Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Seems simple enough. Take Noriko with you and marry her there!

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 18 Apr 20:05
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

I know you can just go over to Tumblr and see the current stuff, but please be mindful of the people who like to wait and read them in a batch here.

Or do you maybe want me to start spoiler-tagging entire comments and turn this into Fluttering Feelings II? Because I'd be happy to oblige.

last edited at Apr 18, 2015 8:06PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Best headbutt. The rest is window dressing made out of tofu skins.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_witchs_hand#13
On the 13th page at the middle left panel there are two girls snuggling to each other I can't figure out why they are there or who they are
Anyone have any ideas?

Probably just people on the street. They don't seem to match any of the author's other couples. Size-wise maybe the couple from Sleeping Beauty's Dream, but the hair doesn't match.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 17 Apr 23:19
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Ccfmxaiumaanaqk.png%20large

Luminous is even more shameless than holding hands in public.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 17 Apr 23:18
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Donut always looks pretty hot, not sure where she gets this "average" business.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 17 Apr 21:46
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
48417051_p0

Princess ? more like PRINCEST!! HAHAHAHA! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA D: ._.) walks away

Go to your room and think about what you've done.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just a reminder that whining about how long scanlation groups are taking is discouraged here. You really wanna push the issue, go bug the scanners about it, see how far that gets you.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah what the fuck! How dare these guys at payapaya don't do work for free! It's been three months! I can't believe these people! Not doing free work! How could you!

I say we lynch 'em. Then they'll learn.

Death awaits them, and better than they deserve.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't think it's possible to get drunk from sniffing cologne, but it's possible to get a headache from it. Oh well I'll let that slide since the story is cute and adorable xD

To be fair, even the traditional "getting drunk from chocolate" is a bit inaccurate. I think the stat is that you'd have to eat like 20 of them to get the dosage of two standard drinks or whatever. But it didn't seem like Hiyoko was completely drunk from the cologne...kinda seemed to me that she was also washed up in her longing for Sato.

Personally I think it was entirely her longing for Sato, but both of them blamed it on the cologne. Poor innocent cologne.

Nezchan Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 17 Apr 10:27
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

guess its time for hard mode.

Fuck yeah ultraman!! XD Ahaha that April Fools was awesome.

Angst in Sasameki is a good kind of angst, because it adds depth to Kazama's character (which she lacked a little beforehand). Up to then, she looked like an airhead fawning over cute girls right in front of the only one that truely loves her.

I had always felt that it was simmering under Kazama's surface and trying to ignore Sumika. Tis how I always felt about her. Either way, it's a great series and agree about the aangst in it, never felt forced.

I seem to remember that there's also an implication that Kazama had a suicide attempt in her past, but I can't seem to easily find it. Something to do with the apartment balcony, I recall. I'll need to re-read to get it I think.

You mean this?
Just glanced over it right now but I don't think there was any implication in there.

Her brother seemed to think there was a possibility in that scene, and I seem to remember an implication that they moved to that apartment after an event something like her later outburst/tantrum. Given the at least perceived prevalence of youth suicide in Japan it doesn't seem unlikely the possibility is implied there.

Nezchan Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 17 Apr 09:45
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

guess its time for hard mode.

Fuck yeah ultraman!! XD Ahaha that April Fools was awesome.

Angst in Sasameki is a good kind of angst, because it adds depth to Kazama's character (which she lacked a little beforehand). Up to then, she looked like an airhead fawning over cute girls right in front of the only one that truely loves her.

I had always felt that it was simmering under Kazama's surface and trying to ignore Sumika. Tis how I always felt about her. Either way, it's a great series and agree about the aangst in it, never felt forced.

I seem to remember that there's also an implication that Kazama had a suicide attempt in her past, but I can't seem to easily find it. Something to do with the apartment balcony, I recall. I'll need to re-read to get it I think.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 17 Apr 09:34
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In real life relationships, sometimes, nothing happens at all.

Daily boring life, you know. Like 34-sai Mushoku-san.

Real life doesn't have timeskip though...

I'm confused, most people don't have timeskips? I assumed we all did...

Those are actually fugue states.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Vol. 2 is out for sale as of 2 days ago. I'm always happy to get my gayness in physical form! Hurray!

Gayness? I thought we were talking about School Police, which in the first 7 chapters seems to be a yuri-free zone.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Edit: Wonder how many people know these guys...
Game: Ib Pairing: Ib x Mary Link: pixiv1 pixiv2 pixiv3

At least it's not Ib x torso.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's also the fact that an awful lot of what you're seeing is short stories, especially in yuri. The author simply hasn't enough space to make a fully developed romance in those constraints, so often has to pare things down to the very basics, or at least use culturally-recognizable shorthand. Longer stories can be a lot more decompressed, but even then it takes a lot of space to give the nuance of a real-world romance so it doesn't happen much even with hetstuff. So often you jump straight to love.

Now here in the west, you've also got the added layer that we don't often use different terms for "like" and "love", with the former being more of a children or friends thing. So literally every romantic feeling gets called love, the only difference in degree is a difference in emphasis. Which doesn't necessarily come off well in print.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 15 Apr 22:51
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i think the most amazing thing is that Keiko took it all in stride at the end and totally played along. She never would have done that earlier in the series.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ColonalCat:

Should add that she doesn't realize she's in love with Matsuri until she gets kissed.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 15 Apr 21:23
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

She was recording a fetish or a joke? hehe...

Why can't she have both?

Nezchan Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 14 Apr 23:14
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Any good angsty yuri favorites, y'all?

Everything Jin and Shuninta do. Also Sasameki Koto.

Yeah
Jin's
shit
is
SO
ANGSTY
!!!!

Assuming of course you ignore half of what she's done. Easy.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, if you want the real thing, there's always Lemonade.

Might be too hardcore yuri for some, though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Star Ocean 2 was totally my jam. Loved the characters, especially Ashton and Celine for different reasons.

Let's face it, nobody wears a shower curtain quite the way Celine does.

Nezchan Moderator
DEEP RED discussion 14 Apr 22:03
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't get what happened in the end...

The meat is people.

What's for dinner?

MEATLOAF!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, by sheer chance Prism got cancelled at a spot it would be natural to wrap up a story at anyway.

If you want something a little more serious, I'm fond of Pieta. Or for a more lighthearted mood, Ebisu-san and Hotei-san is a winner.

Nezchan Moderator
Aaaaaangst discussion 14 Apr 17:59
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd agree, Lonely Wolf is really low on the angst scale. Might even be better as drama when it comes down to it.