Forum › Posts by Breakdanceanomicon

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Heart? Diamond? Specific reference to suits of cards?

........ Moirail-zoned.

Banned. Blocked. Excommunicated. Called the cops. Called my lawyers that I don't have. Called my state representatives. Called my mom. Closed the iron gates. Dug a defensive hole around the perimeter. Threw purification salt in a ring around myself. Covered my door with ram's blood. Crossed myself with holy water. Stocked up on non-perishable goods. Alerted the media. Called a neighborhood watch meeting. Took up martial arts. Gouged out my eyes.

Back! Back, I say! Begone, foul temptress THOT!

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Good ! !

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

For a second I thought this was going to be some Devilman kind of deal and their father is God and Mikoto is Lucifer and Sayuri is an archangel like Michael or something.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sayuris_little_sister_is_an_angel_ch21#19
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sayuris_little_sister_is_an_angel_ch19#2

These two pages especially, where Mikoto rejects Heaven in favor of Hell with Sayuri and the connection between why she appeared as an angel and why their dad doesn't talk to her and her asking God for a bit more time, really made it feel like their entire family was going to be supernatural.

Wouldn't be the first time, either. This ending is highly similar to that of Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane as well as the first climactic event of Kobayashi-San Chi No Maiddragon, both with the "everyday loner girl's life is changed after meeting some cute supernatural girl who suddenly disappears because their overbearing and extremely powerful father disapproves, but then after seeing just how much they love each other, decides to let them be together". This was slightly different, but still felt about the same.

All in all, pretty good, even if they never had sex. (R18 extra when?) And I can only hope that Yuzumori-san is as this faithful to appearing on the verge of becoming yandere (read: bad) only to not go down that dark road right in the nick of time.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

You know you've consumed enough Japanese media when you can spot the ol' ear-cleaning-disguised-as-sex trick a mile away.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Lol. That's wild. In spite of the incestuous nature of probably half of the pairings, it took I think Kuki creeping and now this to trigger the myriad of red flags for readers.

I'm definitely not defending these things either. I just thought it was funny.

It is about an incestuous family, by what amounts to the now best known yuri incest author, and is clearly tagged with Incest. Anyone triggered by incest who comes complaining in this thread has obviously taken a wrong turn at some point. It would be like watching "Code Geass" and complaining about it being mecha.

On the other hand, some of the gags becoming unpleasant after a while (the weak-bladder actress), or characters doing morally questionable things without having some likeable quality to offset this (like the new loli), are stuff that is bound to raise some negativity, though I doubt it has become an actual red flag as of yet.

I agree with everything you said, but it's ironic that you used Code Geass as an example since it originally wasn't supposed to have mecha in it until Sunrise remembered that they're Sunrise and that Sunrise always puts mecha in their Sunrise shows. ...Sunrise.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

4 chapters left.

Oh, thank god... I dunno' how much more of this fighting game exposition dump "yuri" manga I could take. The painfully generic art is slowly burning a hole in my retinas.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/riko_haru_irukawa_hot_springs_ch22#6
They laughin' because Haru just hit the reader with that "u gay" sign... but I guess that's sort of a given for a manga like this.

Breakdanceanomicon
Citrus discussion 10 Jan 18:14
joined Jun 13, 2015

Yeah, the sexual scenes feel right out of a hentai, down to the uncomfortable music, the overfocus on detailed discretion shots, the overly long physical contact and moans, etc.

But damn does it look nice. And for all the infinite padding, there's no denying Citrus starts off strong with an interesting show premise hook.

But here's the real issue: Where the fuck is my end-of-episode guest art!? Yuri shows always rep each other at the end, even fucking Netsuzo Trap had it, including one by Saburouta! Yurikuma and Akuma no Riddle did it, too!

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

It reads like 6 people were tasked with writing the dialog separately and were given vauge directions as to what to write down then all the text thrown at a wall then assembled in random order.

Ahhh, the ol' Overwatch lore writing strategy...

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 12:55AM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

The beetles are kabutomushi. Males of the species are very recognizable. Neither of those are male.

KA-KABUTOMUSHI DATTO!? That's a whopping 2/7ths (4/14ths to be accurate) of the phrases needed to obtain 'Heaven'!

Speaking of which, I wonder if having 3 moles under the left eye is as good as having 3 moles on the right earlobe when it comes to having a good fortune able to escape the police with. vampire tag when?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/195/575/abf.jpg

Unless having 3 moles is something East Asian fortune-tellers usually consider in their assessments that I'm unaware of, I'd hazard a guess that Mochi really did throw in a JoJo reference here, because 3 moles is way too specific otherwise.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

The beetles are kabutomushi. Males of the species are very recognizable. Neither of those are male.

KA-KABUTOMUSHI DATTO!? That's a whopping 2/7ths (4/14ths to be accurate) of the phrases needed to obtain 'Heaven'!

Speaking of which, I wonder if having 3 moles under the left eye is as good as having 3 moles on the right earlobe when it comes to having a good fortune able to escape the police with. vampire tag when?

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 06 Jan 01:39
joined Jun 13, 2015
Akko%20diana0%20merged

Reminds me of Together With Senpai 2. Like a lot.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Everything is right with the world.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Seems like Pumpkin Girl was a one-time fluke.

joined Jun 13, 2015

It just reminds me of all the loser hikkikomori NEETs in real life and in fiction, especially those asshole self-insert fantasy male MCs who get transported to some fantasy RPG world to save it, and have a harem fall in their laps because otaku wish fulfillment.

How dare they dream of a better life where anxiety and/or depression wouldn't be plaguing their lives. It'd be like a world where girls who love girls could find others like them without being rejected non-stop because most of them are straights in real life.. oh wait :3.

Matter of perspective of course, I admit harem animes are annoying, I'm a bit more clement towards social rejects or loser, or wish fulfillment in general. Just like the MC, she clearly has confidence and anxiety issues and don't know how to deal with them because of Japan philosophy, I guess. That said, being depressed or a loser doesn't mean you won't be an asshole in the end, just watch Tomoko from Watamote.

Which allow me to do a transition towards the aforementioned story. Now, it's mostly yuribait or very close friendship - or the usual Tomoko experiencing/getting off female skinship. But as mentioned, there is one character that is going full yuri stalker that provides for sweet funny moments. The cringe level is low for a lot of chapters now, but always remember : it's only fiction.

If "dreaming of a better life where anxiety and/or depression wouldn't be plaguing their lives" = "a world where I can accidentally fall into some girl's titties and peak on her in the bath and she'll fall in love with me despite myself being a huge asshole, and then this same thing happens several times over", then they deserve to have insomnia. Racists dream of a world where they can abuse minorities, too, doesn't make their dreams any less palatable. Otakus aren't just social rejects for no reason, they have a tendency to spiral into a cycle of despising normies, women, whatever. Declining birthrates, stagnant economies, Japanese stoicism all might explain why it happens so much, but it hardly justifies the world of, say, idol obsession.

Not to mention that such wish fulfillment fiction psychologically does the opposite of what it should be saying since like the OP said, the message is usually "if you waste your life playing games and then get hit by a car, you'll end up the fated hero in an RPG world with tons of women fawning over you!" which is, uh, not quite how it goes in the real world, so far as we know, at least. My Hero Academia is also wish fulfillment but, despite some mixed messages, still tries to convey the much healthier notion that "it isn't what gifts you were born with, it's about using what you do have and trying to be better". Wish fulfillment like this completely downplays the agency of the poor social reject and instead makes it all about the very society that shunned them to just magically forgive them and start flipping the dynamic to serve them for no reason.

Breakdanceanomicon
Citrus discussion 18 Dec 12:49
joined Jun 13, 2015

Love yourself by not hatewatching things.

You gotta love yourself so you don't wreck yourself, you hear?

Exactly.

Breakdanceanomicon
Citrus discussion 17 Dec 21:09
joined Jun 13, 2015

Also its title is a good idea for people who continue to read this series just to hate on it.

I don't understand the correlation

Love yourself by not hatewatching things.

Breakdanceanomicon
Citrus discussion 17 Dec 17:37
joined Jun 13, 2015

This was a nice chapter, had a good emotional impact.
Also its title is a good idea for people who continue to read this series just to hate on it.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

woah, what the fuck
This is the exact opposite of that Practice story from the same author. Literally everything about that one was bad and everything about this one is good. (except for the generic "am I kawaii?" art style, that didn't change)
Shout out to Kokirin-san, whoever they are, for thinking up the story.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

This looks very unique, but at the same time, a series so focused on language means that I'm basically reading a different series than what a Japanese reader would. Unsure how to feel about that.

Breakdanceanomicon
Practice discussion 13 Dec 15:19
joined Jun 13, 2015

It doesn't get more generic and disappointing than this, folks!

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 12 Dec 10:15
joined Jun 13, 2015
Kanamemo

What was her backstory? I don't remember that from the anime...

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

There was another story with gymnasium in the title... It wasn't very happy.

You're talking about Silver Gymnasium? That one was Aaaaaaangst as fuck.

Yeah but it was really good.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I need my stories to spell everything out for me and that's the author's fault somehow. Who needs visual language in a visual medium? More on the nose please!

Nice try Kojima, but I'm still not buying Death Stranding until I see some actual gameplay.

last edited at Dec 10, 2017 11:26AM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I kinda doubt this was written by a lesbian... or a woman in general... or a man that has ever gotten a woman off

I've never really gotten NSFW yuri's obsession with scissoring, I've never heard an irl lesbian say they got off from scissoring. There'd be like no traction...

Hey, if you were going to have sex non-stop for days on end, you'd probably try new things just to switch it up, too.