Forum › Posts by Nyangomaru

Nyangomaru
Green discussion 03 Dec 00:16
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Feels rushed at the end of each chapter

And I'm the type who thinks that the overblown drama and serial misunderstandings that are so common in these stories gets tiresome, but Tsumugi's reaction was so tame as to not be believable to me at all based on what she knows.

To be fair it was believable if you take a look into Tsumugi's previous relationship.

Nyangomaru
Green discussion 03 Dec 00:12
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I've reread it today, the story is good even if it didn't convey the falling in love part that well. But I forgot the "Love Letter" Extra... I should just delete that part from my folder, it's such a unnecessary addition just to downplay everything that was before... I really don't know why you should make such an extra... it gives such a bitter taste to the story.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Why didn't Yukiko just tell Fuuko that Konomi is a sucubus?

Because outing someone isn't good.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

why does the sensei remain an adult and remember everything?

First, her bride never died, so she wasn't in chrysalis. 2nd, she is a exception and remembers every rebirth.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

"I suddenly remember"

Aight, Imma heads out now.

Nah, look into Chapter 16, she already started to remember a bit there. Next she had a vision in Chapter 19 and remembered her past life completely. It wasn't "suddenly".

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Feels like a giant asspull. Oh yeah I keep meeting you in my past lives, sorry I didn't tell you. I just didn't want to NTR myself from myself, you see. See you again some day :)

But I guess they can eventually be happy. I presume they get their memories back.

Why asspull? There were multiple mentions/ visuals that Sara got her memories back.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Typical ending from typical princess story. Why do the author think to nearly commit suicide is good for dramatic purposes? I hate suicidal mind/act, life is precious to throw it away.

She had not really the intention to kill herself.
She just wanted to "disappear" but because Fujiwara followed her she ended up in this situation.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Compared to everything else that's said here? This conversation might as well be national level debate.

You call this a debate? When your opinions are absolute facts (for you)?

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Author's afterward:

"Thank you for obtaining this book. I don't know how it'd turn out handling one of these heavy matters, but I think everyone has thought about the scariness of death, outer space, and other things. There aren't that many books that talk about the scariness of death, so I wrote this despite understanding that it might feel a little imprudent. Sometimes when I get in the futon and can't sleep, my mind ends up wandering onto the topic and get scared. But, despite feeling 'scared, scared' one moment, the next moment I'd think of yuri and baseball. Living is a mysterious thing isn't it. I'd be happy if you, by reading this, might feel the same way about that."

That's the first half, the second half is just talking past and future works.

I feel that..

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

"I had no choice but to let you in"... Mangas/Animes/Series where police sometimes doesn't exist.

Understanding the context also doesn't exist for many ppl, right? She "had no other choice" because she doesn't want judgement from neighbors and such, sooo calling the Police would be counterproductive, otherwise she could've just igonre him outside.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

What prevents it from being comedy AND yuri?

The fact that nobody is going to hook up.

This!

slightly, but visibly annoyed voice: Aha... So that explains your stance on "A Room for Two"...

I know it's a late answer which never will be seen but I'm not a native speaker and I meant with hook-up - to become a couple / being a couple and not making out / having sex.

But my stance on "A room for two" stays: it's rather Subtext than Yuri.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Fuck Youko. You can try to fluff it up as much as you want, but at the end of the day she was two-timing, and stringing along both her partners. Of course, since it's a yuri story, the guy is easily cast aside, even though he did nothing wrong and seemed to be a faithful and caring boyfriend. Pretty shitty storytelling IMO.

I don't think so. It was pretty realistic.
A teenager whose in love with two ppl, which one of them is from the same sex, ofc she's confused and don't know what to do, especially in Japanese society.

You don’t understand—characters are either good or bad. Characters who are ambiguous, ambivalent, or who display mixtures of what appear to be good and bad traits are just bad characters in disguise.

As a rule, stories should avoid ever including bad characters. Sometimes there may be a reason for a story to include a bad character, but in that case the most important thing is that bad characters must shown to be punished, severely, or else readers will be taught that being bad is OK. Which is wrong.

And there is absolutely no excuse for any character of any age to ever be “confused”—all they have to do is read the Dynasty forums to learn exactly what they should and shouldn’t do.

Well said!
But it's too late for evil Youko to read Dynasty forums :(
She can't be redeemed.

last edited at Jul 31, 2022 10:26AM

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Fuck Youko. You can try to fluff it up as much as you want, but at the end of the day she was two-timing, and stringing along both her partners. Of course, since it's a yuri story, the guy is easily cast aside, even though he did nothing wrong and seemed to be a faithful and caring boyfriend. Pretty shitty storytelling IMO.

I don't think so. It was pretty realistic.
A teenager whose in love with two ppl, which one of them is from the same sex, ofc she's confused and don't know what to do, especially in Japanese society.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Youko is still a shitty person.

Or just a teenager who discovers themself.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

h3x posted:

That was some big downgrade. Did previous series and 1 year of dating not happen? Why the first chapter is about "you will surely get a boyfriend" and "but we are both girls"? That was pretty disappointing for first chapter of sequel.

Yae (as usual) is just insecure and jealous of Chitose.

I get that Yae is a worrywart, but Hanjuku Joshi was all about coming to realization liking girls is fine and trusting each other. I'd buy it if Yae was worrying Chitose will be popular with girls, but her worrying she will find a boyfriend, because 2 girls dating won't last, just seems out of character. And to add insult to injury the first thing in the chapter is saying they dated for a year. If after all that happened in prequel and dating for a year Yae is still worrying Chitose will randomly break up with her over some boy she is well aware, Chitose is not attracted to, then their relationship is really weak. I thought their love for each other was stronger than that.

She is going to be in an all boys school after all! And the chapter ended with them declaring that they prefer girl's body and flattering each other.

Don't get me wrong, the whole premise of the chapter and argument at the end was funny. What was bothering me was it felt like it was at the expense of all the development they made previously. In any other manga those cliches wouldn't bother me, but Hanjuku Joshi already dealt with them, and in pretty unique way on top of that, so seeing it doing just what every other yuri manga there is doing felt like a big downgrade to me. Sure they got it over in 1 chapter, but imo it should never happen in the first place as they already get over it in prequel. I kinda feel it is for new readers to quickly establish their characters and thoughts in first chapter without having to read prequel (which is not uncommon practice, but depending on way it is done, I'm not fan of), but in this case for people who read prequel it felt really out of place.

Nezchan posted:

I think what's bugging me about this, to the extent that anything is, is that it's way more fluffy so far than the original. The first Hanjuku Joshi had a lot under the surface about self-discovery, navigating your first serious relationship and, to some degree, grappling with the idea that being a lesbian is okay. So far, this one doesn't seem to have much of any of that.

Hanjuku Joshi was pretty fluffy on its own. And they dealt with a lot of those heavy stuff in prequel so it is understandable it would open on more fluffy note. There are still things to explore, especially since now they dated for long period of time, but again, the way first chapter started gives you worries. Had author run out of idea and will just check all the cliches out of the list or they will try to create a interesting narrative again like in prequel. I wouldn't mind it just being pure fluff as long as character will feel like the same characters I grow to love. I'm hoping the series will pick up it's strengths again in next chapters.

First of all I would say it was in character for Yae to be worried. Also Chitose never pronounced that she "was able to fall so deeply in love because Yae is a woman". Another thing is that Chitose had never much contract to boys, she was her whole life in girls schools and was never in contract with boys as she stated in the Prequel.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I can't help but roll my eyes at the pointless melodrama in this series... why am I still reading it. Kind of because it reminds me of Girlfriends but it's not nearly as good. Like I'm not even sure if it's yuri at all.

Like what is with her saying "We're not equal?" its so stupid.

This development has been pretty blatantly foreshadowed from the outset. Kurokawa has always put Fujishiro on a pedestal as a "princess" and viewed her as better than and apart from her it's completely unsurprising that she'd view herself as undeserving of being close to her. It's hardly like the author pulled this issue out of their ass for the sake of drama.

This! Maybe they didn't read and were just here for hate or a unable to read.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Hmm, I started this yesterday (cuz I thought it was finished mangadex has the three missing chapters, and I only read things that are finished cuz I like to read things in one go), I like it really much, but now being at chapter 24 the translations on the first pages doesn't seem that great... Is there a chance that white garden finish the remaining three chapters in the near future? Or should I give up and read the other translation. (They haven't updated their Twitter/Website.)

Nyangomaru
Yuri Family discussion 07 Jun 08:18
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I bet Hana made up the whole story to get a kiss

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I think it's my 3-4 reread.. I really like the story, it has a good pacing and a good balance of "getting together" and "being together" which I would wish would be the case in more mangas.

Also I think it make sense to start with part 2 and end it with part 1.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I just don't have any patience left for these time-skip endings. A time-skip epilogue? Sure, but I'm so tired of these borderline form letter endings where one person leaves for X period of time and then the last chapter is their reunion.

Well it wasn;t really like that. Everything was resolved in chapter 14 without any timeskip. It was just kind of extra to show their future and Kyou changing as well.

I guess I must have hallucinated the part where the two of them were living apart for 3 years. Thanks for setting us all straight about that.

1 Year after being 2 years together

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

At this point, I no longer know if Senpai actually even still love the past MC, since she literally letting a stranger (they might know each other name, but that pretty much about it, and future MC has a fake name at that) do lewd things to her every single time they meet, but oh well, might as well read and see the ending if its indeed just a hentai series or actually has plot.

Oh clearly she doesn't love the past MC anymore, this is a glorified Hentai series at this point with no deeper plot/meaning at all. A stranger did the cringy hentai-mindbreak on her, and apart from 2 glances at past MC, senpai shows no real connection to her apart from being acquaintances. Just shut brain off and enjoy the enjoyable spicy scenes, it's all this manga has to it since the writing is terrible.

ONS exist. You don't need to know a person to be attracted to each other. Senpai was from the very first moment clearly attracted to the older Nee-san, but yeah ofc it's easier to call it a hentai series/mindbreak.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

But she still doesn't want Ookuma to find about her true gender. Why? See (1).

But she said she will be ok if Kanda is a girl if she stay with the same cool attitude. That's the main problem we had. Kanda don't want Ookuma to found out is just farfetch and her own cowardice at this point. Ookuma is for nothing, the whole problem lie in Kanda.

Being not comfortable with her sexuality is far-fetched, oooooookay.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Why are people so upset about the misunderstanding in this manga? It's not even the focus. 90% of the story so far is the fluffy developing relationship between these two and Kanda realizing she might be (totally is) gay.
As for Kanda's constant repetition of "we're both girls"... are y'all just forgetting that gay marriage still isn't legal in Japan? Even if Ookuma is okay with it, Kanda is clearly suffering from some internalized homophobia, hence why she tenses up and stops herself whenever she feels something for Ookuma.
Also, as for any potential "forced drama" between these two, does that really sound like Mochi's style? Anyone?

This ^
I love dynasty forums it's always pure comedy.
1) They take everything too serious.
2) Watching series tagged with Age gap, Incest, lolicon etc and complaining about these, like what did you expect!
3) Feel the need to sh*t on a series after 1 Chapter and doing it till the end, why even reading it??
4) Thinking they are sooooooo smart but doesn't even what it's about, as is the case here.

Like you said the misunderstanding isn't even the focus/point the point is that Kanda is (homophobic) and not at peace with her sexuality.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

How awesome, yet another manga which ends one chapter after the confession.
These mangaka are genuinely slaves to the pre-determined formula of romance writing, disappointing but expected.

I would agree to almost every other series, because that's something I hate too and which I see as a problem in the format "Manga" either they are together from the beginning or coming together in the very end.
BUT! That's not the case in this Manga because they already did everything they could do after official going out, there was no 'need' for that after they got together. Ofc it would've been great to have more chapters but the story was told.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I have like zero faith in the survivability of poly relationships but still, gotta say I was a bit disappointed
Like, they even brought up that concept up as a viable option, what with the nurse and her two amigas and all
What the fuck was up with that?

Character developement and to learn more about love.
As every side character except the idol.

last edited at May 21, 2022 1:20AM