Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 28 Nov 02:45
joined Nov 30, 2011

Sort of. There is a thing going on between the two main girls but it's not until the end that they openly confess to each other just before they rush of to slay lots of evil monster people. The yuri isn't really the main thing even though you know both protagonists have feelings for each other.

-EDIT-
And well, several female characters wear masculine clothes or act in a masculine manner including one woman who keeps her gender a secret while she leads the local police as their captain (it's makes for a funny moment when they finally realize their captain is a she). The main character is also quite tomboyish with short hair and a bit of an attitude and temper.

last edited at Nov 28, 2014 2:47AM

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 28 Nov 02:38
joined Nov 30, 2011

I think a release of a new yuri anime should just start with Sasameki Koto being finished. Without that damned anime I would have never found Dynasty. I demand it gets finished. I want my aaaangst, traps, and karate on the big screen!

But Notes from the Garden of Lilies, Strawberry Shake Sweet, Aqua Blue Cinema, Octave, and one that I totally think would kill as anime.... Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami (seriously, why is this one never mentioned??)

joined Nov 30, 2011

Couldn't agree more. I reread this one on a regular basis. Tons of action, hot chicks (including a cross dressing one), and a tsundere heroine with a side of crazy monster things thrown in for good measure. Also, it has pretty good male side characters as well. Totally worth reading. And rereading in my case.

last edited at Nov 28, 2014 2:36AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

And I am glad I am a lesbian , I really don't want to deal with men lol although some women can be worse than men :D , luckily I have someone who won't pull this level of stuff.

Same here...no offense guys but you're a bother to girls like me unless you're Procyon or Phyis.

The hell is a Procyon or Phyis?? O_o

Random Reader
Image Comments 28 Nov 02:17
joined Nov 30, 2011

Oh myyy

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

What is Happy End??

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 02:05
joined Nov 30, 2011

The thing about Ran's gayness before this chapter is that she had no interest in men and she was attached to Keiko, am i the only one that thinks this is not enough to say she wants a piece of that Keiko? She could very well not feel like committing to a relationship at all

Well one way of looking at Ran's preferences with Keiko is how you would approach a crush and start dropping hints here and there to see how they feel about things and what your own chances are. Move to fast and they may react defensively, to slow and someone may nab them before you do. So in all, I think Ran has been developed rather well, and considering we all think she's gay, it might be more difficult for her to gauge Keiko's feelings despite them living together.

What i wanted was just one chapter, one simple chapter before this one that was being more honest with itself instead of baiting, hell, we kinda got that with Keiko admitting that Ran was probably her first love, i just wanted a little moment of Ran thinking more dearly about Keiko without it being fanservice for us readers

I would highly doubt we'd get a chapter that let's us into the character's mind to see what they are thinking. It's pretty rare to get some kind of serious thought bubbling going on. Most of the time it's spoken or shown through action (i.e. finding out Keiko called Ran like... 100 times when she went out drinking and Ran ran home when she say the call history). If anything, this may have given Ran the courage to basically tell Keiko that she loves her romantically. (If that's what really happened.)

But like i said a few pages back, this chapter was glorious and i am happy with it, could be happier, but still happy, my main concern is about the future of the series considering how this chapter arrived "suddenly" as i've said myself and also how quickly the miscarriage meta-plot got dumped with a single chapter explaining everything that we needed to know after months of buildup, i just want Shou to not rush the development of their relationship in order to appease the yuri fans,

I don't know about you but 27.5 was pretty friggen close lol.

hell, i'll even give him the kudos for still not sealing the deal in this chapter, just a little worry of mine and also to see what you guys think about it

This is actually my gut feeling lol. I don't expect anything drastic to happen....... yet!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I said sheep girl since we have a goat girl tag and Hitsuji from *Scape-God** is a Sheep-god/girl.

Solution: Change Goat girl to Caprid Girl, and then it works for both. Or just use "Animal ears"

Girls with horns, perhaps?

Because let's face it, Horny girls is just wrong.

Maybe just an all encompassing tag because series like A Centaur's Worries would be overflowing with these tags. Something better like Anthro Characters or Anthropomorphic Characters

Flashback

And then we can tag SK with that exclusively...

Sasameki Koto?? Stretch, Octave, and I believe Collectors also use flashbacks and I know a number of others use them here and there as well. It can also be used to tag chapters in long running series too.

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 01:28
joined Nov 30, 2011

I don't know Kyonne, Ran seems to have had feelings for Keiko for quite some time. This is about as close to a confession as we can get right now because we only have one blurb. I am cautiously optimistic that Ran will start being more open with Keiko if she really, truly does have romantic feelings for Keiko (which I personally think she does as she is the most open about them it seems). I agree with Dark T., this seems like the logical step for Ran to take while Keiko on the other hand, has been far more reserved when it comes to Ran. If anything, I think Keiko might possibly make a more... errr... serious statement about how she feels about Ran down the line somewhere because most of what we know about them comes through what they say to each other and their friends. We see very little about what they're actually thinking like more stories do with the thought bubbles so it's basically a wait and see. However, that snuggling at the end though..... awesome. Fist Pumps

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

A few of my ideas:

Lecherous Character or Lecherous "Old Man"
Flashback
Pervert
Yuri Goggles Past This Point
Heavy Shipping or Shipping Lanes Ahead or just Lots of Shipping
Steamy Scenes or Steamy Lovemaking or Steamy Sex
BFFs or Best Friends or Super Best Friends
Adorable Couple
One Shot or 1-Shot
2 Part Story - For one shots that are not grouped together
Flirting or Flirtatious or just plain 'ole Flirt
Sleeping Beauty - For those stories where a character is sleeping and is kissed by another one.

I have my own suggestions for...

Somehow just Expressionless doesn't feel like the right word here...Blank Face? Meh...

Why over think? we could use something like Teru Face or Poker Face but I'll see if I can find/come up with something else.

Emotionless because they don't really show emotion.

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 5:41AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Mmmm... interesting to see Takemiya get to the 2nd page for a quick one shot like this after half a day. The discussion sort of reminds me of an interview Michael Cain did when he said he was, "retiring from movies." He stated that he wasn't so much as retiring as that now he is in a position where he can pick what movies or projects he wants to do. This was unlike him for most of his career where he was just taking almost any script that was pushed his way because he needed the work and money. Maybe we're witnessing the same thing with Takemiya? She's putting out a lot of works, some which are good and memorable and others which are forgettable. Unlike most of us who probably didn't see Cain's career in its heyday, maybe we are seeing Takemiya's??

Just a thought.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Sadly after releasing two volumes of this manga in japan the series was discontinued. Not all of it has been scanlated yet but even when it is, we wont see the end of this series

Wait, so it hasn't been entirely scanlated up to the point where it was cancelled?

joined Nov 30, 2011

I've had the guy behind Sunstone reply to a number of my posts over the years. Really great guy.

Random Reader
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 17:18
joined Nov 30, 2011

I think the great thing about this is that the main girl's sexuality is treated so normally by everyone. It's just so damned refreshing.

Random Reader
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 04:27
joined Nov 30, 2011

I literally just finished reading this. Awesome! Also, the protagonist and her friend are hilarious and one of the better male-female relationships I've seen on here (I think).

Random Reader
Story by Tanjiu 23 Nov 00:23
joined Nov 30, 2011

That was awesome! Thanks for the links to the rest of it.

Nice, thanks for sharing.
I really hope theres more of them in the future, also those extra imgs look great :o

Good stuff, thanks for posting it.

The supportive guy friend is awesome, totally on board with her liking girls.

Reminds me of the guy from Sun Stone, he is a favorite of the readers of that comic.

It actually seemed to me that everyone really doesn't care about her orientation. I thought that was a very nice change for once. And if that is it, that kinda sucks then because those were some great chapters. Not to mention the artwork is really good.

And Alan is just awesome. I cannot wait to get my copy when it finally comes in.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

This seems to be a common occurance with Takamiya Jin, good start great middle with a crap ending. Not that it didn't make sense...just could've been much more interesting and less generic then it was.

Generic?? How so? I though generic would have been more like the two mains get together while the bff gets dumped hard, even after the confession. This seems to make everyone have a nice ending on reasonable grounds.

Random Reader
Comic - Sunstone 13 Nov 04:24
joined Nov 30, 2011

Weird that you say that because the store I pre-ordered it from said it'll be there on the 24th. Strange O_o. And I agree, I do a much better job of reading comics and other stuff offline in the physical format.

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 13 Nov 04:06
joined Nov 30, 2011

What a hilarious chapter. Definitely needed that laugh.

Random Reader
Comic - Sunstone 09 Nov 02:20
joined Nov 30, 2011

He's got a LOT on his plate right now. AFAIK he's getting Sunstone printed, Vol. II of Ravine printed soon, Death Vigil being released, and then other works and what not. And I plan to get my grubby hands on it as well.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I am amused by the people all ready to give up on Jin altogether thanks to this story. Y'all are some fragile flowers, that's for sure.

I mean yeah, it was disappointing and seems to kinda ignore Mika's character arc a bit, but damn son.

They have been (looks to the side)... Mass Effected... (puts on glasses)....YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

You're such a dork. xD

I have my moments ;)

Random Reader
Image Comments 08 Nov 00:34
joined Nov 30, 2011

hubba hubba

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Wooooaaa... settle down there lol.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I am amused by the people all ready to give up on Jin altogether thanks to this story. Y'all are some fragile flowers, that's for sure.

I mean yeah, it was disappointing and seems to kinda ignore Mika's character arc a bit, but damn son.

They have been (looks to the side)... Mass Effected... (puts on glasses)....YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 08 Nov 00:21
joined Nov 30, 2011

As a great eeerrr master of the force once said, "the yuri is strong with this one." Maybe in the next few chapters we will finally see the yuri awakening.