Forum › Posts by zensunni

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

The desperation that lead the cursed woman to drug and rape the girl she had loved since childhood was very sad. I got the sense that the fact that she wasn't allowed to leave the village and her love definitely didn't want to stay there pushed her over the edge. The fact that, if she had tried to seduce her honestly, she probably would have gotten the same result, since the other woman had loved her since she was young as well, makes it slightly tragic. The fact that the impregnation didn't occur until after consent had been given helps make the story a bit easier to handle.

Evidently the last panel has a new story in the background stating that the village they left was destroyed by a landslide... One wonders how the mother of the heir to the curse will take that? After all, it was her choice to take her love out of the village that lead to its destruction... Seems like a recipe for serious guilt...

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

I guess from the comments that the daycare worker IS male... I couldn't remember if it was a guy or just a really butch woman... I was going to reread to verify it... I may reread it anyway, since it has been so long.

I think it was clear that he was starting to have feelings for her, but most likely in a "savior complex" kind of way. I just hope there are no broken hearts as a result of this development, with the possible exception of the guy...

joined Feb 18, 2015

So far this looks really, really good! Can't wait for the rest... Well... I CAN... but... anyway...

zensunni
Boyfriend discussion 11 Apr 01:16
joined Feb 18, 2015

It was a little heavy on the cis-normative attitudes. (You can still be a girl if you have short hair and wear pants.) But, all in all, it was pretty cute. I very much prefer Milk Morinaga's "Secret of the Princess" for manga with this basic theme, though.

zensunni
Lily Love discussion 29 Mar 10:04
joined Feb 18, 2015

Chapter 22: So, Donut is still undervaluing herself and didn't have the guts to confront Mew about what she saw... I can't imagine that won't come back to haunt them in the future... [sigh]

And Mew was accepted for a study abroad program, which means that they will be separated for a while. Very sad... but probably a good thing for Mew's education.

zensunni
Yuri☆Kome discussion 27 Mar 22:43
joined Feb 18, 2015

Looks like a promising series. I look forward to more...

joined Feb 18, 2015

I really liked this chapter. "In-a-box san" was so funny! However, that ending was a bit of a shocker! What's the deal with her having those photo albums? Strange...

zensunni
Lily Love discussion 20 Mar 12:57
joined Feb 18, 2015

Why did she agree to that kiss? :/ (it looks like she did kiss her at least)

We don't know that yet! Mew didn't SAY she could kiss her. That doesn't mean that Donut didn't THINK that is what was happening, right before being kidnapped by some psycho who thought she was Ploy because she was wearing the same sweatshirt that Ploy was wearing in the afternoon on the beach!!!

I can't imagine that Donut will not have some emotional damage because of that sight. I hope it doesn't blow up into anything too huge.

zensunni
Green discussion 15 Mar 18:19
joined Feb 18, 2015

I read the Love Letter extra as being something that is happening at the end of college. Whether they went to different colleges far apart, or Tsugumi went back to her brother's place for summer break to help her sister-in-law as she prepared for her new baby, I expect the two of them are going strong, but the fact that they live in a country where their relationship can never really be officially recognized makes both a bit uneasy...

Overall, I like the series.

zensunni
Swap discussion 08 Mar 18:32
joined Feb 18, 2015

That was just about the cutest creepy stalker story I've ever seen!

zensunni
Pulse discussion 03 Mar 16:24
joined Feb 18, 2015

Soo.. Has Dynasty Scans devolved into a teaser site now?

I made a teaser as same at it was done for WDTFS series

Also because it's our own official project and people would ask me for sure multiple times about "why it isn't on dynasty yet" or "when you will upload it on Dynasty" - and we CAN'T do this - so I don't want to have full inbox of the same questions over and over again.

You could have made a statement post on why your not uploading the series WITHOUT teasing us with the first two chapters.

They posted the first two chapters because they are free on Lezhin, so it isn't a problem posting them here, I would guess. That is all that is available on Lezhin right now anyway.

zensunni
Pulse discussion 03 Mar 16:19
joined Feb 18, 2015

this really sounds interesting. But if I remember the manual in the other thread for getting chapters on Lezhin, it's just to much work for me.

It is much easier now that Lezhin has an official US site. All the purchasing of coins is in English so you don't have to press buttons according to a map and hope you do it right.

oh god that first post is so cheesy...

1. We won't upload next chapters here

eehhh... Guess this is all I am readin then.

You could go to Lezhin and read it there. I don't know what the per-chapter charge will be, but most comics are 3 coins, which is about 75 cents. Not really that expensive.

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 4:22PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

OK, I'm hooked... I love the main characters and the budding relationship. I do wonder if Maya is actually dating the other girl or if she is just a sex friend or an ex? In any event, I am shipping Maya and Minato hard!

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

zensunni
In any event, the line at the end of chapter 5 speaks volumes: "I couldn't just simply give up. But I didn't realize it at that time."

This was an incorrect translation. She actually says "I had to give up."

So is that suggesting that she had to give up and just admit she is falling for her or what? I always interpreted that line as saying that she couldn't give up being with Nanami and trying to understand what love is, but if it is actually the opposite I'm not sure how to take it. Could it be "give in" instead of give up? That is a more common phrase when referring to someone pursuing someone else romantically. I guess "give up" and "give in" are roughly equivalent in that context.

Do you have the Kanji? (I haven't seen the raws.)

Sad to hear that the scanlation is being abandoned. Especially since the second volume isn't likely to be available until well over a year from now.

last edited at Feb 16, 2016 3:53AM

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Nice Valentine's special!!!! Very tasty indeed!

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Seven Seas licensed Bloom Into You

Seven Seas will publish Bloom Into You for the first time in print in North America as single volume editions. Each book will contain at least two full-color illustrations. The first volume will be released on January 3, 2017 for $12.99 USA / $14.99 CAN.

http://sevenseasentertainment.tumblr.com/post/139315334675/seven-seas-celebrates-valentines-day-with-license

I just saw the announcement!!! First volume doesn't come out until January of next year though... :( Still:

Eventually, it will be mine!

As for this chapter...

I wonder why the chapter was titled 'Multiple Choice' though? Because of her math homework? xD

If I had to guess, I would say it is because of the emphasis in Yuu's thoughts that "it doesn't have to be Nanami, it could be anyone."

That is the major theme of chapter 8. I commented that I wanted the answer to that question earlier, but I don't think that this IS the answer, I think it is rationalization. We have seen NO evidence that she would be doing the same type of things if it were someone else, with the slight exception of her agreeing to read her friend's novel and give her feedback. (That, however, is something that I truly do feel ANYONE would do if their friend asked them. It is kind of an honor to be asked your opinion on something the other person truly seems to value...)

Throughout this chapter she thinks variations on the theme. "I would have done the same... for anyone. Not just Nanami-sempai. So he's wrong." "I just needed somebody to sit next to. It didn't have to be Nanami-sempai." "I didn't choose this... Still, being chosen has its own charms, Though I may have been happy regardless of who chose me."

Then, near the end, we have an homage to the line by Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady, which he uses to avoid saying outright that he is in love with Eliza "I've grown accustomed to her face." In this case, "I'm getting used to spending time with Nanami-sempai. That's the way I began to think of it."

She feels happy when Nanami gives her a present when she returns from her family trip. (The mini-planetarium.) She is happy when Nanami chooses to study with her instead of going with a group of friends. She admitted to Nanami that she enjoyed kissing her and that she wouldn't be truthful if she didn't say she was curious...

Her lack of the feet off the ground, heart pounding reaction is all that is really holding her back from acknowledging that she has at least started falling for Nanami. I do wonder if those feelings will ever come for her, after they have built a trusting relationship and spent plenty of time together... I still say she is most likely demi-sexual and just hasn't quite gotten close enough to Nanami to be really aroused by her, yet she is still attracted and does want to be with her...

Now we have even more to look forward to, with the publication of this fantastic manga coming to Seven Seas. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Seven Seas Manga for bringing so many Yuri titles to our shores!

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 5:32PM

zensunni
Magan&Danai discussion 14 Feb 04:51
joined Feb 18, 2015

I love this one. It is so darned cute. I read somewhere that it is somewhat autobiographical or something too, which makes it even cuter. (Springroll's daily life is also pretty much autobiographical and similarly cute...)

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Its always great to see more age gap yuri, especially ones with great artwork like this one. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Especially when the relationship doesn't have any icky "student/teacher" or incest type of implications. It is especially fun when the younger one leads the way, but this looks to be the other type. But she is the one who looks younger in a way...

Wow that woman INTENTIONALLY waited for that mister to go away so that she can like...be all SEDUCTIVE with a MUUUCH YOUNGER GURL! XD

Yes, very nice! Extremely bold of her. I'm impressed! I really love this couple!

Awww, this is really nice.

"I wander what kind of flowers I'll be able to make bloom?"
The lily flowers, of course.

She wants to try "cultivating" she says ;)

That requires digging furrows, making sure there is sufficient moisture, and such... I'm sure they would enjoy that...

Anyway... I'm really impressed by this chapter.It clearly shows that their initial meeting left a pretty big impression on both of them. I wasn't quite sure if Hanaoka was experienced in yuri relationships or surprised at herself because of how fixated she was on Ibuki. It was also unclear if Ibuki had any relationship experience or not, but from her initial reactions I would say that she definitely was already aware of her sexual preference, at least...

I hope this continues for a while. It looks so good!

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

What does she mean, "A boy?" She has boobs for goodness sake...
But anyways the art is cute!

Well, when she came in, Eve was reading a magazine, which was held in front of her chest. Then, when they were talking to each other, Hanaoka-san was looking, politely and appropriately, at her eyes. (If she were a man, she would have likely already checked her out...) It was only after Eve began preparing the bouquet and Hanaoka took the time to look at her, initially looking at the face, short hair, and page-boy cap that leaves a masculine impression, then allowing her gaze to wander and seeing that she is definitely female. (I got the distinct impression from the image of Hanaoka on the bottom of page three that she was "looking her up and down" or "checking her out"...)

I love this. At first I was thinking it was a one-shot and was surprised that Hanaoka didn't turn at the end and ask her if she wouldn't come have dinner with her to use these edible flowers, but when I realized it is a series, I thought that the pacing was excellent! There is a clear attraction on Eve's part and it certainly seems that Hanaoka is not indifferent toward Eve, possibly attracted to her, and most certainly lonely! I am eager to learn what caused that sad, forlorn look on her face when she said she was single.

I also appreciate the double entendre of the title! Those aren't the only "Edible Flowers" around, eh?

joined Feb 18, 2015

Chapter 20: Mizuki certainly showed Moe the best view of the fireworks ever! They type with eyes closed and lips joined and hearts entwined!

And I agree that they are NOT a side couple, but the second main couple of the story. It is, at the same time, the story of Ayaka and Yurine meeting and falling in love and the story of the already in love Mizuki and Moe moving their relationship to the next level. And... it is WONDERFUL! (I do so love this series!!!!)

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

I just decided to reread the ones here on Dynasty and I have to agree that the "I just did what anyone would have done" line stands out quite strongly.

It is interesting because, from very early on in the story, it appears that Yuu thinks of Nanami-sempai in a special way. In the first chapter, when she is seeking advice about the love confession, she decides to ask her because of the fact that she sees a similarity between them based on Nanami's statement that she has never gotten exited about being confessed to by someone.

Then, as the story continues, she repeatedly notices Nanami's true feelings that she is able to hide behind a mask of competence and bravado from even her closest friends. She simply understands her better than anyone else. I don't see any indication that she has this kind of insight into other people's thoughts or feelings.

She also tends to bend over backward to help Nanami and protect her from, among other things, herself. She is baffled by why a person who is as fragile as she knows Nanami is would put herself in positions time and again where she has to perform in the public eye, with the price of failure being the dissolution of her carefully designed persona that she has built atop the frightened, shy little girl who couldn't make friends and hid behind others. Yuu, who is the only person who knows the real Nanami-sempai, seems dedicated to protecting the public face that Nanami has built. When Nanami, and now Maki, notice how special Nanami seems to be to her, from other people's perspectives, she consistently responds with a variation on the theme of "That is what anyone would do." She doesn't recognize her special treatment of Nanami as being special. (I wonder if her opposition to the play isn't at least partially motivated by the fact that she knows it will be nerve wracking for Nanami?)

I really would like someone to ask her, "If that is what anyone would do, is it what you would do for anyone? If it were someone other than Nanami-sempai, would you go so far to support/protect them?" I really would like to know the answer to that myself! I don't know if she would say yes or no... (My gut says that the real answer is no, that she wouldn't go that far to protect someone else.)

In a lot of ways, it seems like, if you were not privy to Yuu's inner thoughts, you would think that she was in love with her fairly early on. Her behavior patterns certainly make it seem that way. In fact, you might think that she was in love, but either too shy or unsure of herself to show it openly.

In any event, the line at the end of chapter 5 speaks volumes: "I couldn't just simply give up. But I didn't realize it at that time."

I really do love this story! It is very well written.

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

The further into this story we get, I get more convinced that the author is portraying Yuu as either Demisexual or asexual. She truly doesn’t get what it is like to be sexually attracted to ANYONE. However, I get the feeling she is opening up to a romantic attraction to Nanami sempai. Once the romantic attachment is stronger, she could start to have sexual desire for her as well. (At least I hope that is how the story is going.)

Reading some of the comments here, it seems other people have thought that too... I am really impressed if the manaka really is intending to address either asexual or demisexual (or demiromantic) issues.

My personal take, which means precisely nothing, is that she is demisexual. I think she has already developed romantic feelings for Nanami but is confused because she doesn't feel any sexual desire for her, despite wanting to support her, be by her side, and spend more time with her. I really look forward to the chapter where she realizes her true feelings! So far the mangaka is doing an excellent job with this manga, in terms of art, story, characterization, and pacing. I love it!

zensunni
joined Feb 18, 2015

Yeah, I thought that was pretty obvious. Based on the naked girls nearly kissing on every piece of advertisement.

^girls kissing commonly used as het hentai magazine cover...

But not for TV dramas... This is actually on broadcast TV, not some sort of AV...

joined Feb 18, 2015

I read this a long time ago and was just looking around and reading some stuff today and thought I'd re-visit it. I actually really like this one. The uncertain, casual relationship the two have over the three years after they first went on a date was interesting. The fact that Yoshino couldn't handle the lack of commitment and left, pretty much without a word, really suggests that, while she realized she was in love with Yae, she didn't think that Yae would return that love in an exclusive manner. She hadn't had any reason to think that she would, frankly, and she had every reason to believe that her relationship with Yae was on the level of sex friend and that Yae was really hetero and not someone who would commit to a lesbian relationship. She may not have thought that Yae could commit to any relationship. It was unclear, but I got the feeling that Yoshino also dated other women during that time, right?

In any event, getting pregnant, despite supposedly not being able to have children changed Yae. (That DOES happen folks. I know a family with four children and the first two were in the same year in school. They were told that she couldn't have children and so they adopted a baby. By the time the adoption was complete, she was already about 6 months pregnant... My grandmother was told she couldn't have anymore kids after having my mom. Nine years later she was totally shocked and I have an aunt...) I think that the part about Yae wishing that Yoshino would have asked for commitment when they were younger is interesting. The fact that she realized that SHE should have made the first move shows maturity. They both grew up and found each other again... That makes for a nice story.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I love playing board games... By the way, I want some Yuri and love triangle between Pres x Miki then the new girl x miki

Why does everyone want love triangles. A bit of polymaory would be great every once in a while. All the fun of a love triangle, but nobody gets hurt. Just love, love, love, all over the place!

About the series, it looks like a lot of fun! I do hope it goes beyond subtext, though.

last edited at Jan 26, 2016 4:48AM