Forum › Posts by Meursault

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

To have this usually dramatic trope used instead for romantic comedy is a really intriguing concept, and done quite well too. We get to see two women rediscover their life and feelings together, or perhaps just one of them, as Mari helps Arisa adapt. It's like the early days of a couple that just started dating, even though Mari's past intimacy with Arisa still reflects in their clumsy flirting. I'm interested to see the progression of their relationship, Arisa's eventual adaptation to her new couple's life.
I hope this series keeps going strong with the gags and cuteness, and last a couple of volumes at least.

joined May 22, 2016

Saw the promising tags.
From Canno ...

K, not reading.

Fascinating.

last edited at Dec 16, 2016 4:34PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

or yuzu is just eating herself out for being the reason mimika had to shed tears

oh my god

rofl i was pretty sure there was a saying like that , i blame yuri for this mistake xD

"Beating herself up", maybe, from the way you phrased it, though it may or may not be what you were going for either

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

or yuzu is just eating herself out for being the reason mimika had to shed tears

oh my god

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 8:40PM

Meursault
Citrus discussion 22 Nov 18:05
joined May 22, 2016

I'm thankful for the release but, isn't kinda awkward that the main pic for the post is like, a spoiler?

I'm thinking about it more as "teaser" :P Every picture from it would be "spoiler" so :P

It's a rather significant panel. I'm sure others could have been chosen for the 'hook'

Meursault
Citrus discussion 22 Nov 17:30
joined May 22, 2016

Citrus ch.24 English translation by chaosteam

http://sanctuary-for-strange-people.tumblr.com/post/153532401050/citrus-ch24-english-translationby-chaosteamzip

I'm thankful for the release but, isn't kinda awkward that the main pic for the post is like, a spoiler?

If anyone wants to avoid the spoiler on the post, here are the direct links.
http://imgur.com/a/FgwhY
Zip: http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/E4VAcX0C/file.html

last edited at Nov 22, 2016 5:40PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Ulquiorra was being fairly judgmental of the author, basing his thoughts from his horror in regards to one of her works. It's rather unrelated, I'd say, which is why most people are pretty confused as to how his opinion stands. He made an extreme post about it, and surely, people are allowed to disagree, just as much as he is allowed to share his opinion, though it was worded poorly. His dismissal of one of them was pretty rude too.

If you talking to me, just stop posting. Okay?

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 3:02PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Said it in the other thread, but lol wtf is this

Same.

Meursault
Que Rico! discussion 20 Nov 02:30
joined May 22, 2016

On a side note, an author should be ready for little criticism for his/her work. I wrote fanfiction too and i got good commets and some bad too. So yeah enduring criticism is what author must have.

Absolutely. However, it would have been great if your main criticism wasn't limited to "this is a waste of time".

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

kotooka is a slutty bitch why would you want to hook tsukasa with her ? She had like 9232 boyfriends ?

Well not every romance is pure. So long as she's loyal to tsukasa it's all good in my book.

i wouldn't call someone "loyal" while she has 1292321 boyfriends.

One. She only ever has one boyfriend. Not that her current relationship status is relevant to her loyalty towards Tsukasa.

Sigh, it'd be nice if people didn't slutshame. It's not like a girl's worth is directly proportional to the "quality" of her love life, not that another person's love life is for you to judge anyway.

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

I hate Kotooka. A lot. Yeah, she obviously has issues and whatnot, but I hate characters, or people for that matter, that fool around so much like that.
Also, this chapter felt painfully het. Thank God we got some Washio at the end at least.

Glad to see this is getting released so frequently now anyway. Props to the scanlators.

Define "fool around?" It doesn't seem like she cheats on any of her boyfriends. She's just a serial monogamist who gets into low commitment relationships.

I don't approve of either cheating or low commitment relationships.

Nothing wrong with low commitment relationships, people don't always date with the intention of seeking a life partner. Nothing wrong with that. As your personal opinion on how you live your life and love life, it's fine, but I'd hate to think that this personal opinion is also how you'd based your approval of others from. Sucks that those around you are being judged by their personal love lives.
Besides, Kotooka isn't low commitment per se, she just gives everyone a chance cus who knows, dating is also a way to get to know someone and see how compatible you are with the person. Her relationships are short-lived because it simply doesn't work out, she's not into them, that's all. But she does give them an equal chance, she seems genuinely excited to get to know them. If she really liked one of them, I'm sure that she'd "commit", secret-feelings-for-Shiratori-to-protect-their-friendship aside.

joined May 22, 2016

The same concern being repeated doesn't make it any less important, in fact, it means so many people recognise it as a problem. You can't really say that a problem, any problem, having multiple complaints voiced against them, makes one take them less seriously.
You're really just saying:
"It's hard to take their concerns [about something I don't relate to nor care about] to heart if the same things are being repeated over and over again in slightly altered wordings"
If someone says "rape is wrong" for instance, I assume people tend to agree.
I'm sure this isn't the first time you would hear such a "concern". However, the 50th time you hear "rape is terrible!", I don't suppose you'll think "gosh it's hard to take their concerns about rape to heart if the same things are being repeated over and over again."

joined May 22, 2016

I always saw the bisexual tag as having potential, because it means that the concerned character isn't straight. Rather than bisexual as in "her love interest doesn't have to be/doesn't have to end up with a man", that girls actually have a chance too, bi characters in yuri seem more to be about "they will leave you for a man". Although the opposite, "leaves the man for a girl", happens too, it just feels done less often than the first cliche.
... But hey, at least mc didn't get shot

The bisexual tag shouldn't be confused with how actual bisexual people work in real life. >.>

What do you mean by that?
I'm uncertain if you mean that I shouldn't get my hopes up and expect bi characters in manga to act like how people usually act irl, or that you think I'm confusing badly written fictional bi characters as realistic bisexual behavior.
Or kinda like "damn bi people are shown to be such shit people in these stories, I hope no one really lets this seriously influence their impression of bi people, who are of course just people too"

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 8:05PM

joined May 22, 2016

^ She*

joined May 22, 2016

I always saw the bisexual tag as having potential, because it means that the concerned character isn't straight. Rather than bisexual as in "her love interest doesn't have to be/doesn't have to end up with a man", that girls actually have a chance too, bi characters in yuri seem more to be about "they will leave you for a man". Although the opposite, "leaves the man for a girl", happens too, it just feels done less often than the first cliche.
... But hey, at least mc didn't get shot

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 8:17PM

Meursault
Forgotten One Shot 05 Nov 14:43
joined May 22, 2016

Thank you so much! :)

Meursault
Forgotten One Shot 05 Nov 03:38
joined May 22, 2016

Does anyone remember what this panel is from?
I saw this screenshot on fb and it just really troubled me, as I forgot what it was from. I only remember that it was about girls in the art club, and that near the end, girl on the left had a cold and blonde girl visited and it was borderline lewd or something

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Mimika Noma! You're a dog!

joined May 22, 2016

Tatsuya Ishihara ( The director of the anime ) said in an interview that Kumiko & Reina might get together in future episodes. He goes on and says he want's to "Expand" on their relationship on how it could "evolve into something more"
You can read the interview right here

Just because the anime didn't meet your expectations, doesn't mean you should mock those who do enjoy it.
You don't have to be such a dick about it

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 12:16AM

joined May 22, 2016

Aah thank you, that's probs it :D

joined May 22, 2016

There's a one shot/series (?) my friend is trying to describe to me, but altho I've read a fair amount of the stuff Dynasty has to offer, I don't remember/recognise what this could be
Quoting her description of it:
So there is a girl and she is complaining to her best friend that for some reason her bf wont sleep with her. so her friend tell her to confront the bf about it. So when he says it is because he likes it kinky so he wasnt sure she was ready for that, she ran back to her friend to ask advice again. Her friend than proceed to take out bdsm stuff and sleep with her as a practice, Finally the bf only wanted her to wear socks
Does anyone recognise this 'plot'?

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 10:38PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

I just hope there's a time skip. MC is a stranger danger~

The problem here is that Mimika is fixating on characteristics of Yuzumori that are largely exclusive to children (obsession over her age and "smallness"). This creates the implication that if Yuzumori were to mature and lose those qualities, she would no longer be attractive to Mimika.

Oh, I thought of it more as Yuzumori just being a really pretty girl, the way she's portrayed.
I saw the 'characteristics' she's focusing on not particularly because they're child-like, but because they're hers/Yuzumori's. It could be that its specifically because she's a child, tho I saw it more as it being specifically being Yuzumori's traits. Idk if im clear or not about this ^^

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Mimika is an expressive, overly conscious, blushing idiot. This is gonna be a fun ride

Meursault
Citrus discussion 03 Jul 23:53
joined May 22, 2016

The credits is just extra artwork from Saburouta in that issue of Yurihime, a page featuring an interview with her.

last edited at Jul 4, 2016 12:23AM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Maybe this is why Yuu looked... bittersweet. I always wondered why she made such a face.
Looking closer, she's in the dark/shade making such a face, while Touko is happily pulling her along.