Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

"You have a drivers license?"

"Yep"

Some of the most ominous words spoken in any slice of life manga, ever.

joined Nov 30, 2011

How much of the manga and anime that is fan-translated or fan-subbed is even available for purchase with professional work done on them outside of Japan anyway?? Without the hard work of those people, I would have never bought some manga or anime series if hadn't been for them. I've also wondered if the overseas popularity of some shows and series outside of Japan happened in no small part to these groups of people who made them available for viewing outside of Japan. Does anyone know anything related to that??

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Do you think, one day we will see certain exercises take place between Miss Sunflower and Matsuri?

Thats way too far for this manga, doubt we will even get a on screen kiss, here is hoping but i doubt it

Lol I know it would never happen (and to be honest it would totally ruin the manga for me). I would like to see a time-skip though, at some point. I think it would be pretty awesome.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

x10 about the Uozumi hate. Guy's a total dick.

Or maybe he'll just be a dick forever and never learn anything like the guy from Lemonade :(
I'm going to scratch my eyes out if that happens -_-... (which it had better not).

And thanks for the interesting tidbits about the wording. I had always thought Transgendered was for people who identified themselves as being of the other sex. On the other hand, transsexual was about dressing in clothes the other sex is mostly identified with wearing. And, I always thought transvestite was a term for people who had developed the sex organs of both sexes. I learned about their meanings in a sex ed class a few years ago but to this day, I still get them mixed up.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Do you think, one day we will see certain exercises take place between Miss Sunflower and Matsuri?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Hahaha that credits by Morishima was awesome! Especially the part where she was reacting to her characters getting together and then telling her editor that they're not friends anymore XD

Random Reader
Steps ch02 discussion 31 Jul 03:42
joined Nov 30, 2011

I had the misfortune of reading and then watching Naruto when I kept hearing how popular it was and then had the greater misfortune of going, "well.... I came this far... might as well read to the end." Now it's Dragon Ninja Balls Z Shippukai!

Random Reader
Love DNA XX discussion 29 Jul 14:46
joined Nov 30, 2011

Agreed. They were pretty spotty.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Alright that was a pretty good ending................now to spend the next week depressed because its over sigh
I wonder if Wakatsuki will keep her promise and not go to 4th base right away next week haha

I think she respects the prez enough to not take it that far. I also really liked that the prez put a stop to Wakasuki's attack on the couch. So many stories jump right into the sex. I made a small applause to that.

Random Reader
Image Comments 29 Jul 03:02
joined Nov 30, 2011
39059716_big_p1

x3. Me gusta.

Random Reader
Kase-san discussion 27 Jul 12:48
joined Nov 30, 2011

Gotta hand it to Kase, it must be tough being an athlete with a rack like that.

I'm a guy but I have a few female friends who do track. I was sure the most important tool was the shoes, but as it turns out, for women it's right fitting sports bra.

x2. Never would have guessed it at the time lol.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I think it's the rarity of these extras depicting what happens after high school that makes some series become much more than a regular romance story.

Random Reader
Dojo discussion 14 Jul 12:34
joined Nov 30, 2011

Have no idea who the characters are or what series they are from but the first two pages were very well done.

It's because you read too randomly to ever pay half a minute to search the names.

Nope. I've done it before and it never made a difference. o_0

Random Reader
Dojo discussion 14 Jul 05:28
joined Nov 30, 2011

Have no idea who the characters are or what series they are from but the first two pages were very well done.

Random Reader
Baggata Way discussion 09 Jul 16:13
joined Nov 30, 2011

Wow...this is quite the dramatic game lol. In all of my 15 years of playing sports I don't think I have ever had any speeches come close to the one that happens in this chapter lmao.

Random Reader
Teppu discussion 03 Jul 05:36
joined Nov 30, 2011

Well a lot of action oriented manga always give their protagonists one point of focus for a while or throughout a whole story. I'm hoping that doesn't happen here and it could totally not go that way since the other girl is currently whooping her so maybe we'll see something different for once where the MC is in the final bout and the rival doesn't go through this time for the first tournament.

And Teppu is already quite different from many action oriented mangas already so I think it would be good to see something mostly different from the norm.

Random Reader
Teppu discussion 02 Jul 23:22
joined Nov 30, 2011

I don't disagree with you at all Nez, about wanting to see the main character get obliterated. She really does deserve it for her behavior. I can't wait to see how she get broken down and maybe become human...or not, but then we will essentially be following the villian for the whole story ;) [even though we already basically are lol]

Random Reader
Teppu discussion 02 Jul 08:31
joined Nov 30, 2011

This should be yuri XD

Natsuo x Sanae is my dream couple for this manga

Noooo >////< Natsuo x Rei... she is the only one that knows her good side :3

YES PLEASE! YES ... It's a one side love ._. >_> for now.

I lol'd with that dream, she is truly a sadist and no matter what revelation of who she meet she can't hide her nature.

I know right! I started laughing when they said, "you have a great personality" and it repeated. But she seriously has issues.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Still not entirely sold on the premise of this story because it's so cliche ridden but I am somewhat intrigued to see how it will pan out so I'll read it to the end. Or at least until my interest wanes...

I dunno, it departs from the norm in at least one notable way in that at this point Fujiwara actually isn't into girls, at least consciously. Most stories like this, you'd be seeing feelings on both sides and assuming assuming the other didn't feel that way, and they'd just keep dancing around each other. But not here, and it's a bit refreshing.

Although obviously Fujiwara will be into Miu at the end, but the trip there isn't quite the standard one yet.

Well I think it's also the fact that a fair amount of it focuses on the story from Miu's side. So we still really have no idea how Fujiwara is handling the relationship.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Thought it had a satisfying ending nonetheless ian. :)

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 22 Jun 06:31
joined Nov 30, 2011

One of my two predictions about Ran's father's death... Seems like I wasn't too far off. (Stated this on pg.19... along with some other, generally speaking, far fetched theories lol.)

The other possibility is it's tied to the 2011 tsunami and her dad got dragged out to sea. (That earthquake bit in chapter 6, pg.5 still confuses the hell out of me to be honest.) And her saying, "I'm so glad," may be her hearing that her mom is finally recovering from the death of her father.

Also, what's with the mentioning about Keiko's mother's death? I must have misread something somewhere because this is new to me. O_o. (As a theory anyways.)

last edited at Jun 22, 2014 6:32AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

x2 Nezchan. It never felt dragged out and their problems seemed pretty well thoughtout. I just wish we got to see them develop as a couple. But one of the best moments was seeing their class supporting them all the way at the end. I don't know why but I found that really satisfying lol.

Random Reader
Anemone discussion 20 Jun 23:53
joined Nov 30, 2011

Haha I'd rather see her add at least another chapter or two to some of her previous works rather than a full blown sex scene.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Chikaon isn't the only one. I have reread this quite a few times myself over the years.

I've only read it three times, so I'm not an addict like you guys!

Not exactly addicted but I thought it had pretty good pacing and character growth with little to no filler at all. And the two main characters' relationship was growing inch by inch, becoming intimate/friendly little by little. Then it was cancelled -_- ....

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 18 Jun 17:49
joined Nov 30, 2011

Yup, Matsui is a means to an end, no doubt. One might assume the usual dragging out the story, but how about this:
Perhaps she is actually intentionally trying to force Mei as well as Yuzu to come to terms with their feelings? I know, I know, chances are very slim and I wouldn't bet on it myself, but I could imagine in the end it plays out as "Yeah, I never really wanted Yuzu for myself, I just wanted to agitate you two so much that you finally speak your feelings."
From what we saw her dealing with the one girl when Matsui was introduced that would fit. Her, unorthodoxly, taking care of other's love lives.

Lol I had the same thought after finishing the latest chapter... then I had this thought ...V

Then again, with the weird and sometimes totally illogical character development in this story I might overthink this...

It's just good to know I'm not the only one thinking it cannot be that simple ;p