Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Chikaon
Wanna Sip? discussion 09 Sep 19:24
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Seeing that the author is a fan of Yuru Yuri makes a lot of sense. This one shot did give me some Yuru Yuri vibes haha. Very cute

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I hope we get more spicy scenes next chapter

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

idiot couple

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow can't believe it's been 5 years. It felt like 3 haha. Great, wholesome end. Just sad there's no Akira closure but overall really, really enjoyed following this series through the years.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Daki%20gonna%20need%20cleaning

Bro this cracked me up so bad LMFAO

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

As of now, Erika is totally my type of character. If she turns out to be the villian... I'll support your wrongs girl!

I was kinda hoping it was gonna be the love triangle where they all have unrequited loves, but that ending makes me think it won't be :(

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

y'all say this development is sudden but really, how long did you want this realization to be stretched out for?
Having the thought "huh, seems familiar", voicing it and immediately being told "fucking finally, took you long enough" def makes for better pacing than another 17 chapters of
"okay i think she might be my childhood friend, but is she really? Let me go through the most convoluted ways of secretly confirming my suspicion without her finding out" xD

I dont think the realization is the issue for why it seems so sudden. To me it felt sudden for her friend to completely drop her tsuntsun and openly admit "I still think you're my girlfriend." Like logically it all makes sense, but I think the way it's been presented with her being so blunt about it feels off compared to the rest of the series.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Progress at the speed of light. Hopefully it doesn't just end because it'd be fun seeing them as a couple for a few more chapters.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I can understand people getting upset over this nurse lady here. Completely out of line and horrible. Now, if she used a rape drug we could share a laugh like at the start of the series.

Comedy is all about the context. In the early chapters, the love potion was being usesd more or less unintentionally and the person responsible was arguably suffering the most while everything was so over the top and silly that you could easily suspend disbelief and judgment

The Nurse scene was played very real, with a student coming to her in a moment of weakness to voice a concern about themselves and the nurse seemingly taking advantage of that situation to have her way with her, which is a common real world problem

Thank you. I knew there was something off about this chapter that didn't really vibe with me that wasn't the age gap and you summarized it perfectly.

Like knowing Mochi, age gap is unsurprising (and R exists), but the tone of this chapter is just so different from the other ones that it kinda took me off guard.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 9:04AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Super fun start. Totally gonna be looking forward to the updates for this series. Crazy x Crazy is completely my jam.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Aghhh love Hibai and Gina together. This was a great set up for a side arc with them, but that last page ended so abruptly :(

Sad to see that there where plenty of more ideas for 2 volumes worth but they weren't able to complete it

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I agree, if you read the story from beginning to end, I doubt you'd find a consistent story flow, it certainly didn't feel that way reading chapter by chapter. Remember when it started as some romantic comedy between Rose and Benika. And then it had that randomly long action sequence of protect the Dad. And then it introduced the 2 new hitmen doing an idiot duo routine. The tone of the story was everywhere, it really does feel like story beats were written week by week.

I think how the scans were released did have an effect on my enjoyment. Because of how wacky and whiplashy the chapters were, it was fun keeping up with it as the english translation was released almost daily. It was easy to just go with the flow and wonder what was gonna happen next without having to wait a month for minimal payoff. Also because of how fast it was released, there wasn't a sense of time sunk cost fallacy you would get if you had to wait a long time for chapters or if you binged it in one go. Short daily/weekly chapters were easy to digest and then move on with the rest of the day.

Also knowing it was gonna end in 43 chapters helped lower my expectations for the ending so this open ended end wasn't the worst end ever. There was no possible way it would have been able to wrap everything that was dumped on us in the last 10 chapters neatly so imo it ended as well as it could have.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was a fun read all the way from beginning to end. I enjoyed the realistic ending and it was cool to see a story talk about refugee issues like this. Thanks so much for scanalating it! I'm looking forward to the Hibai and Gina extra!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Mona can fix Shion ^_^

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I gotta be that person
where's the second one from

2nd pic is from The Real Her:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_real_her_ch02#4

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I know this chapter is supposed to be a serious one, but that final panel of the dad getting a fork and knife shoved down his throat is too damn funny

I have seen one too many postmortem pictures of folks whose teeth were ripped out as part of torture to be as comfortable with that panel.

^ I must say, I would have really preferred not to read that. Not entirely sure why you're seeing so many of those images, or how it's relevant to the comic at hand (...I struggle to imagine a fork was involved).

(Ch. 37 edit)
Okay, what the actual fuck.

Lmao that was my reaction as well. Like "lol ok I take what I said back xD"

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 5:31PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I know this chapter is supposed to be a serious one, but that final panel of the dad getting a fork and knife shoved down his throat is too damn funny

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

At this point, I'm just hoping Kawai Rou is ok and healthy. I will miss this series tho :(

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

She completely ignored yae's threat and asked her 16 year old CHILD TO MARRY HER?! and then she bitched on about how 'we'll have our obstacles to overcome', like shut up and stop sugar coating the fact that you're a straight up pedo ugh

Dude if you read up until the end, where were you expecting the story to go?? Like the whole age gap premise was there from chapter one. Were you just reading this to see if Kusanagi gets arrested or something lmao? This series also has never shied away from all the repercussions of being with a minor and Kusanagi did reject Kazuki's advances for most of the series.

Like could she have waited until Kazuki was 18 to actually start being in a relationship? Yeah (and that STILL wouldn't be acceptable irl due to grooming), but we all knew what this story was gonna be about from the get go so no point in getting angry about the outcome lol.

last edited at Jul 29, 2023 8:40PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

got hooked on the artwork, but the comments are hilariously alarming??? apparently this is the tamest out of all the author's work? considering she pretty much assaulted her, that's a bit... uh.

oh well, i'm in for the ride.

Lol I think most of us are most familiar with Flowerchild's "It's a Detatched Relationship". It's super fun if you enjoy the messiest of toxic trainwrecks.

@chikaon: is that kaleido star????????

Yessss!!! Glad to know ppl still recognize it hahahah. I'll love Sora and Layla forever

last edited at Jul 28, 2023 2:52AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ah now that's the Flowerchild we all know and love.

Still not as much of a trainwreck as the other series, but I can smell the potential lol

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Don't be shy Sena! Pat the Kiku!!

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Thanks so much for the NicoTori! Loved both parts. Interesting way for it to end. I liked how it fit in with Nico's idol ideals, but also kept it hopeful and overall happy. IRL it'd be too painful to keep that sort of relationship limbo for so long though xD

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Always love the tension between the two of them in this story. The dialogue always makes my heart clench for some reason. I love the melancholic and distant tone of the whole series. It kinda always feels like I'm floating in the ocean reading it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Kinda surprised by some of the complaints in here (aside from the het bc ofc there is...). I think the pacing so far is fine and everything makes sense. I like the story telling and really enjoyed the pov shift.

I'm surprised to hear there's over 100 chapters. That's great! Just means more to look forward to.

what?? this is over 100 chapters long?? and then you have a lot of great mangas with great premises axed in the 4th volume and even before smh

That's a pretty harsh to imply that this series doesnt have a great premise. I think messy band girls is always a great premise lol. We've only read 4 chapters and they are fairly short chapters too so let's just give it some more time before judging it so hard.