Forum › Posts by wlftchtr82

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I see the author is going into their "angsty plot" phase. (I recognize this is cynical)

This was originally published 18 months ago. Anything else you've read by the author she wrote long after this. If anything, she's recently, and sadly (from my perspective) entered a "no plot" phase.

soooo it will be the kind of story that goes no were and we might get some rushed chapter at the end? :/

As far as I know there are only 2 chapters (on pixiv).

wlftchtr82
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Why do I have a feeling they will solve it by Yamashita moving in with Takahashi?

Update after ch17: CALLED IT

last edited at Jun 24, 2022 8:54PM

wlftchtr82
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

As someone who is currently struggling with depression, all I gotta say about this new chapter is... Ouch

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 5:37PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Thanks for updating more of this author! Their art is the best so any new story by them makes me intrigued.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Ke_Zukulenzia posted:

Here, clearly, she thinks her "oshi" is an older boy.

Does she actually calls Mitsuki her "oshi" in the Japanese original?

Yes.

ngl that’s kinda cute

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Just so you guys know, the author recently did an interview about this series. They posted about it today.

There was a discussion on it in the Discord server yesterday, one line in particular drew attention. The author said she would not call this manga "yuri", stating it is more a story about "affection/ friendship between girls". That said, there was some debate on whether she was talking about the story as a whole (including the parts not yet written) or if was she simply referring to the story so far and was expressing doubt as to where she would take it eventually.

I think the author said they wouldn’t put their work (this manga in specific) in the yuri box but they like working with the theme of women and women’s love. Not calling your work yuri doesn’t mean you won’t call it women’s love… I think. But yeah, maybe Aya and Mitsuki might end up as just being friends and that wouldn’t make the message of the story of them bonding over music any less wholesome.

Btw, I will only mention this once again and leave it at that to not cause drama: there is a discord for people interested on this manga, where a bot updates us whenever the author tweets. If you’d like, come hang out. But this ain’t a plot to destroy the forum, it’s COMPLEMENTARY to discussing the story here. This ain’t a command, click the link if you want. It’s safe.

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 9:33AM

wlftchtr82
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022
67231567_p0

[Narrator's voice] And that's why you should always knock before you enter a tent... I think.

last edited at Jun 22, 2022 10:36PM

wlftchtr82
School Days discussion 22 Jun 22:25
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

There's always a message that tells "You like that ship? Watch the anime" and at this point I don't know why I am refusing to do it. I am addicted to this ship lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Just so you guys know, the author recently did an interview about this series. They posted about it today.

wlftchtr82
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Apparently ch18 is the last? It says so on Mangadex. Anyone know why?

Not that I know, but it would be pretty meta if this chapter was the point the author received the cancellation notice.
And yes, this manga only has one volume, with 3 chapter + extra left.

It would be meta af
Just adds to the beauty of this introspective manga, it’s like the author is setting down with us and telling us kids how is life

wlftchtr82
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

so is this series dropped?

Probably just super hard for them to find raws

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Why am I happy that the robot has feelings? I should be terrified.

Nadeshiko’s expression when she thought Akane only said she loved her because of the hallucination pained me so much.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Did y’all notice that not only is Mitsuki wearing a Radiohead vintage T-shirt (with the Creep Single cover) but also handed Aya a The Velvet Underground hoodie?

She knows her stuff.

Source

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Guys if Aya knew her crush was a girl we would have gotten a whole chapter of her gay panicking. The whole point of the clumsy gyaru in love arc she's going through is this...

Once she finds out she's interested in a girl she'll gay panic. This could be her falling for school Mitsuki, or this could be her finding out the store clerk is female without Mitsuki telling her. The moment the "onii-san" illusion is broken (***not like her crush is trying to make it a thing, Mitsuki is just androgynous), she'll start questioning her whole life like the disaster gay she really is.
If anything, the character bio we got last week makes it even more believable. She's never been interested in guys, and now that she is interested in someone she assumes it's a guy. Once she finds out it isn't, that it is an androgynous-looking female, babygirl will have an epiphany.

***Work Mitsuki never said "I am a man" (the "boku" she used once is not forbidden for females, I think) so the only thing making Aya believe it's a guy is her own conviction that she's straight.
"If I am interested in this mysterious individual, it has to be a man" (and/or she's just not familiar with the concept of tomboys)

last edited at Jun 20, 2022 5:12PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I wonder if perhaps Aya has already realised that her crush is actually a girl, perhaps even from the very start.

She still refers to her crush as a “he”, so not yet. But she’s pretty close to finding out.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I only now realized Aya gave Mitsuki her number but as far as I know hasn’t even asked for Mitsuki’s name yet

She used all her game in giving the “guy” her number but forgot to check who the heck was the “guy” (name, AGE).
Starting to think Aya is not so bright…

last edited at Jun 20, 2022 1:45AM

wlftchtr82
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Apparently ch18 is the last? It says so on Mangadex. Anyone know why?

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 8:21PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Did Mitsuki grow like six inches in height all of a sudden?

Does she always grow taller when she changes into work clothes? I hadn't noticed before...

Or is it the humid weather? Does she expand on wetting? lmao

Yeah I noticed that too. Arent they the same height?

I think Mitsuki's has been consistently shown as slightly taller.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I was hoping for a follow-up to the latest chapter (ch9) where Aya mentions school Mitsuki and work Mitsuki’s similarities. But it seems like they just brushed it off… Hope we get some commentary on Mitsuki’s part, like an introspection and her going “I had a chance to clear out the misunderstanding but I got nervous”.

Anyways, the author showing Aya getting excited to meet her crush on Sunday was meta af.

wlftchtr82
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The translation gets weirder and weirder.

Can't make head or tail of what's going on.

And still we don't feel like stopping, I find it kinda fascinating. Not sure why.

I think it's because it makes the character's interactions all the more weird. I love it.

wlftchtr82
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Thanks for another dose of my emotional support weirdos, Windyfall.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Jesus people are going full Sherlock on this manga lmao. Love it tho. Can’t wait for the next chap, but the bios are great.

[ pretending I'm not the one who wrote a frame by frame analysis of the 8th chapter ]
haha they really are, aren't they? people are crazy about this manga hahaha

Next chapter comes out this Sunday on the author's twitter. Translations are pretty quick so it'll probably come out the same day.

last edited at Jun 17, 2022 4:22PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

ty for such a detailed attempt at explaining, wlftchtr82, much appreciated

You take the paper out of their face and look embarrassed. The left hand behind her neck is a sign of that embarrassment.
But Mitsuki wouldn't keep left hand like that while she's so close to Aya in that position — that'd be even more awkward. So she just went back to the first position they were in and we didn't really see.
That in which her left hand was there to give Aya support if she has to fall.

I don't know, this actually still sounds weird to me. If Mitsuki was embarrassed, once Aya's saved, why not make a step back from her and hide your hands behind as if you did smth wrong/embarrassing with those? Just how is it less awkward or embarrassing to a kabedon?
anyway, it doesn't really change much for the story, but I thought I'd still ask how others perceived what took place at the balcony because I found it so confusing

Np, I am glad it helped (?) in some way or another...
I'd say that you don't think when these situations happen, specially because Mitsuki was also close to loosing balance after trying to prevent Aya from falling and getting the paper from her face. It's a very confusing and awkward mess of a situation.

But now that she's the Prince, here's hoping that they... Kiss

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 9:10PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

How about, Aya is torn between "Work" Mitsuki and "School" Mitsuki. She hasn't put together that they'rethe same person, yet. Plus, everyone in class is shipping them already.

Imagine Mitsuki feeling that she has to compete with herself for Aya.

No matter what, I don't believe that'll happen here. I can see Mitsuki worry about Aya's misunderstanding, but I can't imagine her getting into a "false triangle" mindset and wanting Aya to choose "School" Mitsuki over "Work" Mitsuki.

Agreed. Specially because “real Mistuki” is “Work” Mitsuki. The place where she plays a persona is actually at school, even though she won’t admit it straight away. She tones herself down, doesn’t express her style even if it’s not against regulations, keeps up the “plain” facade because itMs easier.
The only “triangle” we’re likely to see is Aya liking both school and work Mitsuki and feeling relieved in the end after finding out it’s the same person.

A part of me still hopes the misunderstanding is cleared right away and we get Aya to pay more attention at Mitsuki at school because now she knows her secret (that being “she’s actually super cool and not so plain”) and falling for the person as a whole. With extra bits of gay panic for our enjoyment.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

All I can say about this new chapter is… OUCH