Forum › Posts by Koveras

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yes! Act out more yuri scenes! Then drop the acting part and just do more yuri!

"goggles on"

Yuri? In a manga about cool old men? Heresy!

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

So much hand-holding in this chapter. So lewd. -///-

there's something very unique about the mood behind this one, it's comfortable and interesting

I think it's because Yuicchi and Naitou are essentially an emotionally secure adult couple transplanted into the Standard Japanese School Setting.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

... so that was basically a love confession.

With tsundere levels OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND [crushes scouter]

It was like completing the Rivalry Romance in Dragon Age II: "I hate you so much, I need you to stay with me forever."

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 2:46AM

Koveras
Still Sick discussion 21 Jun 14:04
joined Jul 15, 2016

Maekawa's hug from behind was the most adorable thing ever. When you're tired and sad, all you really want is just to hug a person you like and to stay like that for a while. Too bad Shimizu's limited private life didn't teach her that simple method of "being there" for the other person...

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

I didn't expect the power of friendship trope to crop up in this series. :D

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Shiina's mom is someone I really can relate. Programming is both fun and totally stressful.

The PCSD (post-crunch stress disorder) is real with Shiina's mom, I can relate to that, too. nod

joined Jul 15, 2016

I am pretty sure you misunderstood this. The "remaining lifespan" in question is that of the man who was killed. DD is making up for the life she took with her client's lifespan. What she implied there is that that bastard didn't have much longer to live anyway, because he was a bad man who had an unsafe lifestyle.

Ah, that makes so much more sense, thank you. :-)

joined Jul 15, 2016

So this is what I understand so far:
- Detective Death is a demon from hell.
- Her sidekick is an artificial humanoid, a "wax doll" manufactured by demons. She isn't considered a "real person" by the demons.
- DD and Wax Doll somehow fell in love and began a torrid love affair.
- They were found out and all hell broke loose (pun intended).
- They ran together and now they live on Earth, and DD works as a hitman for hire: she kills "bad people" in exchange for a part of the lifeforce of her customers.
- She needs the lifeforce to keep Wax Doll alive. Well, "animated" may be a better word.

Did I got everything right?

Just as an addendum: Their first client was a girl whose best friend/secret beloved died because of a guy whose fatal car collision was shown on the first page. However, when DD extracted a life span from her that would be the equivalent of what her friend had remaining, it turned out that it wasn't very much, presumably because she would have died soon, anyway, and DD's comment here suggests that it was because of the guy, too?

What complicates the understanding for me is the uncertainty of the relationship between the client's friend and the guy -- I am currently leaning towards an abusive father figure, but abusive boyfriend is also possible. It's weird because, apparently, the "remaining life span" is counted from the point of her actual death because of that guy to the point of her projected death, which would have also occurred because of him. Thoughts?

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kozue-senpai OP, plz nerf.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Now that's a strong story opening, if I've ever read one.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Forgive me if I am ignorant about it but what does the tag "lizard" mean?

Only that the Photography Sempai has a pet lizard: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch01#19
Though, seeing how it hasn't appeared in the second chapter at all, it remains to be seen whether this tag belongs on the entire series or just the first chapter.

Koveras
Simoun discussion 30 Apr 17:37
joined Jul 15, 2016

I watched the original anime back when it aired (...2006? God, I'm old), but I didn't know any of the manga have actually been translated...

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Moegon"!? What the hell is that name!? It is some kind of generic drug? xD

I think Moegon is what a Moeblob evolves to at level 42.

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 5:04AM

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Amazing art, so warm and fuzzy. ^_^

Also, their color schemes strongly remind me of Saber and Tohsaka from Fate/stay night. The ol' blue-and-white vs. red-and-black contrasts...

joined Jul 15, 2016

HIKAGE VS YURIKA. WHO WILL WIN?

I get it now, she's basically an older Bocchi.
Having your childhood friend said "I don't want to be friends" turns you into a chick magnet, apparently.

I think Yurika and Bocchi had a love child. The result: Hikage

This might sound stupid, but who are Yurika and Bocchi?

The protagonists of Yurika's Campus Life and It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!, respectively.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 4:26PM

Koveras
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 09:10
joined Jul 15, 2016

(Ugh) What is it about vampires. They are suppose to be, quite literally, blood thirsty monsters, preying upon humanity. The evil creatures, that lurk in the night. Why does everybody make them into romantic heartthrobs, that make young girls gush their tighty whiteys? Oh well at least this vampire is working for team yuri. and she doesn't sparkle.

Vampires have been symbols of repressed sexuality at least since the Victorian era (see: Carmilla).

I always blamed Bram Stokes for turning vampires into sauve seductors.

Well, Carmilla predated Dracula by 25 years... So Stoker was just following established trends. :-)

Koveras
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 01:18
joined Jul 15, 2016

(Ugh) What is it about vampires. They are suppose to be, quite literally, blood thirsty monsters, preying upon humanity. The evil creatures, that lurk in the night. Why does everybody make them into romantic heartthrobs, that make young girls gush their tighty whiteys? Oh well at least this vampire is working for team yuri. and she doesn't sparkle.

Vampires have been symbols of repressed sexuality at least since the Victorian era (see: Carmilla).

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

I dunno why, but Kuroba seems to be on a roll recently -- the absurdity has been through the roof, and I've been cracking up throughout most of the latest couple chapters. :D

last edited at Apr 19, 2019 5:38AM

Koveras
Thursday discussion 19 Apr 05:07
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel sad after reading this, but this made me laught xDDD aich :(
huehuehue

That's basically the TLDR of 95% of everything tagged with Drama and Yuri.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

What's up with the Yandere Appreciation Day? :D

And have her characters been getting more . . . ahem, busty lately?

Yup, definitely noticed that, too.

Koveras
Yurigurashi discussion 12 Apr 03:29
joined Jul 15, 2016

this is pretty tame yandere compared to others I've seen. I liked it

Her thought processes are shown to be pretty much the same as any yandere. She's only pretty "tame" for a yandere in practice because of one thing: She has a huge amount of self-restraint, something that is typically very low or even non-existent in your average yandere.

It's not just self-restraint, but also self-reflection. On page 7, she admits to "becoming strange", meaning that she realizes that her urges to hurt her partner are not healthy, whereas your run-on-the-mill yanderes never see that there is something wrong with their methods of securing their relationship.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

As they say in my home town: Curiosity killed the cast...

Are they still not fucking? Is that what's going on?

the yuri fandom in a nutshell

Word.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

I really dig Yuki's '80s Spaceship Captain persona, even if it's just an image others have. We don't have nearly enough of those in manga these days anymore....

last edited at Mar 23, 2019 3:22AM

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kazuki's nee-san is her true bro.

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 4:39AM

joined Jul 15, 2016

"Don't brag about thy normie life." I am glad I got to see this phrase actually used, even if it's just once in my lifetime.

Superhero Yuri is life.