Forum › Posts by Parnifia the Bastard

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Why don’t you at least try to appreciate and make the best out of the story. I’ve seen plenty of shit relationships and have been in one, but I still appreciate this story.

i don't know maybe because their ISN'T any "best" to get out of it. the relationship didn't end well both of them lost their time, end of the story. not talking about short haired girl ending up alone and suffering for nothing (because she said she cried "a little" )

We literally, and I mean literally already know that she doesn't end up alone. The artist said blatantly that this was a prologue to a manga they had already been working on, in which Miwa (short-haired girl) starts going out with two-tone-hair girl. You really can't just wait for the next installment to see that happen?

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

In my case it's not so much that bisexuality is bad (hell, I'm biromantic myself), but I don't trust manga authors to be any good at depicting it. As a rule they've got a history of being pretty terrible at it.

So bis are great, stories about bis tend to be pretty crap.

Didn't you know? Male or female, we only exist to incite narrative drama by cheating on our partners.

And we always cheat with people of the opposite gender than our partners. Yuri manga have not been kind to bi people, lol.

It's not just yuri manga. I read a webcomic where the exact same thing happened with a male couple.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

true reallity is cruel and always end bad. as we can see in this story. for me it's definitly a bad ending for short haired girl. why would you put reallity in manga? isn't life sh*tty enough? that's why fantasy as been created because reality never turns well and this story just proves it.

Wow. It sounds like you've had a rough time of it. However, now you're just projecting onto reality. Humans aren't nearly as incapable of having healthy and affectionate relationships as you seem to think they are, and I can't really see why you're taking that position here. It's quite silly, to be honest.

Parnifia the Bastard
Their Story discussion 24 May 11:10
joined Aug 4, 2014

Well... I guess this is better than the whole series being called off. I just hope that it returns to a central narrative someday.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

In my case it's not so much that bisexuality is bad (hell, I'm biromantic myself), but I don't trust manga authors to be any good at depicting it. As a rule they've got a history of being pretty terrible at it.

So bis are great, stories about bis tend to be pretty crap.

Didn't you know? Male or female, we only exist to incite narrative drama by cheating on our partners.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

I liked how this story was supposed to be some cliched dramatic story about exs and wide eyed kouhais, but instead turned into a pretty chill and realistic story. This was a refreshing read.

I'm pretty sure that story comes next.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Well, I never asked, but I received anyway.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

That was surprisingly enjoyable. I really like how there wasn't any drama forced in; they were both on the same page in terms of investment (as bad as that may seem). Can't wait to see the followups.

Parnifia the Bastard
Faulty reader? 23 May 18:05
joined Aug 4, 2014

I have the same issue, although it happens on my phone more often than my desktop.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

I think the whole Ayano x Kyouko crush has just been meant as a tease from the start by the author.

It's all a tease. Basically the entire series is just simultaneous protracted teases. I highly doubt it's ever been Namori's intention to portray any given pairing as being better than others, except of course for Himawari and Sakurako, which is the one single constant.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

I didn't even notice this was a serial until I was done and looked up at the top. It felt like a one-shot.

I would guess that Suzuki was testing the waters before going all gung-ho for a series. Then again, Honto no Kokoro's first chapter felt the same way, so maybe that's just their personal style?

Also, I'd like to note that there's another oneshot on Suzuki's Pixiv that doesn't seem to be translated yet.

Parnifia the Bastard
Opapagoto discussion 23 May 12:57
joined Aug 4, 2014

Re-reading this up to the most recent chapters, I'm getting the same vibe as I did from Epistle 3 last year. This is the rest of the story we were supposed to get, stripped down to its most basic elements. And despite it being presented as a messy infodump, the story itself is spectacular, and I feel like it would have been immensely enjoyable to read as it was intended. Truly, this kind of situation is just tragic.

Parnifia the Bastard
The Third Party 23 May 00:17
joined Aug 4, 2014

You know, I've read people complaining that Lily Love (the first series, not the current) was too bland, but at the very least it didn't do that.

Well, P’Mew does go off to school overseas, but that is the topic of the last act, so while it stretches the plot out a bit, it’s a long way from being sudden artificial drama or unmotivated angst. And while the series may not have been especially thrilling, I thought Lily Love was pretty darling, myself. Sometimes I’m fine with just meeting characters and watching them find out that they really like each other.

Yeah, I really liked it. The final act, although a bit awkward, didn't really feel forced or out of place. Overall, it was a feel-good series, which I can appreciate. And I also appreciate that the sequel isn't just copying from the original, though I'm not quite sure what direction it's heading at this point.

Parnifia the Bastard
Liberty discussion 23 May 00:04
joined Aug 4, 2014

You know, I'm probably going to sound immature and antagonistic, but I just need to get this off my chest.

Fuck Liz. Fuck Aki. I was thinking about why I disliked stories like this so much, and then I remembered why. And that memory is so upsetting that I just want to cry.
Someone just like Liz or Aki, who takes their own issues and torments someone else for them, made my life hell for a time. I suffered. And that ordeal was half of the root that led to the problems I'm having now. I never wanted to remember that, and words can't even describe how awful I feel now that I have. And this happens to be the second time this month that this has happened.
I really hope this wasn't supposed to cultivate any sort of sympathy for Liz's character. Because I agree with people saying that she's just being a huge baby bitch. And a huge baby bitch just like her nearly ruined my life. I dropped The Rain and the Other Side of You because I hated one of the leads and the other was just a spineless idiot, but this takes that and turns it up to eleven.

Again, I know it doesn't paint a good picture of me to post something like this, but... God damn, I don't need more reasons to feel awful about myself, yet I keep getting handed them anyway.

Parnifia the Bastard
The Third Party 22 May 23:27
joined Aug 4, 2014

What Does the Fox Say?, The Love Doctor, Serenade, Pulse, and The Third Party were all good-to-adequate yuri stories marred by a less-than-satisfactory final act, and every single one of them involved a weakly-motivated long-term disappearance by one of the protagonists followed by a (usually) briefly depicted reunion. I don’t know why anybody thinks this needs to be the default resolution of a yuri story, but somebody at Lezhin evidently does.

You know, I've read people complaining that Lily Love (the first series, not the current) was too bland, but at the very least it didn't do that.

Parnifia the Bastard
Opapagoto discussion 22 May 23:24
joined Aug 4, 2014

This manga deserved to run much longer.

Say, aren't you the one I discussed Gamma's ending with? Looks like there's another manga to add to that list.

joined Aug 4, 2014

This falls somewhere between Yuzumori-san and Tsubakuma. And I hear if you stray too far towards Tsubakuma you can never come back.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

See, the thing is, people are talking about not wanting rape/sexual abuse being introduced as a plot device, but I would have wanted it much sooner. This manga already shredded any sympathy I would have had for the girl, and I actually don't care what happens to her past this point. I've simply lost any investment I had in this, and I'm not falling for the sunk cost fallacy.

What did you do to become so woke?

I read a lot of stories that I didn't like to the end thinking I might change my mind. And in the end, I felt just as dissatisfied as I did while reading them.
I'm not going to say the story is terrible, or that the characters are universally unlikable, or anything subjective like that, but I will say that this chapter convinced me that I don't want to read any further.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Well, I'd like to wish good luck to any brave souls continuing on this journey. As for me... this is where I get off.

Wait one more chapter fellow friend. That is where all the issues will be brought to light and we can drop it together if needed

See, the thing is, people are talking about not wanting rape/sexual abuse being introduced as a plot device, but I would have wanted it much sooner. This manga already shredded any sympathy I would have had for the girl, and I actually don't care what happens to her past this point. I've simply lost any investment I had in this, and I'm not falling for the sunk cost fallacy.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Well, I'd like to wish good luck to any brave souls continuing on this journey. As for me... this is where I get off.

joined Aug 4, 2014

This was... different, I suppose.

joined Aug 4, 2014

So, we may have just gotten confirmation that Eternity Larva either was or is a goddess.
Also, given Hecatia's attitude, I can't help but feel like everything she said was just a roundabout excuse for Clownpiece to have fun and experience new things.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

I also heard the mangaka previously drew yuri.

Indeed, it's right here on the site. Nailbat Madoka is a personal favorite of mine.

last edited at May 21, 2018 9:33AM

Parnifia the Bastard
Anime season 21 May 09:25
joined Aug 4, 2014

"I may be extremely terrified, but I'm also extremely gay."

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

It's about time I saw this artist's work on the site. I can't get enough of his curvy art style.