Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Kimashita wa~

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Gokigenyou, Yori onee-sama~

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Those gyaru nails are certainly not appropriate for yuri.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I'd the feeling this manga was from the artist of "Looking Up to Magical Girls", but I was wrong. I think both manga have a lot of similarities.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Wanko is so expressive this chapter. Reaction face material here.

A-chan
Image Comments 13 Jul 22:04
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
Eblmp4wumaaffko-orig

Cute

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

That was ridiculous and full of style. I hope this author makes yuri in a similar vein to this manga.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

It's funny how adding a blackmailing yandere made Ai and Hina look normal in comparison.

A-chan
Image Comments 20 Jun 11:00
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
75647513_p0

@EvelineClariss: There's less Nanoha fanart in general since the franchise is slowly dying, but as Rye said we still get new NanoFate images regularly from different artists and new doujins.

A-chan
Image Comments 19 Jun 21:47
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
75647513_p0

@DC3 yeah, but their series has little to no romance, Nanoha is more about the concept of family, and appropriately by the end she has her own with her wife Fate and their adopted daughter Vivio.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This may be a modern classic in the making, I love all these great Adult life yuri manga that we have been getting lately, and with two great protagonists this has a lot of potential. I just hope grandma is fine.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

The time has come.

A-chan
Image Comments 13 Jun 15:43
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
81943524_p0

@StormBreaker1320 That's true, but I would also like to mention that even if all that was written by a different official author it would still be canon.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

there is very blatany subtext within canon pointing to their relationship being a thing, it is not once directly stated that they are together legally, it is not an established fact within canon, so if they ever decide to change that in the future, it wouldn't be considered a retcon,

This is very common, but you don't seem to be using the word subtext quite right. Subtext is a plot device used to convey an idea implicitly, so it's a part of the narrative that is not explicit, but it's still part of it and therefore canon. Something that is only hinted at is NOT subtext going by the formal definition, but this is not the case for Nanoha and Fate's marriage, their family and adopted daughter, or their active sex life together.

because subtext does not mean certainty.

I don't think that's relevant, neither text nor subtext can provide certainty, both in literature and reality we only have access to what we call reasonable certainty. Certainty or absolute certainty only exists in logic, math and systems derived from those.

I won't pretend i understand law, but i don't see how Fate being Vivio's guardian is a big point, as she is also Caro and Erio's guardian, and while she may refer to them as such, they are not formally part of the Harlaown, Testarossa or Takamachi families.

Fate becoming Vivio's guardian was one of the most important things that has happened in the franchise, as it confirmed their already hinted at marriage. And Fate also had the intention to be Caro and Erio's guardian, but she couldn't do so because she was too young at the time, so Lindy adopted Erio, and the situation about Caro I don't know if it was ever clarified since she still has her biological family alive, but everyone seems to believe that Lindy adopted her along with Erio. That's what happened legally, but Fate's relationship with them in canon is somewhere in the middle between big sister and mother figure, and Vivio in one of the later sound stage says that she sees them as siblings too, which was cute, even if they rarely can meet.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

@EvelineClariss

Vivid Life is not written to be considered part of the narrative as supplementary material

Something is either part of the narrative or it's not, and Vivid Life specifically is part of the main Nanoha universe as evidence by its context and being official. Tsuzuki is certainly less serious about this and most of the other secondary installments, but that doesn't make them less canon, if you assert they're not the burden of proof is on you. And still, even if you insist en being cynical about Nanoha and Fate's marriage you still have to discredit all other installments that make reference to Fate becoming Vivio's guardian, including Vivid itself.
Also I'm not familiar with Madoka, but I don't think personal experience with a specific fandom is relevant to the right usage of literary terminology.

last edited at Jun 13, 2020 1:36PM

A-chan
Image Comments 13 Jun 11:51
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
81943524_p0

@EvelineClariss I think I found the root of the problem, you don't seem to be using the word canon exactly right. Canon means that something is part of a literary narrative, implicitly or explicitly, and when we're talking about a established licensed property like the Nanoha franchise everything that is made by (or authorized by) the rights holder is by default part of the canon, unless officially stated otherwise, so for example fans can't arbitrarily call the SSX drama cd not canon because it's secondary or Force not canon because it was cancelled, not until it's officially stated. With big multi-installment franchises like Star Wars or FATE many times the canon can diverge into multiple narrative universes that can't coexist with one another, in Nanoha's case fans usually agree that there are 4 major universes (usually called Nanoha's many canons): main timeline that starts with the og anime and finishes with Force and Vivid Strike (by default everything goes here), also the movies universe because they change the events of the main universe, and the smaller innocent universe and psp universe.
I can probably go into more detail but this much is probably already too much, and now back to the issue at hand the main thing is that if in a specific installment of a franchise that one person may arbitrarily define as THE one part of the canon is not explicitly stated that two characters are married, that doesn't mean that they are not; that couple being married is canon if it's part of the narrative of that literary universe, which means it can be part of other installments that are part of the same narrative, and just to clarify it doesn't necessarily has to be explicit etiher, the word subtext applies in those cases, which doesn't mean that something is not canon but that it's part of the narrative and inferred through context.

A-chan
Image Comments 13 Jun 10:30
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
81943524_p0

@EvelineClariss Mid Childa's law is based on Japan's, like most anime fantasy or sci-fi settings do, that's what Tsuzuki is familiar with, that's what his audience is familiar with and understand, and that was just one of the tools he used in the development of the Takamachi family (generation 2, official name that they use to describe their family unit). You can assert that all the canon material that makes reference to their sex life, marriage and family is not valid and that the fans are understanding the franchise wrong, but that sounds like cynicism of an highly unreasonable degree to me.
Also about Yumina, a lot of people don't think that's the case, but that one is a can of worms I'm not interesting in explaining.

A-chan
Image Comments 13 Jun 09:43
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
81943524_p0

@elevown It's implicit in the fact that Nanoha and Fate tried to adopt Vivio together in StrikerS, but only Nanoha could be registered as Vivio's legal guardian, and Fate had to figure only as their daughter's godmother in the papers, which is fine since it's only a legal issue and Vivio still saw both Nanoha and Fate as her mothers. The thing in Japan is that even with the legal unions for homosexual couples that are available in some cities, homosexual couples still can't adopt together as the child's two guardians, that a right restricted only to married couples. Now, as most people that follow Nanoha after Vivid they would know that starting from chapter 1 of Vivid and in all the secondary material and live events from that date they started referring to both Nanoha and Fate as Vivio's guardians, we started getting a lot of official NanoFate wedding artworks for the first time that even made their way to the cover of magazines, and it was a subtle but big thing in Japan back then, not that the couple wasn't canon before that but it's always nice to have more married yuri couples.

@EvelineClariss That sounds misleading, and is not very accurate to the canon material, their relationship has been canon for so long that their very active sexual life became a running joke on Vivid Life and live events. The last paragraph is fine though.

@Moedred Yeah, they were portrayed as a married couple since before they took the step, there are ton of stuff like your pic that never left the magazines.

last edited at Jun 13, 2020 9:50AM

A-chan
Image Comments 12 Jun 23:03
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
81943524_p0

@NNura: They've been canon for about 10 years now, they're a married couple with an adopted daughter in Vivid, one of the few yuri couples to get to that point.

A-chan
Image Comments 12 Jun 21:46
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
81943524_p0

That's Nanoha in her jammies getting proposed by Fate in work outfit.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This one goes to my favs.
Also it's great that the author of Octave made something new, I hope we get more yuri from them, this oneshot was perfect.

A-chan
Image Comments 18 May 21:30
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016
Eyjuvl0u8aabeok-orig

I love this wingman Cloud trend.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This is great, I hope the author makes more of this.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch54#4
Of course the phone has 69% of battery when Koguma sets Hino-san as her wallpaper.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Nooooo the end of this new chapter is so frustrating, even if it's kinda obvious what will happen next XD

I wonder if they noticed that she was talking about a girlfriend? I don't know if it is obvious in the original Japanese version.