Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Are you talking about "A Lollipop or a Bullet"??

Wait, that girl dies at the end?? Oo

last edited at Dec 18, 2014 2:15PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

I went and re-read a few chapters before this and I noticed Sacchan thinking: "I'm sure that someone much more suitable for Ruki-chan will appear someday." Does this mean she sees nothing at all between her and Ruki? I'm sure she treasures her as a friend (with benefits) but it's... a little depressing, seeing Ruki try so hard for something that's most likely not going to happen.

It could also be that she feels she is undeserving of Ruki who she may view as a good person stuck someone ... not so good.

-EDIT-

OH! What does NTR and OTP mean? I haven't the slightest clue.

last edited at Dec 18, 2014 1:26AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

You know, I never finished this but... do they yuri at all??

Marimite never goes beyond subtext really - i think it might be a bit clearer in the light novels but no, its never outright yuri.

A bit clearer in the light novels?? Dammit X-(

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Manwha - with the addition of the two manwhas recently, it seems like it would be a good idea to have this tag to differentiate the style... maybe?? And also used for any future yuri manwhas.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I wasn't actually sure if Himeka actually liked Hyou in that sense, but Ranka kinda made it obvious here and this confession was kinda hard to ignore.

And then Hyou had these moments like this and this that pretty much confirmed it was mutual.

I also think that the Yuri – or Subtext, but rather the former – tag is missing. Besides that, while reading the last chapters again, I noticed something I hadn't before... Does the outfit difference between page 120 (chapter 19) and page 148 (final chapter) imply rape? I wish I didn't notice.

Good catch. I wouldn't doubt that it had happened as I've made that conclusion myself tbh.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I really like this so far :)

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/exciting_feelings_ch01#4

I thought it was Sachiko & Yumi ! (without ribbons). They at least somewhat remind me of them.

Looking forward to more.

You know, I never finished this but... do they yuri at all??

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Sweet!

Random Reader
Image Comments 15 Dec 07:31
joined Nov 30, 2011
8a229b6bd29457207600646787c4e9d3

Lyra?? From the first anime adaptation?

Random Reader
Their Story discussion 15 Dec 07:27
joined Nov 30, 2011

Should we have a manwha tag for the style and to help make them easier to find down the road if more manwha yuri stories make it onto Dynasty?

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

finally ...it's here ..

There are already more chapters?

joined Nov 30, 2011

You are more than welcome Onyxpanda!! I'm so glad others are reading this =D

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

This is such a weird addition.

My thoughts exactly. It's a bit of a head scratcher for sure.

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 11 Dec 01:07
joined Nov 30, 2011

That was bad for the heart!!! ><

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 19:01
joined Nov 30, 2011

Sasameki koto, Stretch, Girlfriends, Candy boy and the first half of Aoi hana would like to have a word with citrus about how to do natural relationship growth and drama right.

I literally laughed so hard at this. If you would've added Octave to the list, I think my stomach would've started to hurt. I've dropped Stretch after the first 3 chapters, but here's the thing: Sasameki Koto is 52 chapters about 2 girls, who basically realize their love for each other is mutual like 25 chapters before they finally kiss. Half the manga is spent beating around the bush and both, Sumi as well as Kazama, stupidly ignoring blatantly obvious hints the other one drops, which would have caused any other person to come out and confess already. Candy Boy is a Manga about a stupid misunderstanding, which, for some idiotic reason, causes a pair of twin sisters, who've always gotten along perfectly and who've always spoken to each other about everything, to suddenly get all angsty about their bond and stop talking to each other cause fuck logic. Girlfriends...remember how Mari got jealous when Akiko allowed that other girl to call her by the same nickname she allows Mari to use? And how Akko gets jealous because that person, who is Mari's childhood friend, spends time with Mari? Uh huh, totally natural drama. And don't get me started on Aoi Hana, starring narcissistic crybaby Fumi and I-don't-know-what-the-hell-I-even-want Akira. In fact, I loved all these mangas, but compared to Citrus, neither of them felt any more natural or less forced. Seriously, that comparison sucked.

Why did you drop Stretch after 3 chapters?? I had to ask. And I sort of sympathized with Mari in Girl Friends. When you're not great with people and make a close friend, you get sort of protective. When you see a new person enter and this friend basically does the same thing with them that they did with you, you get a bit jealous. It seemed pretty natural to me. In Sasameki Koto you have to remember Sumi had been in love with Kazama for quite a long time so I can understand her inability to believe that Kazama actually loved her back. I went through something similar with my GF when I found out I loved her. I dropped hints for months trying to gauge what would happen if I had told her (there were reasons for this). And one day, she beat me to the punch lol. One of the more stressful stretches for me in our relationship thus far ><. My only beef with Sasameki Koto is that the author waited until the end to show the kiss. It's annoying, not to mention we missed so much time to see them grow as a couple (why do we NEVER see this part!!!?). As for Aoi Hana... .... ........ Nevermind.

On another note, I kind of don't see why everyone is thinking there's gonna be "another" (since, technically, the sitch with Matsuri wasn't even one) love triangle. Once Sara realizes that Mei is the person Yuzu is in love with, I don't think she'll be evil enough to try to win Mei for herself. She seems like such a good person, I think it's much more likely that she'll help Yuzu and Mei make up. Or maybe help either of them understand what the other one feels.

This is what I'm thinking happens as well.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 08:21
joined Nov 30, 2011

And so another chapter has come to pass, this shit will continue to spew out love triangle after love triangle and cliché after cliché and Dark_Tzitzimine will continue to offer excuses as to why it isn't pure ass.
Honestly what were you guys expecting at this point?

.....Morbid curiosity.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 07:32
joined Nov 30, 2011

Opening your heart up to someone and offering sexytime are two different things imho. Mei was apparently surprised by Yuzu's rejection but honestly... what did she expect after all those previous moments. Then she be bustin her boobs out all like ( o )V( o ) "you want to see what's in my heart??!" O_0... No surprise there.

But not communicationing things out at all seems to be a real issue with these two...

Random Reader
Image Comments 05 Dec 06:35
joined Nov 30, 2011
46435142_p0

Probably one of my favorite art pieces I've seen on here.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Who was that person on page 23?? Just a random commentator?

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 02 Dec 15:03
joined Nov 30, 2011

Well they are the two most popular series on Dynasty right now so it's understandable that they are compared. Much like how Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach wer...are constantly compared against one another. It's inevitable. One thing about Citrus is that it started off literally just like any other het romance story. Boy force kisses girl and girl falls for him like some weak-kneed individual despite having a clearly strong individual no BS personality before said kiss. Citrus started turning around with the father arc in my opinion but then it had that ridiculous childhood friend pseudo love triangle arc. It went backwards. Stretch on the other hand, has far superior story telling and characters mixing with elements of drama, humor, stretching, and teasing while managing to keep most things a mystery to the readers.

I think Citrus' problem is is that we rarely get long running yuri series here with good artwork and Citrus has/had a lot of potential. Thus it gets a lot of attention despite not being a very well written story (my opinion).

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 02 Dec 07:51
joined Nov 30, 2011

Considering that a sizeable amont of comments here are about how much Shou is baiting us, I wouldn't say that there's pure love in this thread.

Don't forget about the considerable number of discussions we had about their backstories as well. That soaked up lots of pages.

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 30 Nov 18:30
joined Nov 30, 2011

She didn't wake up with an alarm, so very likely a weekend.

True, although Keiko's mobile phone next to the futon really annoys me. Yes-yes, I know I have it by my side on weekends too, but it could be easily not drawn if it had no meaning. So I'd rather believe that she woke up earlier than it rang. Ok, I'm overthinking...

Worth noting that Valentine's Day this year fell on a Friday. Undoubtedly a coincidence, but kinda cool.

Akili's totally messed up with the calendar. If we believe in the full moon for jugoya 6 years ago, then it is likely that "today for chapter 18" is in 2014, because the the full moon on the 15th of September really happened in 2008. The September 15th of 2014 however had no full moon, although it does work well for Valentine's 2015 - Saturday.
But up till now I was convinced that the events of the manga are taking place three year earlier, in 2011-2012, assuming this really is a reference to the Tohoku earthquake, which has its "proof" with Ran going to her family for the 49th day during the golden week.
So one thing is clear, translating RL calendar to Stretch calendar doesn't work too well and we have to keep this in mind.

Think of it as a liberal interpretation and you can go back to enjoying the read. I personally think the same thing (have posted about it a few times in this thread actually) and don't get to worked up over the minor details.

@ Yuppers and Stepho - It's really nothing new around here ;)

Dynasty is the place to go for your hot and heated yuri discussions >:)

last edited at Nov 30, 2014 6:31PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

What is Happy End??

herecy

Not really helping...??? O_o

Random Reader
Image Comments 28 Nov 22:43
joined Nov 30, 2011
_com__goodmorningkiss_by_mylovelydevil-d7f3cyk

Girama, I posted a link to an artist on DeviantArt that did some scenes from when they are older. It's in the Girl Friends' thread.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 28 Nov 03:06
joined Nov 30, 2011

Anytime!

And really? Well that sucks. Thanks for the tip though.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 28 Nov 02:48
joined Nov 30, 2011

Sort of. There is a thing going on between the two main girls but it's not until the end that they openly confess to each other just before they rush of to slay lots of evil monster people. The yuri isn't really the main thing even though you know both protagonists have feelings for each other.

Kinda like 'Stray Little Devil', then. I'll check it out but... they are both actually girls right? MAL tags it as being Gender Bender?

Never read it but yes, they are most certainly female lol. Don't worry, I'm not leading you on. This is one of my personal favorites and one of the first mangas I read on Dynasty.

last edited at Nov 28, 2014 2:49AM