Forum › Posts by aranicar

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Domoookamidesu-1467582120160034816-img1

Holy cow those bites and scratches, must have been intense. Though at least Ame got one bite in xD.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Kyou_039-1512384765961375744-img1

This is the crackiest yuri Raiden ship I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of yuri Raiden ships

joined Oct 26, 2016

My personal opinions on it is that the concept of having sex go along multiple axes is potentially a lot of fun, and I'd like to read stuff that takes that in interesting directions, but I'm usually not willing to sift through a ton of mediocre smut to get there.

Sure, a universe having multiple axes for sex would be interesting. However, the omegaverse doesn't have multiple axes.

Alpha ruts for impregnation. Omega heats to be impregnated. Alpha marks omega. Omega is marked by alpha. Betas have none of that which implies that they can be anything. But in practice, because they don't have the binary alpha omega characteristics they end up just replacing one or the other. A neutral, middle state which can swing either way but always within the standard binary.

Since alphas initiate and omegas receive, it implies a dominant to submissive alpha-beta-omega ordering. Same old line spectrum.

I feel it would be more difficult to write a story that breaks the set binary in the omegaverse compared to real life since characters have literal biological mechanisms that encourage them to keep to their assigned role.

However, I'm sure not all alphas are dominant and not all omegas are submissive. Honestly, a modern omegaverse society would have drugs or medical procedures to control or remove heats, ruts, etc... just so people can live life without bothersome animal mating instincts that distract from day-to-day productivity. That would be more interesting than a standard abo relationship; a couple can choose whether or not to spend a month together off the pill to experience the natural abo bonding experience with each other. Plus you'd have much less rapey stuff and that's always a good thing.

In the end though, fans read abo for the abo dynamics. They enjoy the binary, the dominant alpha over the submissive omega or beta. Stories with interesting dynamics in the omegaverse will just get swamped by the standard abo relationship and I don't think that will change anytime soon.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016

Hahahah I LOVE this pair, I don't dig the omega alpha business but in this very specific case, it was entertaining !!!!!

That's exactly how I feel. Rather than het-ify things in weird ways, somehow it made this more gay. I love them butting heads and getting jealous over each other. They're two based girls in a world of the cringe.

IMO it's because the omegaverse rules (laws?) actively force power dynamics with all the pheromones, ruts, heats, etc... based on alpha, beta, and omega designations. If two characters have different designations, there is an inherent dynamic forced into their relationship that is wholly removed from their personality. That's why I tend to avoid omegaverse stuff.

This on the other hand is pretty good because both Maya and Claudine radiate alpha energy already and since they are both alphas their dynamic is character driven not universe driven.

aranicar
Image Comments 06 Oct 02:31
joined Oct 26, 2016
Faxnaqguuamidba-orig

^ At this point I ship so many Inazuma pairs I'm starting to just lump them all into one big poly

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 2:32AM

aranicar
Image Comments 06 Oct 02:23
joined Oct 26, 2016
92169075_p0

^^^ Isn't ara ara top energy?

Besides, Jean pairs better as a bottom whether she's with Lisa or Eula.

aranicar
Image Comments 14 Sep 10:44
joined Oct 26, 2016
E-ss2xrxsag5s1v-orig

Sara deserved better after everything that happened in the story. Almost like she was cast aside like some disposable pawn.

Then again, Raiden x Yae is just overall a better ship so I'm super conflicted. Plus I'm a degenerate who ships Raiden x Lumine as well as Lumine x Ayaka so my brain is a mess.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016

It wraps up well enough.
No point in making it longer with additional drama or love triangles or any of that garbage.

What are you talking about? nothing has been wrapped up well enough, in fact the latest chapter ended on a dramatic cliffhanger.

There are 2 chapters left so it's either 1 drama chapter + the last chapter where they get together or 1 chapter where they get together + last chapter epilogue.

Either way, this was a nice, relaxing, bite-sized romcom.

aranicar
Image Comments 30 Apr 00:02
joined Oct 26, 2016
Ezluq0buyaaa4uy-orig

^ Gender is separate from sexuality. It just so happens for transbians that wanting to be a girl and liking girls have a very obvious overlap with each other. What 'fetish' are you talking about?

Also there are quite a few transbians out there (me included) and so little male to female yuri I highly doubt this happens less often in real life.

joined Oct 26, 2016

Blonde haired girl is the most alpha switch I have ever seen. She's so aggressively S and M at the same time I can't even...

aranicar
Image Comments 01 Feb 04:33
joined Oct 26, 2016
Esfb4iou4aem0ep-orig

There is very little yuri in Genshin, even as Lumine. Story is mediocre at best and feels more like an otome game with all the guys saving you lol. I play with a friend and am mostly into the gameplay and exploration, but be warned, most challenges end up being dps checks which require lots of grinding to get your characters to the needed strength levels. Not to mention a lot of luck in the gacha to get your 5* waifus.

aranicar
Image Comments 28 Nov 05:14
joined Oct 26, 2016
85918476_p0

Every week there's one or two Touhou works out of dozens of other good work. If that's "being presented to you constantly" then like 20 other franchises also meet that criteria. I don't keep up with those things but I don't go into the comments and say "I blacklist xyz franchise because I'm reminded it exists every week". That's just inciting conflict.

In fact, those images tend to become gateways to new franchises since I get interested in characters or pairings I like and I look it up.

aranicar
Image Comments 08 Nov 04:49
joined Oct 26, 2016
80249185_p0

Noel top is extra good omg.

aranicar
Image Comments 05 Nov 00:11
joined Oct 26, 2016
26492828_p0

I preferred Ano x Yuna until Ano x Nena happened. Personally, Hina x Yuna was one of the weaker pairs in the story, mostly because there's like 5 other S-tier pairs.

joined Oct 26, 2016

Too late to whale on EN server. Try again on the JP and CN servers.

RIP EN servers. It was fun while it lasted.

aranicar
Image Comments 01 Sep 03:35
joined Oct 26, 2016
Eeglps8uyaerlng-orig

^ Pet play with a straightjacket? Never seen rabid animal training play before.

aranicar
Image Comments 01 Sep 03:28
joined Oct 26, 2016
84052199_p0

I don't quite agree. Any Touhou pairing works once they have a good doujin backing it up.

Though if we're talking about pairings that fit Alice has about 3 or 4 while Reimu has a few more.

aranicar
Image Comments 08 Aug 12:52
joined Oct 26, 2016
45678520_p0

Patchy dressing up as Nozomi?

aranicar
Image Comments 11 Jul 01:25
joined Oct 26, 2016
Dwn2krwvsaux1sy-orig

When the opportunity presents itself, always touch fluffy tail

joined Oct 26, 2016

I can see valid reasons for either keeping strict control over tags or letting tags be used for inside jokes. Instead of starting an argument over this and cluttering the comments with off-topic banter it would have been better to just ask/discuss this with the site admins/mods as they are ultimately the final word for this.

last edited at Jun 2, 2020 7:33PM

joined Oct 26, 2016

I'm also going to chime in and recommend reading starting from the beginning as if you skip the 70 odd chapters before the better content you really miss out on context and nice character development.

If you're content driven like me who can't read something for too long unless the content is really something you want to read it might help by blitzing through some of the cringey parts. Some chapter segments can be skimmed over easily without losing key info.

aranicar
Image Comments 04 Feb 01:10
joined Oct 26, 2016

Wait I just realized this is the same maso girl that shows up in the artist's other works. Same sadist girl too.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016

Was not expecting it to get so deep at the end there given the gag manga feels in the first few chapters. This was an absolute blast to read. 10/10 quality.

last edited at Jan 22, 2020 1:31AM

joined Oct 26, 2016

Mochi draws boobs? In this timeline?

She's done it before.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_potion_ch02#3

Thought that was a one off thing but now there's two! Previously everything was censored so I guess Mochi is more open to showing things off now.

That or Mochi's art has improved to the point that they're comfortable with drawing boobs.

joined Oct 26, 2016

It's alive!! Praise the scanlators, we may finish Comp Tovarisch yet!!