Forum › Posts by Orangey

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Meh, the main character is a bit too angsty for me, and also its pretty clear that she's blind MC, come on stop being an idiot.

Interested to see how the blind woman will be portrayed though!

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

woah wtf was with chapter 40. Isn't it ok that we're all deviants? I'm a guy? And why is Marika suddenly having doubts now over it being ok if she dresses up as a woman or not? what the fuck. Like I get that she just said that she was a guy to the boys there because idk she felt awkward or whatever, but to suddenly be like "is what I'm doing ok??! reaaaally isnt great for an ending chapter. Plus why on earth would Marika enter a cross-dressing competition, if she identifies as a girl? Wouldn't her "cross-dressing outfit" be male clothing?? UGH this manga. I loved it right until chapter 40. But no. I really don't like how Marikia was done here

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

I felt like this could be an entire yuri manga condensed and squeezed down into one chapter

joined Mar 12, 2014

I WANT TO TALK ABOUT ROCKS!!!

joined Mar 12, 2014

OK having that photo album adds up the weirdness factor a bit Asami. I am very glad that we avoided the whole cheating plot though, that was already a bit of a stretch to start with.

I can see Haruto turning into some stalker dude and getting all up in Maya's business about Asami and its just gonna end in tears with him. I want to like the dude, and I think him being concerned about the two of them would be a natural thing, but I'm sure its gonna be portrayed badly. Asami is still ugh. There are parts of her I like, like I do enjoy how she's making Maya break out of her terrible routine but the way she does it mmmm not so much.

I wonder what the deal is gonna be with that album though. I reckon angst clouds are a-brewing

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

Why does she have to be a high school girl? why not a college girl? -.- I feel underrepresented...
Also it's weird to cling to your best friend like that for years >.>

I know how you feel about the high school girl, i find it so hard these days to find a good yuri/ shoujo-ai manga involving adults. Wish she was also a college to a young adult myself. But being clingy to your Best friend for years is weird? Me and my bff has been inseparable for almost 20 years now. Even though she is engaged with a child and i'm starting out in my career field We do everything together. I dont think its weird for two people, mostly if they see eachothers as almost sisters, to be so close.

Meh, I got the feeling OP meant it's weird to keep hanging on to a crush for so long, especially with your best friend who you know is straight and Not Interested. Because that is just plain unhealthy, and I've seen a few people like that in real life who should really try to let go on things that aren't going to happen, ESPECIALLY if the person you like is in a happy relationship elsewhere, but ima gonna stop there before I get into a big old rant haha

This was nice, nothing special, but nice. I do agree with that it would be nicer if she was a college student than a high school student though

Also lol if the MC asked to drop in on the interview only to find that the girl was actually applying to another patissere that day, she defs would've regretted trading coats ha ha ha ha

edit: ok credits page is the best page. no doubt about that, 10/10 A+

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 4:47PM

Orangey
Swap discussion 07 Mar 16:31
joined Mar 12, 2014

im not sure how to feel about this

I am VERY amused over the fact that they essentially swapped their own things back to them though. But yeah lol edging more towards creepy than cute

Orangey
Pulse discussion 04 Mar 05:04
joined Mar 12, 2014

"i mean she's a lesbian though, so she probably isn't into serious relationships. Not afraid to break the hearts of men and women"

this line made me really angry >_> i hope we're supposed to not like this girl because everything she said was just ugh

joined Mar 12, 2014

I way enjoy the supporting pairs far more than the actual main pair in this! Even the bonus where the two supports were just talking about the manga was more enjoyable for me than a normal chapter with the two mains.

I would be quite happyif we just have more and more side pairings going on hahaha

Orangey
Lavender discussion 02 Mar 02:21
joined Mar 12, 2014

she must have like 0 awareness to be able to accidentally brush fingers with someone while on the phone

also lol dariokart

joined Mar 12, 2014

So far, this is baically a dumbed-down version of Octave.

I am seeing the Octave vibes, but I much, much prefer the woman in Octave compared to Asami here. For one she was pretty chilled and supportive while the MC was doing all her bad choices - and only hard on her when she was really needed to be. And they communicated properly! I like Octave a heck of a lot, as I associate a lot with the MC, 'cause she struggles a lot, but the main point was that her girlf was a positive thing for her and helped her.

Here though, all we've had is Asami make the moves on her, then be all >( at her at work when the MC is all "um no I can do my own work" and now looks to be cheating on her girlfriend too? And is all smug when she see's her outside when we all know the MC is just freaking out over everything.

She hasn't really be supportive, she's just continuously hassled her to the point where the MC broke down shouting and crying. Mmm.

This went into a big rant haha, and I can see the sides arguing against the stuff I've said here, but I think my main issue is that Asami is just a bit of a smug bitch. Lol. MC doesn't need a smug bitch in her life~

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

I would quite like one day in a student-teacher manga for the bff to actually be like "um no don't do out with a student, you could get fired" instead of always pushing for the two to get together. It always seems to be the classic "we're both girls, you're going through a phase' but it would be nice if the teacher could just believe that they were genuine but y'know, just doesn't wanna lose their job.

This was cute enough, but I don't think I've seen anything different here from the usual student-teacher though

You've read the bits of Dear My Teacher that have been translated here, right? Because if not, get on that.

Yeah I have, though didn't that essentially have the "youre going through a phase" bit too? Along with her friends pushing her to go out with her student hahaa.

I think the only one who is going to stand in the way is the sensei's old crush, who is someone I don't think the mangaka wants us to take sides with.

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

Orangey posted:

I would quite like one day in a student-teacher manga for the bff to actually be like "um no don't do out with a student, you could get fired" instead of always pushing for the two to get together.

From my understanding that sort of thing isn't actually illegal in Japan so you'd be unlikely to see that happen.

Doesn't matter if it's illegal, it would be a huge scandal and schools don't want that. They'd definitely fire her.

Plus there's the age issue. The Children Welfare Act makes sex with a child under 18 illegal, with some exceptions that almost 100% wouldn't apply here.

Wayyyy back when I was in school, we had a student-teacher scandal, and while our teacher wasn't fired for it, she was off for a heck of a long time. It never looks good no matter where you are, I think, even if it is legal.

I do like the idea of student-teacher, but I just wish mangas went into more angst/guilt/detail with it, instead of the standard. There's so much that could be gone into with it!

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

I kinda liked the first chapter, as it's pretty refreshing to have the MC figure out that her bff is crushing on her straight away. I can get why she wants to put the friendship first, I used to have a super close friendship similar to this (before she turned into a bitch lolol) and making the jump from that to potentially going out with her would've been weird.

Sometimes it DOES take that jealousy to make you realise, and well I don't have many problems with the MC as a character, she's not great but she's not bad either. I feel like the pacing is a little off in this though, it started off like it would be nice and slow and then suddenly next chapter OH YEAH BTW IM DATING SENSEI

the sensei is down right fucking terrible. Where does she get off telling her students thats its essentially their fault that their bff got with her and its NOT HER FAULT if she's potentially cheating on her as YOU BROKE HER HEART FIRST because youre unsure about your sexuality HOW DARE YOU, YOURE THE WORST.

/rant

(I'm sure we'll see the sensei being 'cool' and giving stupid cryptic advice later on on how to steal her back, but god ugh noooo)

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

I would quite like one day in a student-teacher manga for the bff to actually be like "um no don't do out with a student, you could get fired" instead of always pushing for the two to get together. It always seems to be the classic "we're both girls, you're going through a phase' but it would be nice if the teacher could just believe that they were genuine but y'know, just doesn't wanna lose their job.

This was cute enough, but I don't think I've seen anything different here from the usual student-teacher though

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

Oh Maki, you're such a good kid. I love you Maki, even if many other peeps here don't.

Yuu's perspective on things here is really interesting, and I'm hoping she doesnt suddenly pull a 180 and fall passionately in love with Nanami. I would argue that she IS in love, but in a more ace-i-dont-have-crazy-hormones-over-you kind of love, although it would be kind of cool to see her slowly progressing into taking a next step with whatever she's comfortable with.

But yay! I'm loving all these characters and that never usually happens for me

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

Agh reread this again and its so good. Also with the new chapter n Maki unintentionally seeing them both kiss and instead of all other guys/girls who witness these types of things in manga and becoming super jealous/super grossed out he just smiles a little to himself cause theyre so cute together. Maki is just adorable. Plus I kind of liked that he let her know he saw, because it was along the lines of "well I saw, but its cool dw, but if you arent making it public well be careful" which was nice

MAKI IS A GOOD GUY shock horror (but we cant have good guys in yuri mangas what is this craziness)

also yeah Yuu and Nanami are still adorable. I love how naturally their relationship is progressing. ahrh. such cuuuuutieees

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

what happened in that ending, i just dont get it

Orangey
My Odile discussion 24 Dec 03:23
joined Mar 12, 2014

'let me wipe your sweat off for you

lick

wait damn it no, thats wrong - '

Orangey
Gardenia discussion 14 Dec 17:03
joined Mar 12, 2014

yeah I hated the betrothed endings. and lol btw im engaged endings. noooooo

I have no idea about what you just said.

ha ha ha, all right my bad. Sometimes I'm pretty lazy with my grammar online. Basically, I hate it whenever I see any yuris that end with one of the girls confessing that theyre already engaged or that they've accepted a marriage proposal.

Especially the ones that seem to have chosen for themselves to get married, even though theyre clearly not interested in the guy.

Orangey
Lily Love discussion 14 Dec 16:57
joined Mar 12, 2014

ugh ploy

ugh

shes everything we didnt need in this manga

As long as they don't add a dude, I think I can handle it. it's nice to have a series that doesn't end after the kiss.

reads chapter

psycho-grinning dude pops up

ha ha ha
sigh

Plus god Ploy gets worse and worse the more I see her. She might as well have IMA ANNOYING PLOT DEVICE written over her at all times. I like how Mew dealt with it though. But still, ugh god. I much preferred it when it was the two of them just being cutieees

Orangey
Gardenia discussion 25 Nov 03:43
joined Mar 12, 2014

booo booo boooooo

no fuck that. I'm gonna marry some dude, but at least we'll always have flowers!

(oh my, how could I be so selfish??? wanting to go out with this girl who likes me back. Jeez! I'm such an IDIOT!!)

yeah I hated the betrothed endings. and lol btw im engaged endings. noooooo

Orangey
Lily Love discussion 19 Nov 18:07
joined Mar 12, 2014

ugh ploy

ugh

shes everything we didnt need in this manga

Orangey
Their Story discussion 14 Nov 03:23
joined Mar 12, 2014

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa

plus omg. such pretty art as always~

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

arghghh theyre so cute! so close! these two are defs my favourite couple!