Forum › Posts by MegaWallflower

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

The coercion fantasies are sort of.... um. Pretty 'lay back and think of England'-esque.

But it looks like there's hope for actual development! Glad this reads like a boku-tsukkomi thing, I can only imagine how long this has been going along for both of them to be this used to it from each other. And since Komaki seems to enjoy yanking her chain, that gives me hope. And that climax!

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

So fun looking back to all those references! It really makes me remember how far Sosugu and the others have all come in the manga. I hope we can see some developments like this in the main story soon too!

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I love these mutual pining things

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Hop step jump! Shugo Chara?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of that at the title

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Cliffhanger! Now I'm curious...

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

More KyoYui~

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I still believe her gf is Ai even though I'm team Megumi, but we all know the real endgame is never finding out.

It is a spinoff of the original Yuru Yuri. I'm sure we'll find out the endgame pair in this as soon as we get all the canon pairs actually going out in the other one!

So after the heat death of the universe, I'm guessing? See you all then!

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

This was too cute and heartwarming for what an emotional roller coaster it was

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I'm a simple girl, I see science babies, I favorite

...But this really ended much more happily than I expected for a post-apocalyptic world where the main character was worried about who would die first. Such a happy family. They found a way to this happiness, I want to believe they'll find other miracles to keep going too.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

This looks like silly, ridiculous fun. Super Miracle Girl...

Well, I guess we have a definite villain and a definite goal now.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Lets just say, if you think Satou deserves a happy ending, then you miss the point entirely.

I can't even argue, haha. True, true!

I hope for Shio to find a stable, happy life at least, as rare as that seems in this setting.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Keep in mind she's given zero logical reason why she believes she's entitled to possess Shio.

I don't think most people think about "logical reasons" they're "entitled" to "possess" another person. And this is definitely not a story for logical reasoning. However, Satou has given two reasons:
1. Satou loves Shio, she was unhappy before, but she can be happy when Shio is with her.
2. Shio loves Satou, she was unhappy before, but she can be happy when Satou is with her.

I've been keeping up with the raw scans and wow, they both have good reason to feel that way. Not to say I know if it'll actually lead them to be happy in the long run, I'm starting to doubt the possibility of a happy ending more and more.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 10:00PM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Heart? Diamond? Specific reference to suits of cards?

........ Moirail-zoned.

It was right there from the start and some of us were still foolish enough to hope for matespritship

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Aw, I was seriously rooting for Torayama...

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

It's finally the springtime of youth for Onoda! I've been rooting for her to fall in love since the start~

MegaWallflower
Yuru Yuri discussion 21 Jan 00:20
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

AKARI NOOOOOOOOOO

MegaWallflower
Aiura discussion 29 Dec 19:34
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

This is a contest I could win

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I prefer to keep it simple and think she actually does split in half somehow.

:v

Same, that was what I came away with before I ever considered it being a complex metaphor. I sort of creepy supernatural Yuri. It's nice to see something all it's own, really. :>

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Half of me wants a tag that warns us when it's a fruitless crush on a straight girl T-T

But then the twist would be ruined, huh?

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

She wanted her girlfriend to move on, even if it meant resenting her. Depending on the nature of the illness, watching a loved one fight a losing battle and slowly waste away can be painful for both of them. Even if her girlfriend was willing to be there for her, she might not have wanted to be a burden and feel the weight of that when she was the one dying. Death's a pretty personal decision for the person dying, too. Hard to want to be considerate when your time is almost up. I get where she's coming from. Dying wishes can be pretty selfish.

That said, I didn't realize it until she said "the day of the funeral" so that hit me like a freight train.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 3:55PM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014
  • The mention of Monica that her wreath withers many times means she is in coma or brain dead as the story never suggests she had a memory of her past. You have to remember that they forgot their memories but Finè had vague ones. The withering means you have to go back.That means you are not ready. The flower symbolizes your acceptance of your physical death. Monica maybe too young to grasp the meaning of death that is why she had a hard time making the wreath and if she did make one, it withers. It may also suggests that her family is keeping her physically alive through medical machines.

Monica might have been lying to make Fine feel better, though. She did fake-cry to win Fine's sympathy (not in a mean way, of course), and unlike Fine, leaving the school destroyed Monica. Plus, Monica seemed in the dark about the significance of wilted wreaths.

last edited at Dec 11, 2017 12:07AM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I really loved that story, there's something about vague-ish endings that make some stories resonate so much with me.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

knthomsen posted:

(shit.. She was nice to me!?)
acts cold for no reason

There must be a reason of course, maybe is something dumb like "A kid 8 years ago said that my smile was ugly so I decided to never talk to anyone ever again" I hope not.

"The day my older brother destroyed my clan, I swore to never smile again, to never think of any joy until I had my revenge. And I swore to never have a closest friend. Otherwise... I might just do what he told me to do to become strong."

is my theory.

MegaWallflower
Stomach discussion 05 Dec 01:56
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Their morbid curiosity is always weirdly cute, somehow

MegaWallflower
Dark Widow discussion 17 Nov 00:41
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I didn't know this became a series! This got better and better with each chapter, it's so funny and cute. All the references are so much fun.