Forum › Posts by BreadBunny

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

It's obvious that "thief" will become a recurring character.

They will probably get their stuff back next chapter and that girl will help them settle down at that place.

She shouldn't have taken it, but maybe it's not the first time some "junk" is abandoned there.

yeah the way she reacted to it makes it pretty clear that that is indeed the case, she quite literally says "and here's another one..." "hey you get dumped by somebody?" "wanna come to my place?"
Which to me pretty clearly indicates that she finds things like an abandoned motorcycle a lot and doesn't think much of it until she finds their purses and everything inside it and goes uh oh "maybe they didn't dump you after all"

Also and this prediction maybe disproven next chapter but it's more than likely that the person who's calling in their old new house is the bike thief who probably went through their stuff to find contact details that connect to that house's phone

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I guess ch2 needs a Het tag

Bisexual seem more appropriate

I don't know because like yeah she sure slept with that guy, but she didn't do it because she liked him the story makes it pretty clear that she just stole him so her crush wouldn't go out with him. Which would make tagging that maybe a little more complicated

In other news, I really like the inbetween page where she looks back on having done that because she's just like "oh no how embarrassing of me to seduce this guy just because I was crushing on the girl who liked him" it adds some levity to the story which is really nice, and then of course in the present time mixer where she gets the impulse again and just goes "no I can't keep doing this I have to go for the girl I like instead of the guy I don't want said girl to end up with otherwise I'll just stay stuck in this loop" it's a fun little moment because it's played for comedy

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh is this finally going to give us a happy ending after four incarnations of this same exact story, or is this going to be a bait and switch so this author can just start telling us this story a fifth time later

BreadBunny
SHY discussion 20 Nov 20:21
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

also actually him being earth's mightiest hero who was chosen to save the world is one hell of a thing to say to Shy who has been doing literally all of the work up until now

last edited at Nov 20, 2021 8:22PM

BreadBunny
SHY discussion 20 Nov 20:20
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah guess they're introducing some new character... okay

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

an interesting story for sure but I'm gonna be honest I do not like Momoka one bit right now. Her entire reasoning for why she's playing around with other people is because she feels like Rin is the one who left her behind when that is just straight up untrue like girl, you're the one constantly playing around with other people despite knowing that Rin hates that. You're the one who left her behind and I somehow have to believe that you're the one who's hurt here like c'mon.

I do still want to see the rest of this story but god if Momoka is not going to be confronted about her actions I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 9:49PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

That dosent seem it as the the page that says "They aren't good at being precise" and "their movements tend to match" suggests their somesort of foreign entity. And on the last panel of that page it says "here comes usa48" I'm assuming short for Usagi28, which I interpreted as meaning the 48th rabbit. So perhaps they are mass produce robots? Or aliens?

I'm almost entirely certain that usa48 is a reference to AKB48 which is an idol group. So I really don't think there's like a sinister undertone to be found here

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

fun first chapter although I wonder where this is going to go especially considering it ends with a speech about letting yourself be deceived in search of true happiness. But hey if this series is going to give me drama then I'll at least expect good drama considering this is by the same author as still sick

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I love this manga, honestly the amount of throwing her own safety to save other people Satsuki does is really fun to see, especially because her extreme way of doing things is like founded on actual things unlike a lot of other stories where characters will act like they're insane for no reason.
This is like how do I say it normal people in extreme scenarios rather than extreme people in normal scenarios which I like a lot better personally

last edited at Nov 17, 2021 6:16PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

and here we go the next chapter of their life together. It's amazing really because most of these kinds of stories stop with high school but at this rate we're going to see these two together for the entire rest of their lives haha

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I wonder where this would even go from here on, because to be honest this feels very final chapter to me despite it probably not being one.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

fucking gotem what an april fools joke though. First you get a good mood going then you tell her you're going to move countries just to get the maximum reaction out of her haha.
Although yeah I don't think she was lying or joking so to speak up until she said she was offered a job. That mood may have been a set up to make the lie land harder but it also felt very genuine.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I suppose I went into this thinking it was going to be something like "Run away with me girl" and it really wasn't but not in a bad way. it this is really all then I'd say I'm happy about that because this story works better as a short one, saying what it had to say and and knowing when it's done saying everything

last edited at Nov 10, 2021 8:52PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah honestly I can't believe this isn't even subtext haha

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

and here we go, the storm before the calm one might say. but at least this way they'll stop dancing around the fact that they're falling for each other. Though also yeah if this wasn't a yuri manga I'd be a lot more anxious haha

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I'm loving these guesses but I just hope it's not going to be the good old "I'm moving for no real reason" that stories love to pull

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

lift tap lift tap, the universal egg breaking experience haha

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

haha, death really is just like "damn, guess I'm not welcome here"

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I don't think it's either honestly, her father just seems like an incredibly competent man who wants for people to be treated well so he asks his daughter to make sure that Liane can fit in at the party because while he takes Glamor at her word that they're friends he knows that there is more going on.
I think he's just a concerned dad who wants to make sure his daughter doesn't do something shitty and gently pushes her into the right direction by directly asking her to make sure that Lianne will be okay knowing that she won't refuse him.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

well that was a fun story, I really liked it. The way it was told by looping back and forth was also really interesting to me.
I especially liked seeing how the way they showed their affection to each other and internalized it essentially flipped over the years. With Kanoko being openly in love with Shiori when they were small, growing up to find her that her love wasn't always recognised as such by society and thus shutting herself off. And Shiori who struggled giving a name to her feelings and allowing herself to be in love with Kanoko, growing up to being openly in love with Kanoko no longer caring about it anymore.
It's also kind of interesting to consider that Shiori mostly had to deal with accepting that she was in love with Kanoko, overcoming internalised homophobia while Kanoko had to overcome the stigma of being in love with another woman from outside sources. With their struggles to allow themselves to be in love with each other essentially mirroring both in time and the struggles themselves (one being internal, and the other being external)
All in all a great story that I certainly have to reread soon now that it's all here.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

so the legal age of consent in japan is actually not 13 at all and I hate seeing that argument brought up over and over again. So here's the thing the legal age of consent in Japan is not set federally but each prefecture is allowed to set it individually but the LOWEST they are allowed to set it as is 13. NO prefecture has the age of consent set to lower than 16 with most of them having it set at 18 and the prefectures that have it set at any lower having active lobbying happening to have it raised to 18.

TLDR
the legal age of consent being 13 in Japan is a myth perpetuated for obviously shitty reasons. It takes literally five minutes of googling to disprove it so please stop believing other people when there's an obvious agenda behind telling you there's a country where it is somehow okay to have sex with children.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

at the end of ch.15 when Yanxing grabbed Gugu's note I was like "oh did you grab her gay notebook for lesbian notes" and then the next chapter just immediately goes "yes" hahaha

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 7:53AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

god it's so funny to me that when she's telling the other editors that their relationship is purely business they're all like "that's bullshit and everyone knows it"
We've seen the whole story and thus know that up until that moment at least their relationship was actually mostly business, friendly sure but focused on being a mangaka and her editor. But everyone else is just convinced they're dating.
Which I guess wasn't entirely unwarranted given what happens not much later, haha

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I feel like I'm really going to enjoy reading this again once it's finished, that's not to say I'm not enjoying it now of course but with all the jumping around this really feels like the kind of series where reading all of it in one go where you don't forget the details because you no longer have to wait between chapters really adds to to the story. If only so you can put the whole timeline neatly in a row along the way

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

that "will you be good to me line" just always hits me right in the heart.
Because that's what's important to her right then. She's been with someone who wasn't good to her so if she is going to be with someone new the most important thing is that they'll be good to her. I really really like this story

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 10:08PM