Forum › Posts by thranduilion

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 28 Jun 11:16
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Thranduilion

I feel you. It was difficult to find yuri mangas couple of years ago, but thank goodness we have more yuri now. Girls love manhwa though is still something new, and I was very surprised to even find one.
So, did you just re-joined the yuri scene after a long time being yuri deprived? Also, out of curiousity, are you a Lord of The Rings fan?

Martian That goes without saying, haha. It's the one series that stays with me even after, what, decades. As for your question, I'm more a text person than graphic, so my initiation into non-hetero literature was through books. I even haven't watched The L Word, still. I remember watching Haruka/Michiru back then, but that's all. I must be in elementary school. And yes, yes to more GL manga.

Rainy365 One of the reasons I stay away from GL manga is the art. I'm not a fan of the moe kind of artwork, haha. That's why WDTFS is refreshing for me. I mean, finally. Finally an adult story with adult characters who ef up, adult complications (not necessarily adult complexities at where it stands at moment, sadly), and adult sentiments. Fi-effing-nally.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 28 Jun 01:31
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

thranduilion

For some reasons I can't help but wondering if you were speaking Javanese, but then you confirmed it.

Ahaha... Hi..
How dyou know? R u Indonesian?

Rainy365

Hello! Born and raised in Indonesia, yes. My mother is Javanese.

Hahaha what a small world we're living in. Hi there, mate.

Hullo, Martian. I have to admit I'm surprised to see quite a number of Indonesians here. How popular is manhwa, much less yuri (I don't know the Korean term) manhwa, in Indonesia?

I was just as surprised as you are hahaha. I don't know how popular manhwa or girls love manhwa is, but I believe that Yaoi is still more popular than yuri here.

Martian and Rainy365

Ooh tell me more. Been long since I last went home, and even longer since I read any yuri. Honestly, no, I don't think I've ever read any adult yuri manga before WDTFS, and I don't think I've ever read manhwa before. I was... yuri deprived.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 28 Jun 00:32
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

thranduilion

For some reasons I can't help but wondering if you were speaking Javanese, but then you confirmed it.

Ahaha... Hi..

Rainy365

Hahaha what a small world we're living in. Hi there, mate.

Hullo, Martian. I have to admit I'm surprised to see quite a number of Indonesians here. How popular is manhwa, much less yuri (I don't know the Korean term) manhwa, in Indonesia?

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 27 Jun 23:30
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

thranduilion

Ahaha... Hi..

Rainy365

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 27 Jun 18:19
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Piye kabare, sista? Halah.. sok pake bahasa Jawa..

Apik. Hla kowe piye? /ikutan sok hahaha

Btw, are u done wandering today?
Ahahaha.. Always tell yr sexy chief to go home soon, I m waiting for her.. thanks.. xD

Should be done wandering by now, and then she's all yours...

All u need is to make me all sweaty..

Oh cheeky Rainy... :3

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Hey guys, I know that I've been posting translations for you guys here since chapter 43 or so.. but I'm just wondering.. how did you get translations before that? Did you wait a long time for them?
I'm asking because I'm thinking of taking a break from reading WDTFS until it is completely finished . I've actually been contemplating that for a while now but decided to wait until the 2nd volume was over. You must have found them elsewhere for chapters 1-43 right? I'm really hoping my leave from translating won't be such a huge impact on you all .. because I know there are other sites and people who do it as well. I also know I was kinda late to the game so people might not even care if I stop (which I hope is the case atm Dx).
It's just that I really hate cliff hangers and I prefer reading/watching stuff all at once.. and I would like to do that for the last volume of WDTFS.

I don't think it would be much of a problem fro those who bought chapters of wdtfs every weak if you take a break from translating, Newp, since I noticed that the english version is now only two chapters behind of the korean version. But I do not know about those who does not buy the chapters. I have seen some translated chapters uploaded on imgur but I do not know if those are your translations or somebody elses.

Long story short, I'd hate to see you go but you know what's best for you so you do you! I'm more of a binge watcher/reader myself, and the reason I'm joining this forum is that I need to see more of what other readers have discussed about the story so far. I guess I'm a tad too old for chapter-based discussion, haha. Personally, since I read Japanese but not Korean, you have been a great help in understanding not only the dialogue but also the cultural elements in it, Newp-san.

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

http://67.media.tumblr.com/55f47454067f40625e4fdde3b9ee2626/tumblr_o75lelF08p1v7z1aco1_1280.jpg

It's not from any chapter. It was uploaded by the author on their Twitter account. Not sure if it's a (future?) scene from wdfs.

Oh thank you! If that's really the case (future scene), I'm gonna be hella pissed. Sumin, you just don't.

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Greetings!

I spent the last two weeks catching up with the latest chapter (I dropped WDTFS back then around chapter 20-ish, I think). Lezhin doesn't seem to have translated the last few chapters yet, so thank you everyone who has been providing translation here!

I... just. Chapter 55 disappointed me. A lot. This is why plot twist is in narrative devalued - it lacks subtlety and is just present for shock value. Talk about underestimating your readers' intelligence. And Sumin, I love her, I really do, but man does homegirl ef up.

Speaking of effing up, does anyone know from which chapter where this panel come? It showed up when I was doing a google search, but I didn't remember ever reading it.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/55f47454067f40625e4fdde3b9ee2626/tumblr_o75lelF08p1v7z1aco1_1280.jpg