Forum › Posts by Melon

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is doomed... to be really entertaining!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, it is really dark. The main plot is a lot about revenge. especially of abused women or children against their abusers. And that is done pretty drastically.

Sorry, if it made you feel disturbed. I just genuinely wanted to talk about it somewhere.
I think I'll post a list of the chapters with trigge warnings in case anyone is still interested. It just looks like it will be really woth it. It's getting so gooddddddd... :O

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 3:56AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Warning: dark, gory, toxic, pychological, serious themes, violence

Just wondering if anybody has read this masterpiece of a webcomic. Like holy..... the artwork is a-amazing. The perspectives are just soooo good... and in the mature scenes it is all drawn so lovely. Really sexy and still super stylish. So beautiful and... I already mentioned sexy... with out being over the top, unrealistic or giving of a perverted feel. (some of them, especially the first ones, include violence though, It is not fetishized imo though, it's just part of the drama). And the way the orgasm is shown feels so... real... like it really captures that moment so well. I have never seen anything like this.

The story is super dark, but also written so well... haaaa. :O I hope so much for some kind, whatever kind of happy ending for the girls, but I can already feel that it will totally destroy me... sigh.

Where I am reading it, there is no comment section and I really needed to vent my admiration for this... masterpiece... crys..... Maybe somebody around here also knows and appreciates this comic...

It is pretty dark, but in case anyone wants to see the sweet moments... This user posts on tictoc pretty sweet clips of the two girls <3333
https://www.tiktok.com/@dzuvidai/video/7175728455043124507

Just posting the description below:
"Haegu, a proficient and merciless hitwoman, executes a man in front of his own daughter and takes the child under her wing. She decides to name her Mian, the word for "sorry" in Korean, and gives her one mission: "Kill me when you can." From that moment on, Mian decides that she will do this by choking Haegu with feigned love and emotionally manipulating her into submission. But as Mian grows into an adult, she's thrown into confusion as what was supposed to be pure revenge turns into lust... and possibly real love. Meanwhile, Haegu grapples with her own feelings for Mian while continuing to carry out life-threatening missions. Can Haegu and Mian ever learn to truly love each other, or are they doomed to drown in their toxic cycle of violence and revenge?"

It has its surprisingly sweet moments... and the art is sooo good... sigh.....

Edit:
I'll update a list of trigger warnings for the gore and violence chapters later.

last edited at Feb 12, 2023 3:09AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Not the same genre, but... wasn't Michael Jackson a pedophile? And people adore him so much, play him on the radio, call him king of pop... Blegh... My point is that society and especially media just doesn't seem to care in a lot of cases. Mainly if there's money involved. I still think the music can be good even if the person was an ass though.

Anyway very cute episode, and nice recommending some recent music. the album is not bad, but a bit too soft for my taste, lol. Wanna hear a fierce woman with nice growling. Try Lena Scissorhands (rec. song Opium). and then smash things up like Koga :D

last edited at Dec 6, 2022 6:32AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This whole series is so wholesome... ah still blinded by the power of youth...

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

aaah the "decaying" adults all look so cute as kids too (am I allowed to say that, I am almost 30, meh I don't care)
This chapter was pure sugar... and man, do I miss festivals... I wanna see Muse too...

last edited at Nov 23, 2022 7:15PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I don't think people pointed it out but turns out the song she performed at the party was probably "I Promise" by Radiohead.

もう逃げない = I won't run away no more.
Mitsuki was quoting the lyrics here on Chapter 24.

This song was released in 2017 on the reissue of their 'OK Computer' (1997) album, titled 'OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017', so it was recorded in '96 and released 21 years later. It makes a lot of sense to say it's a lesser known song by them. So Aya was probably right

Btw, I added it to the Google Doc with all the bands compiled.

Thank you sooo much <3 I did not know that song. I'll head off to listen to it now...

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 1:39AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Still one of my favs <3

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I want to give this comic a 1000 likes and more. Take all my love, author!!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Now Kiss kiss, Fall in Love. And I love Radiohead.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is just getting better and better and better :D

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is bliss... I dig (and want more) stoic cool chic X gyaru chic comics.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

OMG... this... is... perfection!!!! I just found this and am so in loooove! reminds me of my school days. Now I wanna hang out at a record store. The protagonists are so cute/cool. Loving every bit!!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Not sure how I feel about this chapter, on the one hand a big info dump that was supposed to paint Aya in a more sympathetic light, on the other hand a very, very rapey sex scene (though it was, admittedly, still hot) which makes me like her much less
I'm not trying to play moral police and say that Aya needs to be cancelled because she did bad, but still, the overall vibe I'm getting from this chapter is a person who's become more than a little messed up by something in the past, resulting in her now having very warped ideas about relationships and boundaries. So overall, really somebody more suited for therapy than any kind of romantic relationship...

Was getting the same vibes. The rape aspect kills this series for me, which is a shame since it had a lot of potential.

Me three.... I read some yuri recently that started with some abusive and ignorant ex-partners. And I got the same vibes as here. Like putting the blame on the other or assuming to know what the other feels better than they do. It's not really for me...

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

When you start a series thinking it's going to be mostly subtext, only to be hit with the "I want you to fuck me senseless"-line few pages later.... O.o

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Random plot appearing. But still plot that makes sense. absolutely approved!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Lol, the first time I read yuri harem. Pretty fun actually. I used to hate harems...

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Man, i wanna give the author a big hug. I mean it sounds very stressful what they are doing. Working so much. But the manhua totally has me hyped. I think it is way above mediocre. Pains me to read of the authors low self-esteem.

Also i am afraid they will drop it Someday. :/ with this amount of stress. Then theres the feeling Bad, because of making people wait. I known all those feelings well. Hope my Fears will Not come to reality. In the meantime i will Swallow every new update. Thanks for the translation.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yes, give me more, please :D

Melon
Lily Marble discussion 26 Aug 03:35
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I admit i was slightly panicing, when i saw the Tags Marriage and Het combined with Age Gap. Noooooo... Not my tsubasa and iwashita....

But well that went Great. Reliefed!!!!

I don't Care much for the other "couples" since mostly it was unrequited. Not unrealistic but Depressing. Aya and Risa are Sweet though as well. Would have liked to Read their whole story without the Skip.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This would be so good if tanya wasn't a tiny bit too young. I like age gap, but holy.. she's like 12... :/

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I really wonder what Miko' motives are. Love the dark atmophere...

Melon
Ramen discussion 24 Aug 16:30
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

love this tag, hmmmm hungry.....

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

u come to read a cute little romance and get a panic attack because you've lived through a controlling mom that makes you feel like lying to her in any situation is the only acceptable solution

I did the complete opposite actually. My mom was really strict and controling too. I kinda gave in, I did almost nothing, I always came home early, did what she wanted and did the things I wanted to do in secret. I only managed because I knew that someday I would be free. But when she got the feeling she could trust me, I was allowed more stuff, too. I'm so glad she was not able to use the internet. It could have gotten ugly then.
Then, with 18 I left the house and went to a big city to study. Which is the best thing that could happen to me. Also to her, because I figure it must be exhausting to always want to be in control...

Hope our girls will not have to wait this long.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Oh my dear "Read from left to right"-tag, never have you failed me <3 Found another gem.
I don't know what it is, maybe the mature art or the way the mix of drama&comedy is done, I always love comics with this tag :D