Forum › Posts by Kirin

Kirin
Image Comments 06 Oct 09:03
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020
Ehfngguuwaevdsf-orig

^ Reminds me of that scene in All-Star Batman when Batman and Black Canary have sex in the literal ashes of a guy Batman burnt to death. Fun times.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Agreed; other Reimu ships and Remilia x Sakuya are just more popular at this point. Also, canon RemiReimu hug? Where was that?

One of Reimu's good endings for EoSD, I think. Remi glomps Reimu to say hi, and then Reimu playfully puts her in a headlock whilst pulling her out from under her parasol, though this is also a partial murder attempt, because Reimu's all about that tough love.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

ReimuxRemilia started off pretty strong, but never quite developed into one of the big Touhou ships, despite there being a canonical hug between the two, which is more than can be said for 90% of other Touhou ships. I guess you can't really predict how this stuff shakes out.

Regardless, this was very cute. Great art, too. The artist really has a knack for those 'ba-dump' panels when a character says something super-romantic or cool.

Kirin
Yuru Oyako discussion 06 Oct 03:56
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Taiyaki writes the most Christian manga I have ever read. Never have I seen a child more intent on honouring her mother.

Kirin
Genshin Impact! 06 Oct 01:49
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Supposedly this game has already made 50 million. I don't know if I should be happy or sad about this.

If it keeps raking it in, we'll probably be seeing a ton more triple A console gacha games in the future. Most people dislike gacha games because they have lackluster and repetitive gameplay, but if you use a well-made world and gameplay loop to get people invested and THEN go for their wallets, it's basically guaranteed cash. I'm surprised nobody's thought of this before, but you can bet this is gonna become a huge trend going forward.

The only real obstacle is the initial cost of production, plus the fact that you'd ideally want to keep minting out more characters with the same basic level of quality in order to maximize profits over a long period. Since you could theoretically just make much bigger profit margins off an easier-to-produce mobile game, it probably doesn't make much sense to pour investments into a triple A gacha game.

If a giant franchise like FGO or FEH used their pre-existing funds to pump out a console gacha while also keeping their mobile games going, or even doing collabs and gifting bonuses to people who got the console versions, they could get even richer, so I can definitely see them going for it. Not sure if there'll be anything like it from Western developers, though.

TL;DR: Waifus shall bring great wealth to our capitalist overlords.

Kirin
School Zone discussion 05 Oct 23:11
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Why would Yamashiro end up with Yatsude when she's (probably) been trying to avoid her?

If two characters hate each other so much that they literally run in opposite directions when seeing each other, it just means they'll travel around the world and meet back up on the other side." - Shipper Logic.

Kirin
Image Comments 05 Oct 23:08
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020
84680214_p0

No real mikos were harmed during the making of this product. -Alice.

Kirin
Image Comments 05 Oct 23:04
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020
84680214_p1

Kaguya: Screams internally

Kirin
Image Comments 05 Oct 23:03
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020
Yururi_nano_64943863_p0

"You say underdog, I say power bottom." Kirisame Marisa, probably.

Kirin
Image Comments 05 Oct 23:01
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020
69189056_p0

This is some classy art.

Kirin
Image Comments 05 Oct 22:59
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020
84781370_p0

"I love the taste of myon in the morning."

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I guess the chapter titles are Touhou songs now. Anyway, fun little chapter. I feel like this manga does a great job of capturing what makes AdaShima fun to read whilst still maintaining a pace mildly faster than a glacier immersed in treacle.

Kirin
Roid discussion 05 Oct 22:48
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Pretty neat chapter, I'd say. I feel like this manga had some genuinely interesting things to say and explore about A.I. and consciousness and identity, but didn't get anywhere near enough space to do so in its serialisation run. It's kinda sad to see potential clipped so soon, but props to the author for still creating an interesting cast and themes, even if the end-realization is a bit too simple and convenient and the antagonist is basically a revolutionary who gets treated like a monster-of-the-week. Always fun to see experimental, genre-shifting Yuri manga that put plot and themes first instead of just advertising themselves with cute lesbians in Japanese highschool #76546.

Kirin
School Zone discussion 05 Oct 13:33
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Can't wait for Piyo to swordfight Yatsude for Tsubaki's honor.

Kirin
School Zone discussion 05 Oct 11:35
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

This forum is nuts, I honestly really don’t know why everyone hates Hiiagre so much. I get that’s she’s hella edgy/emo/whatever and has a severe inferiority complex. But like some of y’all need to chill. Like damn she isn’t my favorite character too but y’all coming for her throat.

This might have been relevant a few weeks ago, when all we knew of her was angst and antisocial behavior. Did you somehow send your post forward in time by accident?

Inb4 Hiiragi relapses into depression and snaps in chapter 100 of the manga, becoming an axe murderer who kills the entire cast. There'll be a huge flame war among School Zone fans about whether this was justified, and OP actually travelled back in time to promote #HiiragiDidNothingWrong. The future is now, folks.

Kirin
Genshin Impact! 05 Oct 11:28
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Is "gacha" an actual Japanese word, or is it a Japanization of "gotcha?" It seems like the latter would make sense considering how much money people can waste on these things.

Iirc, it's the sound that a gashapon (lucky draw capsule machine) makes when you crank it up. The lucky-draw mechanism made it into electronic games, hence the name 'gacha'.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Yeah, this one didn't really land for me. There wasn't enough to show that they were childhood friends or that they were reconnecting after years of separation; you could substitute any number of different backgrounds and have them fit with little issue. Unfortunately, without that extra depth or emotional component, it's just the same two panels repeating, over and over again, in service of a joke that can't land without a twist that they don't have.

The twist is that she's a Pokémon and that's literally all she can say.

Just you wait until she evolves and starts saying 'Goodness Gracious Me!'.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

"This darn tootin' squillgy-wiggly wee earmuff done rendered me gayer than a leprechaun in a ticker-tape parade."

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I swear, when you start watching these really trippy, surreal kinds of films, you mentally just start to put together a headcanon for every film you watch afterward right from scene one, and then it just feels mildly offensive when the endings actually make sense and nobody ends up being an alien or a clone or a secret god.

Kirin
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

It's an (early) Christmas miracle! Seriously, I read this series on MD sometime back and just added it to the list of great series that I'd never see completed. This is honestly kinda surreal.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

"I'll give you something even more amazing."
Goddamn, she's gonna break out her Bionicle Collection.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

So you just going to leave out Maria’s sister tho :,(

The sister is either:
a) Some kind of pure virgin catalyst for a superweapon who'll get used as a McGuffin midway through the series.

b) Captured and turned into some kind of deadly experimental monster (bonus points if her body is stored under the Church, Lilith-style).

c) Actually murdered accidentally by Dolores in the past, creating potential for Le Drama.

d) Wiped of her memories and left to roam the streets as a vulnerable amnesiac, who'll probably get taken into the Church and recruited as a sister by Sharon. Maria will recognize her, but be saddened when her sister has no idea who she is. At some point, it'll be revealed that this was all a trap the invade the Church by the people who wiped her mind.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^^^ This is really interesting!
On a related note, we finally have a comment section that is indisputably enriching. At least until someone starts debating the ethics of zoophilia.

Kirin
School Zone discussion 04 Oct 10:11
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Ah yes, bungee jumping. In which Kaname is the bridge, Piyo is the angry lady threatening to jump off, and Tsubaki is the long, stretchy rope that simultaneously motivates Piyo to dive and keeps her from actually falling away. #Symbolism.

Kirin
School Zone discussion 04 Oct 00:54
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Yatsude, the yuri detective.

It seems like she over analyzes everything and is far from actually figuring things out. Also it seems to me like Yatsude is way closer to Kei than Rei.

Yatsude probably hung out with Fuji, who is the most predictable person on the planet, and somehow convinced herself that she's a mastermind because Fuji constantly asks her for advice. Now that she'd dealing with some real insanity, she's pissed at her lack of insight, and further annoyed by how Fuji and Tsubaki are both growing their friend circles. Therefore, Yatsude's tendency to randomly grab everything within sight is actually a coping mechanism that she uses to deal with all her friends eventually leaving her behind. She's lesbian Barney Stinson, y'all.