Forum › Posts by MelonBun

MelonBun
Anime season 28 Oct 21:21
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

ofc they are writing for an audience... but what I am saying is not a theory. The audience cannot be the ones that decide where this goes. As I said, creators can take the feedback- decide what THEY think would be better. It's their show, they have their vision for it. Not taking feedback does not mean they wanna fuck over their audience. And those who are vocal do not represent the entire audience, neither are they a good enough sample size to determine a general opinion.

It's not like these kind of shows have a strong direction in writing, pardon me saying. If anything, it reminds me Naruto where they just kept piling on more new plot points as they go along. Like you said, the romance feels out of place and that's because none of it really ties together with the rest of the story, it's like things which just happened because.

I'm not a strong advocate of audience guiding the story (e.g. ham-fisted KyouSaya in rebellion when all we saw of them previously was trying to kill each other). But this seems like the kind of plot which actually allows for something like that to work.

MelonBun
Anime season 28 Oct 12:54
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Good thing I'm not big on RWBY then.

On the other hand, there's this huge urge to ship Weiss/Ruby. I don't know where it's coming from, honestly, it was the only thing that got me going through 2 seasons.

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 12:54PM

MelonBun
Anime season 28 Oct 10:46
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I don't think the voice actors really get the final say. I mean Weiss' VA ships Weiss x Jaune.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Yuu is love, Haruka still an SBJK and Yuzu's nearly getting it, well maybe.

Thanks for the release SHiN, have you been following the ST twitter lately?

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

To sum up.

Takeda - That 'politically correct' dude
Fujiwara - Generic asshole
Yuma - Dumb as bricks
Hotaru - Super Sexy Commando Angel

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I understand but... still burn the hetscum right? Right? :s

But... if we burn him, then we won't get to see his face when he gets NTR'd by a girl, the tears will be delicious.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

B-but MelonBun-senpai, it's mostly him being a whiny HETSCUUUUMM! person right? ;~;

~senpai~ o(≧▽≦)o

Well, while I understand the feeling of wanting to antagonize Takeda, if only because he is in the way, I think that is missing the point. Point being that Yuma's feelings lie with Hotaru, as shown by her apathetic attitude toward Takeda in that scene.

Think of it this way, if Hotaru and Yuma get together(They will), you wouldn't want Yuma to look at their relationship and think 'Oh, I'm only with Hotaru because Takeda was an asshole.'

Even if she herself is unaware, Yuma has already made her decision, her indifferent attitude which pushed Takeda away, her defensiveness of Hotaru and the fact that she still gravitates toward Hotaru despite her earlier guilt.

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 7:39AM

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Takeda is a horny ass kid. I don't value his relationship with Yuma not one bit.
He's been sulking for the last two chapters because despite being so nice he's still a virgin. Wow. Likeable af.

I don't even like Takeda, but I think you're getting the wrong impression. The two are supposed to be dating yet when he asks Yuma about her problems she basically goes "none of your business". She brings up their relationship as a cover yet is visibly dreadful of his advances.

Yuma mentions she feels they are drifting apart and Takeda probably feels the same too, despite being partners, Yuma was so impersonal about everything that they felt more like strangers. I'm sure he's having the same worries as Yuma about their relationship when they were apart, rather than sulking about being a virgin.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 8:43AM

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

The reason why Takeda is popular is because Takeda is a predictable character, he basically can be in a harem or shounen as MC. He has all the traits; clueless, bland and a "nice" person that are stereotypically of these genera. That's why he is popular as people love familiarity (just look at one piece that shit never ends) Instead he is in a yuri manga, where the fandom doesn't get many yuri manga/anime so when there is a het relationship we cry because we in the yuri community are entitled to yuri as there is so little. Hopefully Takeda won't get the girl as I hate generic characters. I personally like characters that have faults it makes it more interesting and realistic. look at real life everyone has faults.

I don't think people actually like him, so much as using him as a reason to hate on this manga and to state their opinions on how 'unfair' or 'biased' the yuri community is. But honestly, his role is necessary here, not to push a beating on or to mistreat him but because his existence puts pressure on Yuma to conform to norms and to deny her feelings for Hotaru, even more so because he is genuinely a decent boyfriend.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 3:38PM

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

@Freya

She ends her sentences with のじゃ (NOJYA), you can hear it in the anime.

last edited at Sep 3, 2015 8:29AM

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Yuu tends to put up a facade at times, that Haruka was able to tell what was bothering Yuu is a sign of growth from initially, when she would always doubt herself and seemed uncertain of Yuu's feelings. Tachi really puts effort into characterization but I feel it tends to get overlooked because it lacks of drama and monologue.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

To put things into perspective, Yuma is the one using Takeda as a tool in this case, to escape from dealing with her anger at seeing Hotaru in that scenario. Also, why are people likening Hotaru to some kind of master manipulator? Yuma likes Hotaru, we know that, Fujiwara and Hotaru also somewhat know that, only dense as a brick Yuma herself doesn't know it. Rather than manipulating, it's more like she was testing the water to see how far Yuma would let her go.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

'For Reals? Lol' - Fujiwara on homosexuality (2015)

Really come to appreciate Fujiwara more now, his radical and groundbreaking statements on homosexuality are something else. I think he may have even surpassed, 'Having sex with a girl, No Homo' Yuma, in this area.

Well, at least Yuma's finally realizing she might have been cheating, just maybe.

MelonBun
Futanari discussion 03 Aug 23:03
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

sure is explosion in here

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

No it should be obvious that she's been in love with her since they were little.

Woah, this changes everything. Does this mean that when Hotaru deep kissed Yuma and started rubbing her flower garden, it wasn't because she thought it'd be funny? You might be on to something here.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I detest Hotaru's character. She's so spineless; it's pretty obvious that she has a thing for Yuma yet she acts like everything she does is merely for fun or as a type of "bonding" with Yuma.

To be fair, most people start to get the idea that you might like them when you start rubbing their private parts, Yuma is a special snow flake.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Has sex with you
"No homo, just a womanly joke!"
Who would believe that?

Girls have sex between friends all the time ..It's like.. a greeting or a (very) friendly hug

Right?....

Rubbing your friend's second lip is pretty normal. Thank goodness she didn't put it in, now THAT would have been intrusive of personal space.

Something's off about Hotaru's behaviour though, bear with me here, I think Hotaru might actually have feelings for Yuma.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Because Takeda feelings are supposedly genuine, Yuma isn't obligated to love him back. In fact, she states that she can't see him that way much. She probably accepted because she had no reason to refuse.

This, so much this. For all the whiteknighting and moralfagging on this thread, they don't seem to realize that the underlying theme here is Yuma coming to terms with her own feelings, as if a love born from obligation is not something that should be put to question.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Maybe it's far fetched, but I'm not sure Takeda is the good guy. His interest in Hotaru seem to go back and the trap here is maybe that he's the one who's trying to steal her from her bf by going out with her closest friend.

That would be the twist and would shut up those who identify too much with the one being cheated on.

Sounds like Blue Friend.

I'd actually much prefer if Takeda is genuinely a nice guy. It's too bad for him and all, but I'd want Yuma to make her decisions herself, not because her boyfriend turned out to be an asshole but because she realizes she loves Hotaru more. I'd think this is more likely the case too. Yuma is clearly so dense she doesn't even realize she's cheating, she sure as heck doesn't understand Hotaru's feelings, it seems more a story about Yuma recognizing what she feels for Hotaru.

Just a thought, Yuma was shown as protective of Hotaru back when they were young, the role of Hotaru's current abusive boyfriend may be to trigger those instincts in Yuma.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Pg 18 -21 might be one huge reference

Madoka episode 8

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Do read it properly :P

Fair enough, might have been jumping the gun there. Still going to be cautious now though.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

rape

Spoiler much? Well, at least now I can do some mental preparation.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

http://boards.4chan.org/u/thread/1821527#q1828840

As linked above someone on /u/ fixed up some errors and wrote the following if you want to update the dynasty copy:

"I swear, posting all these translations for this this series has made it a sort of unhealthy focus for me. I just went ahead and typeset chapter 2 as well.

Whoever understands how submitting to Dynasty works, I'd be grateful if you passed this along to them as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3m77hsmb6ktj8q/NTR_2_ENG.zip"

Danke

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Why are people complaining about relationship ethics here? This is clearly tagged 'cheating', there's even a huge 'NTR' written on the cover, did someone go in expecting 'ethical cheating'?

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

She clearly has some semblance of what love is, just that she doesn't quite seem to grasp what goes into the border of romance and why. Frankly, it initially seemed a bit contrived to me as well, but looking back, her actions seemed consistent to this fact.

For a start, the reason they started kissing was because they wanted to do something to prove that their 'friendship' was special. In episode 2, some time has passed since they first kissed and Haruka's comment about Yuu 'not being like that' gives away that they haven't kissed much,if at all since then. However, the two refer to kissing as sharing a 'secret', this enforces what we saw last episode, that kissing was something to prove that they are special to each other in an otherwise 'normal friendship' .

In episode 5, Haruka nearly kisses Mitsuki as part of a play(thankfully stopped by Yuu). In episode 8, indeed she mentions marrying Yuu, that's nice and all, but she clearly only vaguely understands marriage since, well...it might not be possible. So anyway, later in the episode, she starts to feel heartache and doesn't know what this emotion is nor does she know how to deal with it. It might not be worth mentioning, but we do also see that Haruka has a protective father.

Well, in the context of our own lives, the fact that they don't understand love, this fact alone can be enough to make it feel forced. I personally believe that this sort of naivety can exist, accounting the cultural differences, their own background and the fact that they don't seem to own computers, but that is just my opinion.