Forum › Posts by benja

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

^It's especially telling that Ehhhhhhh entirely ignored your point C) there, since acknowledging its existence would have entirely killed their argument.

Of course they're gonna ignore it, everyone can understand that the story will be completely different and wouldn't work as well if the ages were changed, they're engaging in bad faith argument. They also completely missed the point of the original argument that was "it's ok to not like it or just pass on something it if the content makes your uncomfortable but making broad and difamatory claims about it is not, especially if you haven't read it".
Maybe I'm wrong but Ehhhh seems to believe that if a piece of media makes you uncomfortable you can throw shade at it even if you haven't actually read it and also gives you the right to question it's excitence, wich Is fucked up cuz IT IS a circular way of thinking than more often than not will lead to the conclusion that it shouldn't or that it has to be drastically changed to fit their criteria on what's acceptable

Edit it's also hilarious that Ehhhh ignores almost every argument then claims that OP is being obtuse then refuses to elaborate and leaves

last edited at May 30, 2023 6:31PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

LETS

FUCKING

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LETS FUCKING GOOO

Siuuuuuu let's fucking gooooooo

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
Pk

Basta son re lindas

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

It's literally the exact opposite. For example, when Yori and Himari were about to kiss for the first time in the karaoke, she decided not to out of her jealousy for Shiho. When they were hanging out together during the summer festival, Shiho's sole presence ruined Yori's mood for the rest of the date (she even ended up crying in front of Himari). There's even a chapter where Yori said "I definitely don't want to lose to Izumi-san", so she does care about winning the competition.

It's all about hima at that point that has little to nothing to do with the battle of the bands and shiho s actions were specifically planned to bother yori, is not that the mere presence of shiho makes yori unease, she's specifically trying to mud the water in their relationship, at some point she's pating himari, looks at yori and gives her a smug look. The idea that shiho holds no ill intention to yori is simply not true cuz the whole deal of hima being lorelei s manager was specifically design to bother yori

last edited at May 27, 2023 3:12PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yori has an inferiority complex towards Shiho. It's kind of ironic considering what happened in the past, but we've never seen Shiho have any kind of thoughts regarding Yori, yet the opposite has happened several times. She has caused Yori to have insecurities both regarding her skills as a singer/performer and in her personal life with Himari.

No she doesn't, yori is the complete opposite of shiho, music is just a hobby for her and she's not interested in being better than anyone,that's the whole point of this supposed rivarly. ALL of the SS girls are surprised at how good lorelei is but yori has never been shown to really think of shiho or the difference in their performance. Yeah she gets mad cuz shiho used hima as bargain in their bet and keeps getting in the way of their time together, but she doesn't have any kind of complex, she's jealous and that's the extent of their supposed rivarly, yori having some kind of complex is literally just your headcanon,

Edit: yori lives in shiho s head so rent free to the point that she even speaks Ill of her in front of himari, that's just how much she despises yori

Shiho has actually always been very nice while she's hanging out with Momoka and Hajime, or when interacting with Himari alone.

Shiho only acts friendly with hima. Momoka and Hajime stated that they don't really talk with shiho aside from band stuff and that they are kind of afraid to confront her on her personal issues

last edited at May 27, 2023 1:49PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Most of her friends know her background and seem to have accepted that her behaviour largely comes from those related issues. She's also not done as much as is often implied by some and most of her issues are related to competition and Aki. They simply believe her pros outweigh her cons and don't abandon her because she has faults.

Well no she hasn't done anything particularly bad or morally reprehensible but she's just a pain in the ass and a hard to deal person, you have to be a special kind of saint to tolerate her shit (wich shiho I lucky cuz every person aside from her Is that kind of person)

Who has done this exactly? Is there something you can point to as an example?

Is not just a especific instance but people went from "there's no way shiho left the band and acts likes an asshole just because she was in love with aki that'd be such a shallow reason" to "teenagers are dumb and acting dumb is perfectly normal"
We also went from "shiho must have a a good reason for being the way she is" to "being a sore losers is perfectly reasonable she just like me fr fr". And lets not forget the most outrageous of all, when not long ago people were like "there's no way aki is gonna blame herself for this whole mess, of course shiho will snap out of her idiotic behavior and will assume responsability" to "n...n....no that's not the story blaming aki that's just aki assuming the fault in the heat of the moment, surely shiho will snap out her idiotic behavior.... Any time soon... You just wait..... Surely she will do it"
The levels of copium on this forum have been raising exponentially with every new chapter, people have been moving the goalpost of what's acceptable or good writing to acomodate shiho and the story. At this point I'm convinced that both the story and shiho can get away with almost anything because people will justify almost anything or just headcanon a solution

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I mean, winning the competition is also important to Yori. SS lost during the audition and Shiho told her that "she has a long way to go" (I think it was the only time they spoke, lol). Not to mention, she even wrote a new song for the occasion. Whatever the case, Yori is lucky to have the plot armor on her side.

At this point winning the battle is pointless, there's literally 0 stakes, heck even if Sunny spot were to lose as long as shiho listens to aki s song the plot could move as if nothing happened, besides is not like yori has something to prove to shiho as far as I'm concerned the only reason yori wanted to win was to help aki, the only time yori and shiho had something that barely resembles a rivalry was went shiho got a bit touchy Feely with hima to make yori jealous

Honestly, I thought you were being sarcastic at first. Shiho is the person who has suffered the most throughout the story, as she's someone who has always been burdened by expectations, pride, jealousy and guilt. I'm not denying the bad things she's done (I do believe that Shiho will eventually come to terms with why some of her actions were wrong and show accountability for them), but readers are overreacting in their criticism of her and this long Arc. The person she's hurt the most is herself, after all.

I mean you're kinda right about that last part, she's been an asshole and a pain in the ass to every person in her life but is not like she has done something morally reprehensible.

What puzzles me is why the people around her keep putting up with her shit, like sure she's a "realistic teen", but other "realisticas teens" would already be done with her, even if her character makes sense it's weird how everyone just shrugs their shoulders and go "good ol shiho am I rite" whenever she acts annoying.

As for her having a change of heart I highly doubt it, I'm sure that the next chapter will be about aki confessing and apologizing to shiho and shiho will look her over her shoulder and go "hmp I guess If you're that desperate I can forgive you and give you a chance to date me" and then every shiho fan will just write easays justifing and rationalizing her actions and about how aki and SS were actually the bad guys all along and shiho not only deserves the apology but also doesn't need to apologize

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Lol that panel of yori and shiho facing each other was hilarious, as if yori actually gave a flying fuck about shiho or whatever she's up to. It's also hilarious how no one but hima could muster the strength to chase after shiho cuz she's such a pain to deal with, so even her bandmates avoid her like the plague when she's mad

last edited at May 27, 2023 5:25AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This chapter was so beautiful, I've missed the original trio shenanigans so much, even tho I've come to love both Nemo and matama, IMHO the original trio had the best chemistry , fights and story so far. I hope the story is leading to something as fun as the the first lord enrome fight was Cuz right now the Manga is definitely losing some momentum

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Nanase only told her BFF. There's a difference between telling someone you trust and just being out there in the open. And that difference is massive. What if a family member sees those photos? Or see them embraced in public? Have you stopped to think of the serious implications this can cause? Japan is not as accepting of gay people as the western is... Comming out to FAMILY and SOCIETY is far harder....... And I doubt Yuni ever considered that. SHe just wants Nanase to be the perfect image of a girlfriend she envisioned in her head.

Tbf she only denies that kind of skinship to yuni, she doesn't seem to have a problem doing it with her friends or the volleyball team. Yuni is not asking to be treated especially she just doesn't want to be treated like a stranger by her girlfriend

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This is not true Yuni has not once said these things to Nanase. Communication is important. Writing stuff on twitter does not count. Furthermore, Nanase asked several times, giving Yuni the opportunity to express herself.

No I'm pretty sure that she told Nanase that she's not afraid of coming out, that she wants to flirt with her in public, spend more time and that she's mad that nanase will be extremely friendly and physical with her friends but she won't even call her by her name, all of that are things that she has told her

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This was very weird, at first I was like Nanase is taking this like a champ, and she and Fukko are actually handling this like adults. Then Fukko kept trying to start shit, shoving her to the floor, and wrapping herself around Yuni like that. While Nanase barely reacted until hearing Fukko speak about Yuni’s ear weakness. And it was at that point things got so ridiculous, come on Nanase please, why are you allowing this to happen in front of you while having this conversation. And Yuni can you not just completely accept and seem to want Fukko just groping you in front of Nanase while pouring her heart out.

At this point it's clear that fuuko understands yuni and knows that she longs for big, intense displays of emotion, if nanase were to react in a over the top way and hit fuuko that'd probably reassure yuni about her love, but by reacting so tame she's proving her that the level of investment and passion in their relationship is not the same, heck even if yuni is clearly in the wrong here fuuko correctly points out that right now she's supposed to tell yuni that she's more important than her club to reassure her. By directly confronting and provoking nanase she's showing to yuni that she's willing to take a beating from someone stronger than her and also openly show how much she loves a desires her

I understand that yuni is a piece of shit and everything she spits are nothing but excuses but she's been really transparent on what she wanted from their relationship from the very beginning. And she's also been giving a lot of passes to nanase even after failing to step up to her needs time after time, I can't really side with anyone at this point, their relationship was clearly doomed from the beginning. Well I'm willing to side with fuuko because sheeesh she's so hot and she's been playing chess while everyone else plays checkers

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Another one that beats citrus to the punch

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
Kyousaya

^so

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Because Kyou was the most important person in her life before she met Aki. The things she said and did contradict each other as proof of this. Shiho uses defense mechanisms so she doesn't have to deal with the pain: For example, in Chapter 34 she said that Kyou was just an "acquaintance" to her and that she was even relieved that she died, but if that were true then she wouldn't have gone regularly as we saw to her grave to talk to her and tell her about her life, nor would she (as I wrote before) formed a band with Momoka and Hajime for Kyou's sake when she wanted to quit music.

On the contrary her actions and dialogues are pretty in line with each other, she says she hates kyo, then she cuts ties with her without hesitation and in a sense kyo´s death actually relieved her from her past, she now doesn´t have to apologize nor confront her eternal rival, she can just pretend that they had great relationship and sweep under the rug all the bad parts (that mind you were all shiho fault).

Also is pretty clear that shiho can´t quit music even if she wanted to, her whole persona revolves around being good at it, heck is implied that she tried several times before and no matter how much pain music gave her she kept playing, after the incident with aki momoka and hajime just gave her an excuse to keep feeding her sick relationship with music, i truly believe that kyo had little to nothing to do with it cuz even tho she rejected momoka and hajime several times she actually kept playing, she just didn´t want to honor kyo s last wish and when she was at her lowest they gave her and excuse to keep playing

Shiho loves to lie to herself, repeating in her mind that she is a heartless and selfish person. Acting way tougher than she truly is. But I am convinced that those are simply defense mechanisms to protect herself, as she can't deal with defeat in a mature way.

I mean she´s not lying to herself, she really is a shitty person. But you´re right about something, she is soft tho, she truly doesn´t have the grit to accept defeat and retaliates against the people she deems responsible for her misery. That doesn´t means shes putting a facade or that she´s secretly a good person that just means she´s a shitty person acting shitty

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 10:37PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

She is doing her best (along with Momoka and Hajime) to keep the memory of her former friend/rival, Kyou, alive. Shiho formed her current band even though she wanted to quit music altogether at that moment.

I don't get why momoka and Hajime are so fixated on shiho, is not like she was an integral part of kyo s life, they were fiends for a brief period of time and then she just cuted ties with her altogether cuz she couldn't take the L gracefully. Is just baffling seeing her lover and sister going to this random person that haven't talked to kyo in years and who she was presumably in bad terms and practically beg her to play music. The fact that till the day of her death kyo never actually got mad and always rooted for shiho while on the other hand shiho never acknowledged that she was wrong and deeply hurt kyo is infuriating

The reason why she chose to play the guitar was to stay connected to her, even though at the time she understood it as a selfish act (defense mechanism).

She herself said that she choose to play the guitar cuz kyo wasn't allowed to and that gave her a sick sense of victory. How on earth could you read it as she wanting to stay connected to her, kyo was still alive when she started playing guitar, she could just talk to her intead of being the worst friend ever.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Calling it now—10 bucks says that whoever finds Shiho in her Den of Mope says a version of, “I knew I’d find you here.”

i´ll do you one better, after reading this chapter now i´m 100 % sure that aki´s song is about love and that she´s gonna ask shiho for forgiveness for not being psychic and having the audacity of falling for someone other than her, then everyone will just pretend that shiho wasn´t a massive asshole to everyone and the manga will end with the two couples

Now there’s a ramblin’, gamblin’ [gender nonspecific person] if ever I saw one.

I’ll bid: Onsen double-date in the special bonus chapter for the collection.

i´d like to say that i am but tbh the manga has prove me right time after time after time, at this point im just throwing the most cliche thing i can possibly imagine and hope to be wrong

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Calling it now—10 bucks says that whoever finds Shiho in her Den of Mope says a version of, “I knew I’d find you here.”

i´ll do you one better, after reading this chapter now i´m 100 % sure that aki´s song is about love and that she´s gonna ask shiho for forgiveness for not being psychic and having the audacity of falling for someone other than her, then everyone will just pretend that shiho wasn´t a massive asshole to everyone and the manga will end with the two couples

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Bro if nanao x asumí actually becomes a thing this is gonna be on par with "my younger senpai" and ookami shounen as one of the most epic, crowd pleaser mangas ever.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Funny how the "salty"/ "toxic" people that hate shiho are just trying to discuss the structure of the story, nuance of the characters, craftsmanship of the author, etc. While the ones defending it are the ones that started with the snarky comments and straight up strawman
I guess looking critically at a Manga and enjoy talking about it is "toxic" behavior and people should just enjoy it as it is or zip it

benja
Citrus + discussion 23 Mar 12:32
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I thought the whole "changing the rules of the school" plot was already over, I mean I hasn't been mention since the earlier chapters and I assumed that Mei already accomplished her goal (since yuzu and Matsuri haven't used the school uniform a single time and nobody seems to have a problem) and even at that point it was so poorly defined and happened so quick that it felt more like a plot device to kickstart the Sayaka arc than an ongoing conflict. Heck the next set of chapters (which I barely remember) had little to nothing to do with the school at all, then we have the kana arc that again doesn't mention the school rules a single time
And as blaastar says the fact mei s role in the hierarchy of the board is so poorly defined makes it even more confusing. If Mei doesn't have the power to change the rules by herself, her early attitude makes no sense, she's pretty much asking for a favor yet she acts as if she had all the power and if she didn't change anything how did yuzu and Matsuri have been getting away with breaking the dress code. But if she's indeed in charge of everything why exactly is she lobbying in other schools.
It's kinda weird that sabu decided to bring back this plot, like I said I thought it was already over and is probably one of the more undercooked ones (and tbf is kinda boring) but at this point I don't even know if is possible to get this story back on track so I guess it is what it is

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
Fq_ypblauael9w5

Brotha got the kike, kike aliodas

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
106365464_p0

I mean the lycoris spin is a quite common pose, it could be a reference but it could also just be Ryo carrying nijika

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Aki would not apologize for that. She'd apologize for not being attentive enough to notice Shiho's suffering. I guess you'll bristle at the word suffering? But that's how it could be perceived.

Quite the opposite I love stories about people that face the suffering in their lives and as a result become wiser and stronger like zuko from avatar, I'm not a big fan of characters that justify their actions and bad decisions in life and get rewarded after a slap on the wrist (sometimes not even that) just because some perceived offense

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I said what she would do in my response. She'll likely do it in the manga (apologize for not noticing etc.) but we'll see. Nurture does not imply dating. Don't understand that extreme.

Shiho made it pretty clear that if aki didn't loved her back she didn't want anything to do with her, I'm not exaggerating when I say that the only option aki had to stop shiho from leaving the band was to date her out of obligation, that's not me making a strawman that literally came from shiho s mouth