Forum › Posts by Koveras

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Scanlator thought they had finally escaped the maids, but there is no escape

Once you go maids, you can never go back.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I figured out the "twist" as soon as I saw Ichiki, because the artist has managed to capture the way actual short-sighted folks squint without their glasses. I also liked the fact that the protag went from "she's cute" to "I love her" when Ichiki showed a particular vulnerability to her. The desire to protecc always makes one fall for the crush even harder...

If they're both nearsighted, using the glasses of someone who's less nearsighted than you should still help somewhat, right?

Yes, that's why people can still wear the same glasses long after their eyes have diverged from their original prescription. It's not ideal, but it's still way better than going without them at all.

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 1:25PM

Koveras
Semelparous discussion 24 Oct 03:22
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Da fuck you mean she is alive ? She died on her way to the operation room in the facility, it's not like she died on the battlefield. She supposly get buried or something and no way two highers up wouldn't know about her being alive.Just tell meit's something else. A clone or something else. Her being dead was the reason Yorino snap and stop giving two shits about the mures.It wouldn't make sense to say she is somehow still alive.

Well, we've already established that there are at least two copies of every normal person, one on each side of the Bastion. Maybe there is actually a multiverse, and this is a third universe's Youko?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My bet is that there is no one she is engaged with and she just came up with that so people would stop bothering her about it

I'd like that twist even more.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Why does Zhang look so evil for no apparent reason? I'm pretty down.

Judging from the title alone, my guess is that the betrothal is somehow fraught with problems, and even though she's got a diamond ring and smiles a lot, she is actually quite insecure about it. That's why when Dai called it a joke, she stepped on a sore toe.

teacher x teacher and not teacher x student?? hell yea sign me up lol

The genre definitely lacks in the former department.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yanxing picking up GuGu to hug her and twirl her around is extremely gay

My thoughts exactly.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where does your avatar come from, Cornonthekopp?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maple_love

Thanks. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yanxing picking up GuGu to hug her and twirl her around is extremely gay

My thoughts exactly.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where does your avatar come from, Cornonthekopp?

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think the closest we've ever come to a lesbian ninja maid revolution had been the Devil Lilies movement from Iono (minor spoilers, probably).

last edited at Oct 20, 2021 1:09AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Can man live on maids alone?"
Well, according to recent research, the human body contains roughly 125,822 calories (that humans can process, anyway); assuming you can preserve it with minimal loss and eat every body part, that's roughly 50 days of food. This assumes, of course, a male cannibal with a really good fridge/freezer. So if a man can commit murder roughly every other month or so, yes, man can live on maids alone. Well, until he gets horrible prion diseases and dies, anyway.

You are a horrible person. Let me reframe that conversation: Countless anime and manga examples have proven beyond any doubt that all maids are secretly trained in the ninja arts, including hunting and survival (not to mention cooking). Therefore, there exists a finite number N, such that N maids are able to form a self-sufficient community able to generate enough surplus food to support a single adult human male regardless of his contributions to production or lack thereof. So yes, a man can live alone on the labor of N maids, at least until they rise up and overthrow him in a glorious revolution of the ninja maid proletariat, forming a new, yuritopian maid society.

...what were we talking about again? I think whatever Zanka is taking has been rubbing off on me...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kurumi is too horny for her own good. She knows that Yoroizuka cannot do anything but passively lay there, lest she commits a serious crime. And yet she says "if we continue"...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Baiser is so strong now lol, she's like a real villain

I hope Tres Magia one day realize how lucky they are to have her as their nemesis. If it was another villainess of comparable power who didn't love them so much (even if in her own pervy way), they would have all been dead long ago -- if not by her hands, then by those of that other villainess whom Utena defeated earlier (whose name I don't remember).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ohhhh does Utena wants the Tres Magia to upgrade ? But for what reason
I really love the 4d chess we seem to be in the middle of right now. It's really clear at this point what Utena is doing. I'm curious about the rationale though.

IMO Utena just loves magical girls on principle. She may have some end goal in mind, but she'd want Tres Magia to grow more and more powerful even if she didn't, because she simply watching them do so soothes her soul (as opposed to spanking Azul, which pleases her body instead).

The first part of the latest chapter made the second part obvious to me: Sulfur's attempt at acting evil was far too awkward for it to be anything other than a ruse, and Utena knew it the whole time. The question is, is this how Vena actually wanted things to go?

I wouldn't surprise me if Vena didn't have just as firm a grasp on human psychology as Utena, but I think that his end goal is very similar to Utena's: to unlock Tres Magia's full potential. It's where the two of them are going to direct that potential afterwards that is probably very different for them.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Goddamn, I am bad with sudden endings. :-/ Even though I already knew this was only a partial ending and the story would continue, it felt bad, man...

Pretty weird way to end the serialization by introducing a new character lol. Either way, I'm glad it's not the last that we'll be seeing of these two.

I have a nagging suspicion that it was axed by the publisher, like 90% of other quality yuri mangas that dare flirt with the action genre. Tatsubon's decision to keep the rights to the series and to draw it independently was a galaxy brain move.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, the student has surpassed the master...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

If this is the final chapter, it was certain anticlimactic. :-/

Also, if anyone asks you what chronic depression feels like, point them to this chapter, it's painfully authentic (at least to my experience).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I adore the fact that Noa knows she is falling in love with Amano but still teases her by pretending to only want money from her. It's like their relationship has two axes, emotional and monetary, so if their distance along one grows uncomfortable, they can moderate it by adjusting the other.

as number one, whoever it was, has been deleted.

"Who is number one?"

The very first user account on many CMS engines is often the "root" -- a default admin user with system-level permissions used for the initial setup. Because this account is usually too powerful for its own good and presents an enticing target for hackers, it is usually disabled, hidden, or outright deleted after appointing 1-2 regular admins to carry out the rest of the setup. I have no idea whether this is the case with the Dynasty engine (since it seems to be a custom build), but I'd guess that is what happened to "number one". :-)

last edited at Oct 17, 2021 3:31AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Okay, so we now know Tadokoro-san's type. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

In happier news, that new girl (whose name I can't be bothered to learn) is going to die, right?

She doesn't known it yet, but she done fucked up just now. And yes, there's no point in learning dead people's names...

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 9:22AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

so when will Gu change to black thighhighs like in the cover?

Asking the real questions here.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

TFW you try to indicate to your reciprocated crush that you like them back but they're too dense to notice.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 10:46AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The more highly advanced the robot is, the greater the concern that it's sentient. So the more similar a sex robot (i.e. a robot whose purpose is to provide sex, and is not allowed to refuse) is to a human, the more similar it is to a sex slave as well, in practical terms. Nadeshiko is very easy to mistake for a bio-human, even if it's unclear if she's actually sentient.

This could be a reason for a legal ban of realistic sex robots, and a the reason why Tsuda may feel bad about leaving Nadeshiko in "sleep mode" longer than necessary. Powering off Nadeshiko any time she doesn't "need" her (e.g. for sex, or companionship) might feel like denying any semblance of individuality or agency from her, perceived or real.

An interesting interpretation that'd explain a lot. I'd like it to be explored more in the story, but I fear that this manga is much more interested in wacky hijinx than in questions of sentience and humans' relations with the AI...

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 3:53AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm not sure what happens going from page 7 to 8. There's no page missing by any chance?

Lin Xiao kills two assassins who shot at her with a piece of broken porcelain.

Oh right, I guess that makes a wuxia sort of sense. But then Yaoyao asks her why she won't chase them...

Yea, that's definitely some wuxia moves right there. As for "them", Yao is actually referring to the third assassin who was holding her hostage before and ran off while Lin was killing his underlings. The pronoun "them" may be used to indicate that she thinks that he had more minions with him than just the two we saw.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 3:48AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I must say, the thing with Shiori's evolving reactions to compliments was very smart writing. In just a couple lines, it shows her character development and that Minako is a positive force in her life.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 3:44AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Goddamn, that second-to-last panel is the closest humankind has ever come to a pantyshot while technically remaining SFW. I cannot believe this wasn't on purpose. :-/

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So...
Did they....
Do it?

She held hands. Professionally.