 11:38AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hot damn, is that a Subaru Impreza hatchback with a hood scoop? Or some kind of alternate timeline with a hatchback WRX after 2014?!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Check out that final page for this chapter (ch. 33).

Nanami appears to be animorphing into a giraffe.

It makes the already great Junnana credits pic that much better

last edited at Mar 7, 2023 12:37AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I feel like this tag is (recently) being used a bit too much. At first I thought it was reserved for works that take place on an alternate world inhabited exclusively by women, so I really never bothered on reading them since I don't find that kind of stories interesting. But recently it seems to appear everywhere, even in old works that didn't have the tag before. I thought tags shouldn't be used if they aren't relevant for the story.

It's likely the tag started appearing during that time because about 2000 old tag suggestions were reviewed and applied or denied during that time period.

I'm fuzzy on the criteria for this tag. There are a lot of yuri with a girls only cast of characters. Only a few seem to earn a 404 Men not found tag.

Tag updated for clarity. There are pretty specific criteria for what should and should not get the tag, which should now be clear. Basically, no men appear in the series even as background characters or family members.

And in some works is very clear that men do exist even if they don't play any role in the plot (for example we see them in the background or in photos). Again, my two cents. I know that "tags shouldn't be taken seriously" but c'mon, they have a function and if that function is seen as superficial, then why having tags at all?

I agree, tags should be applied consistently in order for them to work, even if they're joke tags. If you see any series tagged with this that have male characters in them, please suggest the removal of the tag. Similarly, if you run into series where every background character and family member is female even though there are no signs divorce or societal unrest, suggest the tag.

Ultimately, this is a gag tag poking fun at the absurd science fiction implications of these stories with no men in them (that also happens to work as a tag for sci-fi yuri where the men of died off). If joke tags aren't applied consistently, then they're no longer funny. An unfunny joke tag is heresy of the highest order.

There is also something to be said for an author going at lengths to not include men in their stories, and I can imagine readers who search this tag looking for such works appreciate they're actually getting to works where the author made a conscious choice to have a female-only series.

last edited at Mar 6, 2023 6:22PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I just hope this plot point will not turn to something stupid like in "I Favore the Villainess". Please.

Conversely, I hope it does. I so hope it does. More works need to embrace their inner JRPG instead of their inner "Jimmy's first D&D campaign."

Since you are the uploader I will take this as gospel.
LET'S FUCKING GOOO

Uploader is just a role that multiple people have.

Can confirm, I do not have anything to do with this series. Although it's such a fun series, and I look forward to it every week! Thanks a ton to everyone working on it!

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 12:01AM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Where did the actual child Evie go then?

Probably went to the same place the adult Evie went to when the player took over her body at the beginning of the story. Let's not forget "Evie" wasn't truly Evie but an isekai'd otaku woman from Earth.

How old was she when the isekai version took over? Had this kid Evie already been taken over?

And I know it was said earlier, but does going back in time actually solve anything? It already happened in her timeline, but it doesn't appear to have fixed the wolves issue. Or is it just a case of "it happened in one timeline, it must happen every time"?

but there's always these doomsday comments when authors tries to do more than the normal fluff. The writing always coincidentally becomes "terrible"

Don't worry, it will turn around when everyone realizes this is just an excuse for fluff between them as kids

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 10:34AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

She got her ears pierced, good for her

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I for one, welcome boomer-yuri. If we do not die to AI's I would love to have one or two old-fashioned series in parallell to new stuff.

I haven't even read the prequel and you're still making me feel old! lol

If 2018 yuri is boomer yuri, then I fear my age can only be measured geologically at this point

last edited at Feb 22, 2023 1:35AM