Forum › Posts by Koveras

Koveras
SHY discussion 02 Nov 02:43
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Just put on the ring, ending with a yandere isn't so bad after you get used to it.

She will turn into monster if she put on that ring, remember the first girl?

I am not sure about that. Shy has already confronted and de-ringed two Almareiks. While those instances happened when she was transformed, there have been hints throughout the series that it's not the transformer gadget that makes her a superhero, but her fiery spirit, so to speak. As such, I wouldn't be too worried if she does put on the ring, but rather very interested in how the two would interact. I.e. whether the ring will simply be destroyed or rendered inert, or the Shy would somehow appropriate its power and incorporate it into her arsenal of abilities.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh and your statement would apply to not only Astra But Liane as well wouldnt it?

Yes, I am pretty sure that Liane is set up by the story as the new generation's Astra: someone who will rise from humble beginnings to a position of respect and authority on merit alone. This is what makes her rivalry with Glamor so emotionally charged, as Glamor reasonably expects that she will be her dad's successor.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

except that the Japanese pop culture has taught us that anything vaguely Christian is always evil, regardless of how benevolent it looks at first glance.

Nah, DQ taught me churches are great.

What's DQ? Don Quixote?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Fun fact: You usually appear much more attractive to another person who loves you than you do to yourself.

In other news, epic credits are epic.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Astra best dad.

If it turns out he's a politician who amassed a ton of power and is popular just by being a generally good dude, it will be the biggest reversal in manga history. I can see now why he's so popular

On the other hand, isn't that how angelic politics are supposed to work? Angels are supposed to be embodiments of goodness and order, except that the Japanese pop culture has taught us that anything vaguely Christian is always evil, regardless of how benevolent it looks at first glance. If you disregard that preconception, is there anything surprising in a "generally good dude" rising through the angelic ranks to a position of respect and authority?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

What a mess, the doctor literally tried to set her up and our girl still almost failed

How high is her Uselessness stat, do you reckon?

Koveras
SHY discussion 29 Oct 09:30
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

shy getting a harem

SHY has been building out her harem pretty much from chapter 1.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hey, maybe the sketchy politics can be justified since it's an Otome game, not a "historically authentic" fantasy game.

Maybe, but only if the devs had tweeted a solemn JPEG apologizing and explaining how their game is not political at all. :-)

last edited at Nov 2, 2021 2:39AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, Bai Xinxin was a streamer who got transmigrated into this game world, and was trying to save Lan Sha (alongside herself) from the myriad of tragic endings, but Lan Sha is being controlled by an outside person in the “real world”, who just so happens to look exactly like Lan Sha.

So this isn’t a world based on the game, she’s literally trapped inside the videogame, and she’s trying to romance the player insert character who is controlled by the outside person… This is gonna be complicated.

What fascinates me more is that there are apparently two versions of the same game in the "real" world, one where you play the princess (which Bai played) and one where you play the witch (which Glasses plays right now), but neither player was aware of the respective other version prior to this chapter.

see, here's the thing I dislike about Chinese manhua: the logic progression of the story is just, ehhh at times. It's like they expected the readers to understand the information all of the sudden but without in-depth explanation. It's kinda like info-dumping but not. I suspect it's something to do with all the random jumping between scenes, it just feels so abrupt.

Honestly, I prefer that to the exposition dumps found in 95% of fantasy mangas that feel compelled to explain the the whole setting, history, and magic system on the first page of the first chapter. That said, this comic is way too disjointed for my tastes, as rather than piecing together just one thing (setting, plot, or characterization), it forces me to juggle all three at the same time.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I completely understand why she did that
But also HOLY FUCK that's not cool

What you said, word for word.

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 4:21AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Also, a bit late to the party but in regards to types of revolutions As much as I enjoy this series I'll definitely say that the politics behind most of these things are pretty sketchy, Inori sensei seems to have a pretty (standard) myopic vision of politics that basically starts and ends with the modern japanese state. I'm still waiting for some solid anti-capitalist yuri, I know it's out there somewhere.

Inori-sensei is just one of many romance writers who try to spice their romance with political machinations without understanding how different kinds of power arrangements and long-standing structures work. Then again, I cannot imagine that the Japanese publishing industry is too keen on biting the hand the feeds it by publishing actual anti-capitalist content. Limitations of the medium, I guess.

EDIT: About a year ago, there was a guy named Kirin around here who also loved this topic... I bet he could've written a novel on this thing alone. :D Sadly, he hasn't posted anything since January, and I wonder what happened to him...

I try not to think too hard about the implication of "you saved me" because it's probably something along the lines of "you were in a videogame I liked when my life was miserable", and that just strikes me as stupid, but I guess this sort of thing comes with the genre. I can't seem to be able to fully ignore it though :P

I do not think it is stupid to latch on a person, even a fictional one, as a beacon of hope when you are on the edge of just giving up on life. Whatever helps you get away from that edge and starting to feel alive again is fine by me. I personally have never experienced such attachment to a character, but I imagine that if I did and then got to meet them in person, I'd feel pretty much the same way as Rei.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 6:43AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Scanlator thought they had finally escaped the maids, but there is no escape

Once you go maids, you can never go back.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I figured out the "twist" as soon as I saw Ichiki, because the artist has managed to capture the way actual short-sighted folks squint without their glasses. I also liked the fact that the protag went from "she's cute" to "I love her" when Ichiki showed a particular vulnerability to her. The desire to protecc always makes one fall for the crush even harder...

If they're both nearsighted, using the glasses of someone who's less nearsighted than you should still help somewhat, right?

Yes, that's why people can still wear the same glasses long after their eyes have diverged from their original prescription. It's not ideal, but it's still way better than going without them at all.

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 1:25PM

Koveras
Semelparous discussion 24 Oct 03:22
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Da fuck you mean she is alive ? She died on her way to the operation room in the facility, it's not like she died on the battlefield. She supposly get buried or something and no way two highers up wouldn't know about her being alive.Just tell meit's something else. A clone or something else. Her being dead was the reason Yorino snap and stop giving two shits about the mures.It wouldn't make sense to say she is somehow still alive.

Well, we've already established that there are at least two copies of every normal person, one on each side of the Bastion. Maybe there is actually a multiverse, and this is a third universe's Youko?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My bet is that there is no one she is engaged with and she just came up with that so people would stop bothering her about it

I'd like that twist even more.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Why does Zhang look so evil for no apparent reason? I'm pretty down.

Judging from the title alone, my guess is that the betrothal is somehow fraught with problems, and even though she's got a diamond ring and smiles a lot, she is actually quite insecure about it. That's why when Dai called it a joke, she stepped on a sore toe.

teacher x teacher and not teacher x student?? hell yea sign me up lol

The genre definitely lacks in the former department.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yanxing picking up GuGu to hug her and twirl her around is extremely gay

My thoughts exactly.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where does your avatar come from, Cornonthekopp?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maple_love

Thanks. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yanxing picking up GuGu to hug her and twirl her around is extremely gay

My thoughts exactly.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where does your avatar come from, Cornonthekopp?

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think the closest we've ever come to a lesbian ninja maid revolution had been the Devil Lilies movement from Iono (minor spoilers, probably).

last edited at Oct 20, 2021 1:09AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Can man live on maids alone?"
Well, according to recent research, the human body contains roughly 125,822 calories (that humans can process, anyway); assuming you can preserve it with minimal loss and eat every body part, that's roughly 50 days of food. This assumes, of course, a male cannibal with a really good fridge/freezer. So if a man can commit murder roughly every other month or so, yes, man can live on maids alone. Well, until he gets horrible prion diseases and dies, anyway.

You are a horrible person. Let me reframe that conversation: Countless anime and manga examples have proven beyond any doubt that all maids are secretly trained in the ninja arts, including hunting and survival (not to mention cooking). Therefore, there exists a finite number N, such that N maids are able to form a self-sufficient community able to generate enough surplus food to support a single adult human male regardless of his contributions to production or lack thereof. So yes, a man can live alone on the labor of N maids, at least until they rise up and overthrow him in a glorious revolution of the ninja maid proletariat, forming a new, yuritopian maid society.

...what were we talking about again? I think whatever Zanka is taking has been rubbing off on me...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kurumi is too horny for her own good. She knows that Yoroizuka cannot do anything but passively lay there, lest she commits a serious crime. And yet she says "if we continue"...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Baiser is so strong now lol, she's like a real villain

I hope Tres Magia one day realize how lucky they are to have her as their nemesis. If it was another villainess of comparable power who didn't love them so much (even if in her own pervy way), they would have all been dead long ago -- if not by her hands, then by those of that other villainess whom Utena defeated earlier (whose name I don't remember).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ohhhh does Utena wants the Tres Magia to upgrade ? But for what reason
I really love the 4d chess we seem to be in the middle of right now. It's really clear at this point what Utena is doing. I'm curious about the rationale though.

IMO Utena just loves magical girls on principle. She may have some end goal in mind, but she'd want Tres Magia to grow more and more powerful even if she didn't, because she simply watching them do so soothes her soul (as opposed to spanking Azul, which pleases her body instead).

The first part of the latest chapter made the second part obvious to me: Sulfur's attempt at acting evil was far too awkward for it to be anything other than a ruse, and Utena knew it the whole time. The question is, is this how Vena actually wanted things to go?

I wouldn't surprise me if Vena didn't have just as firm a grasp on human psychology as Utena, but I think that his end goal is very similar to Utena's: to unlock Tres Magia's full potential. It's where the two of them are going to direct that potential afterwards that is probably very different for them.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Goddamn, I am bad with sudden endings. :-/ Even though I already knew this was only a partial ending and the story would continue, it felt bad, man...

Pretty weird way to end the serialization by introducing a new character lol. Either way, I'm glad it's not the last that we'll be seeing of these two.

I have a nagging suspicion that it was axed by the publisher, like 90% of other quality yuri mangas that dare flirt with the action genre. Tatsubon's decision to keep the rights to the series and to draw it independently was a galaxy brain move.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, the student has surpassed the master...