Forum › Posts by zensunni

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Oh, and in case you forgot... I'm doubling down on the fact that I'm in LOVE WITH YOU!

That's the way you do it!

joined Feb 18, 2015

This seemed like a strange departure at first but now it's getting interesting...

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Good story. Fantastic character development. Great ending, despite the slightly strange view on "not defining the relationship" that doesn't really need a dictionary to be defined. (If you live together and love each other and have sex on a regular basis, at least the term "lovers" applies, if not something like "girlfriends" or "partners".) I hope the author carries through on writing more bonus chapters.

joined Feb 18, 2015

me wondering if the author has same face syndrome or if Yuina is actually somehow sara

Right? I kept flipping through each page comparing the two like, “Huh??”

Glad I'm not the only one! The way Sara was acting at the end of the chapter kind of made me wonder as well. But why would she have a totally different name?

joined Feb 18, 2015

"Why now?"

"What do you think the reason is?"

After spending the entire date thinking about Hinako...

"OHHHH... that's why... because she's worried that Hinako likes me that way too... Does she? Wait... Do I? I... I think I do..."

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

You know, one thing that the Tokyo trip drove home... No matter how torturously long it FEELS like these two have been not progressing in their relationship and getting blocked at all turns by their friends planning group things that interfere with private dates... they've only been "dating" for about THREE MONTHS.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Me, with my allergies, riding that car would be a personal hell I'll never recover from.

I hear that! That is the car of DOOM!

I'm very glad the Prince called Kase out on causing a scene in front of the station on a false premise. I think a lot of the negative reaction to Kase's jealousy stems from how severe her reaction to the Prince was; not the fact that she WAS jealous. I'm hopeful that Kase will take his advice to heart and try to keep herself in check.

While I agree with this in part and don't think Kase should be telling Yamada not to interact with other people, like the Flower Prince, there is another aspect of the problem that was entirely unaddressed: Yamada's inability to communicate with her girlfriend when she is fixated on something.

A large part of the reason that Kase got so out of sorts and upset is that Yamada was consistently unresponsive to her messages on Line and was not answering her phone calls. When you add in the fact that Yamada consistently disregards Kase's concerns that she is too unguarded around guys by stating that she's sure that there aren't any guys who would be interested in her, despite the fact that there have been several who have shown interest across the course of the manga (at the school festival in high school, at the group date in college, at the swimming pool, etc...) it feeds Kase's worry about someone else getting close to her and making a move on her. The whole "wondering if she'd rather be with a guy" thing is probably just Kase's own insecurity because she feels like she was always the more aggressive one in their relationship and Yamada never dated anyone other than her. Now, as readers, we all know that Yamada is head over heels for Kase and that her denials of her own attractiveness stem from her low self-esteem and not any realistic appraisal of how other people view her.

In addition, it turns out that the Flower Prince DID seem to be pursuing Yamada in earlier sections of the story. She had to turn him down when he offered her a ride. He singled her out for attention in their class, even though she perceived it as negative, he probably considered what he was doing as giving her constructive criticism and professional advice. And in this chapter we found out that, low and behold, he WAS pursuing her, but not in any romantic way. He was looking for someone he could trust to pass off some of the extra plants that his (beloved?) boss gave him that he just didn't want to give away to someone who wouldn't take proper care of them. The reason he seemed to be harder on her was probably that he was testing her convictions and wanted to make sure she would stick to her guns and do things her way and not buckle to the way the "expert" told her to do it. However, until he explained everything, it would have been very easy for anyone watching, including Yamada's classmates or Kase if she were following people's posts about things at her school, to interpret it as "The Flower Prince seems interested in Yamada!"

That hell, she is too possessive! let Yamada live her life dammit or better yet trust in her you idiot! hope this incident really let her know how stupid she was acting.

I've always perceived Kase's possessiveness as being driven more by Yamada's naivety and lack of awareness of how pretty she is (due to low self-esteem issues largely). I can understand that getting worse now that they are living about an hour apart and in Tokyo. If just once, Yamada would acknowledge that other people DO find her attractive instead of dismissing it out of hand when Kase expresses concern, then I'd say Kase is entirely out of line. Until then, I really can't blame her for having a pervading feeling of unease about her girlfriend when it comes to how unguarded she is, especially when she is not responding to messages.

So... did anyone else get the distinct impression that the reason the Flower Prince just couldn't get rid of the HUGE amount of plants that Sensei gives him has to do with something similar to why Kase was so jealous? As in... maybe they are dating and that's why he rushed the two girls off the street so quickly when he realized what exactly was going on? (He understands what it is like to be an adult gay person in Japan and wanted to get them in private to talk?)

joined Feb 18, 2015

Threatening to take her powers!

joined Feb 18, 2015

I'm so glad this story didn't end with them becoming a couple!

And next week before gym class... "Ayaka... what's happened there?" "Oh... It's just a bite... must have been a bug in the house?"

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

For some reason, I kept waiting for Kurokawa to take one more step to the left during her rant and tumble down the stairs.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

If I'm not mistaken, Nanoha just saw herself as a teacher consulting the school librarian...

joined Feb 18, 2015

Nothing quite like mutual unrequited love.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

I love the explanatory text at the end, which I kind of read as a voice-over narration, explaining how she didn't understand what the news anchors meant by "genetic compatibility" having to do with having healthy children. It really gives the whole thing a very "nature documentary" feel... Just me? Yeah, probably...

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Take your blackmail and shove it... in fact, I'll subtly blackmail you right back by implying that I can prove that you've been trying to sabotage your costar's career...

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Um... haven't they kissed before?

joined Feb 18, 2015

How exactly do these two still have their powers if magical girls aren't supposed to be able to be in love and have powers?

The only explanation would be that the magic is heteronormative...

last edited at Apr 27, 2021 11:03AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

I seem to recall another manga with a scientist and OL where the big invention the scientist presented to the company board at the end of the manga was some kind of stress relief product based on the exact "hand feel" of the OL protagonists breasts.... similar art style too...

joined Feb 18, 2015

I think she means it's too good....

joined Feb 18, 2015

She nailed it

It's rude to call your girlfriend "it" Ayaka!

zensunni
Only I Know discussion 12 Apr 15:07
joined Feb 18, 2015

I am getting frustrated with the "closeted together" trope. I find the message that it delivers to be dubious at best.

In a country where conformity to societal norms is expected and same-sex relationships are not legal, I don't see this as a problem. After all, ANY public displays of affection, regardless of the genders of the couple, are frowned upon in Japan. It wouldn't be uncommon for a coworker to be in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex and have it be entirely unknown to the rest of the people working there.

There is a strong divide between the "private" and "public" in people's lives.

That hell? why does she need their addresses for?

I wondered that as well!

joined Feb 18, 2015

Honestly, the bully is the most interesting part of this for me. I don't really have patience for the MC puttering around and such.

Also it's implied the bully pushed MC's crush, right?

Yeah, I think you're right. It appears set up to look like a suicide, but since she goes up there often enough then the bully probably did it. Which could make for an interesting story if MC figures this out and realizes she has to get on good terms with the bully to save Suyeon.

Yeah... I'm guessing that in the original timeline the bully figured out that she was finally going to confess and followed her crush to the roof and put an end to it, whether it was intentional or accidental. I think that the end game will be the MC going to school early that day and trying to be on the roof before her girlfriend, because they probably will be by that time, and finding out that the bully comes up and she tries to stop it and ends up going over the edge herself, then wakes up at the age of 29 in bed with her girlfriend.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

While Kase's reaction to the scene with the Prince giving Yamada a huge amount of flowers was a bit over the top, the fact that Yamada had not been responding to Kase's messages on Line all day, especially right near when Kase showed up when she was leaving campus and heading to her apartment or her work and wasn't busy working with flowers, is a problem. And it's not the first time, since the previous episode featured Kase showing up on campus without Yamada knowing she was coming because she hadn't been paying attention to her messages all day because her phone was in her locker.

You can say all you want about Kase's jealousy being unfounded, but Yamada discounting Kase's fears and jealousy and not taking her concerns seriously is just as big of a problem. Yes, it is rooted in Yamada's inherent lack of self-esteem. She doesn't see how anyone, Kase included, could be interested in her. But that doesn't help Kase feel that she isn't a sitting duck for a predator who might try to hurt her.

And why exactly is this TV personality giving these flowers to Yamada in the first place? And worse yet, why is he calling her Yui-chan? Isn't that a bit familiar?

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

like i just want to point out that this her older sister's OLDER friend so there's an age gap even between kyouko n nariko.
there's s high chance kyouko groomed nariko n hence the way she looked when she realized kyouko is talking to her LITTLE SISTER n even if it's not really that, we all know is not for s good reason so :/
in conclusion, amazing art but im out

Wow... that's a major conclusion jump after a single chapter, making massive assumptions about all sorts of things, including the relative ages of the characters. Fascinating considering that we learn in the second chapter that Nachan is about 11 years older than Ruri and probably OLDER than Kyouko if not the same age and that their relationship was not quite what we assumed it was. They held hands and went out together, but there wasn't any sign of them being intimate and Nachan clearly balked at the concept when Kyouko pretty much blatantly confessed.

Based on the second chapter, I'd say it's clear that Nachan had serious self-esteem issues and while she has feelings for Kyouko, she also envies her too much to be able to have a healthy relationship with her.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I absolutely love the response of the two at the crossing to the idiot couple returning the fourth time!

joined Feb 18, 2015

You know... when I was in sixth grade there was a girl who looked not too different from what that girl looks like. She had been held back a couple of times, mind you, but she was still in grade school in our school system. Not to mention that my own sister has not grown an INCH since she was in sixth grade. (She HAS grown in other ways, but she was already fairly well developed in terms of breast size by that time. She was one of the tallest people in her sixth grade class and probably the shortest in her graduating class... to give you an idea of just how young-looking she is, she was carded for an R-Rated movie... when she was 35 years-old!)

So... yeah... there could be a girl with those proportions in sixth grade. In Japan? That's probably a stretch...