Forum › Posts by Skyrin

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Erotic asphyxiation and knife play are things, so it's not that surprising to see other, harebrained, almost-as-stupidly-dangerous sexual activities like eyeball licking.

They sure are. What a world we live in. Never gets boring.

Though thinking on it a bit, in a weird way I can somehow understand people getting their kicks out of those other two things more readily for whatever reason. I guess it tells more about myself than anything else!

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 6:15AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Take a joke people...

slap.jpg

Lol okay it's not as extreme, but point is, there are good jokes, and bad jokes.
Not every joke is to be tolerated, just because it was made halfheartedly

That image gets more poignant by the day.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

wasn't eyeball-licking a trend in japanese schools a while ago? i remember reading something about the authorities going out with warnings that it's actually very unhygienic and carries risks of infection.

I was ready to make a comment about the stupidity of that particular activity, but this manga sure kicked it up a notch.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Everything went better than expected!

More like wetter than expected, ohoho~

Skyrin
New Game discussion 15 Aug 12:14
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Speaking of today's episode, Umiko having to explain to Aoba what an FPS is seems... off. I mean I get that it was probably for the benefit of the viewers but still. Should have just gone with

"Then how about FPS games?"
"First-person shooters? Don't I need good reflexes to play those..."

or something to that effect. /small annoyances

Skyrin
Kase-san discussion 10 Aug 08:25
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Thanks for the triple release! Shouldn't these be chapters 12-14 instead of 14-16 though?

I'm guessing the episode ordering on Dynasty was different back when I first translated them (ie. some of the chapters that were numbered ended up becoming .5s). It's hard to tell the actual numbering when the chapters aren't numbered to begin with.

True enough. Well, it does not matter much either way, I was just curious. Thanks again!

Skyrin
Kase-san discussion 10 Aug 03:06
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Thanks for the triple release! Shouldn't these be chapters 12-14 instead of 14-16 though?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Nico, exclusively top?

That is the best joke I have heard in a long time!

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It's not how you do a body swap, Kasumi ! According to swap <=> swap, you need to actually kiss. :3

Cute chapter, lots of cuddling and those two are still married as ever. ^^

I thought the correct way was to fall down the stairs onto someone's head.

Scared Sakurako is adorable.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Is "delicious bakery" a euphemism?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Maki's birthday story on Nico's birthday is fine too.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

neversung posted:

16?? This is way less creepy than I thought. Isn't the age of consent in Japan something ridiculous like 13?

Same old misconception. It all depends on the relationship between the persons involved and the age gap, like in any other civilized country. I think it's 14 now. But between people close in age.

It is only a general law anyway as I understand, with laws on prefectural level superceding it with higher ages of consent.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Yayy, more wholesome social intercourse~

Skyrin
New Game discussion 12 Jul 03:36
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ah, okay.

Also, what is the context behind the mogu rant?

Some people got really mad that I decided to use the officially-used romanizations for the names in the anime translation.

Which I purposely did not do for the manga because they are not conducive to a purely text-based medium.

People (online) get mad about the silliest things. Keep up the good work!

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Smooth moves, Ms. Philanthropist.

Skyrin
New Game discussion 05 Jul 09:04
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

They introduced Shizuku and Umiko much earlier in the anime, but I suppose that is pretty standard in adaptations.

According to a director interview, it's because they're popular characters, so they're having them be active characters from earlier on to please fans.

Yup yup happens quite often I feel, in these types of shows that are not hugely story focused at least. Characters will feel more integrated into the whole when they are there from the beginning, fans will get more scenes with their favorites, win-win really.

Looking forward to more adorably awkward Hifumin times~

Skyrin
New Game discussion 05 Jul 04:05
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

They introduced Shizuku and Umiko much earlier in the anime, but I suppose that is pretty standard in adaptations.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The one thing that would have made this even better would have been Tsubasa as Honoka's date for the wedding, but I can understand how they wanted to keep this between μ's. At any rate, that was beautiful.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Perhaps Nozomi could try this with Elichika or two. Or three. Or whatever, whichever number seems appropriate.

Skyrin
Collectors discussion 29 Jun 08:42
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The little things indeed...

Welp, time to re-read Collectors again!

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Nozomi is even more powerful than I thought.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Y'know, if that girl ever witness a crime, that'd end up being one heck of an identification session...

"So, miss, do you recognize the culprit there ?"
"Mmmh, I'm not sure... Oh, I know ! Could you get them to turn around and bend forward ? I'm sure I can recognize their butt no problem !"
"Whut ?!"

"Every butt is different, officer."

Or perhaps Maiko just is a butt whisperer.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Short hair, long hair, it's all good. Don't be a hairstyle-ist. Wait, that did not come out right...

Having said that, long hair suited this particular character the best.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

so nice to get works based on this series, girls look pretty unique with fashion/ornaments/piercings/rings/etc. rather refreshing.

And just like with Love Live, the works based on the series tend to be better than the actual series.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Goo-gaa goo-gaa goo

Great, now I will always substitute normal Nico talk with that. Or at least the next few times.